• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Impossible/No Thanks Private Sprites in TCM

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@SweetAnubis It's not currently possible, I'm afraid, and it's unlikely to be added. I explained the reasons why in a thread here – although it refers to the in-game trainer portraits, it applies equally well to custom sprites too. :)

@Teapot ok thanks. That wasn't exactly what i was asking. I see theres an option to submit character sprites a person has made. but then that would become available for everyone to use. What i was asking is f it's possible to submit one that only some people can use with permission. For example i made my own character and transposed it to a trainer card i made. however i wanted to save that trainer card to my account but i can't do that since my sprite is my own design. It also comes with the slight disadvantage is i havent figured out how to keep it looking clean/clear when i merge the player sprite layer onto the trainer card to save it to proper file type. You can see what i'm talking about if you look at my signature.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, firstly, our terms, which are clearly shown on the first screen of the TCM, don't allow you to edit any of the cards the TCM has generated – so I'd ask that you not do so (and please take down and don't use any you have edited). If you're capable of creating your own sprites, I'd ask that you instead create your own trainer card in a graphics package if you wish to use your own assets – all the resources available to do so are freely available outside of Pokécharms, and it's not a difficult thing to do for anyone with spriting ability. For clarity, we do not allow you to screencap, download, or otherwise use the assets on the TCM in any capacity, so you'd need to source your own background, Pokémon panels, badges, and so on.

As for your question: we don't have any options similar to what you're asking for, and at this time we do not have any intention of adding that sort of feature. Any assets on the TCM are accessible to anyone using the TCM (and for no other purpose), and it goes against the purpose of the TCM – to be a simple solution for those who want to quickly make a trainer card, for those who may not want to create their own or lack the ability.

If you're already going to the effort of creating your own sprites, then you should be creating your own cards to use them on.