• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Project Rub

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Daaaanieeeeel...

:D

I've got the far superiorly named Feel the Magic XY/XX. And it DOES say I would die for you if you change the language to Japanese. ^^ Pity it doesn't say that on the box, but you do get to see the girl sans bikini.

It's a great game, but the final boss is evil. I simply cannot do it and have nearly killed myself trying. C'est EVAAAAIL....

:Gary:

Doctor Oak said:
Daaaanieeeeel...

:D

I've got the far superiorly named Feel the Magic XY/XX. And it DOES say I would die for you if you change the language to Japanese. ^^ Pity it doesn't say that on the box, but you do get to see the girl sans bikini.

It's a great game, but the final boss is evil. I simply cannot do it and have nearly killed myself trying. C'est EVAAAAIL....

:Gary:

G-man, you lucky boy. Feel The Magic is a much better name, and would probably get me less disturbed looks when people see the cover. Actually, forget that last part.

And you haven't finished the last boss? It ain't that hard...unless you're doing it in hard mode. I still haven't got past Nightmare on hard...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
No, just normal mode. When I get the beam right up to spike dude, he just sends it right back to me and I simply can't stop it. Kills me. Dead.

:(

Maybe I just can't do it quick enough, I even hold my DS the other way so I can rub the dude's head vertically in an attempt to get it to work. Kills my arm.

Actually, that bit was quite hard. Can't remember what I did to finish it, but I'm sure I'll have arthritis later in life because of it.

I'm telling you though, hard mode is like...I can't think of anything forum friendly to say here.

That game was hilarious, and the final boss WAS evil, even on normal mode. The bit where you had to draw a line on the boss was fun, because Z is my trademark letter, and I got to trace that a lot. ^_^ I mean, er... I'm not lame, really!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was going to pick up that game several times but people said to pass and wait for Wario Ware instead. Even with Wario Ware, is Feel the Magic worth a purchase? (Considering all the new DS games coming out and titles like Polarium that I have yet to buy).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I have Wario Ware, Polarium and Feel the Magic and I have to say it's probably a contest between Wario Ware and Feel the Magic for lastability.

Wario Ware is GREAT to jump into in times of boredom and have a bash at but Feel the Magic is closer to the 'traditional' aspect of games where you can play it for sustained periods of a few days.

It's a game worth having but once games like AOE II, Egg Monster Heroes, Final Fantasy, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Castlevania etc all start coming out, it's going to be a game you'll forget about. My tip would be to get it when these real games start coming out but not too much later.

I like the Jackass sort of gameplay in it myself. ^^ It's probably the closest to a Jackass Game conversion you'll get and the stunts get suitably crazy to keep you entertained.

Luckily for me, there's a demo of Wario Ware in Game Forestside. And the staff haven't noticed that I've been coming there on an almost weekly basis to play it.

I need a job. Or better yet, money.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I have that demo. ^^

You can have it until you get the full game if you want, easier than going on a bus down to Forestside. :wink:

Doctor Oak said:
I have that demo. ^^

You can have it until you get the full game if you want, easier than going on a bus down to Forestside. :wink:

Damn right it would be easier. Translink all but killed the services to Forestside my road. Now they only run 6 times a day.

Nah, I'm fine for the moment. I still have 16-18 stars left in SM64DS.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I just want my DS to turn up! Lik-Sang claimed they were getting it on May 1st... but then there was a week of public holidays in Japan. Now I'm at the stage of checking their site twice a day to see if it's in yet *hyperventilates*.

Project Rub and XX/XY both disturb me immensely. I can't explain why. Richard is very confused, he thought I'd like a game that involves undressing women ;).

Did any of you play Incredible Crisis? There was a "back rub" minigame in that which reminds me of this...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
baratron said:
I just want my DS to turn up! Lik-Sang claimed they were getting it on May 1st... but then there was a week of public holidays in Japan. Now I'm at the stage of checking their site twice a day to see if it's in yet *hyperventilates*.

Project Rub and XX/XY both disturb me immensely. I can't explain why. Richard is very confused, he thought I'd like a game that involves undressing women ;).

Did any of you play Incredible Crisis? There was a "back rub" minigame in that which reminds me of this...

There's no game in that that involves you undressing women. ^^

Although you can unlock the option to have the girl go nude but she's just a shadow - so it's not as if there's anything to see anyway, lol.

There's a game where you have to unbutton her dress, but that's only so she can dry it. (I love the way they nearly die, and the guy's reaction is "The girl is soaked!")

I heard a rumour about that nude thing though, sounded a bit weird. Not quite as weird as what I unlocked when I put in my Sonic Advance cartridge...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Weird Sonic Hat, yeah. Got it too. ^^, lol.

Havn't managed to unlock any other clothes though... Might have to finish the game first.

Doctor Oak said:
Weird Sonic Hat, yeah. Got it too. ^^, lol.

Havn't managed to unlock any other clothes though... Might have to finish the game first.

To unlock new clothes, you need to find a rabbit during the mini-cutscenes before a game. Press the stylus somewhere significant looking, usually you'll get something.

The benefits of reading the instruction book! And people think I'm crazy for doing that.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Chibi_Tai said:
The benefits of reading the instruction book! And people think I'm crazy for doing that.

Heehee! :D Actually, I've found quite a few games where I haven't been able to work out AT ALL how to do something until I've read the instruction book. Figuring out how to always throw the correct colour Pikmin was one, um... and something fairly trivial in The Ocarina of Time (can't remember what it was, but not knowing how to do it made the game almost unplayable).

My Lik-Sang Order Status page says Order shipped (May 12, 2005 15:11:37). I just bet Parcelforce get it and then do the thing where they send me a letter to tell me they've got something that needs customs fees paying rather than just turning up with it. It's so annoying - they have my phone number, they could just ring me...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I used to read the instruction books... until I realised they were 99% of the time a waste of good words and all that I needed to know could be learnt from the wonder that is the 'Controls' Screen. ^^

And Parcelforce is evil. You have no idea the amount of stories I heard about them from the other 2999 NOE DS VIPs, though I had no problems myself. I mean, one person had his DS package THROWN over a fence into his back garden because he wasn't home...

Jesus.

Doctor Oak said:
I used to read the instruction books... until I realised they were 99% of the time a waste of good words and all that I needed to know could be learnt from the wonder that is the 'Controls' Screen. ^^

And Parcelforce is evil. You have no idea the amount of stories I heard about them from the other 2999 NOE DS VIPs, though I had no problems myself. I mean, one person had his DS package THROWN over a fence into his back garden because he wasn't home...

Jesus.

I had a similar experience (can't tell if it was with Royal Mail or ParcelForce) where I ordered a SNES game off Ebay, and they left it at the corner of my doorstep.

Now this wouldn't have been so bad, if my whole family wasn't shortsighted. None of us noticed until 7pm, when my friend knocked on the door and said "This was outside your house." And it had been raining since 4pm!

(It's a testament to Nintendo and the Ebayer that the cartridge was barely damp and still worked).

Doctor Oak said:
Lol.

And thanks for the tip Daniel. Punk dude is DEAD. ^^

Chibi Tai's "mad skillz" come to the fore again! Well, they never were in the fore in the first place. But it doesn't matter, because I ROCK.

Now you have one last scene to go! Then you can weep yourself to sleep in Hard Mode.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Oh, I did that scene right after it. Failed it once, not quite figuring out what the hell was happening but on the second try it was a breeze.

All that time playing Donkey Konga and the Mike Games in WWT really came in handy in that last scene. ^^