• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Powerless (Discussion)

What should the new name be?

• Demonkin

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The wicked ones

• Calderons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aberrants

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Obscrians

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kotonaru

• Deviants

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Elementals (keep as is)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Lmao Parker sounds just like that dude who shouted "Somebody catch that damn brat!" when he stole his coins. Love how the roles are reversed XD

Edit: I have a question about his Shadow Flame Chains. Do the chains have to stay attached to his hands when he traps someone, or can he let go of them and leave his enemies tied up so he can keep moving? Do they disappear when the user is far enough way? How long do they last?

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Lmao Parker sounds just like that dude who shouted "Somebody catch that damn brat!" when he stole his coins. Love how the roles are reversed XD

Edit: I have a question about his Shadow Flame Chains. Do the chains have to stay attached to his hands when he traps someone, or can he let go of them and leave his enemies tied up so he can keep moving? Do they disappear when the user is far enough way? How long do they last?

He doesn't have to keep holding on to them, but they do disappear if he goes far enough or uses up too much energy.

And this is different, he was stealing to survive and these kids are stealing a person!

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Well it's 5 in the morning where I live, so I'm gonna get to bed now. I'll respond when I wake up if anybody else posts.

Can I join, if so, then here's my bio
Bio:
Name: Chase
Personality:
Always serious. He is never happy,sad, (maybe angry sometimes), or disgusted, not even fear.
Appearance: Black haired, with a hooded cape,a as well as steel armor underneath, a six pack (because I am allowed),but he never shows his face because of something crazy,and he always has his trusty falcon by his side.
Power: N/A
Weapons:
A bunch of knives
Other: A pair of pistols
Backstory (optional): As Chase grew up he never said to anyone whether he thought Aberrants were good or not, but he was told by his parents, before they died later on in his life, that the abberants were bad,so he decided to join the opposing side. But something might make him regret that.

Can I join, if so, then here's my bio
Bio:
Name: Chase
Personality: Always serious. He is never happy,sad, (maybe angry sometimes), or disgusted, not even fear.
Appearance: Black haired, with a hooded cape,a as well as steel armor underneath, a six pack (because I am allowed),but he never shows his face because of something crazy,and he always has his trusty falcon by his side.
Weapons: A bunch of knives
Backstory (optional): As Chase grew up he never said to anyone whether he thought Aberrants were good or not, but he was told by his parents, before they died later on in his life, that the abberants were bad,so he decided to join the opposing side. But something might make him regret that.
I can't accept you now but if you space the commas out better, read the sign-up post for the password and edit that in, then you should be good to go. I also hope we get to learn what that "something crazy" thing is at some point in the RP.

I can't accept you now but if you space the commas out better, read the sign-up post for the password and edit that in, then you should be good to go. I also hope we get to learn what that "something crazy" thing is at some point in the RP.
Ok but what do u mean by sign up post for the password and edit that in? Also, yes you will find out what "something crazy" means soon

The sign-up post is the first post in this thread, and the password is the word you include in your bio just to show that you read the rules and everything. You'll find it if you read the first post. Include the word, space out the commas, and then I'll accept you.

This is my Fixed Bio:
Name: Chase Hunter
Personality:
Always serious. He is never happy, sad, scared, or disgusted. He may be mad sometimes.
Appearance: Black haired, with a hooded cape, as well as steel armor underneath, a six pack (because I am allowed), he never shows his face because of something crazy, and he always has his trusty falcon by his side.
Power: N/A yet
Weapons:
A bunch of knives
Backstory (optional): As Chase grew up, he never said to anyone whether he thought Aberrants were good or not, but he was told by his parents, before they died later on in his life, that the Abberants were bad, so he decided to join the opposing side. And his next mission is to find a special Stargazer. But something might make him regret completing his task.

