• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Possible Hoenn RP Discussion?

Hi there everyone. This is the discussion forum of the RP I'm planning to make. Here is the basis for the RP:

Dear Trainer,

Hi there! My name is Professor Birch. I am in desperate need to fill up my invention; the Pokedex. I have contacted you because you are one of the few trainers I have selected to help me with this difficult task. Please come as soon as you can to get your starter Pokemon, and your equipment.

Sincerely,
Professor Birch

Here are the rules:

1. Follow the basic RP rules, I don't want this RP to be locked
2. Minimal swearing
3. Minimal violence
4. No legendaries, fakemon, and keep shiny-finding to a minimum (There supposed to be RARE so keep it that way)
5. No one-liners, each post must be at least three lines
6. For your starter, you can pick any basic Pokemon that has at least one evolution
7. Whenever you capture/obtain a new Pokemon, at the end of the post write down the information, for example:

Species:
Nickname:
Level:
Current Moveset:

Here's your form:

Name:
Home Region/Town:
Height:
Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:
Musculature:
Clothing:
Personality:
Skills:
Family:
Starter:

Here's mine:

Name: Kene Salice
Home Region/Town: Snowbelle City, Sinnoh Region
Height: 5'7
Weight: 130 lbs
Eyes: Crystal Blue
Hair: Spiked up, Silver-White
Musculature: Skinny, but still muscular
Clothing: He usually is seen wearing a white button down shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. To compliment this he wears gray slacks and white athletic shoes, so he can keep his athletic side visible.
Personality: At first, he may seem a little shy and unwilling, but the more he gets to know you the more he opens up. When he does, he becomes very outgoing and protecting, and he would become willing to do anything for you, but sometimes it can go to far.
Skills: Climbing, Running, Strategic,
Family: Korianna Salice (Sister), Marianna Salice (Mother), Damian Salice (Father)
Starter: Riolu

Last edited:
Hi there!
I'd be interested in it if you'd be okay to have me on board, (just a note, this would be my first rp on this site, but I do have prior rp experience)

Name: Alec Doveis
Home Region/Town: Pewter City, Kanto Region
Height: 5'10
Weight: 142lbs
Eyes: Dark Green
Hair: Brown, Short and Wavy
Musculature: Toned, but not overly muscular
Clothing: Grey leather jacket with a white shirt underneath, he also wears black jeans coupled with dark navy blue running shoes, just for comfort, not much for exercise.
Personality: Intelligent, opinionated and overall quite annoying to be around, summarily he can be a bit of a smart-ass. But if you can see past it he is genuinely a pretty nice guy, and if he gets to know you and starts to care about you he will show a softer side that you had no idea existed.
Skills: Good with logical puzzles and debates, and making himself seem smarter/stronger than he actually is
Family: Hanna Doveis (Mother) Eric Doveis (Father, Deceased)

Starter: Ponyta
Nickname: None
Level: 16
Current Moveset:
Flame Wheel, Stomp, Ember, Agility

Last edited:
Name: Luis Diamonds
Home Region/Town: Opelucid City, Unova Region
Height: 5'4
Weight: 118 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Messy, black
Musculature: Skinny, and athletic
Clothing: He wears a black jacket and white t-shirt with a Zorua, brown shorts and white shoes.
Personality: At first he doesn't seem to be friendly but rather intimidating, but if you open up to him. He becomes friendly and nice. He doesn't like seeing someone getting hurt or being sad, he is very cheerful and he always looks up.
Skills: Cooking, playing.
Family: Arianne Diamonds (Mother)
Starter: Deino (If okay)

Last edited:
Since I've alsready made a form for my character, I'll just use that one. It covers just about everything, I think.

Name:
Kaia Brizzi
Hometown: Coumarine City, Kalos region
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 107 lbs.
Hair: light brown, halfway down to the middle of her back, slightly wavy, no specific part, bangs
Eyes: light brown
Clothing: Yes. (This is not stolen, by the way. I made this outfit specifically for her on Polyvore.)
Identifying Marks: Well, not much of her is shown, but there aren't any special marks anywhere on her body, anyway.
Musculature: The average female amount of muscle.
Personality: Very reserved for a Trainer, Kaia is a mute, never one to utter even the smallest noises. With a bandage wrapped around not only her mouth, but her feet as well, she cares very much for only a select few, including her Pokemon team and a person or two.
Skills: She is very intelligent when it comes to things that don't really matter to her, like algebra and the human body.
Past: Kaia doesn't have much of a past. At least, not much of an interesting one. Born and raised in Coumarine, she was very slow when it came to talking. Her parents were overly-excited when she said her first word, but highly disappointed with what it turned out to be: no. Ever since then, those 14 years ago, the girl had never uttered another peep, nothing that even vaguely resembled a word or even a sound, for that matter.
Family: Kenneth (father), Kathleen (mother), Killian and Keegan (younger brothers)
Love Relationships?:
Aw, h*ll no. I mean, that's what she usually says about the prospect of love, but deep in her mind, she knows she wouldn't really mind a relationship.

Species: Pawinard
Nickname: Brax
Ability: Pressure
Level: 7
Current Moveset: Pursuit, Scratch, Leer, Quick Guard
Special Features: Each blade on his body is covered by bandages.

Name: Kathleen or lee
Home region/town: kantos/ born on a mountain farm
weight: 83 pounds
Eyes: blue
Hair: short, brown hair that covers her eyes
Musculature: slightly muscular
Clothing: green t-shirt, blue jeans, black shoes, and an oversized brown hoodie
Personality: shy with new people but will become more freindly after she gets to know her.
Skills: good with plants, good at climing, and great at chemistry.
Family: Henry (twin brother), Garoth (father), Heather (mother).
Starter: skiddo (aka hunter)

Name: Jack Devlin
Home Region/Town: Ecruteak City, Johto
Weight: 118 lb
Eyes: Dark Yellow
Hair: Messy Black
Musculature: Normal Build for his age
Clothing: Wears a Grey Sleeveless shirt with the number "13" on it and Black Shorts down to his knees
Personality: Jack is a Like-able guy but when his friends are in danger he always steps in to help, But... Jack can get very very angry at times
Skills: He is a Strategist at heart and is great with Battling (Trained by his Father)
Family: He has 1 sister and 3 brothers and his mother is a Gardener and his father is a gym leader
starter
Species: Treecko
Nickname: Leaf
Level: 5
Current Moveset: Leer, Pound, Absorb

I hope I can still join:

Name: Derrick Laxis
Home Region/Town: Lavaridge Town, Hoenn Region
Height: 5'8
Weight: 145 lbs
Eyes: Emerald eyes
Hair: Bkack hair, shaved down to a buzz-cut
Skin (Cosmetic Effect): Chocolate brown
Musculature: Beefy, Athletic
Clothing: He is usually seem wearing a green athletic skin-tight shirt, and camo pants tucked into combat boots.
Personality: Tough, Loyal, Unforgiving, Unbroken, Suspicious, Cautious
Past (I know I don't have to post this, but I still want to): He grew up in Lavaridge, with his single father. Often he and his father went to the nearby desert to train, Pokemon battling and surviving alike. His father was a natural warrior, he had that killer instinct, vigor, and attitude of one. He viewed Pokemon as tools, and taught his son, Derrick, that too. He trained Derrick in many things such as tracking, setting fires, hand-to-hand combat, etc. Derrick had always felt pressured by hid father, in fear of falling short of his expectations or worse. In turn, Derrick has formed this no-fun all-business sort of attitude (And maybe later on in the story, he could get past this). His father sent him to Littleroot town to go on a journey, and put all of his skills to the test.
Skills: Tracking, Setting Fires, Forming Strategies, Hand-to-Hand Combat, Climbing, Running, Swimming, Leading
Family: Alec Laxis
Starter: Cranidos

Species: Cranidos
Nickname: Rampant
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
Current Moveset: Leer, Headbutt

Name: Crystal Malice
Home Region/Town: Azalea Town
Height: 5'1
Weight: 144
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark brown
Musculature: Average for someone of her age.
Clothing: She sports a teal shirt with a brown studded belt and matching teal headband. She also wears light blue bell bottom jeans, brown moccasins, and a silver peace sign necklace.
Personality: Easygoing, bold, and brave though she knows when its time to run. Crystal can also be quite stubborn.
Skills: Hand to hand combat, swimming, survival skills.
Family: Tony (father), Mindy (mother), Kai (younger brother, 16)
Starter: Purrloin (Milo)

I honestly think this is the most thought I've ever put into an RP character of mine. Atleast, for now.

Name: Kalim Patrikos
Home Region/Town: Johto, Blackthorn City
Height: 6'0
Weight: 190
Eyes: Icey Blue(L), Emerald Green(R)
Hair: Raven-black hair.
Musculature: Average all around.
Clothing: Green and black shoes with dark blue jeans. White sleeveless shirt under a green open jacket (similar to Ash's). Black fingerless gloves and a green hat with a fully-black Pokeball on it. Necklace with a Pokeball on the end of it.
Skin Color (I feel a need to bring this up.): Dark skin tone.
Personality: He has a fatherly attitude to those he cares about. No matter the situation, he always puts his friends and his Pokemon above himself.
Skills: Hailing from Blackthorn City in Johto, he has a natural ability to train Dragon Pokemon. He knows almost everything about every kind of Dragon Type. His mother being a natural cook, Kalim soon picked up on how to do it himself. Over the years, he's mastered the art of cooking.
Family: Callus Patrikos (Father, Deceased), Hannah Patrikos (Mother), Jane Patrikos (Older Sister), Samara Patrikos (Younger Sister).
Starter: Noibat

Name: Mya
Home Region/Town: Verdanturf Town
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 137 lbs
Eyes: Red eyes (caused by little or no melanin in the front or back layer of the iris)
Hair: Wavy hair that goes to about her stomach that is black with green highlights.
Musculature: Mya is very lean.
Clothing: Wears a black t-shirt with blue jeans and a red jacket on top. Mya carries around a black bag with all of her items in it.
Personality: Mya can be selfish and self-centered but she sometime cares about others when they are in danger. She can be a coward at sometimes but will help if she is needed although she rather not.
Skills: Track and Field, Studies, Eating, Sleeping, Combat
Family: Mya has an older brother and younger sister that are 18 and 7 respectively. Her brother is on a journey right now in the Unova Region.
Starter: Slakoth

Name: Portia Paternoster
Home Region/Town: Lumiose City, Kalos
Family:
Fiacre Paternoster - Father, 39 - Affluent fashion mogul and touted as one of Lumiose's most prominent designers.
Anastasia Paternoster - Mother, 36 [deceased]​
Appearance:
Height: 5' 3" (64 inches)
Weight: 106 lbs
Eye Color: Amber
Hair: Layered and grown out long with wavy ends touching the bottom of her spine. A musty brown color with right-swept bangs and bleached sections that may have been dyed vibrantly before.
Complexion: Porcelain-white
Musculature: Practically non-existent. Incredibly spare, though long-legged.
Clothing: Dresses primly in white or muted colors and long, lacy dresses and skirts. Her outfits are put together very routinely and oftentimes she wears the same outfits on rotation: the "fancy" outfit with the blouse and sarcoline, yoke-waist skirt; the "casual" outfit with the frilly sundress and wide-brimmed hat; the "travel" outfit with the cream-colored summer dress and matching headband.
Brief Bio: ((For added context.))
Portia was a highly promising novice on the Training scene back in her home region; from a high standard of living, with a recognizable surname and having an equal part unflinching and plucky personality, she gathered herself a bit of a following, and after a televised curb stomp battle against Leader Viola for the Bug Badge, she won media attention as well. Being a Pokemon Trainer came second to general education for her, however, and she only pulled away from studying in Lumiose on comparatively rare occasions. The decision to prioritize learning over Training did make her a rarity amidst Kalosian youth which earned her greater sympathy from onlooking fans.

Tragically, Portia and her family fell victim to the Flare threat terrorizing the Kalos region at the time, a red-decked, well-dressed group adamant in provoking anarchy in any malicious manner. What was intended to be a stick-up of the Stone Emporium spilled out into the streets as Flare grunts turned desperate and violent. Law officials met their force with equal force, leading to a Flare Blitz demolishing part of the road. The limo racing up Vernal Avenue realized the demolition too late, collided with the ripped-up asphalt and flipped, leaving the Paternosters and hired driver inside. Paramedics wrestled through the traffic build-up induced by the accident, but by the time they were able to wrench the Paternosters from the wreckage, it was revealed Anastasia Paternoster had died, along with the driver, Fiacre had maintained several injuries and Portia had received sincere brain damage.

Current day: Therapy over the course of a year has been highly beneficial for Portia Paternoser but the wreck has left her permanently debilitated. It has been deduced that she will suffer anterograde amnesia for the remainder of her life, a dismal fate but not an unmanageable. one Portia has convinced her father she is capable of moving forward despite the constant memory loss and he refuses to enclose her a city she has gradually come to loathe anyhow. Though doctors determined returning to her studies was not yet an option, there was another way of giving Portia a means of living again, particularly, as Fiacre learned from harping friends in the researching field, the Hoenn Pokedex-completion program opened to a variety of Trainers by Professor Birch. Fiacre contacted Birch immediately, beginning with a financial bribe before launching into an explanation of his daughter's disposition, and as a empathizing father, Birch felt compelled to comply to Mr. Paternoster's request. Hence, Portia has come to Hoenn.

Personality: Modest, often silent unless spoken to. Naturally observant—not that it matters much anymore—and often has her eyes set on the distance with a glazed-over, half-inquisitive, half-dispassionate expression painted on her face. She has a penchant for meandering around and away to quiet places without counselors and supervisors breathing down her neck. Capable of one-on-one conversation but quickly becomes anxious when at the heart of a group or a crowd. Her old, intrepid self has gone through a humongous renovation but more or less remains within her, albeit limited.

Skills: Undeniably a talented Trainer and scholar at her prime and can naturally recall the procedural techniques she adapted years ago. Also possesses a strong sense of justice and appreciation of personal freedom and fair treatment.

Weaknesses: Anterograde amnesia means she relies on declarative memory, so she struggles significantly to learn new things and can never remember details like what she's recently eaten, even where she's recently been. Being emotional and feeling deeply devastated whenever faced with miserable failure can lead to her entering a very morose and unproductive state.

Starter: Abra; Playfully nicknamed "Memo" by the Professor, and he answers to the name, though Portia only refers to him by his species name as it is easier to recall. Memo was bred specifically to service his Trainer as a mind-reader, being able to file through the short-term memories Portia would be unable to recollect, and as a domestically-bred Abra, he is not inhibited by an 18-hour downtime at the expense of some psychic strength. Plenty of service Abra exist, Memo technically being one of them, but also being capable of conducting battle for Portia's benefit so that he can function as a true starter. Therefore, he lacks the brown body brace forced onto the majority of the Psi Pokemon which limit their telekinesis in order to protect them and the people surrounding them. Knows Teleport, Confide, Psyshock and Charge Beam.

Last edited by a moderator: