• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Professional Battling League

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Scolipede, quickly dodge it!” Otis called out. Scolipede nodded, and swiftly moved out of the way. “Okay Scolipede, another VenoShock!” Scolipede glared at Gohan, and released the purple liquid.

Joe let out a breath, eyes wide. One more hit and Reese would have been out. The only reason he lasted as long as he did was thanks to their focus on his defenses. If not she doubted he would have made it past two strikes.

"Great job buddy," Joe walked up to the panting pokemon, a hand on her heart. He winced and staggered, clearly struggling.

"Of course! I never would have expected a bird type to..." she trailed off as she noticed Shiori's panicked look. "You ok?" she started until he spoke about the tournament.

"O-oh yeah..." she watched Shiori run around before racing off.

"Hey no problem! Thanks!" she called, before turning to Reese. He was far more important to her than some battle. She pulled a jar of blue berries from her bag, pouring them out and giving them to him. He purred happily, numming the blue berries eagerly.

That fight had been close... to close... She frowned softly as she watched Reese eat. She couldn't lose another friend... Not again.

Shiori and Raza ran through the building, making it to the competitor's lounge just in time to see a new match starting. Not this, though. That was good. However, it did look like his match up was coming up soon. Another thrill of panic rushed through Shiori's body as he made his way through the healing machine and healed up his Pokemon, maneuvering past Otis and Squash's battle. Raza paused a moment, watching the unusual matchup of the small Togepi taking on a huge Scolipede, but was quickly distracted by Shiori running past her once again. The actor then quickly made an about face and dashed out of the competitor's lounge, Raza hot on his heels.

"Come on, come on, where's the bathroom?!" Shiori muttered, looking around frantically. Raza nudged Shiori and pointed towards the bathroom, and Shiori smiled. He returned Raza back to her Pokeball and dashed into the bathroom, his luggage bag in hand.

Gohan had charged a bit too fast, and fell after the Scolipede evaded his attack. He stumbled to get up, probably feeling a little lightheaded. As the Venoshock headed for the small spiky pokemon, Squash shouted, “Gohan! Curl up and roll!” Once again, he closed his spikes, and rolled backward. A bit of the Venoshock stung him, but Gohan was persistent, hopping back up, albeit panting a little.

“Alright, now use an Extrasensory attack!” Gohan placed his hands on his forehead and closed his eyes. Quickly opening them again, the eyes shifted hues from brown to a light blue, and a dull rainbow-esque beam shot from its palms, which would make the opponent shift if hit.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Okay, Scolipede, try to dodge, while you are at it, use SteamRoller!” Otis gave an encouraging smile, and Scolipede nodded. She tried to dodge, but still got hit by the attack. Scolipede flinched and couldn’t move!

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Scolipede shook her head as she started to move again. “Scolipede, watch out!” Otis called out. The bug Pokemon saw Gohan charging at her, and she narrowly dodged it. Otis sighed, and quickly thought of what to do next. “Okay, use VenoShock!” Another poisonous liquid spewed at Gohan from Scolipede.

Squash and Gohan had not expected a quick recovery. With no move to make in the air, Gohan was blasted by the attack, dealing major damage, and sending him back.

“Darn! You ok, Gohan?” The togepi struggled to stand up, before finally mustering up the energy to face Scolipede. “We’ll have to go for broke! Metronome!” The togepi shook its hands back and forth, before releasing sharp edges of leaves from its hand. The green leaves spun furiously fast. Razor Leaf.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Good job!” Otis smiled at Scolipede, and then she looked at Squash. Scolipede didn’t move in time for the Razor Leaf, and she took a bit of damage from the attack. “Okay, use Rollout!” Otis called out, and Scolipede summoned some rocks, and sent them flying towards Gohan. Otis knew that this was a repeated move, which means that she didn’t have to decide which move Scolipede should use for about five turns.

“Gohan! Stand still, and concentrate on the rocks!” The togepi stopped moving for those few seconds, the only seconds he looked like he would ever be calm. In his mind, each of the rocks were hurling at him, but all of them had a blue aura surrounding each, and were moving awfully slow.

