• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokken Tournament Tournament 2016 - Battle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Pokkenbanner_zpsb3sohbn7.png

Let the games begin.

Before we start though, I will lay out the general rules first:

- The tournament rounds will be decided in best 2-out-of-3 matches. The player who beats their opponent in two full matches will move onto the next round.
- The losing players will enter a Loser's Bracket. Win there and you're back in the running; lose and you're out for good. The Loser's Bracket will be done until there are four players left.
- The final will be decided in a best 3-out-of-5 match instead. The winner of that will be declared the champion.

Rules within the battles themselves:

- All battles will take place in Ferrum Stadium.
- After a match, the losing player may change their battle Pokemon and their assists. The winner must use the same battle Pokemon and assists as in the first match. If the losing player then wins the next match, they are now locked into whatever battler/assists they used, and the other player may now change their battler/assist Pokemon. As I won't be able to watch what people are doing, I trust you all to enforce this one yourselves.

I think that's everything. If there's anything you think I've missed or any questions, feel free to raise them.

Now, for the first round:

Doctor Oak vs Tailon
EspeonTheBest vs Mr. RMA
Brendan Savem vs Galactasaur

ROUND 2

Mr. RMA vs Galactasaur
Tailon vs Brendan Savem

FINAL

Tailon vs Mr. RMA

Deadline is 25th July. There will be a separate deadline for the loser's bracket if needed.

Don't make me need it.

May the best player win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Galactasaur clotheslined me 2-0. We were doing it online however, and the stages were random. So we technically failed the Ferrum Stadium clause. Think everyone else is going to find the same thing though.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
If it doesn't let you choose which stage you play on then the result stands. If it does have an option of choosing a stage, then you're re-doing it.

And no, I'm not.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I've given Round 1 a deadline extension for all competitors.

August 1st is the new deadline for Doctor Oak, Tailon, RMA and EspeonTheBest.

Let me know if you have any problems. You can always PM me if there has been any issues meeting the deadlines.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Doctor Oak has had to forfeit, so Tailon is the winner of their match.

Still waiting for contact from RMA and EspeonTheBest.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Round 2 is up. Due to Doctor Oak and Espeon's forfeiture Brendan automatically qualifies from what would have been the loser's bracket.

Deadline is 19th August. As we now only have four players left there will be no losers brackets from this point onwards.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since it's safe to say that Galactasaur has gone to Worlds now and RMA has been in touch, so he will be going through to the final.

Final will be Tailon vs RMA, get it done as soon as you're able.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
It's OK, Worlds is more important.

The next tournament (which will be on Pokemon Showdown) is due to start soon, so Tailon, RMA, I'll need you to get your match done as soon as possible. Remember, it's best 3 out of 5.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Can confirm the heart-wrenching loss against Tai 2-3. Came down to the last single hit point. Good game indeed

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
...and with that Tailon is our Pokken Tournament Champion.

Hopefully Pokken will allow replays eventually, but I can't see it happening. A dream at best most likely.

Keep your eyes open for the next tournament, our last one before Sun and Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.