• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Poliwrath

So I'm really liking my poliwrath
any opinions or chnages to my moveset though?
Poliwrath@Expert Belt
Damp
Hardy nature (is this any good, because I could just breed another, I'm not good with natures.)
Rain Dance
Waterfall
Brick Break
Earthquake

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Poliwrath@Wide Lens
Water Absorb
Quiet Nature
-Hypnosis
-Hydro Pump
-Mud Bomb
-Dynamic Punch

No, I wouldn't suggest using that. It's just really freaking fun to use XD
That's my Poliwrath's set, I just wanted to throw it out as an annoying option if you like luck XP

For your Poliwrath... if Rain Dance ever seems to conflict with the rest of your team, or you just want to try something unusual, throw Rock Tomb on in place of it.
Lowering your opponent's speed will help with Waterfall's flinch rate.. it's not very powerful, but it should really only be used to give you an edge on speed.

Bulk Up can go nicely as well, especially since Poliwrath's speed means he'll be taking a few hits.

The only other thing I've got... give him a Muscle band over expert belt, it boosts attacks that are super-effective by the same amount as Expert Belt does, only it also boosts your attacks when they're not super effective.