• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Poketropolis City Roleplay

Welcome to Poketropolis City a new city built on an island located West Coast of Kalos. The city was a project by Samuel Oak and Prof Kukui to help rookie trainers to study more about Pokemon. Poketropolis is divided into 6 sections :
1. Mareanie Town
- Corsola Beach
- Seaside Safari Zone
- Pokequarium / Water Science Facility
2. Flamerie Volcano Side Farm
- Fruity's Berry Farm
- Vespi's Honey Farm
- Flamerie Volcano
- Volcano Caves / Volcano Habitats
3. Inhore Forest
- Field Safari Zone
- International Pokemon Zoo
- Electricity Generator
- Forest Safari Zone
4. Poketropolis Academy
- Apartment Road
- Trainer Academy
- Pokemon Daycare
- Pokemart
- Poke Center
5. Frostone Mountain
- Snowy Safari Zone
- Breeze Cave / Kyurem Sightseeing
- Snowboarding and Skiing Cliffs
6. Tropical Islands
- Desert Safari Zone
- Highlands Safari Zone
- Island Petting Zoo
Rules :
1. Read the Pokecharms RP Rules
2. No swearing
3. Only have ONE Starter Pokemon
4. Starter must not be a Legendary
5. If you are shifting the main story to a different story please tell me and everyone else
How to Join and More Information here:
https://pokecharms.com/threads/poketropolis-city-roleplay-sign-ups.17109/#post-479850
Here is my form
Name : Jason
Trainer (Rookie, Experienced, Weak, Strong) : Experienced
Appearance : Blue Jacket, black T-shirt, Grey Jeans, kalos hat, tall and thin.
Peraonallity : Funny, cool, likes to make friends, interested in art and photography, taming wild pokemon for a hobby, a bit shy sometimes.
Dislikes : Caterpies, Weedles, Vegetables, Traitors, Brought Trainers, Liars
Home : Driftveil City of the Unova Region
Poketropolis Job (Student/Trainer, Breeder - Starter must be normal type, Nurse/Doctor - Starter is Chansey or Audino, Construction Worker - Must have Timber or Machop for starter, Officer - Choose upon these 3 pokemons for starter, Growlithe Lilipup or Bunnleby, Salesman/woman - Limited Access to NORMAL Pokeballs and Sandygast or Deerling for a Starter) : Student/Trainer
Starter Pokemon : Larvesta
Lvl : 5
Name : Volcania
Personallity : Jolly, Likes to make friends, Currious, Likes to eat, when alone she is alert to all sounds, a little Shy.
Bag Items (only 5 pokeball and a special type of ball NOT MASTERBALL) : 5 Pokeballs, 1 Net Ball, 1 Potion, 1 Thunderstone

IMPORTANT - Your Character can be a Pokemon or a Trainer so when you make a form just put down the Pokemon part if ypu want to be a Pokemon

This RP will start after there are enough Sign Ups

Last edited:
Each year, Trainers from all over the world begin thier adventure where they make new friends, discover new things, reveal the secrets of Pokemons. Jason a young trainer in Unova who has experienced many battles with Pokemon, he wishes to study more so he decided to go to a Pokemon Academy. He is at the Unova National Airport waiting for his flight to Poketropolis City located West Coast of the Kalos region, his companion Volcania a Larvesta hatched from an egg he recieved a few years ago. Right now they are waiting at the aiport for their flight "Today is the day, Today is the day I start to learn more about Pokemon at a real Academy, are you excited Volcania ???" Jason said, Volcania thrashed around happily after hearing that, she felt very excited . . . Attention All Passengers Our Flight To Poketropolis Have Been Delayed Because Of Weather Issues The Flight Will Take Off In 2 Hours . . ."Aww I guess we'll have to wait a little longer buddy" he said, Jason waited for a couple of minutes with Volcania then he noticed another trainer heading this way . . .

Sean just heard over the intercom that they'd be waiting another 2 hours for the flight to the Academy. "Well Needle," he said to the Cacnea that was sitting on his head. "It's a good thing we just showed up now." He said in a monotone voice. He saw a trainer with a Larvesta and immediately stopped and took a seat to the side. "No interactions for me."

Jason turned over and saw a Trainer and a Cacnea, "Hey . . . Friend are you here to go to Poketropolis too ???" Jason nervously asked, He noticed that there was a Cacnea next to the trainer "Wow . . . What kind of Pokemon is that it looks kinda like those Maractus we have here in Unova, my name is Jason by the way whats yours" Jason asked, the trainer's Cacnea was sitting still like him like it understands him, Jason felt even more nervous, Volcania looked at Jason feeling disappointed on how he is so unconfident about himself so she ran to the Cacnea and tried to make friends with it

Last edited:
Sean saw the trainer with the Larvesta making it's way over. He listened in that This person was unconfident in his speech as well. "Oh, ummm... hello. Yes, I am going to the academy." He said very shyly and quickly. "This is a Cacnea, his name is Needle, and my name is Sean." Cacnea saw the Larvesta coming towards it and was setting up to punch it. "No needle don't do that." Sean picked Needle up and set him on the other side. "Sorry, Needle likes to battle, not interact. Same as me I guess."

"Hehe I guess Needle should go to the Battle Room in the academy first when we make it there, Volcania here likes to make new friends, she's very friendly towards others but she really hate Corphishes and Claunchers, I dont really know why . . . I have a few Oran Berries do you want some and maybe give Needle some too" said Jason, he showed Sean the Oran Berries ... Attention All Passengers The Flight To Poketropolis City will take off in 30 Minutes . . . Jason handed over 4 Oran Berries to Sean and said " We should head on to the plane before it takes off, theres only 30 minutes left anyways, I'll see you on the plane" then he went on to the plane showing the flight attendant his Trainer Card and head to his seat, he tooked out his PokePlayer 3 and listened to some tunes

Last edited:
Sean took the Oran Berries from Jason. "Thanks... I guess." He then shoved them into Needles mouth, and Needle chewed them happily. Jason started walking toward the plane. "Guess we'll go to." Him and Needle began to walk to the plane. He showed the flight attendant his card without making eye contact, then boarded the plane. "I hope we don't get seated next to anyone terrible."

While everyone else back at the airport in Unova were waiting for their flight to the City of Poketropolis, a mysterious Pokémon was slowly arousing himself from his lengthy, routine slumber he had from yesterday's tranquil darkness. He emitted a quiet yawn along with the softly quivering leaves of the bush he was in, as his big eyes gazed over at the silent area that seemed to be vacant of other nearby life. He peeked out of the bush after the mane of bubbles on his body condensed back to normal size. Not a single Pokémon was seen within the distance, as he quietly hopped over to the next bush after catching a glimpse of a tall, slender figure.

He noticed that the peculiar figure was wearing a hard, yellowish hat and carrying an object that had a steel head with a claw-like protrusion on the back, as it was supported by a firm, wooden handle that had a graphite edge on the bottom. He saw the figure taking out a yellow, board-like object and using the other held object to write on the smooth, glossy paper.

He discretely embraced the soft blanket of rain that covered the entire forest, as he played with the puddles that formed from the precipitation of the tearing clouds. He saw the unknown figure headed off in the opposite direction of him after it appeared to be finished writing, as he gave off a sigh of relief and happily enjoyed the solitude the serene ambience had to offer despite the slight weather issues it had.

"It looks like we're sitting next to a pokemon breeder and a nurse . . ." said Jason looking at the list of people going to Poketropolis, he wondered if they can give him more information about Pokemons, Volcania was curious about everything so she went around the plane looking and searching for things, Jason didnt mind her since she needs to learn about human life too. Both Jason and Volcania decided to rest a little, Volcania was sleeping quietly while Jason was looking at the Pokemons out the window "Hmm should I raise a Lucario . . . They are strong, they can help me lift things like that one carrying the bags and luggages onto the plane, or should I get a Reuniclus its telekenisis and psychic powers can help me do alot of things like the one that is transferring fuel onto the plane, . . . z ... Z ... ZZZ" As he fell asleep while thinking.

The mysterious Pokémon noticed that all of the other Pokémon seemed to not be awake yet, as he quietly hopped over to a nearby pond and cautiously sniffed the surrounding air. It seemed to have a scent of pure, aseptic water vapor that slowly evaporated from the clean pond. He took another sniff while slowly hopping over towards the edge, as he nervously placed his hand on the surface of the relatively harmless aquatic area. There was a sensation of a mild temperature gradient within the entire pond, as he dipped his feet next and was soon diving down in the pond after getting himself comfortable with the ultraclean pool.

On his way down towards the bottom depth, he saw some seaweed that silently danced along with the gentle waves that rolled with the modest, overhead breeze. He also noticed a large, bluish claw that appeared to be wiggling out of the seaweed.

Before he could swim any closer, a Clauncher popped out of the seaweed! The Pokémon's breathing became rapid, as he uttered out several whimpers towards the Clauncher. The Clauncher heartily laughed and said, "Now why are you here trying to sneak around like that? Aren't you still supposed to be asleep in your little criby with your blanky on there froggy?"

The Pokémon's reply was but a silent shake on his trembling body, as the Clauncher waved his big claw and asked, "Ooh... so you're the silent type huh? Well just charade me this, why are you over here so early? There's hardly anyone up and it's still raining from last night!"

"I... I... I..."

"I what? Go on, I'm waiting. We can still talk until breakfast!"

"I... u- u- umm... u- u- u- uhh... we... ll... u- uh- uhh..."

"Umm and uhhs huh? You look like you're about to wet yourself or something, just take a second and think first before ya speak you silly baby!"

"I... w- wa- was... being... c- ch- chased..."

"Chased? Alright, we're getting somewhere... keep going, I'm listening while grabbing some more of this green stuff!"

"U- uhh... c- ca- can... I... ha... ve... a... b- br- br... eak..."

"Fine, I suppose that you can have a little break then. Just try to think things through before saying stuff... and by the way, care for some of these green things? I happen to love them for some reason while my other friends hate them."

"N- no... I- I'm... f- fi- fine..."

The Clauncher briefly lied on the sandy floor and quickly ate a blade of the seaweed he picked off, as the peculiar Pokémon sat at a considerable distance from the Clauncher. The Clauncher's left claw rose to the sight of the Pokémon placing his white, right hand in his mouth, as he continued to wolf down on the blade of seaweed. He saw the Pokémon eyeing over his big claw, as he patiently waited for the Pokémon to start speaking again while he devoured the other half of the blade.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
A girl with a White tee shirt and a lilac skirt with a violet bow in her short hair was feeling sick. Her name was Celeste Kenny and she had just gotten off a plane to get to Kalos from Hoenn and she was supposed to quickly hop onto a plane to Poketropolis. She was going because she was enrolled to an academy where she would study to be a nurse with her partner Happiny. Happiny was sleeping in Celeste's side bag, enjoying the perks of being small and a baby. Celeste was scared to go on the plane because of the sickness she was having when she heard the best news ever

"Attention All Passengers Our Flight To Poketropolis Have Been Delayed Because Of Weather Issues The Flight Will Take Off In 2 Hours . . ."
Celeste smiled. She had more time to be sick and get better.

Celeste showed her trainer card to a flight attendant she didn't know and took her seat. She was 1 seat behind a boy with a strange pokemon. It looked like a fire type but a bug type as well? It was an unusal type combination for her taste which was a reason she loved her Happiny. It was a normal type so she didn't need to remember much about damaging moves. But Celeste didn't like watching pokemon get injured in the first place which was why Happiny was under-levelled comparing to other Pokemon going to the academy. Celeste listened to some music while she tried to relax herself.

Jason woke up after his nap and saw another trainer on the plane sitting next to Sean, seeing her Swablu talking to Needle Jason quickly warned it "HEY STAY AWAY FROM THAT CACNEA ITS VERY IMTIMIDATING AND REALLY WANTS TO BATTLE !!!" after warning the Swablu he quickly ran back to his seat and then noticed a young girl behind him with a Happiny, he turned around from his seat and said "Hi there . . . Im Jason and this is my partner Volcania, she's a Larvesta and your Pokemon I think is a Happiny they are pared with nurses like Audinos, nice to meet you er ... miss"

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Celeste was looking through one of the Plane's windows when she realised the boy infront of him was talking to him. She panicked slightly because she missed the beginning however she considered that part as a greeting because of the fact the first thing she heard was "I'm Jason..."

"Oh.. Right, Nice to meet you... My name is Celeste and this is my partner Happiny, I've never seen a Larvesta before but it looks cool and you don't need to call me Miss, Celeste is fine," Celeste responded to Jason. It was nice that she would know someone before even making it to Poketropolis. She felt peace and peace was one of her favourite things to feel.
Happiny awoke because she heard Celeste talking to someone. Happiny saw the Larvesta. They are usually quite rare so she was happy to see one. Happiny gave a quick wave and went back to sleep.

Jason was interrupted by a flight attendant he turned around and the flight attendant said "Sir please sit down properly the flight will take off in 20 minutes", he sat down and looked outside the window again and saw a boy with an eevee and a girl with a chansey talking in the distance "Is that the breeder and the nurse sitting next to me . . ." He thought to him self, Volcania went to the seat behind her with Celeste and Happiny , she woke Happiny up and had a little conversation with Happiny,, Jason didnt mind Volcania making new friends so he took out his GBA and played a Pokemon Game

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh no." Sean said quietly as he realized this girl with a Swablu was going to be sitting beside him. She sat down and began talking to him. "My name... is Sean. And I'm sorry to say, but I don't like talking to anyone." He said in a bland, sort of annoyed voice. The Swablu that she had started to talk to Needle. Needle pulled back his arm for a punch. Right when he tried to however, Sean stopped the punch. "Ow, ow Needle. Your hand hurts mine. Please stop trying to hurt other Pokémon before we get to the Academy."

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Meanwhile, A Girl with brown hair and dark clothes was already at Poketropolis. Her name was Elois Serre and she was packing one of many of her bags at the Hotel she was staying in. She was going to the academy to study to be an Officer. It has been her dream since she was a kid. Next to her, was her Lillipup. It barked at his trainer because it wanted attention and play time. Elois ignored the Lillipup until she finished. Once she finished Elois smiled at Lillipup.
"A new journey that will take us closer to our goals, Are you excited?" Elois said to her partner.
The Lillipup woofed in response.

As the Pokémon was discreetly backing away from the Clauncher, he noticed that he was dozing off with the tiny blade of seaweed still tightly clasped in his big claw. He waved his right hand towards his shut eyes to confirm the fact that the Clauncher was out cold, as he sighed in relief and quietly swam back up to the surface of the pond. He shook his body in a silent motion after making his way back to shore, as he took in a deep breath and thought, "Well, I suppose that it's time for me to go over to that bush and eat some of those nice blue berries they always have."

No one else seemed to be awake in the forest yet; save for the few humans that were either aimlessly wandering around or performing their everyday duties. The Pokémon swiftly hopped around the puddles that quickly formed around the second, as the mane of bubbles on his body puffed out to shield his head from the relentless hail of raindrops. He continued to hop towards the bush full of various berries that he and several other Pokémon usually went to in their routine mornings, as he kept a steady, yet noiseless pace.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike was already at the airplane, but was a bit silent. He was too busy to figure out what was in his egg to meet other people. He studied the egg once again, it was light yellow and black striped. He sighed and said,"Will I ever find out what's inside of this egg? Will it even hatch?" After a while, Mike gave up and decided to socialize. Then, he realized most people were already sitting next to each other and talking. He sighed once again. "Guess, I'll just have to wait for people to talk to us," Mike said. He really wanted to make friends, but it seems he's too late.

After the long wait, the plane finally took off, everybody went on the plane and was ready to go, Volcania quickly rushed back to Jason and returned to its pokeball, the plane left the airport and took off like an Extreme Speed attack, not so long later the plane was already surfing on a sea of clouds, Jason looked out the window "Wow. . . So many bird pokemons . . . " he thought to himself as he looked at them.
The flock of Swablus following their leading mother Altaria, The Unfezants flying South, The Group of Wingulls and Pellipers flying out to sea. . . Then he noticed a Big Pokemon flying in the distance, it was gigantic and had a rainbow trail following his tail, "What is that . . ." He thought to himself, he turned around and saw a young boy with an eevee, he seemed nice, caring, protective and strong, Jason introduced himself "Hi there my name is Jason, I'm from Driftveil City, you look like you're from Unova , which city do you live in friend ?"

Last edited:
Sean was sitting there, holding Needle back, hoping that he wouldn't attack that Swablu. The girl was asleep, it looked like, and Sean was happy with that.

Last edited:
As the plane flew across the sea, a small islamd appeared in the distance, Jason looked and thought to himself "That's the city ? It looks so small from up here. There's a beach, a theatre and tons of safari zones. . . Man this is going to be awesome! " Jason then sat back holding Volcania's Pokeball tightly feeling extremely happy and excited. . . Attention all passengers we are about to arrive at Poketropolis City we hope you enjoyed your flight and have a good time on the island . . . Jason quickly rushed down the plane and ran to the station, he then found the bus that was heading to the academy he walked to it and noticed a young girl with brown hair wearing dark clothes, he greeted "Hi, I'm Jason, I'm from the Unova region nice to meet you"

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Elois returned her Lillipup into his pokeball to get on the bus. She did it very rarely but she wanted to incase they didn't allow Pokemon onto the bus. She was minding her business, observing every student in front of her, walking onto the bus. She was then greeted by a boy who was named Jason. He stated to be from Unova like she was so she replied.
"Hi There, Im Elois, Im from Unova region, Accumala Town to be more precise, it's nice to meet you too," Elois said in a friendly tone. Well, to be correct, she was trying to sound friendly. She hopped on the bus and sat on one of the seats, curious of the next chapter of her life.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Before Celeste knew it, The plane had taken off. Celeste wasn't very good with planes so she tried to get some rest. The next days of her life were going to be new and exciting. After a while, Celeste heard the great news: "Attention all passengers we are about to arrive at Poketropolis, we hope you enjoyed your flight and have a good time on the island..." Celeste was glad to know she was landing soon. Celeste was stressed from the ride, she hoped she didn't didn't disturb them.

***​
Upon exiting the airport, Celeste woke up her Happiny who was calmly sleeping. She hopped out of Celeste's side bag and began to walk next to her trainer. They were unaware of what they wanted to do later in their life so they hoped the academy could help. She quickly hopped onto the bus and sat behind a girl wearing dark, athletic clothes and brown hair. She looked slightly intimidating, especially since she didn't have a pokemon sitting next to her however she was holding a Pokeball. Celeste assumed this meant that the Pokemon was too big for the bus but she after she calmed herself down, she assumed this meant something else.

Sean walked off the plane, with Cacnea in his arms, because he kept trying to hit everything. Sean sighed. "Now we can battle or something since we're here, just not now."

(OOC: I'm back, with a new character!)

BIC:
Daniel secretly ate some oran berries from the bush after he got there with some other Pokémon, as he silently hopped back to the bush. Once he got to the bush, the mane of whitish bubbles on his body expanded to cover the entire thing. He lied on his back and took a lengthy nap as he seemed to already be exhausted from the stress that came from the encounter of the harsh Clauncher.

In the meantime, Elgo was in the Academy of Pokétropolis; sitting on his cushioned booster seat next to a tall, plastic table that his notebook rested on. He wrote some notes down in his notebook that appeared to be about mixing up various berries to synthesize different types of medicine when looked upon at closer inspection. A Meowstic sat in her Trainer's lap next to the Minun on his right side, as she assisted him with the task that the Teacher assigned them. The Meowstic said, "Okay Elgo... I know that you kinda had a rough day, but just bear with me okay? Class is almost over and lunch is coming soon. If you need someone to talk to, you can always call my trainer if you want; or you can always come to our room, as it's next to your's on the left side in case if you forgot. Anyway, let's get back to the experiment... first put the oran and sitrus berries that we smashed into that cup and turn on the mixer for a brief moment."

Elgo nodded and proceeded to grab his rod that lied in his lap. He silently twirled it around and pointed it towards the objects that the Meowstic mentioned, as he cautiously lifted them up with the help of the force of repelling charges and cautiously placed them into the cup. Knowing that the switch was beyond his short reach, he gave slight, waving signal to the Meowstic. She twinkled a smile and flicked the switch on the mixer and flicked it off when everything was mixed to perfection.

She picked up the cup and equally distributed the mixture of berry paste into their respective bottles, as the Teacher came over and said, "Well, it seems like the Minun is finally getting along with someone, and you three did a great job! By the way, you are allowed to keep the bottles if you want, and they can be eaten if you want or lightly used on wounds to help them heal."

The Meowstic saw the teacher walking back to her desk, as she whispered, "I'll take two, and you take the others. Want to come over with us to lunch? The bell is going to ring in about ten minutes, so we can talk for a little before we go over there."

Elgo placed his rod down on his lap after carefully putting the bottles in his satchel in a delicate manner. He nodded at the Meowstic in a silent manner for his wordless response, as the Meowstic's left eyebrow rose in suspicion. She asked in concern, "You okay Elgo? You seem a bit quiet here, I know that you had a rough day and all, but it's okay to talk to us. We can always talk in our room or your's if you want."

Elgo gave another noiseless nod and patiently waited for the bell to ring while keeping a rather tight grip on his rod. The Meowstic kept a watchful eye on him while her trainer packed her stuff when the minutes slowly ticked down. The Meowstic continued to sit on her trainer's lap, as she thought, "Something's wrong with Elgo... maybe I should take him over to the psychologist when my trainer has time because he's been acting so weird lately. He's gotten in a fight with that Gible again for the second time today last period and I can't even stress how bad his anger is... maybe it's time that I stepped up and possibly give him a little help before it's too late."

Jason saw Sean got down from the plane, he quickly got down the bus and waved at Sean "Hey Sean !! The bus is about to leave, lets go !!" he said, Jason returned to his seat on the bus and started thinking "I wonder what it's like to study at a big school and making new friends, discover new things and pokemons but what about the myth of the island having legendary pokemon appearing on some occasions"

Sean heard Jason say that the bus was about to leave. "Yeah, yeah... I'm coming." He said as he walked over, Cacnea still in his arms.

After Sean got on the bus, it imediately left to the academy, Jason quickly jumped down the bus and ran into the academy "I'm so excited for this, a new journey, new friends, allies and new Pokemons to discover, are you excited too Volcania ??" Jason said "Lar Larvesta !!!" Volcania replied excitingly