• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private rp anyone?

Does anyone want to do a Private Roleplay with me? I was think four three trainers on a quest to collect all of the gym badges. I was thinking maybe four people including me. Anyone up for one?

We have all of the members. Acceptance is now closed.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Actually, I've been looking for a PRP of something of this calibur: simple, nothing silly, just a quest to be a typical trainer.

Though I still complain that I have over 9000 RPs to post in, I'm in. :3 Though a few questions:

1) What region?
2) Should these be experienced trainers, or newbies just starting off on their adventure? I'm guessin the latter, tbh.
3) Are we doing what they do in the games, like we pick a starter and start off in *insert starting town here*, or is this somewhat different?

I suppose I'll I'm in I think it is about time I did some RP :3

I just have the same questions as Shiny :p Oh and should we submit a profile like appearance, name and age that sort of stuff.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I was at school typing that, just one or two minutes before the bell rang. D: it um slipped my mind.

But yes is a profile/bio needed? :3

Shiny Eevee said:
Actually, I've been looking for a PRP of something of this calibur: simple, nothing silly, just a quest to be a typical trainer.

Though I still complain that I have over 9000 RPs to post in, I'm in. :3 Though a few questions:

1) What region?
2) Should these be experienced trainers, or newbies just starting off on their adventure? I'm guessin the latter, tbh.
3) Are we doing what they do in the games, like we pick a starter and start off in *insert starting town here*, or is this somewhat different?

1) I was thinking Sinnoh.
2) Newbies of course!
3) We start in Twin leaf; each get a starter; travel together. BUt in the begining we don't know eachother.
Bio? Why not?

Bio info:

Name:
Birthplace:
Looks:(picture here please)
Bio:
-----
MIne:

Name: Marie Storbeck
Birthplace:Twinleaf town, Sinnoh
Looks:
rememberandrename-3.jpg
Bio: Marie is a very different individual, she marches to the beat of her own drum and sometimes says things that make no sense at all. She's a very happy-go-lucky person and it's hard to bring her down from her dream world. She likes everybody, even the people she probably shouldn't like. She has no concept of personal space at times. She loves her pokemon like nothing else and their health and concerns always come before anything else. Her parents died when she was 4 years old, so she was sent to live with her grandmother. She was too young to really remember much about her parents, only having the stories that her grandmother told her. Her grandmother taught her the importance of taking care of pokemon and told her that it was always okay to be herself. It was grandmother who told her about the pokemon trainers in the world and introduced her grand daughter to another young trainer. He told her stories about his travels and adventures and she wanted nothing more than to go and have her own adventures.
She keeps in touch with the trainer who told her about all of his adventures.

I decided to make it 3 people. I'm just a little anxious to start. I may just go ahead and start it. Just fill in your CS and go join the RP. The rest of the posts will be longer. I had to hurry the post for a family function.

Okay my profile

Name: Ferris Porter
Birthplace: Cianwood City, Johto
Looks: http://media.photobucket.com/image/blonde anime guy/R-Sharky/RPC/Guy.jpg?o=20 (He wears glasses for looking intellectual, reading and for generally looking like a hipster hehe)

Bio: Ferris is a generally a nice guy but can be quite naive at times. Although he hails from Cianwood his parents decided to move to Twinleaf town to be closer to Ferris' mothers parents (as his father's parent are deceased) to look after them. Although he has lived in Sinnoh for only 4 years, he barely remembers Cianwood this however is due to his naive nature. Ferris has shown a huge interest to the pokemon and has even took to drawing and observing the nature of the creatures. When his parent saw Ferris' fascination with pokemon they taught him about battles. Now that his parent believe he is at mature age they are going to let Ferris fulfill his dream in being an expert pokemon researcher and trainer.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Fun fun~

Name: Victor Doyle
Birthplace: Lilycove City, but moved to Twinleaf Town when he was around 7
Looks:
How-hot-is-he-kyoya-ootori-25454050-412-550.jpg
Bio: He doesn't talk a lot or show his feelings to others. He can seem cold and unfriendly to those who don't know him very well, but he's actually a very caring, if aloof person. He also tends to have quite a bit of insight on some things, and as such might be considered a nerd at times. He has a younger sister, Victoria, and anyone who dares to harm her or talk bad about her faces his wrath.

