• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Prisma, Pokemon college!

Hey everybody, I've been fancying a little Pokémon roleplay for some time now so here we are. Welcome to Prisma official Pokémon college. A beautiful campus set in the very fictional region of Ragnarok, (Because I'm just that good with original names ;) ) which caters to a wide variety of students wanting to take different courses. The ones you will be able to select are as following, the Pokémon battlers course, the Pokémon breeders course, the Pokémon research course and the Pokémon utilisation course (Which is for people hoping to use their Pokémon companions in other lines of work such as mining or the police).

Prisma offers full accommodation to its students, in either dorms or semi detached homes to be shared between two students for an additional fee. It's campus is huge, a sprawling mess of buildings and training courses, as well as some natural landmarks such as the lake and forest. There is a Pokémon centre located on site and several different arenas used for battling, including some high tech ones capable of changing terrain. Always looming relatively close by is Mt. Avaix, a behemoth that is well known for its harsh conditions and steep slopes. The closest town to the college is a quaint place named Greystem town, which has all the usual buildings any other human settlement have but with the addition of a highly active train network that extends all around the region.

The esteemed headmaster of Prisma college is Professor Glas, an expert on all things Pokémon who is well known for her calm demeanour and strikingly good looks. Of course there are many other members of staff but for the most part you wont need to know their names and when you do, I'll let you know.

So, rules!
  • Follow all Pokecharms site rules, go check them out if you aren't familiar with them already.
  • You may start with only three Pokémon of your own and none of them may be final evolutions unless there is no other choice, for example Spinda.
  • Only one character per role-player unless you ask permission and I give you the go ahead.
  • Please fill out the bio I will issue but if you want to add extra sections to it go ahead.
  • Mega Pokémon will be available but only if approved by an admin and certainly not at the start.
  • No repeat Pokémon, if somebody has already chose a particular species you cant choose the same one. You can put your future team if you wish to reserve six Pokémon.
  • No Mary sues, we all hate them.
  • No god modding, if you have your Pokémon know all its moves and counter or dodge everything your foe throws at you I will step in and ask you to either fix your error or leave.
  • You can swear just dont go crazy.
  • I have no problems with romance but if you plan on going far just imply it, spare the rest of us details.
  • No OP teams, I dont want to see 5 pseudo legendries and an uber Pokémon on the same team.
Now that is all done and dusted let me introduce you to my character.
Name: Jake Acker
Height: 5ft 9
Weight: 11 stone/ 69 KG
Personality: Jake is your everyday friendly guy, he isn't one to start a conflict without reason. He is determined to reach the peak of his potential however and sometimes his ambition can make him a little headstrong which causes him to make poor decisions. As the eldest sibling in his family he has a rather caring persona but can come off as snarky and is quick to make a "witty" comment whenever the chance presents itself. Dont be fooled though, he just wants to have a good time and make some friends at Prisma whilst obtaining his goals.
Physical appearance: Jake isn't the tallest guy in the world but he is rather well built, a result of spending most of his free time outside with his Pokémon or working with his father, a miner. He has Brown eyes that can appear almost gold in the right light, a kind of syrup colour. He has a defined facial structure and a scattering of freckles across his face. His hair is also brown, although darker than his eyes, with the fringe swept to the side. All in all he's a pretty good looking guy but average for the most part.
Clothes: Nothing crazy here, a thick black jacket with metal cuffs and a high collar is worn over a selection of t-shirts, usually blue. This is coupled with some denim jeans and a pair of black combat boots. As I said, simple stuff.
Course taken at Prisma college: Battling.
Pokémon: Sableye (Jade), Scyther ( Ronin) and Tynamo (Gizmo). His final team will also have a Togekiss, Tyrantrum and a Gastrodon.

Here is the bio template for those who need it:
Name:
Weight:
Personality:
Physical appearance:
Clothes:
Course taken at Prisma college:
Pokémon:

Alright, I await your bios eagerly! :)

Name: Kandis
Height: 125.0 Ib (57,1 kg)
Weight: 64.2" (163 cm)
Personality: Kind,Playful
Physical Appearance: Blonde long hair looking like Celesteela's,Light white Skin,Green Eyes
Clothes: Dress that looks like Celesteela's mostly,Black slip ons,
Course taken at Prisma College: Training,Learning about HP,Atk,Sp,Def,Sp Atk,Defense,Speed and other things about Pokemon like stones and many other things
Pokémon:
Togedemaru
Rockruff
Sorry friend but your grammar seems a bit sup par. There should be a space when your listing things like that. Here's an example "I bought some milk, apples, bananas and bread.". You see? Anyway sorry I'll have to decline you. Feel free to reapply when you sort your grammar out!

Name: Jon Gow
Height: I don't know... sorry. If it MUST be filled in I'll make something up.
Weight: Same as Height...
Personality: Serious, stern. Will start an argument with anyone. Is very overprotective.
Psychical Appearance: Tall for his age, green eyes that look almost blue sometimes. He has brown hair that could be compared to a brown bear in colour. It's very ruffled but is usually tame.
Clothes: A purple hoodie, blue jeans or black shorts depending on the weather. If he is on his own and not busy he wears joggers. Red trainers with white laces.
Course: Battle course.
Pokemon: Shiny Male Snivy (Venus), Female Salandit (Bandit) and Female Magicarp (Gyrette).
Also My character is Male.

Name: Jon Gow
Height: I don't know... sorry. If it MUST be filled in I'll make something up.
Weight: Same as Height...
Personality: Serious, stern. Will start an argument with anyone. Is very overprotective.
Psychical Appearance: Tall for his age, green eyes that look almost blue sometimes. He has brown hair that could be compared to a brown bear in colour. It's very ruffled but is usually tame.
Clothes: A purple hoodie, blue jeans or black shorts depending on the weather. If he is on his own and not busy he wears joggers. Red trainers with white laces.
Course: Battle course.
Pokemon: Shiny Male Snivy (Venus), Female Salandit (Bandit) and Female Magicarp (Gyrette).
Also My character is Male.
Approved! Yeah the height and weight don't have to be filled in, hardly essential information at the end of the day.

Name: Morgan Bloom
Appearance: Mid length brown hair, round brown eyes, pale skin

Clothes: Black long sleeve, expensive looking beige vest, black leggings, gold ring earrings, pearl necklace, beret, glasses

Personality: Calm, outgoing, friendly

Course: Pokemon Breeding Course

Pokemon: Blissey

Backstory: Morgan comes from an extremely rich family, her parents never really cared about her so they enrolled her in a boarding school. That's where she met Happiny. In high school it evolved into a Chansey and as she graduated it evolved into a Blissey. Morgan and Blissey have a deep bond and both love helping Pokemon. Morgan and Blissey then went to college to become Pokemon doctors.

Name: Morgan Bloom
Appearance: Mid length brown hair, round brown eyes, pale skin

Clothes: Black long sleeve, expensive looking beige vest, black leggings, gold ring earrings, pearl necklace, beret, glasses

Personality: Calm, outgoing, friendly

Course: Pokemon Breeding Course

Pokemon: Blissey

Backstory: Morgan comes from an extremely rich family, her parents never really cared about her so they enrolled her in a boarding school. That's where she met Happiny. In high school it evolved into a Chansey and as she graduated it evolved into a Blissey. Morgan and Blissey have a deep bond and both love helping Pokemon. Morgan and Blissey then went to college to become Pokemon doctors.
This is all good except for one thing, I said first evolution Pokémon only. However I will allow Chansey rather than Happiny.

Name: Blake Hart
Height: 6'04" ft (1.95 m)
Weight: 114 lbs. (51.7 kg)
Personality: Blake is very serious, and can get ticked off pretty easily. Blake really enjoys being with her friends, even if she doesn't seem like it. Blake can really fight, Pokemon battles and martial arts. It takes a lot to make Blake cry, like she's seen every Disney and Pixar movie without even shedding a single tear.
Physical appearance: Blake has to different colored eyes, one that is red, and the other is black. Blake has a scar that runs over her black eye. Blake has long,flowing black hair. Blake's skin is white.
Clothes: Blake usually likes to wear a purple mask, that covers her mouth, but she rarely puts it on. Blake puts on a black, and red, bandanna over her head. Blake always wears her purple, elastic scarf around her neck. Blake wears a tight, black long sleeve shirt, with a purple v-neck tank top over it. She also has black, ripped jeans.
Course taken at Prisma college: Pokemon Battling, and Research
Pokémon:
Torchic: Lee
Froakie: Shade
Bulbasaur: Ivy

Name: Blake Hart
Height: 6'04" ft (1.95 m)
Weight: 114 lbs. (51.7 kg)
Personality: Blake is very serious, and can get ticked off pretty easily. Blake really enjoys being with her friends, even if she doesn't seem like it. Blake can really fight, Pokemon battles and martial arts. It takes a lot to make Blake cry, like she's seen every Disney and Pixar movie without even shedding a single tear.
Physical appearance: Blake has to different colored eyes, one that is red, and the other is black. Blake has a scar that runs over her black eye. Blake has long,flowing black hair. Blake's skin is white.
Clothes: Blake usually likes to wear a purple mask, that covers her mouth, but she rarely puts it on. Blake puts on a black, and red, bandanna over her head. Blake always wears her purple, elastic scarf around her neck. Blake wears a tight, black long sleeve shirt, with a purple v-neck tank top over it. She also has black, ripped jeans.
Course taken at Prisma college: Pokemon Battling, and Research
Pokémon:
Torchic: Lee
Froakie: Shade
Bulbasaur: Ivy
Approved! Okay one more and we're good to go people.

