• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Poketerra discussion

In the early 1980's a group of scientists created a portal to a different dimension. A dimension filled with elemental monsters. These monsters or Pokémon as they dubbed them after finding out that the world they were on was Poketerra where highly intelligent civilized creatures with their own civilizations. Wanting to keep the truth from the public the head scientist revealed it to a young Japanese bug catcher and his friend. Both of them over the next decade created a game series based off of these strange creatures the scientists described in order to keep the truth of the pokemon a secret. Over the next twenty years Pokémon had become a house hold name.
Thinking that it was time to reveal the truth the scientists imbedded a code in the latest game releases Pokémon Z and Pokemon Stars that when entered correctly will teleport them to Poketerra where the scientists set up a special project for the so called pokemon trainers.

So yes this is a weird rp idea I had.
If any of you saw the show Chaotic it's going to be sort of like that.
For those of you who don't know what that show is let me explain. Chaotic is based off of a card game. Those that where great in the game where able to teleport to a sort of arena that allows people to battle each other as the monster. In order to create their deck there they were able to go to the world of Chaotic (Poketerra in this case) and scan the monster (Pokémon). At the same time the monster's had their own society and own personalities leading to the main characters being entangled with certain monsters.

Just so you all know there will only be one of each pokemon in this. Plus however many fakemon's you can think of.

one thing to remember each pokemon will have their own personalties and are capable of human speech and thought.

If you want to create lore for a certain pokemon you can.
Character Bio
Name:
Sexuality:
Personality:
Appearance:
Back story: (Optional)

Last edited:
Since the Pokemon themselves would be characters would we also need to fill out a sheet for our starter? I think I'd like a few more details.

Well the pokemon themselves won't be catchable. While friendships between the pokemon and human's can grow it won't be like in the games.
Pokémon in this are like human's when it comes to sentiency in this. They have their own language, own writing system, own economy and kingdoms. Their civilization is like that of medieval Europe.

Then what exactly would we be doing as 'trainers'? Are there any specific objectives that we should be trying to accomplish? Or is this more of an exploration driven setting?

Well have you ever watched the show Chaotic. Basically the show was broken into two parts part one the players ( Trainers) that were considered great players of the card game Chaotic where brought to an area where they where able to battle virtually literally becoming the monsters that they chose. The second part of the show was the trainers going into the world of Chaotic where they were able to talk to and scan the monsters to put them in their deck. They explored the civilizations and learned about them the good and the bad.

Name: Yasmine web
Sexuality: panromantic, demisexual
Personality: shy and quiet, she in depressed but hides it well
Dislikes: being surround by people
Appearance: she is tall and skinny (for reasons) and has red hair and has one purple eye and one aqua eye. She wears oversized shirts(for reasons) with a tank top underneath, she wears skinny jeans
Back story: lived a bland childhood but was bullied for being gender fluid through out school, she used playing Pokemon as a way to relive stress
Family: parents, a older sister, a younger bro and their grandmother who lives with their mum and dad
Other: N/A

Well the pokemon sheet would be the same as a human's just a few different things such as
what kingdom their from. I haven't decided what the kingdom's would be called yet but I think I know which pokemon will be their rulers.
their position in the kingdom
and a more lore based background for them.