Colourtheory said:
Great! Thanks so much! Sorry for my rushed post in the RP. I will have longer posts.

Don't worry this is my first RP so I couldn't really tell if it was rushed and stuff.

And these profile seem pretty cool :3

Shiny Eevee said:
Bio: He doesn't talk a lot or show his feelings to others. He can seem cold and unfriendly to those who don't know him very well, but he's actually a very caring, if aloof person.

Did you make him quiet to write less ;D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Nope, to give me a bit of variety with my male characters. XD I have a gentleman in the Digimon RP, one of my other PRP characters is extremely hot-blooded, and another character of mine is friendly and talkative. :3

Also, how are we going to determine our starters? ^^;

Hm... First come first serve? Lol no. I was thinking maybe we lead to a conversation on our way to the lab where we decide which pokemon we want? I mean, it's up to you two as well.

Okay. I will review the Character Sheets. I will try to see who will get who.

Okay. Victor will get chimchar, Ferris will get turtwig, and I will get piplup.

I will just write the first forms because I'm not sure how far I want or whether I want my Pokemon to evolve.

1)Turtwig
2)Shinx
3)Swinub
4)Chingling
5)Drifloon
6)Tentacool

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
1) Chimchar (male), AKA Rigel
2) Shinx (male), AKA Regulus
3) Wingull (female), AKA Vega
4) Girafarig (male), AKA Alcyone
5) Budew (female), AKA Spica
6) Sneasel (female), AKA Polaris

In absolutely no particular order. XD Also, subject to change at any time. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Colourtheory, I take issue with your most recent post. Particularly, this portion of it:

A pokemon, Darkarai to be exact, came out of that dark black hole. etc. etc.

Did you read the PRP forum rules? Because they're very clear about the usage of legendaries in topics:

1. On Using/Having Legendary Pokémon: Unless you have a VERY VALID AND GOOD AND WELL-THOUGHT OUT REASON FOR USING A LEGENDARY and have asked permission, explaining the plot, you may NOT under ANY circumstances use legendaries. That goes for owning them AND using them in threads (even if they're wild). If you want to use a legendary, PM one of the two PRP moderators.

Until you fulfill these guidelines, I'm going to request that you either remove that portion of your post or edit it and replace Darkrai's role with another Pokemon. Thanks~

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Katie is very much an admin on the forums. There are no real designated mods or admins for specific boards, so best do what she says.

PS Katie = Linkachu

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Colourtheory said:
Okay. While I wait for response from a prp mod , can it stay?

I'm going to say no on that one. You've already broken the rule, which is made worse by the fact that you clearly didn't read the PRP rules at all. As a new RPer here, that's kinda required. =/

Please remove Darkrai from your post. The way things are now, it's very unlikely that Sem or Yoshimitsu would approve your usage of it too.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As long as you read the PRP rules and heed them from here on in, nope. Thanks for changing it. ~:)~

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I really hate doing this this way, but is the RP on hold for a bit? Because the last post was by Riley, and we're both just waiting for your post, Colourtheory.

PS. just call me Shiny. ^^

Hmm 2 days left before a week of inactivity :| Unless we receive a response in the next 3-4 days. I'm quitting the RP and starting my own. Unless you give me permission to overhaul the RP :p

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Rileyixx said:
Hmm 2 days left before a week of inactivity :| Unless we receive a response in the next 3-4 days. I'm quitting the RP and starting my own. Unless you give me permission to overhaul the RP :p
This, very much so

We can do the Unova one Dwayna suggested in chat or we could do Hoenn (don't really wanna do Kanto/Johto) ^-^ If Colour doesn't post soon that is.

P.S Technicalities meant that I couldn't overhaul this RP :(

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, stepping in for another moment here...