Name:Jazz
Height:6'25
Weight:150 lbs
Personality: Jazz most of The time is relaxed and calm,he love hear music, Just is serious when something very Bad happen
Psycal apparence:Black pants,Green hoodie, White Shooes,one Sun glasses writed "YOLO" and a White T-shirt
Course taking at the college:be a Very good dancer of hip-hop and be a Battle expert
Pokémons:frogadier,dratini,zoroark

Name: Jonathan "Johnny" Daniels
Height: 6 ft
Weight: 175 lbs
Personality: Johnny is an adventurous boy. He spent about 5 years exploring and discover new things with his mentor Professor Juniper Sr. He loves to sketch and draw. He has a multiple notepads and pencils stuffed in his satchel at all times. He isn't a social butterfly, but is willing to introduce himself to make new friends. He loves to battle and is always up for one.
Physical appearance: He has brown stringy hair that falls into his face a lot. He has a lean face, with a small scar on his left cheek. The scar is barely noticeable. He has hazel eyes. He isn't fittest looking boy, but it actually quite capable of exploring deep caverns or climbing up high trees.
Clothes: Wears blue denim jacket over a red t-shirt. He wears white jeans, and has red sneakers. Slung over his shoulder is a faded brown satchel whom belonged to his father.
Course taken at Prisma college: Pokemon Battling Course
Pokémon: Tepig, Rufflet, Tirtouga
Future team: Emboar, Braviary, Carracosta, Galvantula, Tauros, and Excadrill (if i am able to catch more pokemon)

Name: Cam
Species: Tepig
Extra info: Cam was a gift from Professor Juniper Sr. Soon Johnny and Cam became best friends always hanging around with each other and shared the others love of battles. He wears a light blue scarf tied around his neck, mainly for good luck.

Name: Arrow
Species: Rufflet
Extra Info: Was a Pokemon Johnny caught while exploring the woods. Very friendly towards everyone

Name: Sarge
Species: Tirtouga
Extra info: While exploring a cave, Johnny found a fossil. The fossil was revived by Professor Juniper Sr. and was revealed to be a Tirtouga. He is very slow and orderly.

Last edited:
I must say, I'm looking forward to this roleplay. I also have added in a lot more extra information on the character sheets; especially for the Pokémon since I love to have my characters with pristine detailings.

Trainer Character:
Name:
Somaiar Kyoto
Height: He is at a slightly short height of 5'2".
Weight: He is slightly underweight for his age, as he is only 107.6 pounds.
Personality: He is taciturn, especially around other people. He is leader-like, as he is often bursting with enthusiasm when he battles. He is also determined, as he sometimes takes risks to protect his Pokémon; even if it means jeopardizing his safety for them.
Physical Appearance: He has a skinny build, as he is slightly muscular. He has brown eyes, short, pale yellow blond hair, and some freckles near his cheeks. He also has a small scar under his chin, though it is hard to notice at a normal glance.
Clothes: He has a blue jacket on with a hoodie around his head; the jacket also has hidden pockets on the front. He wears a white T shirt, short white cargo pants, and brown leather sandals. He also has a tan leather bag that functions as a carrier sling and storage for items and such.
Course taken at Prisma College: He has taken the course of Pokémon Research at the College.
Pokémon: He has a Pichu and an Aron. (See below for more information.)

Pokémon Character #1:
Name:
Hope (He is often referred as Sparky, as this is his nickname.)
Species:
Pichu
Age: His age is unknown, though he does appear rather young.
Skills: He can play with his flute that can help to calm other younger Pokémon, and he is also adept at running for longer periods.
Ability: Static (The opposing Pokémon may become paralyzed if the Pokémon with this ability takes damage from a physical attack.)
Appearance: Aside from looking like a normal Pichu, he has some white cloth bandages snugly wrapped around his chest, left wrist, and the top part of his head.
Personality: He is reserved when it comes to social interactions, as he tends to stay by his trainer a lot. He tends to express himself throughout the notes that he plays on his flute. He also despises any authority figures aside from his trainer, due to his lugubrious past.
Backstory: Hope had it hard in his early life, as he was born into captivity in an unknown lab in Reapia City. He was constantly abused by the lab supervisors, as he would be deprived to malnutrition, while the supervisors would beat him day to day. He was often harassed by other Pokémon for his differences, and the supervisors joined in on it. Eventually, he had enough of the endless persecution that went on time and time again, as he decided to escape from the Lab. He escaped from the Lab by stealing a scalpel from one of the supervisors, as he quickly broke the back window in broad daylight! He ducked out and threw the scalpel at the supervisor in anger, as he sprinted out of the lab to freedom! He escaped the region of Camtonia with the help of several Pokémon, as he collapsed in a nearby forest in the region of Ragnarok soon after due to his extreme fatigue and injuries. He was carried over by Soma to his house that was near the College when he was found, as Soma and his mother treated his injuries. He was cared for primarily by Soma since his mother wanted him to learn about caring Pokémon. He started to develop some trust and liking towards Soma when he was cared for, since it was the first time in his life that he received love and compassion. He was also given a white, nickel flute from Soma, as he passed it down to him from his deceased father.
Other: He carries around a white flute that is made out of nickel, as it is slightly thicker to compensate for his small hands.

