• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Porto Journeys

Heroes aren't born, and they aren't made. A hero rises in a time of need, when no one else can oppose a threat. Throughout history, there have been many of these heroes, whether they become one intentionally or not, they still stop evil from wrecking havoc. Heroes like Red of Pallet Town, thwarting Team Rocket nearly 20 years ago. Gold of New Bark Town, stopping Team Rocket from rising back up. Ruby and Sapphire of Littleroot Town stopping a full out war of Pokemon, and Men. Diamond of Twinleaf Town, alongside Pearl, stopping basically the end of everything.
These unlikely heroes came out on top, and in their own ways, met each other.
15 years ago, they set out on a journey, leaving behind the homes and regions they'd come to know.
Kanto and Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola. They made their memories, had their fun, and in the end, they all came together, to discuss what was next.
So they collected their friends, and those close, with their best Pokemon, and set off into uncharted seas. They disappeared.
As the years passed, they went down as legends, until one fateful day, when they sailed into Hoenn from the sea.
They'd discovered a new region, and intended to create a new region out of it. This region was far superior in size to any of the other previous regions, nearly three times the size of both Kanto and Johto.
10 years ago, the region of Porto was founded. It was quickly industrialized, but almost all of the island remains a mystery.

"Welcome to the Porto Region!" The ship's Captain yelled back at you and the other Trainers and whatnot on board with you. The massive region sprawled out before you in all it's glory, untamed glory. The first stop, is Plank City, the smallest city in Porto, but definitely putting places like Saffron City to shame. In Plank City, rumor had it that the new Pokemon Professor there (Professor Fig), would be meeting in the City with Professor Oak. Not the old man (sadly, he'd passed away several years ago), but his grandson, Blue, who had taken up the position as a Pokemon Professor.
So, who are you?
Name:
Appearance:
Personality (Optional):
Biography (Optional):
Pokemon Team (Only 1-2, must be level 5-15):
Now that you've established yourself, the ship comes to a stop at the docks of Plank City.
And an adventure begins.

RP will be up once we have at minimum three players (not including myself).

First! Now, here's to hoping my character suits your fancy. Here we go!

Name: Nora Rothberg
Appearance: Nora is a rather muscular woman, roughly 5’7” ( 174 cm ) tall and weighing a little over 158 pounds. (72 kg ). Due to her occupation her natural, fair white skin is perpetually tanned. She has friendly and lively, amber-colored eyes and dusty black hair styled into a bobcut, reaching a few inches below the nape of her neck.
She wears a dark-brown tanktop, but also has a faded grey, long-sleeve shirt wrapped around her waist with the sleeves tied together. Nora’s pants are nearly the same color as her shirt, but a few shades darker. Her pants have both knee- and shin guards attached to it, to protect her legs. The same goes for her metal-nosed work boots.
Along with the shirt around her waist, she also wears some form of utility belt as a replacement for a backpack. This belt has a few small- to medium-sized bags as well as six slots for her Pokéballs.
Lastly, she wears two things around her neck. The first being a pair of old and beaten-up dust goggles. The second being a red scarf. Nora uses these two combined to protect her facial area from the dust that often hangs around her workplace.

Personality (Optional): Nora is very much an open book, once you get to know her it’s remarkably easy to see what she likes and what she dislikes. She’s tends to place honestly above all else and thinks proper communication and trust are the most important aspects to any type of relationship, be it lovers, friends or just co-workers. This isn’t always a good thing though. While it is undoubtedly pleasant to have someone around who places being truthful above all else, it can also become a problem when it’s taken too far. Nora can be brutally honest at times, which has caused some hurt feelings in the past. She doesn’t mean to hurt anyone, however. In fact, she’s probably one of the kinder, more supportive individuals you’ll come across, even if she can be a bit blunt.

Nora is an archeologist and, needless to say, is fascinated with everything ancient. History and exploration are two of her biggest passions, and as such one of the best ways to become friends with her is traveling together, exploring the mysteries of the world around you. There is however one thing she will always put above her other passions, and that is Pokémon, Psychic-Types to be exact. That particular type is just infinitely more fascinating to her than any other type and is the main reason her current team consists of nothing but Psychic-Types.

Biography (Optional): Nora never really set out to become a Pokémon Trainer in the first place. It wasn’t until she was around the age of twenty ( 20 ) that a Pokémon, more or less, chose her. She had been working with a small team of archeologists to determine whether or not a rather unusual rock formation found within the Oreburgh Mine was in fact a fossil or just, well, unusual. It turned out to be a fossil, but when it was removed from the rock it caused the mineshaft to cave in, separating Nora from her co-workers. Wandering around in the dark tunnels she eventually heard a sound, almost like a bell.

