• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Professional Pokémon Battling Leauge

Dear reader, this letter is to inform you of the startup of The Professional Pokémon Battling Circuit, owned and operated by the Aether Foundation’s Chief Operating Officer Damien King. If you are reading this that means you are viewed as an elite trainer and are hereby being offered a contract. Should you choose to accept please fill out the following information. Once completed please report to the Aether Dome located in the Alola region. With regards, Damien King Aether Foundation COO

Rules ( yeah yeah I know it sucks)
Basic rping guidelines, might want to read those if you haven’t.
No Mary Sues/ Gary Stues.
Up to six Pokémon that you may switch out as long as you make it known
No legendaries or mega evolutions
Shinies are allowed but one per trainer
Put forth effort in rping. At least a paragraph and make it readable
Crushes and relationships are allowed, just don’t emulate 50 Shades of Gray
You may battle trainers that show up in games or in the show or in the manga
Must be active

Contract ( Fill this out)
Name
Appearance
Personality
Backstory
Pokémon
Home region
Theme Song
Desired Sponsor( Just make up a company that sponsors your character)

Hmm.. I’ll give this RP a try

Name: Elvira Cana
Appearance: Medium-length brown hair with her trademark silver hat shaped like a sports visor. She owns a pair of blue eyes and light skin, with a scar running across her left cheek. She sports a plain, white tank top with aqua-colored shorts that sit just above her knees. A black scarf made from her destroyed vest is tied on the top of her right arm.
Personality: Elvira is mostly sarcastic, laid-back, and somewhat short-tempered. Her roleplayer is pretty terrible at describing personalities, so enjoy this once sentence of personality.
Backstory: While was trying to collect gym badges like a normal trainer, Team Plasma suddenly got the upper hand in Unova. Because the government was in the desperate need of decent trainers, they sent a few kids along with Elvira to wipe out a good chunk of their forces. It was Elvira that had the highest battle count. After the Team Plasma drama was over, Elvira went back to training her Pokémon and collecting gym badges. She was even considering facing the Elite Four, until her goals were halted by something...
Pokémon: Ebisu (Female Samurott), Jurojin (Male Stoutland), Benzaiten (Swoobat), Hotei (Darmanitan), Daikokuten (Krookodile), Bishamonten (Zebstrika)
Home region: Unova
Theme Song: The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field (From Touhou Fūjinroku ~ Mountain of Faith)
Desired Sponsor: PokéBites, the best nutrition for your Pokemon. Basically a Pokemon food company.

Last edited:
Sorry for the long post, mainly took it from my mainstream bio. Feel free to let me know if anything concerns you!

Name
:
Nick Walls
Appearance:
Hair:
Brown hair that is cut short, mainly to make sure it doesn't get in the way.
Eyes:
Blue eyes. They always look a bit dark and baggy underneath, but Nick is full of energy!
Clothing:
Usually sticks to a tight, light and black short sleeve shirt. Perfect for maneuverability. Pairs this with some baggy, tan hiking pants that sports many pockets, as well as some flexible, black hiking boots. Also wears black, fingerless gloves to reduce blisters from working his hands too much. Completes his look with a black baseball cap that has a Pokeball patch on the front. After taking one look at him, one can tell that Nick favors a simple, but practical, style.
Identifying Marks:
Has a notable scar running up his left arm. Nick was left with it after an attack from a distraught Bronzong threw him into a jagged rock with its psychic attack, cutting him deeply.
Musculature:
Nick was already born with a large frame, but his constant work alongside his father has also developed a good amount of muscle onto his body. Couple that with a dangerous appetite for proteins, and you got a body that can pack a punch.
Personality:
As a man who was raised to value every opportunity, Nick shows an impressive amount of determination. Not matter what job he takes, he makes sure to fulfill it to the best of his abilities. As such, Nick may display annoyance or even anger towards those who don't seem to take things seriously when they should be. But that doesn't also mean he can't relax. In fact, those who know him comment frequently on his ability to sleep for long periods of time, a byproduct of the hard work.