Last edited:
This is my Fixed Bio:
Name: Chase Hunter
Personality:
Always serious. He is never happy, sad, scared, or disgusted. He may be mad sometimes.
Appearance: Black haired, with a hooded cape, as well as steel armor underneath, a six pack (because I am allowed), he never shows his face because of something crazy, and he always has his trusty falcon by his side.
Weapons:
A bunch of knives
Backstory (optional): As Chase grew up, he never said to anyone whether he thought Aberrants were good or not, but he was told by his parents, before they died later on in his life, that the Abberants were bad, so he decided to join the opposing side. And his next mission is to find a special Stargazer. But something might make him regret completing his task.
Accepted! :)

Hey no problem, welcome aboard! Just a quick thing though, make sure you space, capitalize, and use correct grammar in your RP posts too, not that I'm saying you won't, but I'm just making it clear that the rule isn't limited to your bio. This rule and rule 3 are the most important ones, I'd say.

Hey no problem, welcome aboard! Just a quick thing though, make sure you space, capitalize, and use correct grammar in your RP posts too, not that I'm saying you won't, but I'm just making it clear that the rule isn't limited to your bio. This rule and rule 3 are the most important ones, I'd say.
Ok got it. Should I go to the RP now?

Sure, if you can find a good way to jump in. It's kind of hard to right now because it's currently past 3 in the morning in the RP, but if you can, go for it. If you can't, you can always find a more opportune moment to bring in your character, if that works better for you.

Sure, if you can find a good way to jump in. It's kind of hard to right now because it's currently past 3 in the morning in the RP, but if you can, go for it. If you can't, you can always find a more opportune moment to bring in your character, if that works better for you.
Yeah I might wait a bit. Thanks for the heads up.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
As Chase saw the adult man from a bush nearby, he thought, " Who is he talking about? Is Neta an Aberrant? Probably. I need to find out." Once Chase finished his sentence, His eye started to hurt.
"Oh no........" he said. He falls back, holding one hand over his eye, and he transforms........... into a wolf. He howls loudly. He howls for a very long time, and then falls to the floor, transforming back into a human.
Before closing his eyes, he says, " This scar in my eye........I don't like it much."

WHEN DID YOU SAY YOU COULD DO THIS?

If you're a werewolf Aberrant, why isn't that in your bio? You don't have to reveal everything about the "something crazy" you were talking about all at once, but if you're revealing it this early on you should include a little on it in the sign-up. Edited.

You're fine. Keep going and don't give up. Besides, there are lots of things about Neta that I'll reveal later in the RP also... Anyway, I'm pretty hungry so I'll be going now. :)

If anyone asks, it's spelled "Neta" but pronounced "Netta." Not Nee-ta. She's named after a plant, nettle.

Also I told Sky earlier that the reason Aberrants have powers would be revealed towards the end. The full story, yes. Bits and pieces of it, coming up.

Hey, is it too late to join?

Name:
Magnus Everard
Personality: Not much is known of the young noble amongst the higher part of society, although many credit him for his charming charisma and good natured humor. Within the Everard household however, he is known as a social recluse, inclined to shut himself in his room and read his concerns away. In the few remaining pursuits he still finds meaningful however, he is willing to escape the comfort of the darkness of his abode and pursue his aims with a stubbornness.
Appearance: Magnus is known for his roguish black hair and light emerald eyes. His tanned skin - thanks to genetics and less so actual exposure to sunlight - accentuates his well defined cheeks and jaw. His arms and chest bear rather severe scaring due to vigorous training and near death encounters. He stands at 6’3” and is fairly slender with enough muscle to deliver a heavy punch. When in the public eye he bears the signature Everard black and silver upon a formal tunic worthy of a noble heir, his family’s crest of a silver raven proudly portrayed on his chest. In the night and out of the public eye, Magnus elects for a far more covert garb comprised of a skin tight black shirt and form fitting leggings that gave plenty of space for movement. This rather theifish looking get up is covered by a black hooded cloak (although he rarely wears the hood) and half his face adorned by a midnight colored mask - think phantom of the opera.
Power: He thrives in the shadows and darkness, harnessing the power of the unlit corners of both day and night. (Gonna skip on the specifics in order to be spooky like)
Weapons: Dual flintlock pistols, his cherished crossbow, and a bunch of concealed throwing knives in rather interesting places.
Other: He likes stargazing, must be due to his affinity for the night.
Backstory: The Everard family has been apart of the nobility since before living memory, possessing influences over numerous parts of Pless. Besides their age old insistence to only wear black and silver, they are seen as one of the more powerful noble families. However, outside of the public eye, the Everards have a strong Aberrant lineage, and all Everard males possess the same affinity and control over shadows and darkness. Due to wanting to keep this a secret, the Everards only hire Aberrant servants in order to keep things quite.