I don't recall it being stated that people had to post at least once a week in this PRP, so correct me if I'm wrong. There's nowhere in the Pokecharms PRP rules that states people must post in a PRP once a week, but it's encouraged for posters to remain active and keep in contact via PMs if they're going to be busy. Just something to keep in mind~

That said, considering this is Colourtheory's topic, she's been on the boards recently, and she still hasn't responded here, that's not really helpful either. ;x

Well I've not received any PM's at all and she did say she would post ASAP (She didn't actually say ASAP but she pretty much meant it anyway) nearly a week ago.

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and thinking that her computer died or something.

P.S there isn't an inactivity rule but if this carries on, I'll contact El or Sem about possibly creating one.

Perhaps something along the lines of posting at least once a week unless other people in the RP have been contacted with a reason why they cannot post or having a vote system (half the RP'ers contact the owner of the RP or El/Sem if the owner is inactive) to remove people from the RP

I dunno just some quick on the spot suggestions :)

P.S You are stopping Sem and El from doing any work jk ;D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Rileyixx said:
P.S there isn't an inactivity rule but if this carries on, I'll contact El or Sem about possibly creating one.

Perhaps something along the lines of posting at least once a week unless other people in the RP have been contacted with a reason why they cannot post or having a vote system (half the RP'ers contact the owner of the RP or El/Sem if the owner is inactive) to remove people from the RP

I dunno just some quick on the spot suggestions :)

We've actually debated rules like that in the past. The reason we don't have one is because most of us around here are quite busy people, may it be due to school, work, social lives, etc., and sometimes people are struck by the dreaded 'writers block'. Expecting RPers to always be active or implementing a rigid rule regarding activity levels could turn away potential posters, including some of us regulars.

Instead it's better that people simply be honest with others regarding their activity levels and do their best to keep in touch (either via PMs or topics such as these). If a topic creator only wants very active RPers in their thread then they're perfectly free to request such, but otherwise it's best left as an unwritten rule. ~:)~

P.S. You guys know you're always free to quit an RP you're no longer interested in. It's your choice~ :angel:

Someone told me to ask El/Sem to make a inactivity rule o.O Can't remember who I think it might have been Dem or Dwayna but oh well I'm still giving her the chance to post but I'm gone by Friday if she hasn't posted ^^

Guys! So sorry I haven't posted. I just have been very busy with school. I have finals coming up. There was also a family death but id rather not talk about it. As long as you promise not to leave, I will have a post up tomorrow. .
I guess I should post more often now. But if I fail my finals and get held back its all your guys, fault. ;-)
But for some reason i feel hated and not wanted here. I just came here to do my own thing and talk to others but for some reason I just feel hated and unwanted. If anyone wants me off orjust dislikes me its okay to tell me.
Love you guys

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
No no no, it's not that. We're just both a bit frustrated that the RP hasn't been updated in a while, but we completely overlooked that you, too, have a life outside of the forums. I deeply regret pushing you to post, Colourtheory, and I apologize for that. :<

You're not unwanted nor hated here, and it's so fun RPing with you. I'm sorry if you feel that way, and I promise I'll do more to help you feel more at ease and welcome. ^^

I agree with Shiny we just a little frustrated with the lack of updates (not trying to be mean or anything) but it would have been nice to alerts us sooner. And sorry for your loss :(

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I'm quite surprised you're both pushing for such quick replies in the first place. RPs here tend to go weeks/months between posts. It's kind of always been like that.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'd just like to chip in here, even if it is a little late, that while you're welcome to establish some kind of time limit within your own individual RPs, there is no plan for enforce a board-wide rule that demands posts within a week. Assigning obligations like that is typically only serves to slow down an RP even further due to the nagging involved.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sem said:
I'm quite surprised you're both pushing for such quick replies in the first place. RPs here tend to go weeks/months between posts. It's kind of always been like that.

I should've realized this, or rather, remembered this fact. I was overexcited about this RP that I became impatient for another post that I completely ignored that RPs here, especially the best ones, don't get updated for long periods of time.

Again, my apologies.

I understand, I do feel solely responsible for this (I think I kinda roped Shiny into it aswell), I hadn't really took notice of the RP boards before this RP so I wasn't aware with inactivity in these boards ^^ Sorry if I've caused any hassle