Nick is also not the brightest, but he makes up for it with heart. If there is an obstacle that he can't think through, he might decide to solve it with brute force. He loves to make friends and is extremely loyal to those who treat him well. In fact, he just wants to make sure everyone is treated well, and may try to do what he can to help anyone in need, even if it hurts him. He shines best when with others who can cover his weaknesses, such as being too trusting and willing to throw himself into dangerous situations.

Backstory:
Born as an only child in Oreburgh City, Nick has spent most of his life learning the art of coal-mining with his family. He enjoyed knowing that other people benefited from his hard work, and was blessed to have loving parents. When he became of age to do so, Nick's parents told him that he should at least gain a basic education so that he could learn to co-exist alongside Pokemon, so he did. Nick wasn't pleased with it, but knew that it would be necessary to continue on the family business.

In his teenage years, Nick's mother was killed in a workplace accident. One of the machines had gone haywire from improper maintenance, and it unfortunately took her life as a result. Both Nick and his father spent a week to grieve, but agreed to not let the incident ruin their relationships with others. Nick was always told by his parents that things like this simply happen in the world, whether one like it or not. The best way to deal with them is to accept the possibly and adapt when it happens. He knew she loved them and would hate to see her family fall apart from the tragedy.

Shortly after, Nick encountered a distressed Bronzong, clearly upset that the mining was affecting its home and its family. He tried to reach out for it, but the Pokemon misunderstood the gesture for an attack, and responded in kind. With a deep wound across his left arm, Nick refused to back down, and offered the Pokemon food while he waited for help. They ate together until Nick passed out from blood loss, and the Bronzong used its psychic abilities to carry him to help. After recovering at the nearby clinic, Nick went back to the spot, and noticed it was blocked by various signs, preventing further mining into the Pokemon's home. Before he left, he noticed the same Bronzong appear, with a lone Bronzor at its side. The Bronzor shyly approached the teen, and the two bonded. With the approval of parents from both sides, Nick became the Bronzor's trainer.

Now an adult, Nick has decided to participate in the Battling Circuit, willing to show the world the full capabilities of Steel-type Pokemon! With his trusted partner, now a Bronzong, and his main team, he hopes to put on quite the show. One thing's for certain, is that win or lose, Nick will have the time of his life.

Pokémon:
Bronzong, Bastiodon, Lucario, Magnezone, Scizor, Empoleon
Home region: Sinnoh
Theme Song:

Desired Sponsor:
Full Coal Mining Co. (The mining company that both he and his parents worked at. They love to support Nick!)

Name: Karma Skyscale {Adusk}

Appearance: He is 6"0' Height, He has Red medium-long hair, pale skin and Silver eyes. He usually wears white hoodie with his Sponsor mark, black shirt, Blue jeans also with his Sponsor mark and red trousers.

Personality:
Karma- Karma is a calm and smart, he don't really like new meet people but he's getting used to others really quick and he is always protective and nice for his friends.
Adusk- <Karma second Personality> Adusk is explosive, mean and aggressive toward almost everyone. He really likes Pokemon battles and he is far stronger than Karma. When Adusk appears, Karma's eyes change color from silver to purple.

Backstory: Karma worked once in laboratory with Prof. Sekho, they were analysing Aura of Totem Pokemons from Alola. Something went wrong and when Karma was in laboratory the container with Mysterius Aura exploded and Adusk was born. Becouse he was one of the strongest trainers in Sinnoh, he was often helping police with fighting against Evil Teams. There is a Rumor that Adusk is stronger than Karma becouse his pokemons
emanate with the same Aura as Totem Pokemons.

Pokemon: Froslass, Milotic, Infernape, Hydreigon, Sceptile, Archeops.

Home region: Born in Johto, but he lived most of his life in Sinnoh.

Theme Song:
Karma-(Touhou True Administrator) .
Adusk-(Exitium)
Desired Sponsor: White Necrozma* High-Tech Company [White Ultra Necrozma Mark]

Last edited:
(Oh hey, another Touhou fan?)

