• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Power Item IV Breeding with Both Parents: Need Help with Confirmation!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Alright, I'm finally asking for help with this one. I want clear answers and as of now, most of the big Pokemon sites don't have 'em.

Some websites are saying that having one parent hold a Power Item for IV breeding will pass it along 50% of the time. Obviously after doing this ourselves, that ain't true. It's 100%. I've never had anything less than 100% accuracy, so I highly doubt it's just my good luck.

However, it seems if you have both parents hold Power Items then that 100% rate drops drastically - if not makes it null and void entirely. I attempted this myself when Slowpoke breeding and a high number of the babies didn't have either 31 IVs from the parents. Actually, in that batch I'm not sure if any of them did. Either holding two power items makes the rate 50% (like people were saying), or it just doesn't work at all and you might as well be holding nothing.

This is what I'd like confirmed, especially for our Game Mechanics page. I'd rather not add my personal experiences on the page experimentally, but making people believe they can breed on both IVs 100% of the time is definitely misleading. Maybe I had a glitch going on or something, but somehow I doubt it.

If anyone has attempted this themselves or actually knows the correct answer, do share. All help is appreciated.