• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PokkenClub.com now open for business!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's taken us a few more days than originally planned to get everything 100% working for an official launch of the site, but PokkenClub.com is now officially open for business.

On the site right now you'll find the full move sets for every fighter in the game, as well as info on all the Support Sets and basic information on the game in our PokkenDex. We'll also be covering all the latest news on the game on the site as it comes along.

In the near future we'll be updating the site with even more info in the PokkenDex, including some advanced gameplay hints and tips and recommended combos for each fighter to really help you get fully to grips with your chosen main.

In the longer term we'll be continuing to work away at the backend of the site to be able to open up user registration and start building a brand new forum community on the site. In the meantime, you can obviously find all of us staff here on Pokecharms, as well as finding us and other likeminded players on the PokkenClub Facebook, Twitter and Reddit pages, where we'll be starting to build up a community for the site as we work on it.

We've got a lot of big plans for both PokkenClub and Pokecharms in the future, so hopefully for now you'll find PokkenClub an increasingly useful resource and in the future a welcoming community to chat with and organise fights and tournaments with other players.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The site looks awesome, Alex! I don't play Pokken myself but I'm really happy to see the site up and running ♥

(as an aside, would you guys ever have a section on avatar customization? :D)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
(as an aside, would you guys ever have a section on avatar customization? :D)

There'll be a page on it soon, but I'm still working out the best way to catalogue it given that it's such a visual thing and we don't presently have any direct assets from the game.

There'll be a lot more content on the PokkenDex in the next few weeks - most of what's currently there was either compiled before the game's release or shortly after so we've got a lot more to go on now.

Here's an idea if you guys (PokeCharms) would like to try: Maybe make the Avatar Customizer with a Pokemon fighter by the avatar's side just like how you have the Trainer Card Creator. But I'd say to keep the fighter selection how the game first starts (excluding Shadow Mewtwo as well since he's an Amiibo card). Care to give it a shot?

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Wait, I have a question, and maybe someone can answer it? Can we sign in with our Pokecharms account? Or will that be an option in the future?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Wait, I have a question, and maybe someone can answer it? Can we sign in with our Pokecharms account? Or will that be an option in the future?
From what I understand, the accounts will be completely separate, at least to start with – there'll be no direct connection between the two sites. This may change down the line, though – both myself and @Doctor Oak are interested in having the sites be more connected. :)

I have a question, would it be possible to set up tournaments on the new site? Like two tournaments per month that others could sign up for, even if it would be just for fun it would be pretty neat if that were possible.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I have a question, would it be possible to set up tournaments on the new site? Like two tournaments per month that others could sign up for, even if it would be just for fun it would be pretty neat if that were possible.

There will be a tournaments feature, yes. We'll also be running tournaments through the site ourselves (which we'll direct you to from here when we're there) both online and live in the UK.

Any direct connection between the sites is difficult as it stands because they both run entirely different pieces of software. What we will do is explore what those limits actually are and see if there isn't some compromise that can be arranged, but for now, while both sites are on different software you definitely won't be able to log in with a Pokecharms account.

You don't necessarily need to create a new account and password, though, as you can also log into PokkenClub using Facebook, Twitter or Google accounts when user registration opens.