The Everard family controls a good portion of land in the main city that’s near the major keeps. They also possess much land in more rural areas in which they use the land for farming and mining.

The Everard family is more... Everard friendly than an actual ally of Aberrants. Sure, if one becomes a servant of the family then the Everard family will protect them as one of their own, but they don’t go around saving random Aberrants. For years the head of the household has taken the guise of the Raven, an Aberrant working for the government not unlike a bounty hunter who only captures and/or kills Aberrants who commit crimes. So far there has been no public connection made between the Everards and the Raven.

Now to Magnus himself. Magnus Everard is the first of his name and is the only potential heir of Malak and Charolette Everard. At the age of five Magnus, in true Everard tradition, was forced through a training regiment and lessons on nobility that would one day make him fit to act as the Raven as well as the future heir of the Everard house. This training left him with the skills necessary of his future roles, but also with many scars both emotionally and physically. Due to the nature of his upbringing, Magnus became prone to shutting himself off from the rest of the world until he became required to step out into the open by his role of heir or vigilante.

As far as family and friends goes, he maintains a good relationship with his parents as well as his personal servants. He also has a few friends in the form of some of the more intellectual future heirs in the noble world as well as a few contacts he regularly interacts with, but for the large part when he isn’t representing his family in some way he is usually found in his room.

Hey, is it too late to join?

Name:
Magnus Everard
Personality: Not much is known of the young noble amongst the higher part of society, although many credit him for his charming charisma and good natured humor. Within the Everard household however, he is known as a social recluse, inclined to shut himself in his room and read his concerns away. In the few remaining pursuits he still finds meaningful however, he is willing to escape the comfort of the darkness of his abode and pursue his aims with a stubbornness.
Appearance: Magnus is known for his roguish black hair and light emerald eyes. His tanned skin - thanks to genetics and less so actual exposure to sunlight - accentuates his well defined cheeks and jaw. His arms and chest bear rather severe scaring due to vigorous training and near death encounters. He stands at 6’3” and is fairly slender with enough muscle to deliver a heavy punch. When in the public eye he bears the signature Everard black and silver upon a formal tunic worthy of a noble heir, his family’s crest of a silver raven proudly portrayed on his chest. In the night and out of the public eye, Magnus elects for a far more covert garb comprised of a skin tight black shirt and form fitting leggings that gave plenty of space for movement. This rather theifish looking get up is covered by a black hooded cloak (although he rarely wears the hood) and half his face adorned by a midnight colored mask - think phantom of the opera.
Power: He thrives in the shadows and darkness, harnessing the power of the unlit corners of both day and night. (Gonna skip on the specifics in order to be spooky like)
Weapons: Dual flintlock pistols, his cherished crossbow, and a bunch of concealed throwing knives in rather interesting places.
Other: He likes stargazing, must be due to his affinity for the night.
Backstory: The Everard family has been apart of the nobility since before living memory, possessing influences over numerous parts of Pless. Besides their age old insistence to only wear black and silver, they are seen as one of the more powerful noble families. However, outside of the public eye, the Everards have a strong Aberrant lineage, and all Everard males possess the same affinity and control over shadows and darkness. Due to wanting to keep this a secret, the Everards only hire Aberrant servants in order to keep things quite.

The Everard family controls a good portion of land in the main city that’s near the major keeps. They also possess much land in more rural areas in which they use the land for farming and mining.

The Everard family is more... Everard friendly than an actual ally of Aberrants. Sure, if one becomes a servant of the family then the Everard family will protect them as one of their own, but they don’t go around saving random Aberrants. For years the head of the household has taken the guise of the Raven, an Aberrant working for the government not unlike a bounty hunter who only captures and/or kills Aberrants who commit crimes. So far there has been no public connection made between the Everards and the Raven.

Now to Magnus himself. Magnus Everard is the first of his name and is the only potential heir of Malak and Charolette Everard. At the age of five Magnus, in true Everard tradition, was forced through a training regiment and lessons on nobility that would one day make him fit to act as the Raven as well as the future heir of the Everard house. This training left him with the skills necessary of his future roles, but also with many scars both emotionally and physically. Due to the nature of his upbringing, Magnus became prone to shutting himself off from the rest of the world until he became required to step out into the open by his role of heir or vigilante.

As far as family and friends goes, he maintains a good relationship with his parents as well as his personal servants. He also has a few friends in the form of some of the more intellectual future heirs in the noble world as well as a few contacts he regularly interacts with, but for the large part when he isn’t representing his family in some way he is usually found in his room.
Amazing! You're accepted! :)
@CrazyCoolKid whomst is this stargazer you speaketh of?
You'll find out very soon...
“Hey kid, I know where Neta is I just slept with her.”
Bruh I'm dead :D

I have a very long post coming up, so if it's taking me a long time to respond at some point, that's why. Also, second character:

Name: Claro Gath
Personality: Cunning but arrogant, he prefers to take care of things himself rather than leave it to his subordinates. As a high-ranking member of the Blood Knight, Claro appears poised and confident in battle, despite the fact that he has violent tendencies and enjoys seeing his enemies suffer.
Appearance: Though he is male, he has long, dark purple hair and brown eyes. A large man at 6'5," he has a knightly appearance, wearing a breastplate and gauntlets. Claro dresses much more lightly below the waist, with thick brown boots and pants of the same color. He wears a short cape, which may suggest that he is of a higher status, but there are no identifying symbols on any part of his body because he maintains the secrecy of the Blood Knight.
Power: He can amplify the sound of his voice to shatter glass, blow his opponents back with sound waves or stop them in their tracks, leaving them open to attack. Claro can also burst eardrums with his voice, but it requires concentration to generate that much power, so he would have to stand still.
Weapons: Sword, flaming arrows.
Other: I made a bio for him instead of treating him like an NPC because he will have important dialogue, but his whereabouts will not be known at all times in the RP. So, anytime his presence and dialogue isn't crucial to the events of the RP, he's basically an NPC. Neta is still my main character, who discovered that she enjoys stargazing when she slept with Parker and Clayton last night.
Backstory: Fourteen years ago, he captained the soldiers who seized the Briarwood residence. At the time of the mission, he was an ordinary soldier who had not yet awakened his power, but he would do so shortly afterwards. Pless wanted to dispose of him, but as the captain of the unit that apprehended Dr. Briarwood and a key witness to the events that unfolded, Claro was too useful. As an Aberrant within the Blood Knight's ranks, he is an interesting character, but he needs to make progress on the Briarwood case or his usefulness will run out. His goal is to capture Neta alive.

Last edited:
Chase suddenly wakes up, hearing a girl's voice. He says, "Hey, have you seen a girl named Neta around here? I have something I need to say to her."
He waits for an answer to come out of her mouth.
Is this Neta you're talking to, or just an NPC girl? If it's the latter, you'd have to answer for her. If it's Neta, then you're teleporting all over the place. You were just asleep in an inn a minute ago, which should be farther away from where we are, so you wouldn't be able to hear Neta's voice, wake up and suddenly be in front of her.

Also in your previous post you stopped by the inn and asked if you could stay the night when if you read our posts you'd know that it was past three in the morning. The innkeeper would be asleep by then and the doors would be locked, but I let that slide because there are ways of writing around it. Like, you could've banged on the door really loud and the innkeeper woke up with a candle to light her way down the stairs and let you in, reluctantly.

In the future please be more consistent with everyone else's posts. Pay attention to time and distance. Don't warp from point A to point B, and use common sense as not many places are open in the middle of the night. But you would have to write around it rather than having me do it for you.

Consistency goes under the "follow all Pokécharms rules" requirement of this RP. You'll find it in "General Role Play Rules" in the General Role Play board, but I've also quoted it below. Please go back and read the Pokécharms rules carefully.
Continuity matters - "I could have sworn that table was on the left side five seconds ago."

When you write an RP post, you are writing a story in collaboration with several other people. As such it is extremely important to be mindful of your surroundings and of the actions of other characters to keep a solid, flowing continuity and avoid general confusion. Simply put: we don't want rooms spontaneously shifting into forests or characters randomly shifting appearance/locations because someone got too lazy to read other people's posts.

Last edited: