• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PP UP and PP MAX

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Can you buy these items anywhere in any of the games?

If not, where can I get them? I already know about Itemfinding in random locations and the Trick House in Ru/Sa...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sadly, no, unless I'm forgetting about a special feature in Colosseum you can't buy them. Besides just Item Finding/Trick House, though, you can also find them through Pokemon with the "Pick Up" ability. Mind you it's pretty rare, but it happens.

Ever since the introduction of PP Max I've wanted them to make a secret option that lets you either buy them or win them over and over again. They're one of the best items ever, and I want more! :twisted:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
PP Max acts as three PP Ups, aka. it'll boost whatever attack you use it on to the fullest amount of points possible. For that case, never waste it on an attack that's already had one or two PP Ups used, and save it for something you know you're gonna use :twisted:

Wow. Are you serious? So you'd want to use it on a move like Fire Blast or Hyper Beam or something with low PP, right?

I was thinking on using it on my Dragonair (who I really don't want to evolve into Dragonite. I keep pressing "B". It's at level 76).

It knows:
- Flamethrower (15/15)
- Ice Beam (10/10)
- Thunder Blot (15/15)
- Surf (15/15)

Kind of going off topic here, but is that a good moveset? If so which attack should I use PP Max on? Or should I save it for another Pokemon?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since Icebeam is a useful attack and has the lowest amount of points I'd probably choose it, but you could always save it for something else, too. Just think about the attacks you use most in battle and wouldn't want to run out on you. For me it tends to be EQ, but something like Fire Blast could be useful, too (if it's the attack you plan to rely on most in battle).

Oh. I'd probably save it for my Gyarados then. Because I'm teaching EQ and it would probably benefit Gyarados more then poor Dragonair.