Pokémon Character #2:
Name:
His name is currently unknown. (This will be revealed with a certain action as the roleplay progresses.)
Species:
Aron
Age: His age is also unknown, though he does appear to look younger than Sparky.
Skills: He is able to blend in with other objects that look alike to his shell, and he is able to sneak around more easily.
Ability: Rock Head (Nullifies the effects of recoil damage for the Pokémon.)
Appearance: Aside from looking like a normal Aron, he has a light blue scarf wrapped around his neck. His name is also embroidered on the inside.
Personality: He is timid, as he despises hanging out with other humans; aside from his trainer when it comes to strangers. He can be very emotional to sudden changes, as he is a huge crybaby. He has a huge fear of needles, since they are both sharp and painful to him.
Backstory: His past is mostly unknown. (This may be revealed later on in the roleplay with a certain action.)
Other:
He cannot eat iron normally due to a genetic disorder. As such, he has to take injections of vitamins and iron by using the medicine his trainer has.

Name:Jazz
Height:6'25
Weight:150 lbs
Personality: Jazz most of The time is relaxed and calm,he love hear music, Just is serious when something very Bad happen
Psycal apparence:Black pants,Green hoodie, White Shooes,one Sun glasses writed "YOLO" and a White T-shirt
Course taking at the college:be a Very good dancer of hip-hop and be a Battle expert
Pokémons:frogadier,dratini,zoroark
I'm sorry to say this but your grammar doesn't seem up to scratch and you clearly don't have a clear grasp on the rules looking at your team.

As for @Ry_Burst and @Charlespark your both accepted, great job people. You guys seem to be of a standard that others should aspire to be.

@MapleEevee that's not a problem I'll just check over your bio again to make sure nothing has changed that causes a problem. The roleplay will be up later in the day as soon as I finish college so I hope to see you all there!

Name: Silver Moon
Height: Uhhh... Average?
Weight: Do I need this?
Personality: Calm, Friendly, Smart, loves to learn about pokemon
Physical appearance: Black hair, emerald green eyes, pale skin,
Clothes: Silver Sweater, Grey leggings, black boots, gold necklace with a black pearl on the end
Course taken at Prisma college: Pokemon Research
Pokémon: Alolan Raichu

Name: Silver Moon
Height: Uhhh... Average?
Weight: Do I need this?
Personality: Calm, Friendly, Smart, loves to learn about pokemon
Physical appearance: Black hair, emerald green eyes, pale skin,
Clothes: Silver Sweater, Grey leggings, black boots, gold necklace with a black pearl on the end
Course taken at Prisma college: Pokemon Research
Pokémon: Alolan Raichu
Approved and no those two categories aren't essential just there for extra information honestly.

Okay, so for the NPCs like the Receptionist and the Nurse plus other staff... are we all allowed to control them? (Or is it to only certain people?)

I'm writing here and I need to ask this so that I can continue on here.

Okay, so for the NPCs like the Receptionist and the Nurse plus other staff... are we all allowed to control them? (Or is it to only certain people?)

I'm writing here and I need to ask this so that I can continue on here.
Yeah any of you guys. Just don't make them do anything crazy obviously.

The nurse decided to quit her job and move to the Himalayas to become a monk, studying the art of air bending. Evil Plan COMPLETE HA HA HA XD

Mhm... he can't normally eat iron due to a genetic disorder that prevents him from eating hard things and being able to digest out the other materials that inhibit the ability for his body to properly process the nutrients from the other materials.

Well, at least he won't be destroying the school here, though he might be crying a lot since injections are the bane of him here. (Pretty much, he hates the Nurse like the plague here.)

I might probably reveal his backstory, though keep in mind that it's extremely dark here. (It's going to be most likely in the roleplay when his speech gets translated from maybe the Poké Watch or perhaps from a device; that is when he talks with someone in a conversation that someone brings up the proper question on him.)