• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Project Rebirth (Discussion)

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
In the year 21XX a covert organisation funded and run by the US government created a taskforce of highly trained successful assassins who were used to carry out whatever they were tasked with. The scientists at the organisation worked tirelessly with engineers to create an incredible device. This device would allow them to take a full grown adult human and regress their body into an adolescent or teenage state while keeping there mind untouched. A side effect that would only be discovered after its first use is that it granted unique powers to the subject as well as ending the aging process all together. Colonel Farborne, the man who was currently in charge of the assassin taskforce choose 7 of his best soldiers and volunteered them up for the program telling them it would make them greater assassin's.

You are an adult assassin chosen to be put through this procedure because you are one of the best in the business. This roleplay will re solve around a plot that involves a terrorist organisation attacking the base of the agency and killing everyone while the 7 assassins are still in the machine and it will have out characters hunt down those responsible.

Rules:
- Normal Pokecharms rules
- only one power (not too op)
- Everyone will become 18
- only one weapon unless Dual wield of same weapon
- keep it PG not too graphic or vulgar
- In most instances our characters will refer to each other by their codename.
- Also please don't base codename off of your power as the codenamed were given long before the procedure.

Full Name:
Codename (Single word codenames, I.e. Wolf, Bond, Whiskey, Tennessee):
Actual Age:
Appearance (just do appearance as teen as that's when we'll start):
Personality:
Weapon of choice:
Power:
Relationships:
Other:

My Character
Full Name: Damon St. John
Codename: Joker
Actual Age: 35
Appearance: As a teen Damon was in good health. He stood at an impressive 6'4" and was athletically built with just the right amount of muscle while still being relatively thin. He has silvery blond hair that is always messy and pale green eyes. He wears a pair of casual grey trousers, black trainers and a blue hoodie. He also wears a pair of finger less black gloves as well as his Xiphoid Blade on his right wrist hidden by his sleeve. After the manifestation of his power he discovered his body was covered from the neck down in tattoos of different varieties from symbols to animals to words.
279660_mCDTDTaK.png
Personality: Damon is relatively upbeat and cheerful at most times with his fair share of serious moments. He likes to take care of those younger than him and feels bad when people feel uncomfortable. He likes to sing and is fairly talented with a guitar. His personality is still pretty goofy even when he is on a mission to the point where he often strikes up a conversation with his target or the odd guard this is actually what makes him one if the best cause he puts them at ease dropping their guard before he kills them before they realise what happened.
Weapon of Choice: Xiphoid Blade (A concealable weapon that is composed of a narrow blade set into a channel on the underside of a bracer or gauntlet. Controlled by a spring-loaded mechanism, the blade can spontaneously extend and retract from its position) - Damon's weapon has a crimson coloured steel blade and the leather for his bracer is dyed black.
Power: Empowered Tattoos - The tattoos on his body allow for certain things to happen, animal tattoos can be summoned as they come off from his body and take a physical inky form, the symbol based tattoos grant him abilities such as speed or strength. The final tattoo type is more of a drawback, everytime he kills someone. The persons name becomes tattooed on his body if he kills too many then other tattoos will begin to be replaced by names restricting the amount of powers he can utilise.
Relstionships:
Other:

Team Rebirth:
1. Joker (Damon St. John)
2. Wildcard (Lance Morris)
3. Rain (Mint Blaun)
4. Fox (Alexia Case)
5. Concept (Alcander Aetos)
6. Whippersnapper (Diana Von Kaid)
7. Kevlar (Daran Kuda)

As our characters will have been on the same taskforce for many years prior to the rp I highly encourage setting up history or relationships and friendships among our characters.

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Well, I got the bio done. I understand if his primary weapon is a bit much - I gave it weaknesses such as needing to be charged, being heavy and large, etc., though I'm not sure if that balanced it out.

Edit: Added clothes to the appearance section.

Full Name: Lance Morris

Codename: Wildcard

Actual Age: 49

Appearance: In his youth, Lance was just about the average dude. Chocolate-brown hair, ocean-blue eyes, caucasian skin and freckles. He stood at about 6'2ft tall, with a semi-muscular, yet still mostly average body. Lance often had scars that he hid underneath his clothes that he got from getting into fights with strangers. Lance didn't really care much about who he got into a fight with or over what - he just loved the thrill of it and the rush of adrenaline it gave him. Thus, his body was already all bruised up, even before he got into the assassin business. For clothing, Lance typically wears a dark-brown sweater under a black, thick jacket that has a white-fur collar, many buttons, many pockets both inside and outside and a zipper to boot. For legwear, he wears jeans, socks and combat boots matching to his jacket.

Personality: Lance is a jack-of-all-trades sort of guy when it comes to being an assassin - he can adapt to staying back and sniping his targets, or just break through the front entrance, guns blazing. His codename was thus given to him from being unpredictable when it came to his battle strategies. However, despite (and partially due) to this unpredictability, he can pair pretty well with any allies send with him on a job. Outside of his battle strategy, Lance can act serious and focused when he needs to, but generally is a relaxed, optimistic fellow who often seems too cheery or relaxed depending on the current situation.

Weapon of Choice: A modernized M1903 Springfield bolt-action rifle, polished and customized with a mid-range scope and a laser core that allows it to fire silent, recoil-less laser bullets. The downside is that it needs to be reloaded (albeit the reload is silent, too) via the bolt after every shot, isn't as armour-piercing as other sniper rifles and, like all (if not most) sniper rifles, requires the user to take cover and/or re-position after firing. This gun is actually a family heirloom of the Morris family, being an original M1903 from way back when. The Morris family has always had at least one member in the assassin business, with this gun always being customized to fit with the current era and being equipped by the current Morris family member. Lance's father passed it down to him after retiring, and Lance took it with pride, having it customized to fit with his era and carrying it into battle with confidence and motivation.

Power: Swap - This ability allows Lance to swap either his location with someone else's, or the location of an object with something he is holding by staring at the target and shouting 'Swap!'. Although this ability has a far range, it is limited and Lance cannot swap things that are out of its range.

Relationships:
I can see him being on good terms with Diana, having possibly worked with her a few times before. Heck, she might even be old enough to have worked with his father back in her prime.

Him and Daran could also be on good terms since they're close to the same age, and thus could have worked together at least once.

Lance would be alright with Damon, seeing as how their personalities are kind of similar. (Also Lance approving of the way Damon acts during battle)

Although Lance and Alcander's interests and battle strategies are the complete opposite, he'd understand why Alcander does it. Due to being so unpredictable, Lance isn't exactly opposed to having some strategy every now and again, though.

Lance can appreciate a fellow sniper such as Mint being on the team, just as well as he can appreciate Alexia's snarky attitude. There's not always a need to be serious and annoying comrades with his trumpeting IS one of his favourite pastimes.

Other: In his off-time, Lance likes to annoy people by playing the trumpet while following them around, but sometimes you can catch him playing some nice tunes on a saxophone.

Last edited:
Hmmm I've got a couple power ideas and I'm not sure with which one to go with

1. Density control/size shifting on self

2. Weapon limbs. Would be able to transform parts or whole limbs into different weapons, but the character would need to know how that weapon works before being able to use it through their powers. Not too sure on this one tbh. Might wanna go with something a bit more unconventional or not obvious (not sure if that's the right word, but hopefully you get what I mean)

3. Phase through stuff. Would probably need some pretty heavy set back not to be too OP, but I don't wanna make it just a copy of Mirio Togata's power from MHA..

Full Name: Mint Blaun
Codename: Rain
Actual Age: 30
Appearance: Teen Rain is a short and pale girl with disheveled shoulder-length black hair and black deadpan eyes oftenly compared to that of a dead fish. She's expresionless most of the time and the only expression she can shows that doesn't seems unnatural is confusion. Her codename comes from the black raincoat she usually wears during a mission, which is actually a high-tech camouflage cloak.

Personality: Rain's ability to understand emotion is lacking to say the least but she's pretty open about that. Despite that, she's a highly effective assassin as long as she's not required to mingle with her target so she specialized herself as sniper and hacker. She's stoic and aloof but she's not above occasionally trying to deliver jokes or acts goofy.

Weapon of choice: A sniper rifle, which she affectionately named Kingslayer even though she never kill any king with the weapon.

Power: Living Battery (Rain can generate, store and absorb electricity.)

Relationships: later

Other:
  • She has eight kittens as pets
  • Collect trading cards
  • Likes to drink melon soda with high dose of caffeine

Last edited:
Full Name: Alcander Aetos
Codename: Concept
Actual Age: 34
Appearance: Tall and lanky, with a lean muscle hidden under his clothes. Medium length blond hair that's often tied into a short ponytail, blue eyes that betray a sense of boredom. Concept wears capes and cloaks, often black or grey, preferring to wear the hood up whenever possible. Scars litter his body from when Concept first learned to harness his powers.
Personality: Quiet and calculating; Concept is a masterful chess player and general tactician, who spends much of his time reading and learning about whatever he can. Particularly interested in philosophy and ethics, Concept isn't above reading and reciting new knowledge even in the middle of a fight -- depending on how endangered he feels.
Weapon of choice: Some kind of gun
Power: Space/Time Transportation. Capable of accessing pocket dimensions and transporting objects to and from those dimensions. Concept mostly uses the power on himself, as concentrating his power on a point of origin further away from him takes up about 10x more energy than simply transporting himself. Concept can use his ability to seemingly teleport or phase through objects, moving from one place to another incredibly quickly, even across large distances.
Relationships: N/A yet
Other: Lover of Jazz music, Film and Literature enthusiast, Sports fan (basketball + baseball specifically), Has a pet black+white cat named Camus

(I'll admit that my power is basically Kamui from Shippuden, but got damn Kamui's cool. And I was prob gonna do Nightcrawler-style teleportation if I did anything else lol)

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I probably should have stated no particularly scifi style weapons but even ignoring that I'm just not comfortable allowing a weapon that is basically a secondary power

Actually found another power that I ended up going with lmao

Full Name: Alexia Case
Codename: Fox
Actual Age: 29

Appearance: As a teen Alexia was already quite athletic, sporting a lean build with some muscle definition, due to practicing gymnastics in her youth. She has a fair complexion despite being outside a lot, but has quite a number of freckles sprinkled all around her, which only multiply when being outside in the sun. She has ginger, almost bright orange (the source of her codename) hair that when worn open it reaches about halfway on her back. On missions or doing physical activities though, Alexia put's it up on a ponytail or if she has more time, wears her hair in a braid. She has deep violet colored eyes, greek nose and now a small gap between her teeth as she got it fixed later in life.

Casually Alexia likes wearing trendy clothing often including skirts, sweaters/long-sleeved shirts alike, but switches into something marginally more practical when on missions. Her mission outfit consists of quite casual, but practical clothing it being: a pair of fingerless gloves, a light colored long-sleeved shirt with a dark blue vest that has a multitude of pockets and places to store her throwing knives in. For legwear she has black cargo pants with a belt specifically made to store the majority of her knives and to top it off, utility shoes. Also she has pierced years, but want's to get more, as in her older body she had a multitude of piercings. Mainly in her ears, but also one on her lip.

Personality: Alexia is generally quite snarky and sarcastic, delivering jokes and quips on the regular. She can be a bit difficult to deal with when doing teamwork, as she is very spontaneous and doesn't think much for the long run or in a larger scale. She usually works in the field of the mission in with all the main action, as she can be surprisingly stealthy, but also quite the charmer and actress when doing more 'undercover style' missions. Due to being the youngest in the group she often feels like she has to 'prove' and heavily dislikes it when someone's babying her and this is one of the bigger reasons she can be difficult to work with

IMG_20210721_164907.jpg
made using this

Weapon of choice: (throwing) Knives

Power:
Self Liquification. The user has the ability to transform themselves or parts of them into a water-like liquid and back.

Relationships:
Diana - Alexia idolizes her, especially with the stuff when Diana was in her prime and she's actually one of the few if not the only one that Alexia will take orders from with little to no questions

Lance - not sure I can see her calling him an "old man" before this whole procedure, but is able to work relatively well with him

Damon - I can see them working relatively well, but dislikes when he'd comment anything about her or show concern etc. (anything she'd see as babying) and thus feels like she needs to prove him the most, which then could lead to quite a lot of bickering among them

Mint - I think indifferent. Would probably be the most casual around since she probably feel the most relaxed about 'proving herself' since the similar ages

Alecander - Alexia is teamwork capable, but they have very different styles, which usually leads to miscommunication, and straying from the original plan (at least on Alexia's part)

Daran - yet another "old man". Though, Alexia can respect the strong will power, but she will take advantage of the "stronk idiot" and throw jokes and playful jabs at him. Surprisingly I think Daran is someone who Alexia doesn't feel strongly about proving herself to him and is quite casual otherwise.
Will do later
Other: N/A

Last edited:
I probably should have stated no particularly scifi style weapons but even ignoring that I'm just not comfortable allowing a weapon that is basically a secondary power

gotcha. i'm prob gonna go with an old-school revolver or something. i assumed sci-fi weapons would fly cuz it's 21-whenever. but it's also really funny to have someone using an old police .32 in the future lol

Are we going with realistic setting then? Except the existence of the shrinking tech of course. Should I remove Rain's camouflaging raincoat too? It gives her temporary invisibility because I thought we're doing scifi.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ok let me be more precise here what I mean is no scifi things that cause damage similar to having a second power. A basic laser gun the just shoots a bullet like laser is fine, Invisibility tech is fine as long as it requires some kind of cool down. The flamethrower and what ever the other weapon was were not allowed cause of their destructive nature.

Alright, here comes granny

Full Name: Diana Von Kaid
Codename: Whippersnapper
Actual Age: 95
Appearance: Diana has long, straight black hair that reaches halfway down her back. She's rather lean, and much stronger/tougher than she looks. She was practically raised to be an assassin as a child, and her strength comes from various combat trainings she had. Diana has dark brown eyes. She tends to enjoy dressing in black, and now that she is a child will no doubt always be wearing the sunglasses she wore when she was in her prime. She'll be starting off in her black jacket and jeans, wearing simple tennis shoes.
Personality: Basically an old granny personality. Very kind and caring, but now it's gonna be mixed with some teenage attitude. Diana always tried to be one to outthink her opponents, preferring traps or the element of surprise rather than open confrontation. She'll probably fall back into her old habit of being a flirt.
Weapon of choice: Literally anything she can get her hands on, but she'll probably start with a silenced handgun.
Power: Has the ability to conjure black tendrils of energy, to use as whips, grabbing things, or moving around.
Relationships: I dunno, probably worked with Wildcard the most since he was the second oldest.
Other: Was one of the first members of the task force, but was quickly forced into retirement. She would occasionally work with the team in minor ways, but in her younger days she was an excellent assassin.

hmmm
looking through all of these I can definitively see Alexia idolizing Diana, especially with the stuff when Diana was in her prime and she's actually one of the few if not the only one that Alexia will take orders from with little to no questions

Lance - not sure I can see her calling him an "old man" before this whole procedure, but is able to work relatively well with him

Damon - I can see them working relatively well, but dislikes when he'd comment anything about her or show concern etc. (anything she'd see as babying) and thus feels like she needs to prove him the most, which then could lead to quite a lot of bickering among them

Mint - I think indifferent. Would probably be the most casual around since she probably feel the most relaxed about 'proving herself' since the similar ages

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Full Name: Daran Kuda
Codename: Kevlar
Actual Age: 42
Appearance: Tall and muscular both as an adult and teen, Daran can be rather menacing. While he was bald as an adult, his black and straight hair grew back in the aging process, and he became a bit paler. He has a getup similar to a boxer, wearing black shorts, a white undershirt, and white sneakers. He's...not the sneaky type.
Personality: You might think Kevlar was named for his power, and you'd be forgiven. In actuality, he's named after his personality. Daran is a man of willpower, never letting anything keep him down and always bouncing back up, which works well with his excitable, adrenaline junkie attitude. Despite being an assassin, he's rather loud and friendly, with a habit of greeting who he perceives as friends with a strong slap on the back, regardless of size. Sure, he kinda has the whole "Stronk idiot" thing going on, but Daran's not completely stupid. Probably.
Weapon of choice: His body 8)
Power: Kinetic Strength-Daran can absorb kinetic energy to increase his strength and durability. This includes attacks from opponents or simply moving, though this'll power him up at a much slower pace. He can even release some of it during attacks to make it extra devastating. This does mean he'll have to build it back up though. While he can be a great threat up close and can tank with the best of them, he's not invincible. Not to mention long ranged opponents are a pain.
Relationships: Acts friendly with his crew, regardless about if they interacted much.
Other: Daran wanted to be a police officer when he was young

Hope this works!

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
@EnviousWorm, @Gamingfan, @Captain Cardboard, @Spoiled Bread @DevVoid if you guys could do something similar to @IDKWhatUserNameToDo and post something about how your character feels about each other character. @IDKWhatUserNameToDo could you add something about Kevlar possibly.

Furthermore @DevVoid I need you to change the flamethrower, it's up to you what you change it two but after consideration I've decided to not allow it particularly as I rejected someone else's weapon.

Edit: Here's my thoughts,
Damon views Diana as an important teaching role in his life, being trained with her missions as examples. He thinks highly of her, and is rather casual when speaking to her.

Damon thinks Daran is pretty great in all honesty and tends to have a good time around the guy despite the medium age difference.

Alcander and Lance are people Damon is generally unaware of having not had too many interactions.

Damon likes to look out for both Mint and Alexia despite them not being too much younger than himself. He is constantly at odds with Alexia about something or other, often teasing her about things.

Last edited:

DevVoid

@EnviousWorm, @Gamingfan, @Captain Cardboard, @Spoiled Bread @DevVoid if you guys could do something similar to @IDKWhatUserNameToDo and post something about how your character feels about each other character. @IDKWhatUserNameToDo could you add something about Kevlar possibly.

Furthermore @DevVoid I need you to change the flamethrower, it's up to you what you change it two but after consideration I've decided to not allow it particularly as I rejected someone else's weapon.

Edit: Here's my thoughts,
Damon views Diana as an important teaching role in his life, being trained with her missions as examples. He thinks highly of her, and is rather casual when speaking to her.

Damon thinks Daran is pretty great in all honesty and tends to have a good time around the guy despite the medium age difference.

Alcander and Lance are people Damon is generally unaware of having not had too many interactions.

Damon likes to look out for both Mint and Alexia despite them not being too much younger than himself. He is constantly at odds with Alexia about something or other, often teasing her about things.

Yeah, I've changed it into a less destructive weapon. I added lasers to it since you said it was fine, but I'll understand if it needs changing, too.
As for what Lance thinks of everyone else?

I can see him being on good terms with Diana, having possibly worked with her a few times before. Heck, she might even be old enough to have worked with his father back in her prime.

Him and Daran could also be on good terms since they're close to the same age, and thus could have worked together at least once.

Lance would be alright with Damon, seeing as how their personalities are kind of similar. (Also Lance approving of the way Damon acts during battle)

Although Lance and Alcander's interests and battle strategies are the complete opposite, he'd understand why Alcander does it. Due to being so unpredictable, Lance isn't exactly opposed to having some strategy every now and again, though.

Lance can appreciate a fellow sniper such as Mint being on the team, just as well as he can appreciate Alexia's snarky attitude. There's not always a need to be serious and annoying comrades with his trumpeting IS one of his favourite pastimes.

Last edited:

DevVoid

Oh, a thing I forgot to mention with Lance's new weapon: By reloading, I meant pulling the bolt back to 'reload' a new shot. Not by swapping out the laser core or exchanging batteries to power it. That one doesn't need renewal, so the rifle can be fired infinitely without an actual ammo/battery swap, albeit only one shot at a time can be fired before the bolt needs to be pulled back again. Of course, this 'infinite' ammo is also at the cost of not being as effective as an actual armor-piercing, heavy caliber sniper round. It's still good as the average rifle, but not as good as actual sniper rounds.

Last edited:
Mint's thought about the other

Diana: "Wise old lady. Observe and learn."

Lance: "Reliable ally with obnoxious trumphet. Clog it with some glues."

Daran: "Annoying loud brute. Avoid his back slap at all cost."

Damon: "Good well-rounded ally. Not much to say."

Alcander: "Too pretentious. Pet the cat."

Alexia: "Unstable hormone. Handle with caution."

Alcander (Concept) Relationships:

Joker -> Concept appreciates Joker's cheery disposition. Probably likes to listen to him play guitar whenever possible.

Wildcard -> Philosophically opposite to Concept, Alcander actually quite appreciates Wildcard's existence: "every grand strategy needs a wildcard"

Rain -> Concept knows Rain isn't crazy about him, generally leaves her alone; he knows he has a cat-sitter available if he ever needs one.

Whippersnapper -> Concept likes to invite Whippersnapper over for tea, to play chess and listen to jazz.

Kevlar -> Alcander doesn't interact with Kevlar much, but Concept definitely appreciates Kevlar's willpower, and realizing the "big strong dumb man" isn't as dumb as he seems.

Fox -> Not crazy about Fox's spontaneous nature. Alcander doesn't like when his plans are blown up on a person's whims. He's certainly tried to organize his strategies in part around Fox's unpredictability.