“Now! Open your eyes and use Extrasensory!” Gohan opened his eyes with fury, and all the rocks were suddenly hit with the same rainbow beam, although each beam was small. Gohan hurled the rocks he levitated at the other rocks that were being hurled, cancelling out the attack, but looking exhausted in the process.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Scolipede watched as Gohan used some of the rocks she had hurled to destroy the others. She then summoned more rocks, she also knew this was a repeated move. Scolipede then hurled the rocks with a bit more speed, though the rocks were still heavy.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Ah. Shoot. Were lost. Dang! This Forest is long! I'm used to Kanto!" Said Berry "Well thank god Berr's Sister gave her town map to me.". "Pika!" said Pikachu. "Yeah yeah Pikachu i know its my fault of getting lost. I bet Eevee's mad at me too." Said Berry. "Pika! Pikachu!" Said Pikachu. "Eh. I GUESS your right. *sigh* I'll Accept the dare...if we get outta here i'm gonna find you Poke Food." Said Berry

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Huh?" Said Berry as he Looked to see a battle going on. "Huh. Looks like there in a battle." Berry looked at Pikachu. He was about to interrupt the battle and Fight for himself "PIKACHU. I KNOW YOU WANT TO FIGHT BUT NO. THERE IN A VERY IMPORTANT BATTLE ALRI-" Pikachu had already jumped off his shoulder onto the Battlefield. "Dang it Pikachu. *Sigh* Here we go AGAIN" said Berry

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(Hey, @Berry Ant , you can’t double post, it’s against the rules.)

She was about to call out another command when a Pikachu appeared out of nowhere. “H-Huh?” Scolipede has just finished throwing all of the rocks when she noticed a Pikachu. Huh? What is that Pikachu doing here? It’s interrupting our battle! She huffed, and looked at Gohan.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
Pikachu was about to use a thunderbolt but someone said "Stop!" A Raticate Jumped out of the Grass and used sucker punch on the Pikachu. Knocking it out Finally a Trainer came out "Good.....Job....Raticate!" Said Berry Tired "Sorry...For.....Pikachu....Hes VERY energetic....Now....Return Raticate!" (And thank you for the warning!)

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis watched as a Raticate knocked out the Pikachu. “That was... unusual...” Scolipede glanced at Berry, before looking back at Gohan. She gave him a look that said, ‘Shall we continue our battle?’ Otis looked back at Squash, “Shall we continue?” She was already thinking of another move for Scolipede to use, and Otis waited for Squash and Gohan.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Yep!" Said Berry still Tired "I'll Leave...Now! Besides...We have to get Pikachu to a Pokemon Center!" Berry ran off but he dropped one of his Pokeball's On his way to the Pokemon center and didn't Notice he dropped it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis glanced one more time at Berry, and she shuffled in her bag. There was only her other Poekballs in there, and she realized that she must have forgotten to get some healing items. One of her Pokeballs fell out, and opened up on the ground. It was her Unfezant, and he chirped loudly. He noticed another Pokeball on the ground, and walked over to it. Unfezant touched his beak to it, and opened it up.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(And another warning, your posts must be at least one paragraph long, someone else made the same mistake, and I haven’t heard from them since.)

Unfezant took a step back when an Eevee popped out of the Pokeball. He saw it using protect, and Unfezant took a step closer. Is this Pokemon a threat? He thought for a second, before a harsh light coated him. Otis was too focused on the battle to notice, and Unfezant stood, letting the light bath him. Soon, he opened his wings and took flight. Unfezant was high in the sky, then he aimed down to the Eevee, and he used Sky Attack on it.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
Eevee, Startled Used Protect and It worked. Unfezant would do no damage, Eevee was safe (I changed it).

Last edited by a moderator:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(It’s okay)

Unfezant bounced off the Protect, and landed on his feet. He flapped his wings a lot, to look a bit intimating. He knew that every time a Pokemon used Protect, it increases the chance that the move will fail, his owner Otis taught him that. He flew in the air, Unfezant was using Fly. He was high in the air, waiting for the Eevee to use a move.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Unfeazant recognized the poisonous toxin coming towards him, but he was too late to dodge it. He took a bit of damage from the poison, but Unfezant started to fly down. He flew towards the Eevee with frightening speed. He knew that this was a definite hit, and Unfezant was coming closer and closer to hitting the Eevee every second.

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
Eevee was frightened! Eevee Closed it eyes hoping that it would miss. But it was too late. Eevee was hit...But still had HP? Luckily Eevee had a Focus sash on and After Unfezant attacked Eevee ran away and went Behind Otis for help.