• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Prepare for Trouble...

Which Team Rocket motto was your favorite?

• Butch and Cassidy's version

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The original American version

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • The new Japanese version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The new American version

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Butch and Cassidy's version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, we are in need of something to push the closed topics into the obscurities of page 2...

Which Team Rocket Motto was your favorite?

Well, the first time I watched Pokemon was the american version, So I grew up loving the original motto. I don't really appreciate the new motto, or perhaps its because I haven't heard it long enough, but personally, it didn't sound as "Team Rockety" and was lackluster in comparison to the original.

Altogether now, "prepare for trouble..."

"Make it double."
"To protect the world from devastation."
"To unite the all peoples within our nation."
"To denounce the evils of truth and love."
"To extend our reaches to the stars above."
"Jesse!"
"James!"
"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"
"Surrender now or prepare to fight!"
"Meowth that's right."​
Done without a reference. I might not be 100% right but...yeah, that one's my fave. My favorite spin off of that one is in the Orange Island League where they hit the tree when they were going on the ropes. "Surrender now or prepare to...surrender now." :D

There really should be an option for the Battle Frontier motto, as well. Most people will vote for the originals, but you shouldn't leave out one of the three mottos.

I like Team Rocket's Rocket actually. Y'know, the full length song rather than the motto.

Are you referring to Pikachu's Jukebox or that one song in the first Jigglypuff episode?

I liked them both, but the japanese version of the jigglypuff TR song sounded better...

"I..am...the beautiful one" :p

Of the available options, I choose the original American. It was short, simple and easy to remember. But shouldn't their Hoenn motto also be listed there? I remember when they teamed up with Butch and Cassidy, who somehow managed to parody it. "Whenever there's a piece of pie in the universe..."

I had to go to You Tube to accurately make a transcript of it. It's actually longer than I thought it was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV5iZ18p3lE

In the video above, it goes...
Jessie: Is that a twerp voice I hear?
James: It's shrieking to me loud and clear!
Jessie: On the wind!
James: Past the stars!
Meowth: In your ear!
Jessie: Bringing total chaos at a neck-breaking pace!
James: Dashing all hope and putting fear in it's place!
Jessie: A rose by any other name is just as sweet!
James: When everything's worse, our work is complete!
"Jessie!"
"And it's James!"
"Meowth! Now that's a name!"
Jessie: Putting the do-gooders in their place!
James: Team Rocket!
All: We're in your face!

According to another video, the Japanese version is thus:
Musashi (Jessie): Without saying anything,
Kojirou (James): We come at you at the speed of light.
Musashi: Oh Wind!
Kojirou: Oh Great Earth!
Nyarth (Meowth): Oh Sky!
Musashi: To send dangerous things to the Earth...
Kojirou: To send craziness into space...
Musashi: Angel or devil, if you call this name...
Kojirou: Anyone would shudder when hearing this echo...
"Musashi!"
"Kojirou!"
"And Nyarth!"
Musashi: We are the act of this era.
Kojirou: The invincible...
Nyarth: Team...
All: Rocket!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That Japanese motto is definitely the best sounding by text, but as for nostalgia... I watched the dub first and I can't speak/understand the Japanese language aside from greetings and farewells, so it's fairly easy to understand why the original English motto is my favorite. I don't hate the new dub motto like some might, but the original is still the original, eh?

I must say, though... I really love the dub sung version of the motto XD

"... We're going to capture Pikachu; we'll do it really soon; and when we do we'll be the new, stars of this... CARTOOOON~!" (lolz)

I think the original American verision is the best. It is just one of those things that gets stuck your head, even if it's annoying. It is still compeltely entertaining xD. As for the new American Motto, it is ok, yet, it just doesn't have the same flare as the original.

I like the current D/P one, but they are all pretty annoying- I try to work out a reversed motto out of theirs for Ash, Dawn and Brock- it would be pretty funny if they had that in an ep don't you think?

I like the current D/P one, but they are all pretty annoying- I try to work out a reversed motto out of theirs for Ash, Dawn and Brock- it would be pretty funny if they had that in an ep don't you think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FIHBu1mvMDg

There was a point where they almost parodied the motto in Sinnoh.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=22L3mz8PE2c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0wlvXyMj5U&NR=1

Then there's the original parody with Duplica

Team Rocket ROCKED XD

I Love Team Rocket But Their Mottos And The Fact They Chased Pikachu Around Everywhere Was Annoying.

If They Had Of Given Up On Pikachu They Would Be RICH