• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Operative Deadscopez Steps off of the Jet on the Small Airstrip off of the coast of The Kanto Region, He looks around at the Small island and waves off his pilot, the pilot speaking english with a heavy Alolan accent says thanks for all your help back there! Deadscopez checks the mission log on his Pokereader "Mission Details- The Various Criminal organisations or 'teams' such as 'Team Rocket', 'Team Galactic' and 'Team Flare' Have Banded together to form a proper alliance and are now working under the name, 'The PokeMafia'. There are reported robberies and riots all through the various regions, with lootings, kidnappings and various other high profile crimes being commited, there are even reports they have multiple towns under siege, with reported famous trainers having connections to these gangs such as gym leaders, Elite Four Members and even Champions, you will be facing the most elite trainers in this mission. With that said we are sending you and several other competent Trainers whom will be working under the title of operatives to stop these criminals and bring peace once again to the citizens of the world."
FORM---
Trainer Name-
Codename (optional)-
Gender-
Region(s) Character is from in order of visits-
Pokemon Team Including Levels (Make them somewhat fair)-
Operative or Mafia or Neutral-
Character Affiliations ( Can relate to Canon Characters in anime, games, And other RPers (if approved by them) No Manga Though)-
Badges/leagues Cleared-
Notable Backstory-

EXAMPLE OF FORM
Trainer Name- Jack Hydra
Codename (optional)- DeadScopez
Gender- Male
Region(s) Character is from in order of visits- Born In a Far away region, came to Kalos at Age 11, Cleared the Kalos League at Age 16 , Ventured to Sinnoh to seak out Team Galactic and Defeat them and also cleared the Sinnoh League at age 17 and was hired by the secret Pokemon Organisation POTPP (Protectors of the Pokemon Populous) Sent on mission to Alola to terminate thugs running under the name of Team Skull at age 17. Cleared Alolan League at Age 18 and Has Now travelled to Kanto for a new mission.
Pokemon Team Including Levels (Make them somewhat fair)- Shiny Arcanine level 84, Gengar Level 76, Decidueye level 74, Greninja Level 69, Gyarados with Waterium Z Level 80. Hydreigon Level 78
Operative or Mafia or Neutral- Operative
Character Affiliations ( Can relate to Canon Characters in anime, games, And other RPers (if approved by them) No Manga Though)- Raised by Siebold (Kalos Elite 4 member)
Badges/leagues Cleared-Kalos League, Sinnoh League, Alola League.
Notable Backstory- Jack was an aspiring trainer, whom at age 11, was sent to kalos to live with his grandparents, upon arrival in kalos, it was found out that Jack's grandparents had dissapeared, no where to be seen. He was alone and had no pokemon of his own. Siebold of the elite 4 swept in and gave Jack shelter and food. He trained Jack to be a Pokemon trainer. When he was 13 he set off on his adventure, and soon discovered Team Flare was behind his Grandparents dissapearance. He vowed to find them and seek revenge on Team Flare, much to Siebolds Dismay. He cleared the Elite 4 and champion of Kalos, although declined the offer to become champion. He Travelled to Sinnoh after learning of Team Flare's Affiliation with Team Galactic and sought to find his grandparents. Soon after his arrival in Sinnoh, it had been learnt that his parents had also gone missing, he conquered the sinnoh league and learnt that his parents and granparents had been world renowned scientists and had most likely been taken for their knowledge. Scouring the globe he continues his quest, whilst working alongside the International Police as an Operative.

Last edited:
Name: Frost
Regions: Unova Kalos Johto Kanto
Pokemon: Vanillite (Level 23)
Organization: Neutral
Other Stuff: An ice type trainer from Unova with her partner Vanillite, are travelling to Kanto to see some new ice types

OOC: No legendaries and you must have permission for a mega evolution.

RP. Frost got off the boat and walked into Vermillion City. Her Vanillite was in her backpack. She hoped to meet some amazing ice types like Cloyster or Lapras.

RP- Jack Finally arrived at mainland Kanto, he paced through Vermillion city, addressing the surroundings and taking in the new culture of the region. "quite different to the sort of thing im used to , but... I like it." jack muttered as he released Arcanine from his Pokeball to walk beside him. He spotted a girl walking through Vermillion city ahead of him who looked different to the locals.

