• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PokeNotices

I've figured out Flint's relation to somebody else. It's Buck, from Stark Mountain. He says he has a relative in the E4, and who looks at least semi like Buck? Flint. Oh, and about the jackals, I had thought I had typed Anubis, I did in the original post, but then my computer froze. So my mind was on a one-way track thinking I had typed Anubis. Oh well. Oh yeah, another thing is, you know how in DP the things get bigger as they move towards the bottom of the screen? Not everywhere. Some places (mostly indoors) always stay the same size. About the Buizel part is because in French, you pronounce "ui" like "we", and considering how the Anime move pronounced it, I figured it was French. I bet nobody knew this: Mesprit has a French root! Esprit (pronounced "espree") is French for spirit. And, the guy that lets you dress up at Jubilife TV speaks French. What the heck is with the over-excess of French?!? I know the French because: a. My mom loves French, and b., I am taking French, and I actually pay attention for some reason. Dusknoir has French too, noir is black in French. Makes perfect sense, as Dusknoir is a ghost.

EDIT: I just remembered, when you get the National Dex in DP, the PC changes to Oak's PC instead of Rowan's PC. And, Rowan will no longer grade your PokeDex, but Prof. Oak will. For those of you who don't know where he moves into, he is in a southern house in Eterna (didn't I mention that before, though???) Also, after the credits in Pearl (maybe it's just mine, but I haven't used cheat codes, and maybe it happens in Diamond) the screen displays "Fin" instead of "Finish". Other people, tell me if this happens to you!

The Japanese name for "Aerial Ace" is "Swallow Ace". Interestingly enough, two of the only three Pokemon that learned that move naturally in Gen III were swallows.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, the origin of Aerial Ace is even more obscure.

Aerial Ace's original Japanese name was literally named Tsubamegaeshi. It's more literally translated "Swallow Reversal" or "Swallow Return". Tsubame Gaeshi, the Turning Swallow Cut, was the favored sword technique of the famous swordsman of Feudal Japan, Sasaki Kojiro (Eternal Rival of Miyamoto Musashi).

Quoting Wikipedia on this:

This technique was named so because it was mimicked the motion of a swallow's tail during flight as observed at Kintaibashi Bridge in Iwakuni. This cut was reputedly so quick and precise that it could strike down a bird in mid-flight. There are no direct descriptions of the technique, but it was compared to two other techniques current at the time: the Itto-ryu's Kinshi Cho Ohken and the Ganryū Kosetsu To; respectively the two involved fierce and swift cuts downward and then immediately upwards. Hence, the "Turning Swallow Cut" has been reconstructed as a technique involving striking downward from above and then instantly striking again in an upward motion from below. The strike's second phase could be from below toward the rear and then upward at an angle, like an eagle climbing again after swooping down on its prey.

So that would explain why it was Taillow's signature move.

Also, it's spelled Jackal, not Jackel, and damn straight they do exist (I've actually seen a lot of Jackals in my day >>). They are small-medium canine scavengers/lesser predators. Several species of Jackals exist - and they are NOT enedmic to egypt, but are rather common throughout Africa, Asia and southeastern Europe - where they fulfill an ecological niche similar to that of Coyotes in North America.

*shoots self in head* Thanks, Stel >> Not sure what I was thinking, I knew Jackals weren't native to egypt, did I say they were? >> And we all know I can't spell. And nobody knows why Inpu (Anubis) had a black head, I just happen to like that explaination best ^^'

eheheheh. . .

Personally, I doubt Gio is Ash's father. But it does make me wonder where he is. . . .

OK, since I got PokeCharms to work today, I have more.
*When you use the Calculator app, if the answer is the number of a Pokemon you've at least seen, the cry plays.
And for the Ash-Gio debate, I'm thinking maybe. But, it will probably never be revealed unless Pokemon is shutting itself down (shudders) and wants the public to actually know something. You know, P.U.S.A. doesn't reveal anything. That's why I'm almost glad they're website it broken for me.
Dang, I forgot the other notices while typing that Ash-Gio bit. Sorry!

Doesn't anyone here think that Whiscash looks like Wario? I mean it has a long mustache, saucer-like eyes, and a "W" on it's forehead. I mean it's like "I'm-a Wiscash, I'm-a gonna win!"

Yes, that's one of the most amusing things in Pokemon...But just wait, soon they'll be making one that looks like Mario!

When the hero from D/P is riding her/his bike and stops, she or he puts one foot on the ground instead of the bike mysteriously staying upright as in past generations.

i might of misheard but in the manphy movie james says.

"look diamonds and Pearls"
To which meowth replies
"Lets get through this season first."

like i said i might of misheard but a nice little reference if i didn't.

You didn't mishear it, those lines were in the movie. Earlier in the movie; either Jessie or James say that they'll be "sweeping up all those diamonds and pearls" and Meowth comments by say "Hey, that sounds like a good name for a game!"