Thinking it had to be someone that was looking for her she followed after the sound and it guided her through the tunnels until she eventually reached an exit. Walking out into the light of day she looked around, wanting to thank her savior. Realizing there was nobody there she stood around, confused about who or what had guided her, until she heard the same familiar ring. Turning around she found herself eye-to-eye with her savior, a Chimecho. The Pokémon had guided her out of the tunnels and from that day forth they were impossible to separate.

Chimecho was her exploration partner and together they eventually started longing to travel the world, searching for forgotten ruins and mysterious caves. Their first target? The Porto Region. A vast, untamed and unexplored region was like a dream come true. So, together with her Chimecho, Jiku, and her recently befriended Elgyem, Ebaster, she set out to uncover the ancient mysteries of the Porto Region.
Nickname: Jiku
Species: Chimecho, the Wind Chime Pokémon
Typing: Psychic
Physical Appearance: Standard, no oddities
Nature: Bold
Personality: Jiku is pretty much the ‘tour-guide’ for Nora and her team. She helps Nora get back on track when she gets sidetracked and loses her way, wherever she is. Be it an unexplored cavern or busy city. Jiku has a perfect sense of direction and often acts as Nora’s quote-unquote ‘map’. She does tend to lead the group in the wrong direction when she’s feeling mischievous, however.

Nickname: Ebaster
Species: Elgyem, the Cerebral Pokémon
Typing: Psychic
Physical Appearance: Standard, no oddities
Nature: Quiet
Personality: Ebaster is quiet and reserved most of the time, but also serves as the ‘brains of the operation’ when Nora isn’t in around. He prides himself in getting to know his fellow teammates very well, possibly better than Nora, and often helps out with battle tactics. Taking into account both the strengths and shortcomings of each individual teammate, Nora owes at least some of her wins solely to the guidance of Ebaster.

Last edited:
Alright! It's been a while since I participated in a PRP, let's do this!

Name: Jaelyn Miles
Appearance: Jaelyn has copper hair that she wears down, reaching just below her shoulders. Her eyes are bright blue and she has a band of freckles running across her face. She wears a pink short-sleeved jacket over a light blue button-down shirt, also short-sleeved. Jaelyn also wears jean shorts, knee-high orange socks, and a pair of brown boots. She never goes anywhere without her worn orange backpack, and her head is topped with a light blue beanie.
Personality: Very childish at times, but she knows when to drop it and be serious. She believes that loyalty is the number one policy and lives by that always, sometimes to a fault.
Biography: Ever since she was a child, she's wanted to meet Gold. Growing up in his hometown of New Bark Town, she had of course heard stories about him. How he challenged every Gym and didn't stop until he had become the Champion of Johto, and how even that didn't satisfy him and he challenged Kanto's Gyms and League as well, how he defeated Red at Mount Silver's peak and inspired him to return to Kanto. These stories caught her interest as a child, and still captivate her now. This may be in part because of her childish streak, but her fascination with the Champion has yet to fade.
When she encountered her partners, they were runaways that had been scavenging through her family's trash. Her father had talked of dealing with the problem himself, but Jaelyn didn't know how he would do it. He often dealt with things forcefully, and she didn't know what method he would use to get rid of the pests. So, one night, Jaelyn snuck out, a baggie of Pokemon food in hand. The Pokemon were a Cyndaquil and a Houndour. Instantly, Jaelyn bonded with the fiery duo. She had heard from Professor Elm that a Cyndaquil had disappeared from the lab recently and checked to see if this was the one. He verified that it was, but saw that the girl had become friends with it and gave her its Pokeball and another one to capture the Houndour. She then began dreaming about journeying with her friends and saved up for years. Finally, she was able to afford visiting a faraway region, and Jaelyn set her sights on Porto.
Pokemon Team: Cyndaquil(Alyx, F) and Houndour(Devan, M)

Name: Grayson (Gray) Livo
Appearance: Grayson is slightly smaller than the average 13 year old male, he stands at 5'0 and is fairly muscled. His skin is clean and shiny with a sun-kissed coloring, as well as the tanned appearance; Gray has a scar from his left hip across his chest to his right shoulder, as well as one that spans from his right elbow to the wrist- which he claims he can't recall where it came from. Gray's eyes are a dull, stormy blue coloring with dark grey specs that swirl around like a depressed galaxy. His hair is also a dreary gray coloring, smokey with lighter highlights- it is trimmed cleanly and short spiked slightly at the top.
Personality: Grayson is in the simplest words; witty and egotistic. He is a quick thinker, very punctual and has a talent with his words. He is extremely clever in his deceptive ways and tends to get what he wants even though he doesn't really want anything more than amusement most of the time. He is an energetic and excitable person with an unfavorable lack of self-control, despite his astute ways he arrogant nature and rashness can get him into a considerable amount of trouble. Gray is extremely curious as well, he loves to learn new things- yet once he masters a skill he becomes quite cocky and his ego grows even more. In ways he is very capable of many things; due to his sharp-wits and adaptability;, yet his immaturity and ignorance tends to slow him down.
Biography: Grayson isn't one to talk about his past. Not much is known about him, he was born in the streets and raised there until he was about 9. Somewhere around that time his family suddenly became extremely rich, he refuses to say where the money came form or if he even knows, but he currently lives in a mansion with both his parents and his older sister.These days he is pampered and praised constantly, which is partly why he is such an ignorant character. Neither of his parents were much into pokemon, in fact they warned him of the dangers and refused to allow him to get a starter at the proper age of 10.
Pokemon Team: Eevee (Receives when RP starts)

I know this is irrelevant, but does anyone look at a pokemon, and just label it a gender by it's appearance? Because I've always labeled Pokemon like Gardevoir, Delphox, and Serperior as female, even though they can be either gender.

Also, accepted.

I'll make my own character sheet in time, and when I do, I'll also start the RP.
@Keybored @Cloudswift @9012_dirt Until then.

Name: Daniel Sikes
Appearance: Daniel has reached his full height of around 6'4", and weighing about 200 lbs. He has short, messy black hair, with large, dark eyebrows, and a deep set emerald green irises. He's rather toned, and prefers to wear tight and/or little clothing to show off his impressive physique. He has tanned, toned skin, and a scraggly beard he likes to keep a bit unkempt.
I'll come up with the Personality and Backstory as I go along. I've always been better at improvising than planning.
Pokemon Team: Noibat (LV-7 ♀), and Fennekin (LV-5 ♀)
(What's funny, is I basically made my own IRL father as my character, lol)

I know this is irrelevant, but does anyone look at a pokemon, and just label it a gender by it's appearance? Because I've always labeled Pokemon like Gardevoir, Delphox, and Serperior as female, even though they can be either gender.
All the time! Treecko always struck me as Male. XD

Jaelyn muttered something under her breath, then shouted after Devan, who had proceeded to run off of the boat and mingle with the crowd. The Trainer weaved through people like a high-school student might weave through a particularly crowded hallway, apologizing to people she managed to brush by. All the while, Alyx peeked out of her backpack and held on for dear life, squeaking in protest to the jostling around every now and then. Jaelyn was looking back and apologizing to a man with an Ambipom when she crashed into a man. Stumbling backwards, she caught herself before she fell and rubbed her nose. "Oh, my gosh," she said, "I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention, I'm sorry!"
Was that Daniel you were crashing into?

Name: Markus (Mark)
Appearance: Decently tall, but quite buff. He has black hair and wears a blue jacket. His pants are a dark blue.
Personality (Optional): He is the kinda guy to go full power at the start. Mark isn't the kind of person to easily forgive someone.
Biography (Optional): NA (Maybe revealed later)
Pokemon Team (Only 1-2, must be level 5-15): Timbur (11) Onix (12)

Name: Jake Ross
Apperance: Sliver hair, pale-ish skin, Yellow eyes, he is about 4'2, a bit muscular,wears a Thin Black Jacket, a white shirt, Black pants, a black fedora qith a white feather.
Personality: Very nice, a bit shy at times, Can be a but rude or Heartless at times
Biography: Will reveal later.
Pokemon: Litwick, Zubat.

Name: Euclides Levi
Hometown: Ecruteak City, Johto
Appearance: Euclides stands at 5'4, he is really thin due to his laziness and lack of effort. Euclides got a mixed skin color. Euclides got ferret brown eyes and black hair. Euclides wears a puke green sweater combined with a blue shoulder bag and a PokéGear attached to his wrist, he also got black cargo pants and brown sneakers with two little black details on the tip of the feet and on the heel. Euclides is usually wearing a cap with a dark green strip on it's middle, similar to Gold's and Ethan's cap.
Personality (Optional): Euclides is happy and hyperactive, he is always searching for something to do, he also got some talents on doing nothing useful, he is always in troubles, but still, he keeps up and faces the troubles, but sometimes he ends up a bit humilhated. Euclides loves foods like Pizza and Burgers and hates foods like crustaceans and fishes at all. His favorite type is fire, but still, he got no Fire Pokémon on his team, he says it's because they are rare, but it's just laziness
Biography (Optional): Euclides born in Ecruteak City, he grew up alongside his friend, Mark Wang, or just Mark for short (Sorry, Glaceon, I needed to place this name), both are different in many manners, but they're always around with eachother.

Euclides started his Pokémon adventure when he completed 10 years old, he went all the way to New Bark to get his starter, which was the Totodile, who is now a Croconaw. As the time passed, he noticed he had to catch another Pokémon, that's when he decided to hunt for one, during his search, he found a Pikachu with hair, and he caught it, in the beggining, she wasn't friendly, she was always mad and ignoring Euclides, but he managed to get her trust and go on.

Euclides started to battle against the GYM's when he hit 12 years old, he started with Falkner, like every Pokémon Trainer from Johto, he easily won, not even needing to switch between Pikachu and Totodile, he then headed to the next GYM, beating Busgy easily, this time, he had to switch between Pikachu and Totodile, but it was overally easy. His third GYM battle was against Whitney, Euclides calls her 'Pink-haired creep' due to her Miltank's strength, which made him NEARLY lose, but in the end, he managed to defeat it after his Totodile's evolution. Euclides then went for Morty, he feared that guy due to his 'Unknown personality', he was forced by Mark to battle against him, and he ended up winning with a Wild Charge made by his Pikachu.

Euclides saw a post on the streets of Ecruteak announcing a new region, its name was Porto, he was so interested in it that he forgot about everything, called Mark, prepared his things and went to the new region!

Species:
Pikachu
Nickname: Pikky
Special Features: Pikky somehow got bangs, the doctors say it's something in her genetic, but Euclides denies it and says it's just pure beauty. She uses her bangs to store her electricity and boost it even more, but she also cares really much about it, getting mad when a Pokémon touches it or messes it up. She carries a lot of things inside her hair, like cosmetics and some other things that Euclides' bag cannot carry.
Level: 14
Short backstory: Pikky was met during a trip, she didn't really like Euclides in the start, but she got used to him as the time passed.
Personality: Pikky is emotive, she gets angry easily and sometimes she decides to release all her bad feelings on Euclides with bolts or nuzzles. She battled many times but she stopped battling due to Euclides' trip to Porto. She is going to come back to the battlefields during the tourney inside the plane who is taking them to Plank City.
Ability: Static

Species:
Croconaw
Nickname: Potter
Special Features: N/A
Level: 15
Short backstory: Croconaw was Euclides' starter, he evolved during his battle against Whitney the third Johto leader, he managed to beat her Clefairy and Miltank, being able to beat Morty's team, but he couldn't battle against GYM's again due to Euclides' interest in going to Porto. He is going to come back to the battlefields during the tourney inside the plane which takes him and his friends to Plank City.
Personality: Easygoing and happy, Croconaw isn't like the rest of his species. He tends to help Pikky in everything, but who said she doesn't release her feelings on him?
Ability: Torrent

(There is still one to go, give me a rest! XD)

Last edited:
Name: Dak Rusta
Appearance: Dak stands at about 6'4" and 180 pounds. He is white with finely tanned skin. He has messy dirty blond hair with pale blue eyes. He is fairly lean with decently defined muscles. He typically wears navy blue dress pants and a white dress shirt, complete with a pair of black leather shoes and a black and blue striped tie. He carries his supplies in a brown leather satchel and has a silver watch
Personality (Optional): To be introduced in the RP
Biography (Optional): To be introduced in the RP
Pokemon Team:
Delphi - Ralts - Female - Lvl. 14

Shogun - Froakie - Male - Lvl 15

Name: Mick Tyler
Appearance: Mick has a medium build and stands at 5'9. He has dark brown eyes and brown hair brushed to the right. He likes to wear a white tee, navy jeans, and grey sneakers, with a black backpack usually slung over his shoulder.
Personality (Optional): Mick is extremely friendly and gets along well with others.
Biography (Optional): N/A
- Bruce I Seedot I Level 11 I Male
- Argo I Solosis I Level 9 I Male