Frost pulled her Vanillite out of her bag and let it float next to her. Being from Unova, Vanillite was very curious about Kanto.

"Va Vanil" Vanillite said shyly.

"Don't worry" Frost said, "You'll be fine"

Jack saw the girl up ahead release a Vanillite from her bag, he thought nothing of it until he saw some suspicious men walking toward the girl.
"Get ready to fight Arcanine" Jack said, Arcanine Growled

Frost looked around and saw men closing in on her. She grabbed Vanillite and started to run. She didn't want them to try and take Vanillite like other evil teams and done before.

The men gave chase to the girl and arcanine leapt into action, sprinting over to one of the men, the man turned and saw Arcanine sprinting at him and panickingly released an Arbok. Arcanine quickly shot out a Flamethrower, which was countered by a poison fang. Jack Yelled out "Arcanine! Fire Fang Now! " Arcanine Growled and used fire fang. The Arbok dropped to the floor, fainted. The three other men had seen the Arcanine and had split off running. The Arboks Trainer looked shocked and quickly recalled the Arbok. "Wha-How did you defeat my Arbok so quickly! Its My strongest pokemon!" Growlithe Barked loudly and the man fled. Jack looked around for the girl.

Frost quickly turned into an alley and stopped. She peeked round the corner and saw that the men were gone. She walked back out with her frightened Vanillite clutching her.

Jack Noted that the men were wearing full black shirts with the a gold badge on the corner. "huh, I wonder where that girl went off too, and i wonder why she had a Vanillite here?"

Trainer name: Rosalia Lunelini (Goes by Rose)

Codename: Red Beryl

Region(s): Born in Sinnoh, has been to Hoenn, Johto, and Kalos. Rose is a homeless vagabond, who was disowned by her family for refusing an arranged marriage, and she now lives solely off of the money she wins in battles. She worked for Team Terra, an organisation dedicated to stopping Team Galactic, but quit after they disbanded.

Pokemn Team: Mimi (Lopunny, level 87) Oktavia (Glaceon, level 84) Dee (Minun, level 84) Kagura (Skuntank, level 84) Mari (Drifblim, level 85) Sayaka (Lapras, level 84)

Badges: She has the badges from every gym in the regions she has been to. She never enters the league.

Operative or mafia or neutral: Neutral

Other: She suffers with asthma

Kanto was exactly as Rose had expected it to be. It was peaceful, quiet, and the kind of place that she expected to be treated to a tea ceremony in, not that she cared very much for most kinds of wagashi...

Some of the locals stared at Rose, surprised by the sight of both the alien pokemon she was walking with--a lopunny, and at its mistress' unshaven appearance. Rose was a terribly short girl, with shaggy hair, and dirty cargo trousers, worn from overuse. She was a far cry from the beautiful snd delicate geisha one might expect to see here.

"Whaddaya say we hit the gym, Mimi?" She asked her lopunny partner, "Get us a new badge?"

"Lopunny!" Mimi cried.

As Frost cautiously walked around she saw a boy with a shiny Arcanine. She stopped looked at his Arcanine, she had never seen a shiny Pokemon before.

"Vanil! Vanillite!"

OOC: Vanillites level has been changed from 23 to 33

Jack Saw the girl watching his arcanine "Your the girl from before, when those thugs came after you" Jack said. "You didnt even try and take them on! Arcanine here had to cover you while you escaped!" Arcanine growled as Jack mentioned his name. "Anyway, what are you doing here in Kanto with such a foreign pokemon?" Ive seen all sorts of things but its not every day you see a vanillite in Kanto!"

Trainer name: Rosalia Lunelini (Goes by Rose)

Codename: Red Beryl

Region(s): Born in Sinnoh, has been to Hoenn, Johto, and Kalos. Rose is a homeless vagabond, who was disowned by her family for refusing an arranged marriage, and she now lives solely off of the money she wins in battles. She worked for Team Terra, an organisation dedicated to stopping Team Galactic, but quit after they disbanded.