Elvira is going to be pretty surprised when she sees Ghetsis with her own eyes, since she believes that she killed the leader of Team Plasma (On accident).

Name: Marine Knight Gyarados (Shiori Fujimoto)
Appearance: Shiori has long, black, scruffy hair that comes about halfway down his back. He usually keeps it in a ponytail. He wears just normal clothes, jeans and a t-shirt. Shiori has blue eyes, but usually wears sunglasses. Due to just being in an action film, he is a little muscular.

However, Shiori will dress up as his character, Marine Knight Gyarados, for when he battles. As Marine Knight Gyarados, Shiori lets his hair out of the ponytail. He also wears a mask over his mouth that looks like a Gyarados mouth. His eyes have some dark makeup around them, giving them a much more intense look. Shiori also wears blue armor, specifically a chestplate with shoulders and leg greaves. Also has blue gloves that looks like it has fins coming out of them. Finally, to complete the look, Shiori carries an extendable trident. Its just a prop, though.
Personality: Shiori has a very dramatic, eccentric, and well... A bit goofy personality. He tries to act in a "heroic" fashion quite a bit, but is also quite relaxed and easygoing. As Marine Knight Gyarados however, he's a bit more intense.
Backstory: Shiori was born and raised in Vermillion City. His family were fishermen, and didn't have much money. As a kid, Shiori loved anime heroes. It was his dream to become a hero. Shiori was also a big fan of Pokemon battles. One day, he decided to go off into the world to seek his fortune. He tried Pokemon Battling, but it seemed that no matter how hard he tried he kept getting beaten. His confidence shot and barely scraping by, Shiori suddenly got an idea. He dressed in costume so that his opponents wouldn't see his face. This made battling a bit easier for him. Going under the name Karpman and entering a few tournaments, Shiori began to lose less, but still was having trouble.

After one tournament, however, his luck suddenly changed. A movie director named Jean Pierre noticed Shiori's flair for the dramatics and asked him to play a part in one of his films, "Space Invaders". Shiori played a small part, but was still a fan favorite. Seeing that Shiori could handle himself on the movie scene, Jean Pierre cast him in his next movie, "Knights of the Dragonic Order". It was a movie about a group of heroes with powers similar to that of various Dragon types. Shiori played the main character, Marine Knight Gyarados, and the whole movie was considered a hit.

Although Shiori was now doing good on the movie scene, he still wanted to be good at battling. So he worked hard and trained hard, using his new wealth to his advantage.
Pokémon: Raza the Zoroark, Gyarados, Titan the Magikarp, C.K. the Braviary, Looper the Quagsire, Talia the Milotic
Home region: Kanto, but currently lives in Unova
Theme Song: Never say Never- Manuel
Desired Sponsor: Super NRG Soda

Last edited:

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
I saw this and knew I had to try this style of RPing, I love what you did with the contract and stuff.
Name: Gavin
Appearance: Red t-shirt, black stripes up the middle and to the ends of the sleeves, messy black hair, brown eyes, grey and black gym shorts, red Running Shoes, a Z-Ring, and a black satchel.
Personality: Always excited about something, very upbeat
Backstory: He lived in Hoenn, and lived there until now, this is his first time out of the Region, and thus he has entirely Hoenn Pokemon, but he still has a large interest in Alolan Pokemon, mainly Alolan Sandslash, and he wants one. When he got this contract, he dropped everything he was doing, signed it, and went straight to looking at everything there was to see about Alola.
Pokémon:
Blaziken/"Blazer
-Male
-Muscle Band
-Brave Bird/Blaze Kick/Blast Burn/High Jump Kick
Manectric/"Striker"
-Male
-Electricium Z
-Thunder Bolt/Flamethrower/Volt Switch/Double Team
Absol/"A.B"
-Female
-Focus Sash
-Night Slash/Fire Blast/Psycho Cut/Aerial Ace
Metagross/"Meta" *Shiny*
-Genderless
-Leftovers
-Meteor Mash/Hammer Arm/Psychic/Protect
Flygon/"Soar"
-Female
-Flyinium Z
-Earthquake/Stone Edge/Fly/Draco Meteor
Banette/"Puppet"
-Male
-Ghostium Z
-Shadow Sneak/Shadow Claw/Dark Pulse/Night Slash
Home region: Hoenn
Theme Song: Starbound
Desired Sponsor: Devon Co. "The company for rising Trainers and their Pokemon."

To late to join in?

~Contract~
Name:
Josephine Summers
Appearance: Long ebony hair, usually tied back into a pony-tail, blue eyes, slightly tanned skin. She's an average young lady with the fashion sense of someone who goes for practical over trendy.
Personality: Usually calm and laid back, she tends to take things in stride and thinks things through before acting. It takes a lot to rile her up, as she rather help than hurt.
Backstory: It's long and complicated. Good old amnesia left her clueless to her past, but when she's given a hint about her former life she sets out to speak to the one and only Dragon Tamer. Only to find out there's actually a clan of them and he leaves her with more questions than answers. Giving up on her past life she turns to the future, trying to move on from her confusing life. Looks like she went and got all those badges and beat the elite four for nothing then.
Pokémon: (Species/Name/Type)

~Le Team~

Typhlosion/Reese/Fire
Ampheros/Baily/Electric
Togetic/Ace/Flying
Golem/Paula/Ground, Rock
Umbreon/Kimiko/Dark
Gyarados/Shi/Water, Flying

~Le Box~
Nidorino/ Arbok/ Flaffy/ Mareep/ Victoreebell/ Sandslash/ Ryhorn/ Dratini/ Swinub/ Growlith/

Home region: Johto
Theme Song: Walk Me Up When September Ends
Desired Sponsor: The Johto District Society Branch

Other: Yeah she comes from a universe without mega revolutions, primal forms, or z rings so this will be fun I think...
(I forget, have to edit, will the whole psychic connection to Pokemon/ being able to understand them be allowed in this?)

(Can I has two characters? Or nerp?)

Last edited:

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Ahh, the non-infinitized dimension, Ruby, Sapphire are the mains, I believe, but Red, Blue, and Yellow still count. Anyways, what is the order that we'll fight in?

Did only I didn't get any alerts... Can someone in short tell me how RP is going becouse I started to get lost in this.

Nothing much actually. The competitors learned their host has been hiring ex cons to fight them, but I think only the first battle's over, and now it's Gavin up against Giovanni. The players are all standing in a lounge room watching the fights through tv screens.

Name: Kent Limereck
Appearance: Kent sports unnaturally pale skin, with a similar color of hair that can be described as inhuman, reaching down to about his ears.. He usually wears a black and grey striped turtleneck, with baggy navy sweatpants and black shoes with white laces. His eyes are a somewhat amber color.
Personality: Kent is naturally morbid and cruel; A stark contrast to his eternally smiling, cheerful exterior. His mentionings of graphic and dark subject matter along with the happy facade he presents to others leads many to be understandably unsettled by him. He tends to deny that his smile is fake when questioned about it. He can't seem to get a grasp on human morality, such as wondering if it is moral to hurt or even kill a friend. He has great knowledge when it comes to medicine and the functions of the human body. He mainly loves Poison and Ghost type Pokemon.
Backstory: Kent was sent to a boarding school at a young age. Due to stigma surrounding him, he fled from the school and came across a large group of Ghost-type Pokemon which he quickly befriended. One day, after returning to his home town, he witnessed children beating an Inkay. He ordered a Shuppet, which he befriended, to set eternal curses on the children, before fleeing again and going to a new town, taking the Inkay with him.
Pokémon:
Stitches (M Banette)
Vexa (F Mismagius)
Cheshire (M Gengar)
Cthulu (Malamar)
Kai (M Arbok)
Wyrd (M Trevenant, Shiny)

Home region: Alola
Theme Song: Dance of Death - I am Setsuna
Desired Sponsor: The Alola Extensive Care Unit

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(I hope I’m doing this right, and hopefully I’m not too late)

Name: Otis Daisy Russell

Appearance: Otis is kinda tall, she has long, wavy brown hair, and she has hazel eyes. Otis wears blue glasses, a fluffy white sweater, blue jeans, red sneakers, and a pink backpack.