There is pixel overlap when you go downward from SunyShore's beach.

The only two Pokemon Half-Normal, thats not Half-Flying, is Girafarig and Bibarel.

You get a fan in Pal Park after you get a good score.

When you knock out Cheryl's Chansey, like your Pokemon, its mysteriously healed.

MissingNo. means Missing Number.(If you don't know, you'll get eaten by Manta Rays)

Piloswine needs the Move Tutor to evolve.

Ive noticed that the first 3 profesors are trees
Oak,Elm and Birch Is rowan a tree?
Arecus looks like a croos bree with an Absol and yellow unown
Dailga`s cry sounds like a dying animal
Plakia`s Cry sounds like a old guy who fell of his beed
Chatot is the only pokemon that says its name as its cry
Skuntank and stunky`s cry is them farting
Thats what noticed

Yup! I just googled Rowan tree and this picture came up.

autumnrowan320f.jpg

Piloswine needs the Move Tutor to evolve.

No it doesn't! Ancient Power is a Level Up move for Piloswine in D/P.

Post something that isn't common knowledge, like this. I believe that #7 on this Switched at Birth article provides an adequate explanation as what Dialga is supposed to look like.

Gastrodon doesn't have a chicken cry. It's just some random squishy/slimy noise.

After all it is a sea slug.

For whatever reason, trainers on the east side of Sinnoh still use pink Gastrodon. Why not blue ones? Pink ones are native to the west Sinnoh. There are wild blue ones on that route. Oh, I'm referring to the route west of Sunyshore City.

Don't know if this was mentioned, but when you hit the Master ranked Contests, you'll either have Jasmine (I know she was mentioned), your mother Johanna, or Fantina the Gym Leader also participating within the contest.​

Don't know if this was mentioned, but when you hit the Master ranked Contests, you'll either have Jasmine (I know she was mentioned), your mother Johanna, or Fantina the Gym Leader also participating within the contest.​

yeah, i remember hitting masters with my blaziken and seeing some of those. unfortunately, the 3rd gen contest movesets don't work as well in this gen.

The Cry for Vileplume and the one for Aerodactyl are very similar. The games seem to have an anti-fire bias. Out of the four regions, three of them start with rock type gyms. Personally, I'm waiting for a grass type first gym to make starting with the water type harder.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And I'm still waiting for a grass type gym to be the eighth and therefore present, you know, some type of challenge.

Grass-types ALWAYS get the short end of the stick and I'm sick and tired of it.

In Gold/Silver you talk to someone on the Lake of Rage they tell you that there is a pink butterfree
while there is one in the anime, there is not one in the games
the one in the game has light fuchsia wings and green eyes along with pinkish purple limbs

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
This might have been a vague anime reference. Also, take into account the limited color pallet of the Game Boy Color. So maybe to them it's pink.

A Marowak holding a Thick Club and a Nature that's benefical towards attack can have its Attack stat maxed out to 568 and can go over 1000 point with a single Swords Dance. Attack Form Deoxys can only reach a 504 attack stat.

I know just one more reason i love marowak ^^

also,about the ??? arceus,i believe you can get the ??? plate with gameshark.The only ??? type is curse

While Speed Form Deoxys does have base speed stat of 190, it's not the fastest Pokemon. The fastest is actually Floatzel. How's that possible? Floatzel's base Speed stat is 115, but it also has Swft Swim. So when Rain Dance is in effect, Floatzel's speed doubles to a base of a whopping 230!

This is a what if,speed deoxys has the highest base speed of all pokemon,not including abilities.

umm...as for notices...anyone know that mew and mewtwo get exact jap translations?

Myū and Myūtsu

also Mew and Deoxys are the only pokemon that take intense coding to get without an event (they wont be loyal if you use simple encounter codes)

also,theres two versions of Firered and Leafgreen

You can find out using the opening screen

if after Gamefreak theres "Presents" its version 1.1,if there isnt,its version 1.0

Has Anybody noticed this in the game of D/P *i dont know if its in both*

When your in the old chatou, i dont know if it matters of time or something, when you go the the upper part an thru the door were you have the mutiple doors, and when you go to the seacond to last door, you your in the room, you can see into the other room, and there was this little girl in there then she left a pokeball there *me and two other friends noticed this. please see if its true

Has Anybody noticed this in the game of D/P *i dont know if its in both*

When your in the old chatou, i dont know if it matters of time or something, when you go the the upper part an thru the door were you have the mutiple doors, and when you go to the seacond to last door, you your in the room, you can see into the other room, and there was this little girl in there then she left a pokeball there *me and two other friends noticed this. please see if its true

It's a wee little ghostie. And no I'm not joking. The guide book mentions it. After you beat the E4 and get the nat dex there will the ghost of a butler dude who'll glide away.