Pokemn Team: Mimi (Lopunny, level 87) Oktavia (Glaceon, level 84) Dee (Minun, level 84) Kagura (Skuntank, level 84) Mari (Drifblim, level 85) Sayaka (Lapras, level 84)

Badges: She has the badges from every gym in the regions she has been to. She never enters the league.

Operative or mafia or neutral: Neutral

Other: She suffers with asthma

Kanto was exactly as Rose had expected it to be. It was peaceful, quiet, and the kind of place that she expected to be treated to a tea ceremony in, not that she cared very much for most kinds of wagashi...

Some of the locals stared at Rose, surprised by the sight of both the alien pokemon she was walking with--a lopunny, and at its mistress' unshaven appearance. Rose was a terribly short girl, with shaggy hair, and dirty cargo trousers, worn from overuse. She was a far cry from the beautiful snd delicate geisha one might expect to see here.

"Whaddaya say we hit the gym, Mimi?" She asked her lopunny partner, "Get us a new badge?"

"Lopunny!" Mimi cried.
[OOC] Welcome! Feel free To do as you please here, whether that be conquer the Gyms , Complete the dex or Participate in the storyline or something entirely different!

"I've been attacked by thugs like that before and I tried to take them on" Frost said, "Some of their Pokemon are too strong for Vanillite"

"Vanill..." Vanillite said sadly

"I'm from Unova and this is my partner, Vanilla" Frost said

(OOC. I forgot that Vanillite's nickname was Vanilla, BIC)

"ahh, I see... well, Im Jack, This is my Arcanine and We're here to take the Kanto League on, and Help against people like those who've attacked you."

"Growl" Arcanine growled

"Well I can't be going into much detail with that anyway... Secret information and such..." Jacks voice trailed off.

"Say, You wouldn't by chance know where the gym was around here would you?" Jack asked.

"Uhhh... I think it's over there" Frost said, pointing to the left of them. Frost looked at the boy and his Arcanine, they were Definitley hiding something. Also she hated how everybody always underestimated her.

As Frost was staring into space, a trainers aria dos crawled over to her. "Get it away! Get it away!" She yelled and she ran behind the boy. She did not like bugs at all.

Arcanine Growled at the ariados, Not knowing if it would attack or not. Jack saw the trainer standing behind the ariados, A tall, woman standing alone with a dark robe and heavy glasses. "You... I saw how you dealt with that Arbok... Care for a battle?" The lady asked? Jack turned and looked at Ava and back at the lady " No I must save my Pokemons strength for... The Gym! ... Yes the gym. I have to go there now, and my friend here isnt too fond of bugs, if youd be so kind to take that thing away. " Jack Said, he Glanced Back at Ava as the lady replied " How... Dissapointing. I was looking forward to battling with a trainer as adept as you. Oh well... The gym is down that way." The lady pointed at a Building in the distance. "Perhaps we shall battle one day" The lady said as she walked away. Jack Glanced at Ava and took off for the Gym

Rose exited the gym momentarily, still clasping her new badge in her hand.

"An easy win, right, Mimi?" She commented, "If that gym leader is anything like the others here, then this region's gonna suck..."

"Beryl."

Rose froze at the mention of her former codename. Who from her past had managed to find her?

"Yes, that's me," she said quietly, spinning around on her heels, "I don't know what you want, but I'm not giving it to you, so you can clear off or taste the end of my lopunny's high jump kick!"

She faced the stranger, expecting an ex Team Galactic grunt to be after her... But all that she saw was a Team Flare grunt, gaudy suit and all.

"Come quietly, with me, Miss Lunelini, and neither of us have to get hurt!" The grunt ordered wryly.

"As if I'd ever," Rose spat, "Mimi, use high jump kick!"

(OOC. Just a reminder that my name is frost, RP multitasking is hard. BIC)

Frost watched Jack run off and then looked down at the ariados. She had decided to go and watch the gym battle for a bit. It would be interesting giving how powerful he was.

