• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

OR/AS Primal Kyogre

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
OfficialPrimalKyogre.png

Primal Kyogre
[type=water][/type]
20477_info.png

Japanese Name: PrimalKyogre
Classification: Sea Basin Pokémon
Height: 9.8m / 32' 01"
Weight: 430.0kg / 948.0 lbs.

20471_abilities.png

Ability: Primordial Sea

20473_cryptidata.png

Revealed: With the surprise reveal of the Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire remakes Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire on May 7th, 2014, the first images of Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre were also revealed. At the time we quite didn't know what these colourful new forms were but a month later on June 7th, 2014, a CoroCoro magazine leak confirmed that they were indeed of new evolutions (known as "Primal Reversion" forms) for the two Hoenn legendaries.

Additional Info: From Pokémon.com: "The powerful Pokémon Kyogre obtains even greater power upon Primal Reversion. The energy that fills its body spills forth as seawater. Its body composition becomes nearly a match for seawater, and its blue skin glows like a sapphire. With Primal Reversion, Primal Kyogre's powerful Sp. Atk will grow even greater! Plus, look forward to more details about Primal Kyogre's Ability, a power hidden within this awesome Pokémon."

It's also stated that "its body is half-translucent, and a golden light glows from within it. It is more mysterious and magnificent than ever!"

20483_stats.png

Primal Kyogre receives a major boost to its Special Attack, Special Defense and Attack stats.

HP: 100
Attack: 150
Defense: 90
Sp. Attack: 180
Sp. Defense: 160
Speed: 90

20479_locations.png

Kyogre must hold the Blue Orb to undergo Primal Reversion. This may be found:
Omega Ruby: Mt. Pyre following the Primal Groudon/Kyogre narrative.
Alpha Sapphire: Held by Kyogre.

20476_evolution.png

Kyogre undergoes Primal Reversion to become Primal Kyogre

20472_artwork.png

KyogreSizeComparison_v03.png

20482_screenshots.png

EN_V1_p12_01_sok.jpg
EN_V1_p12_03_moq.jpg
Pokemon ORAS June 10 screenshot 3.jpg
p12_05_pzu.jpg

Primal_Kyogre_screenshot_1.jpg
Primal_Kyogre_screenshot_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
While I'm planning to play Omega Ruby first out of tradition (I originally played Ruby first so it's only proper~) I really like how they've designed Primal Kyogre. The design updates to Kyogre are more pronounced than Groudon's and they're really quite pretty. It looks excellent both in the artwork and the game screenshots. The size comparison image between standard Kyogre and Primal Kyogre is quite nifty, too (it's so big!).

I'm very intrigued to see how the Primal Reversion forms will alter the original Ruby and Sapphire plot-line. Can't wait to learn more about them in general really. :)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Its body composition becomes nearly a match for seawater,"

Oh joy. More gen-one-esque pseudoscientific bullshit. Wasn't Vaporeon bad enough? <<

That said, Primal Kyogre is rather interesting looking in a gelatinous monster sort of way. I do wonder where the hell its internal organs went though.

I'm going to play alpha ruby just because it's my birth stone. Otherwise I would play omega sapphire. Yay water types!

I hope they make primal palkia, primal dialga and primal giratina in the remakes of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Some of u guys probably still know primal dialga from Pokemon mystery dungeon. It would be awesome to have that guy on your side. Maby they'll even make mega-arceus! All hail the mighty god Pokemon! :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Good God almighty, I cannot stop laughing at this during the Ultra-Special-Awesome mode. ♥

I was right there with ya yesterday. I foresee myself continuing to call Primal Pokemon "Ulta-Special-Awesome" forms in the future... although nobody else but us who saw the April Fools prank will understand what I'm referring to. XD

That is pretty cool I will admit...but I prefer dark...fire..or ice Pokemon...water is somewhat in the middle. Though I'm not saying water isnt cool...it is...but a water legendary? Cool...but...meh...I've seen better.

I put my card here for no reason: (attached file)

Attachments

• 202647_trainercard-JT.png
    202647_trainercard-JT.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 0