Personality: Otis is very kind, and she deeply cares about her pokemon. She can be a bit stubborn though.

Backstory: Otis lived with her mom, Lily, and her dad, Tim. She lived a pretty normal life, until her father went missing. Otis tried looking for her father everywhere, but never found him. She was very sad, and Lily tried to cheer her up by telling her that she should be a pokemon trainer, and that being one would take her mind off her father. Otis quickly agreed, and set off the next day. Soon Otis became a very talented pokemon trainer, and even the pokemon champion of her region.

Pokemon: Scolipede, Unfezant, Flygon, Ampharos, Serperior, Zoroark.

Home Region: The Unova Region

Theme Song : Save Me, by BTS

Sponsor : The Unova Pokemon Company (I couldn’t think of anything else)

(I hope this is all ok and im not too late..)
Name Everly
Appearance
Everly has extremely curly ginger hair that she has a hard time keeping in place. She is very pale, and small for her age (4'11). She has a lot of freckles and is childlike in appearance. Her usual attire consists of a long, dark orange tank top and light blue ripped jeans. She wears a gold ankle bracelet and tan slip on shoes. She also has a brown choker with an eye symbol in the middle of it. She also likes to wear her yellow hippie glasses.
Personality
She is a usually happy person with a big ego. She isnt afraid to tell it like it is, but she does her best to keep her friends and pokemon happy. Because she gets overly confident in her abilities, it sometimes gets her into trouble, especially when she thinks she can take on a much stronger opponent than herself.
Backstory She was born into a loving home with loving parents and grew up in Canalave City in the Sinnoh region. Nothing major has ever happened to her, and because she craves excitement and sometimes even danger, she set off on a pokemon journey.
Pokémon Abra, Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxio, Roselia, Rampardos
Home region Sinnoh
Theme Song Pretty Little Psycho- Porcelain Black
Desired Sponsor Pokesweets! - a bakery that makes sweets specifically for pokemon

Oof, I hope I can still join.

Name: Squash

Appearance: Squash has tan skin, and puffy, brown, curly hair. He wears a black pull-over most of the time you see him, and grey shorts. He also wears black sneakers and black socks. He has a small laptop bag where he stores his pokeballs, a notepad, a super rod, and some poke-food.

Personality: Squash is sort of a quiet kid, but doesn’t mind talking to others willingly. He loves all types of food, particularily squash, which is where is name comes from. He loves to draw, mostly of Pokémon, since he never obtained his own Pokedex. Squash can be very sensitive to others, and is not very trusting if someone makes him upset, though he never holds grudges. He also loves castellia cones.

Backstory: He was given an egg on his 10th birthday, which hatched into a a few days before his 11th. He started on his journey without a Pokedex, so he decided to draw the ones he came across. He was able to get to the semi-finals in the Hoenn League, then in the finals at the Johto League.

Pokemon (Natures are only for personalities, lol):
Gohan (M Togepi, Rash, Hustle)
Scratch (M Sceptile, Quiet, Overgrow)
Gum (F Goodra, Brave, Levitate)
Rica (F Quilava, Adamant, Blaze)
Enel (M Galvantula, Timid, Compundeyes)
Dice (M Corphish, Naughty, Hyper Cutter)

Box: Grub (M Munchlax), Dump (M Muk), Rookie (M Larvitar), Tank (Golurk, Shiny) Stark (F Noctowl)

Home Region: Hoenn
Theme Song: Above the Clouds (Kirby 64 lol)
Desired Sponsor: Frozen Castellia~ (castellia cone company)

do I have to be accepted? o-o

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I'm hoping it's not too late to join. Is there anything I need to know to jump in.
Names: Will and Aubrey Johnson
Genders: Male and Female
Appearance: Will has died blue hair that's down to his shoulders, and Aubrey has died red hair that's half way down her back, to promote their sponsor. Will wears a red leather jacket and his sister dons a blue vest. Will wears a blue t-shirt and Aubrey a red one. Aubrey's has a big plus on it while Will wears a minus. They both wear jeans and sneakers. They also both have a z ring on their arms from their latest tournaments
Personality: They are inseparable and are rarely seen apart, except when battling of course. They have had a hard time making friends because they can't find a better friend then their other half. They both think they're the best between the two and will defend that point when anybody asks. They really try to use their whole twin thing to their advantage, even finding a sponsor that had the mascot of a Plusle and Minun just to really drive home that fact.
Backstory: Twins (who would have guessed) who's parents died shortly after they left on their journey to become Pokemon trainers. In order to actually survive, they decided to start battling trainers on the street for big prize money. Eventually they became really good at battling and decided to take on a tournament. Aubrey got first and Will got second, so they took both of their prize money and went on to bigger and better tournaments where one of the prizes were two shiny Pokemon. Finally they ended up here because their battles were well known.
Pokémon: Will: Wott (Samurott), Blade (Gallade), Avi (Shiny Flygon), Ace (Staraptor), Mimi (Mimikyu), Bolt (Luxray).
Aubrey: Twiggey (Torterra), Bon Bon (Lopunny), Duke (Shiny Lycanroc), Steele (Togedemaru), Psi (Malamar), Grace (Alolan Ninetails).
They also have a Minun and Plusle respectively, but they are fresh out of their eggs and never battle. They just cheer from the sidelines.
Home region: Sinnoh
Theme Song: Will: Love theme (Mother 3) Aubrey: Spear of Justice (Undertale)
Desired Sponsor: Polarity Battery co.

Last edited:

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
(If there are any spots left, is it ok if I can join?)

Name: Villa Nasken

Appearance: Villa has black hair that's all messed up, and brown eyes.He wears a green hoodie with a purple t-shirt under it, jeans, black and white shoes, and a black backpack

Personality: Villa is always sleepy most of the time he's awake, but quickly goes away whenever he runs or something like that. He's also really nice to anyone he meets, pokemon or not

Backstory: ViIla was born in Johto, specifically New Bark Town, and has lived there his entire life. He had an older brother, now 15, who always acted like a "rival" to Villa. When Villa turned 11, he got a important job from the professor of the Johto region, professor Elm. He was told to get an egg from his friend and had to bring it back to Elm for an experiment. When Villa got the egg and brought it to Elm, Elm said Villa can keep the egg as a starter from himself and his friend as a gift for Villa's journey. A week later, the egg hatched into a little Aipom, which is now an Ambipom. Since then, Villa and Ambipom traveled to different regions and collected Gym Badges, Z-Crystals, and many types of pokemon throughout their journeys. It was when they traveled to Alola when they saw a poster on a tournament being held, so they decided to go there with some of his old pokemon that he used in his previous adventures. He has also tried challenging the Elite 4, once in a while, and sometimes succeeded. He won the Kanto/Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos region pokemon leagues.

Pokémon:
Feraligatr (Goji)
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Ice Fang

Ambipom (Handy)
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break
-Double Team
-Iron Tail

Beedrill (Barry)
-X-Sissor
-Poison Jab
-Drill Run
-Roost (Yes, it can learn it)

Honchkrow (Kubo)
-Fly
-Dark Pulse
-Steel Wing
-Thunder Wave

Breloom (Toad)
-Leech Seed
-Sky Uppercut
-Rock Slide
-Sludge Bomb

Mimikyu (Robbie)
-Thunderbolt
-Play Rough
-Shadow Claw
-Shadow Ball

Home Region: Johto
Theme Song (If we're talking battle theme): The World Revolving (Deltarune)
Theme song (If we're talking regular theme): Lancer's Theme (Deltarune)
Sponsor: Rage Candy Bar

Last edited: