• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Porygon-Z

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Porygon-Z@Focus Sash/Wise Glasses
Nature Timid (maybe Modest... I haven't bred it yet)
Ability: Adaptability

Tri Attack (240 power after all the math o.O)
Hyper Beam (450 power after all the math)
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Thunderbolt and Ice beam combined, as Plapti said to me, offer Neutral coverage on any type, so it is only Natural that they be there.
Tri Attack will still be more powerful than them, unless either I'm fighting something that has a 4x weakness to them, or Tri Attack is ineffective AND one of them is super effective, so I likely won't use them much anyway.

Tri-Attack.... besides the 240 power, there is a 10% chance of inflicting any of three status effects should my opponent live. Need I say more?

Hyper Beam, I know is thoroughly frowned upon... I intend to use it in the same way most people use Explosion, and not much more. even if it is ineffective, it will have almost the same power as Explosion, in fact. I've also got it to pair with the Focus sash, in the event I come up against another sweeper, etc... anything that poses a threat of being faster, or surviving and doing good damage to me.
I'm sure there are other attacks I can use, but I've already got neutral coverage at the least, and a super-powered Tri-Attack, so I doubt I would ever even use the fourth slot attack.

Tri Attack (240 power after all the math o.O)
Hyper Beam (450 power after all the math)
Wow. O.O

Suggested:

Porygon Z-Wise Glasses
Modest
Adaptability

Tri Attack-Awsome stength and STAB(As shown in you calculations.)
Hyper Beam-Same as Above
Nasty Plot/Psychic-Ups Sp. Atk/Covers Fighting types
Charge Beam/Dark Pulse-Deals Minor Damage and may up Sp. Atk/Filler

I don't know about this. You are pretty good at this.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
You telling me to use dark pulse made me remember... I can't hit ghost types with Tri-Attack or Hyper Beam... ;D

if I get rid of an attack for Nasty Plot, there is a good chance it will be hyper beam... I don't trust it to stay alive for more than two attacks... but if I give it Focus Sash, it will for at least one [in the event it's slower, two attacks aren't likely]

I'll definitely think about giving it Dark Pulse... I'd probably pick it over nasty plot, but I'm not sure...
Since none of them are egg moves, I can just shuffle them around as a please, really.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
This is the set my friend runs for his Porygon-Z:

Porygon-Z @ Salac Berry
Download (Adaptability is probably better)
Modest

- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot

From personal experience with Nasty Plot (both used by and against me), I can safely say it is one of the most evil moves ever to grace the Pokemon game. I highly recommend sticking it on your moveset.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I worry about not having the turn to actually use nasty Plot.... but as I told Shado, I'll think about it, probably even try it too since none of those are egg moves or irreplaceable TMs