Jack entered the gym and found the air to be full of static, making his hair stick up on end. He heard an Explosion from the other side of the gym and stopped for a second startled. a flash of light filled the gym. " Must Be an intense battle he muttered" he heard the door to the gym open behind him and saw Frost standing there. "Taking on the gym?" Jack asked

Jack smiled and said, "I've been doing this a while, we'll see how we go" he approached the gym leader as the defeated opponent ran out of the door. the tall man was Laughing. " I guess your here to challenge me? Very well, Prepare for the might of Lt. Surge. Lt. Surge Sends out a Raichu. Jack Sends out Hydreigon, Hydreigon uses Rock slide, but the Raichu Cleverly avoids it and uses thunderbolt, hydreigon takes the hit and keeps attacking, Hydreigon uses Rock slide again which crushes the Raichu, Jack Smiles knowing he can easily win the battle. The raichu faints, Lt. Surge sends out Electivire. The electivire uses fire punch, and hits the hydreigon. Jack Looks on with concern as his hydreigon faints. He smirks after a little and throws out Gengar. Gengar uses Shadow ball. The Electivire Gets hit and Uses Wild Charge. Gengar Is hit, and follows up with another shadow ball. The electivire still Keeps attacking. Jack looks on in shock as his gengar is fainted by a second Wild charge. He grabs his next pokeball, then looks over to Frost

Frost looks over to Jack. L.t Surge was a tough gym leader as her sister had told her. Jack looked a bit worried...

"Van! Vanillite!" Vanilla exclaimed as the Gengar fainted.

Jack Sent out Gyarados "Ha! My Electric pokemon are going to make easy work of your Water and Flying type" Gyarados Roared and used Dragon Tail. It sent the Electivire flying into a wall. The electivire slumped against the wall and fainted. Lt. Surge Looked surprised. "That was a smart move" he exclaimed and sent out Magnezone. Gyarados was about to attack again when magnezone hit it hard with a Discharge. The gyarados fell to the floor and fainted. Jack was concerned now "His pokemon are so strong", Jack said under his breath as he sent out Greninja, Greninja barely scratched the magnezone with its water shurikens before it was fainted by another discharge. Jack was down to his last 2 pokemon, he sent out Decidueye as Lt. Surge took back his magnezone and sent out electrode. The electrode took a spirit shackle and used self destruct. The Electrode fainted and Decidueye was badly injured. Lt. Surge then sent out Ampharos who took a spirit shackle and then used power gem to faint decidueye. Jack was down to his last pokemon... Arcanine burst out of his pokeball and used flame thrower on ampharos. Jacks eyes lit up. "Do your thing Arcanine!" Jack yelled and arcanine let loose another flamethrower sending the scorched ampharos back into a wall. Lt. Surge smiled and sent out Jolteon. who used shadow ball. it hit arcanine and sent him spinning, at a wall. arcanine leapt off the wall and sent a flamethrower into the jolteon. the jolteon flew backwards and fainted. Lt. Surge Laughed and said, " You have a very well trained pokemon there boy, but my magnezone wont go down that easily" Magnezone hit arcanince with discharge, arcanine hit back with a flamethrower. Both pokemon were low. Jack looked over at ava and yelled "This is it!" his bracelet on his arm started to glow and arcanine with it

Arcanine released its energy and flipped the magnezone into the roof, the gym rang out with an explosion even louder than the one Jack had heard when he first entered the gym. The magnezone hit the ground and stopped moving, arcanine roared and sat down beside jacks feet. Jack fed him a berry as Lt. Surge Approached. "Your Pretty strong, I'd say even strong enough to take on our champion" Lt. surge laughed. Jack Replied "Surge, I appreciate the Battle and all, but i have more pressing matters on my hand right now, we need to speak..." Jack looked back at Frost. "Privately" Jack Finished, Lt. Surge nodded and walked with Jack to a back room of the gym.

(OOC: You missed a spot, says something bout Yvetal somewhere in there)

Trainer Name- David
Codename (optional)- None
Gender- Male
Region(s) Character is from in order of visits- Born and Raised Kanto
Pokemon Team Including Levels (Make them somewhat fair)- Alakazam (Level 93)
Operative or Mafia or Neutral- Mafia
Character Affiliations- Used to be part of Team Rocket before the merge of the teams.
Badges/leagues Cleared- None, never saw a point in challenging the league
Notable Backstory- Born and Raised in Viridian Forest, David met a young Abra and the two nearly instantly bonded. It evolved into a Kadabra and then an Alakazam, and he went to challenge the Viridian City Gym. He caught Giovanni's attention during the battle and was offered a position in Team Rocket

David stood in the corner of the Vermilion City Gym, draped in shadow and basically unrecognisable unless you really knew where to look. He smirked as he saw Jack walk up to Surge, but wasn't able to catch exactly what Jack had said, and watched in surprise as the two went to the back room. What could be so important that a Gym Leader would take time to talk to one.
He shook his head, it didn't matter, he had measured up the potential opposition. He nodded to his Alakazam, and the two Teleported out of the gym.

Jack emerged from the back room of the gym "So you see Surge, the matter is far out of my hands or even yours, we will need every able bodied trainer to be vigilant in not only vermillion city but the entire Kanto region" Lt. Surge Nodded his head. "Very well, I shall take my badge and be on my way then" Jack followed. He walked down the steps of the gym and out the door, heading toward the pokecentre. He asked the Nurse at the desk if she could heal his pokemon and started talking to the Trainers who were around the pokecentre. Chatter of Stolen pokemon and crimes was ripe in the Centre, with trainers gossiping about the recent misdeeds being done around the region.

Trainer Name-
Lane P.

Codename (optional)-
FairEnough

Gender-
Male

Region(s) Character is from in order of visits-
- Kanto
- Hoenn

Pokemon Team Including Levels (Make them somewhat fair)-

Alakazam

Lapras

Electavire

Dragonite

Tyranitar

Snorlax

Operative or Mafia or Neutral-
Operative.

Character Affiliations ( Can relate to Canon Characters in anime, games, And other RPers (if approved by them) No Manga Though)-
Related to a powerful druglord in the west. Father went crazy and killed himself and his family. Lane escaped with a bullet scrape on his cheek going straight down his cheek

Badges/leagues Cleared-
Cleared all leagues. However, refused to take all badges.

Notable Backstory-
Lane is an 18 year old boy who has a twin murdered by his father whom was driven insane and murdered his kin with nothing but a kitchen knife. He was on the run from his father whom is currently in jail. He is insecure and a quiet boy. He has a impulsive personality doing whatever his emotions tell him to do and thinks rashly. After his family is murdered he finds comfort in his first Pokemon, Dragonite whom helps him get past his dark backstory. Though he is driven by ambition and emotion, Lane is yet to find someone to rein him, to help him be less rash with his behaviors.

Looks:
(See my profile picture :p)

Lane walked in with his black hoodie head lowered. He sat on the nearest bench in a park where he was waiting for Jack, to receive his orders. His muscles twitched, he survived many terrible things before he joined the Operatives but has been limited to missions because of his rash acts. Though he was impulsive, he had an eye for detail, a brain for memory, and a body built for speed. He glanced at his watch. Tapping his finger onto the bench repeatedly. Waiting with anticipation.

Jack looked around the area, looking for Lane, he had heard he had blonde hair and would be wearing a hoodie. He would most likely be alone. Jack saw a guy sitting at a bench, he approached him and sat down. He said the codeword and waited for a response. The man sitting next to him looked at him with a wierd look. Jack then stood up again and walked to the park nearby. He checked his watch. "I'm Late... This isn't good." He muttered under his breath. He looked around the park. He could see a shadowy figure sitting on a bench. Jack approached and said the codeword, "Dragonite" Jack muttered, and waited to see the persons response.

Lane looked up. And gave the slightest nod. He stood up casually and trailed Jack casually. He gripped his wrist, he knew a simple flick of a wrist could unsheathe a hidden blade within his hoodie. He smiled savagely to himself, then slapped himself as another man gave him a confused look. Lane shook his head, he couldn't mess this up not when it was his first mission, he quickly turned left and then planted the bomb that would make the mafia run in confusion. He whispered into his earpiece "Tick, tock" waiting for a response from Jack,

Jack Heard the codeword. He released his gyarados and hydreigon. "You two know the drill, make some noise cause a distraction" Jack said to his pokemon. He released greninja and pulled a mask over his face. "We've got some Mafia to take out" Jack said to greninja. The greninja nodded and silently sprinted into an alleyway. Gyarados and Hydreigon started fighting. "Self-Destruct" Jack said into his earpiece and waited for agent FairEnough to kick the plan into action

Lane grinned as this was his favorite part of his mission. He said the final codeword, the one that determined life or death.
"Click, clock"
He jumped up and silently slipped into the vents of the Mafia HQ. As he crawled inside, he realized that the HQ was going to be in the third floor. So he shimmied up the air shaft trying not to make as much noise as possible. When he reached up and pulled himself up into the vent that led to the intel room, he heard alarms ringing. That guards in the front of the desk look bewildered, but stayed put. However, that didn't bother Lane. He smiled savagely, heeding to the whispers in his head.
"Revenge, sweet sweet revenge"
In a blink of an eye, Lane flicked his wrist and an 8 inch long blade slid out silently in the dark. He broke through the vent and sliced a man's throat and kicked another and disarmed him. The second rushed towards him pistol lashed out and fired, but shot nothing. Just when the guard lowered his weapon, he heard a reloading noise of a P250, and that was the last he heard.

Lane kicked the bodies under the desk, not feeling guilty for the acts he done. He strolls out casually, twirling the briefcase in his palm. He burst out of the main exit and saw two Pokemon, going ham all over the guards. He stuffs the suitcase in his backpack and goes to another building only a couple blocks away to drop off the briefcase.
"Mission Break-In: Success." Lane said quietly onto his earpiece.

Jack was on the roof of the building. He recalled his Hydreigon and gyarados, He heard a sound behind him and quickly swivelled around. He saw his greninja there with the Keycard in his hand. "Very good" Jack said and gave Greninja a Pokepuff before returning him to his pokeball. He said the codeword "Light em up", he pulled out the remote control and released his gyarados. gyarados Use fly and take me to the PokeCentre in Vermillion city. Gyarados got airborn and Jack hit the button on the remote. A Buzzing sound rang out. He had just fried the electronics in the building.

He landed in Vermillion cities Pokemon centre. Lt. Surge was waiting out the front. "Are they gone?" He asked Bluntly. Jack Nodded. Surge Replied "Good I didnt like them Team Rocket thugs around here, and i certainly don't need this mafia here either. Ive heard that they've taken over the Entire Pewter city, and won't let anyone in or out, Maybe check there... Ive always liked the kid who runs the gym there..." Jack Nodded. He waved goodbye to Lt. Surge and walked toward the meeting place.

Lane grinned in success. He took out his Alakazam and nodded. Alakazam apparently understood Lane and teleported to HQ. When the duo arrived. Lane was greeted by familiar faces that he knew from the Operative's HQ. He needed some time to battle with his Pokemon and relax after that tense mission he was suddenly assigned too. Lane took a detour and walked all the way back to the Operative's Gym, where he waited for an opponent to challenge him.

Jack Arrived at the meeting point. The man in the jacket was already waiting. "I need to get back to base so lets make this quick" Jack Said The man had a scruff voice and jack could tell he had brown hair from the wisps of hair visible on his wrists. He handed the man the Keycard and the man gave him a piece of paper. Jack tucked it into his pocket and walked away. He called his gyarados out and flew back to the HQ. He reported to his commander. "You told me there werent many of them..." Jack said. The commander shrugged. "If I told you they had bases in almost every major town would you have taken up the mission?" The commander said bluntly. Jack scowled. "It's a suicide mission. They have Thousands of them, and our operatives are running low after that Shitstorm in alola with the Ultra Beasts..." Jack said. "I need to relax before I can do anymore". Jack said as he walked out. Jack went down to the Gym, "I want a trainer to fight who's got a clue how to battle!" Jack yelled out as he entered the gym.

Lane looks up as he heard a challenge ringing out from the other side of the gym. He folded his book and looked up. He sees Jack, this was going to be an easy battle. He grasps his Pokeballs and smiles. "Go ALAKAZAM!" he shouts as he throws and Pokeball into the air.