• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokenapped! (take two)

[size=8pt]ooc| Yes.. And I look forward to finding out c: But I'm not gonna post again until she replies- don't want to get too far ahead without her x:[/size]

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
((OOC: You'll see *evil grin* in a few more posts. Once we decide to chase it anyways. And don't post mindless stuff not related to the RP, unless you also have an actual post to make related to the story.)
Kylie nodded, though she knew that the others probably didn't believe her. She ignored them and pretended to be interested in the bell on Belle's Pikachu's tail. Her head kept spinning, not because of the ride (though she was kinda airsick), but because of Rechec. If they were following the wrong balloon, than her goal to get Rechec was farther away than back home. Darn, if only...
There's still the possibility that the balloon is going the long way to Veilstone, too. The drivers might know or suspect that there are followers behind them, so they're going off-course on purpose, a voice said in her mind. The girl spun around and saw her Vulpix grinning at her. And maybe it wasn't planning on going to Veilstone in the first place, he continued. Maybe they have a new hideout, or that balloon is a fake, and the real one is many miles away.
So what do you plan to do, genius? Kylie asked.
Kiyu thought for a moment, then said, Our best hope is to follow it and just hope it leads us to the stolen Pokemon. Or the Pokemon themselves have broken out of their Pokeballs and attacked the Galactic Grunts, so the grunts have lost control over the balloon. It looks shaky to me. he added, squinting at the balloon.
Kylie thought for a moment, then said, more to herself than anyone else, "I guess we'll have to follow the balloon. There's no other choice, really, unless we split up and half of us follow the balloon, and the other half go to Veilstone. But I think it's better for us to stay together." Turning to her human companions, she asked, "What do you guys think we should do?"

Meanwhile, about 150 miles away....

"KIP!!!!!!!!!"
"Quit it, stupid Mudkip!" said the shorter of the two humans on the floating basket. "Stop drenching us with your Water Gun!"
"Or Hydro Pump!" his companion complained, but Rechec continued to blast the two stupid grunts with his attacks.
Take that for taking me away from Kylie! Rechec thought as he shot another blast of water at the two. As he enjoyed the moment of revenge (more like "playing around"), he told himself how stupid the two humans were to steal him when he wasn't even in his Pokeball.
"Stupid... you're making us go off course!" the first grunt said, looking at the compass on the front of the balloon.
"Mudkip mud!" (like I care!)

Ishtar thought for a moment, "I think it would be best if we followed this balloon for a little while then split up. For all we know this balloon could just be a decoy while the real one is in a totally different place. That's what I think anyway." Now, Ishtar was beginning to doubt this was the right balloon.

Or they could just be really stupid. Sugar said.

Yes, or they could just be really stupid. I wouldn't be suprised if they were. Ishtar agreed.

[size=8pt]Thinking on what Ishtar said, Belle turned her gaze onto the balloon in the distance.
"Well. Right now this balloon is the only thing we have to go on. If we travel to Veilstone and find out we were wrong, then we have nothing. If we follow this balloon and it turns out to be a decoy, well.. It's still a galactic balloon. There's still thugs on it. Most likely very loose-lipped thugs who can easily be warped at the thought of money. Continuing as we are is our best bet."
Her expression was grim but her eyes had a calculating look in them- one that drew the pikachu's grin back onto her face. She was thinking, and planning. And that was a good sign, because it meant she had turned her focus from mourning the loss of her dragonite to conjuring up a plan to get him back.

Speaking of whom..
Whether or not the grunts had noticed it, there was one thing in particular that had been thrashing violently throughout the duration of the trip. Sealed away in what looked like a plastic food container, a gleaming red pokeball with a strip of duct tape smoothed over the release button on it's front bounced furiously around without giving any sign of ceasing it's rampage.

ooc| Hope you don't mind, I really wanted to incorporate Noble somehow. I miss him D;[/size]

Ishtar nodded. "Yes, but I think Flora has all of my money at the moment. But I doubt the grunts know how to keep their minds closed to me." She said. In fact, only Sabrina was the person that sucessfully blocked Ishtar's mind reading before.

Yeah, much less a grunt could possibly block your mind reading. Heck they can't even steal pokemon correctly! Sugar said, with a small smile.

Meanwhile...

The grunts were not really to keen on getting wet, but now two things distracted them.

"Hey! That pokeball's trying to escape!" One shouted, pointing. It was true, for a red and white ball had suddenly sprung up and was rolling across the floor of the balloon. One of the grunts lunged for it, but the pokeball suddenly swerved, sending him crashing to the ground. But the pokeball had sweved right at the other grunt and was now in the palm of his hand.

"Heh, heh. Stupid little-OUCH!!" The pokeball had suddenly jerked forward and smacked the grunt in the forhead. "You stupid little-!!!" The grunt said, obviously he couldn't think of anything to say and pulled out a bunch of tape. He achieved in mummifiying (sp?) the pokeball with tape, then pulled out a magnet, attached the pokeball to it, then set it down.

(I hope you don't mind either.)

"Yes, thank you." Chaos said, sliding off the side of whirlwind's back. "You go on and catch up with Ishtar, Belle, and Kylie. I'll be with you in a short while." he said, waving and hurrying into the pokemon center. Nurse joy, whom was busy with a trainer, glanced over to see the boy enter. "Chaos-pyon?"
"`Ello Ms.Joy" Chaos replied back, again waving as he rushed off to the PC in the corner. He stopped by a free one and began to furiously type away at the keyboard.
"Hm? Chaos! What can I do for you today?" Dr.Oak's face greeted the boy, whom waved back. "Mornin`Sir. I need Inari and Banzenten (ROFL Japanese myths), Chi's been....'captured'..." This he said quietly. Yelling this in any other way would induce a panic in the locals. "Galactic's doing?" the old man asked back. "Yes."
"I need someone back, seeing as you have a free space."
"Azrael is coming back."
"You're keeping Hanuman?"
"I need him..."
"Alright..."
Next to the PC, there was a small box that connected to the global network. Dr.Oak placed a ultra ball in a similar machine on his side, while Chaos placed Azrael's premier ball on his side. Moments later, with a flash of light, the poke`balls switched. Placing this into his jacket, another poke`ball arrived. "That was Inari. Good luck Chaos."
"Thank you sir."

In another cage, watching this all, was Chi. She was layinh down on her side, her right face having fallen asleep. The other two faces were busy keeping watch and laughing at the show that was playing.

"Right, Whirlwind take off!" Flora shouted. Whirlwind launched himself into the air again and sped towards the clouds. Flora looked around, then saw three specks in the distance. "Whirlwind, over there!" She shouted, pointing at them. Whirlwind turned his head, then flew towards the others.

Ishtar noted the hovering speck that was Flora and Whirlwind, and that they were now heading towards them. "Flora's coming." She said to Belle and Kylie.

[size=8pt]At Ishtar's words Belle leaned down closer to the charizard, tapping on it's neck before straightening out to peer over to where Flora and Whirlwind were advancing.
"Good, good.. Charme, slow down a bit. Actually.." She paused, clearly thinking it through.
"It might be better if we were'nt clustered together. If you think about it, I think a large party of flying pokemon would look a bit suspicious. It would provoke them if they managed to spot us. But we need to stay close enough to be able to come to anyone's aid.. Ishtar, do you think you could present this idea to Flora? I don't want her to think we're trying to lose her."
A meek smile followed, but maintaining it required too much effort so it eventually faded back into a somber look.[/size]

Ishtar smile, "Of course I can." She said. Flora. She thought.

Flora suddenly jerked as she heard her name in her head. Then she relized it was Ishtar. "Ishtar?" she asked, then she relized what Ishtar was doing. Ishtar, is there something you need to tell me? She thought, knowing that she would pick it up.

Yes, Ishtar's voice said, Belle thinks we should spead out a little. But not too much. I'm telling you this so you'll know what we're doing.

Okay, Flora thought, I'll move over to the right. She looked down at Whirlwind, "Whirlwind, do you think you could fly to the right a little bit?" Whirlwind looked up at her in suprisd, but didn't say anything and began to fly right.

Ishtar nodded at what flora had told her. "Flora's going to move to the right. She told the others.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
OOC: Right, seems like this RP is being taken over by Rosa_Rosie and Belle... not that it's a bad thing, it's just that.... well, Phantom and I haven't posted nearly as much as you guys. Cut down the posts here, please! Thanks. And... now I'm extremely lost. Are you guys... flying already? I can't tell.

Sorry if seems like a waste of space, but I really need some sort of summary to get me back on track. Thanks for your cooperation.

[size=8pt]ooc| I noticed that, and I feel bad about it. I've been trying to cut back on the replies but it's hard x:
I loves me roleplayin'.
And yeah, I think the pokemon took off a few posts ago..
Flora dropped off Chaos at some town and now he's getting his pokemon sorted.
Actually had to read through that myself.. I think at this point we're waiting on Phantom to catch up before you start the plot S E c:[/size]

Ooc: Yeah sorry about that, I'm a little impatient sometimes. :-X But yeah, I think we should wait for Phantom to catch up with us. In the meantime I'll go see how my RP is doing in the regular RP boards.

((Sorry sorry, I was doing a ton of stuff and I've got an essay to be finishing later. -ROFL PROCRASTINATION-))
Chaos stepped out of the poke`mon center after a quick chat with Nurse Joy. She wanted to notify the police in Veilstone, but Chaos spoke against it. Veilstone was Galactic home base, they had more then likely tapped the phone lines and were controlling the Police internals, knowing full well that Officer Jenny would not agree to any sort of bribery. However, brushing this aside, he looked up at the clear sky, sighed, then threw up the Ultraball in his hand. With a familiar burst of light, out came a Altaria, the cloud of fluff that surrounded her neck lightly floating as she slowly returned to the earth below. Banzenten crooned as she rubbed her cheek against Chaos's. "Long time eh, Bani(Banzenten)?" he said giving her a pat on the head. "We need to catch up with some colleagues of mine, you ready to spread your wings?" the boy asked, to which she replied with a light song.

They launched off to joy of some passing school kids, rising higher and higher into the air until they caught an air current. Chaos held onto his turban and tightened his grip on Banzenten.
[Minutes later]
Above the flying group which just happened to be spreading out a bit at that time, Bani and Chaos pulled out of the stream and dived down, pulling up just above them. "Hello all." he called out, sitting up from his position.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Kylie's jaw dropped when she saw what Chaos was sitting on. An Altaria glided through the air above her. Oh, wow! she thought. I've always wanted one ever since...

A loud bang sounded somewhere. It sounded pretty close, but because it was loud, Kylie suspected that it really was a few hundred miles or so away from her and her friends. Looking up, she noticed that the Galactic balloon was no where in sight. Oh, heck no! she panicked. That's the balloon we were following! We're lucky it crash landed so that it doesn't move anywhere anymore, but we don't know where it is!

Oi, Kylie, don't panick! Kiyu replied. She had nearly forgotten that he was still around. That's the worst thing to do right now: panick! We just continue going where we were going because, well, the balloon was going in a somewhat straight line, right?

Right...

Well, so we just keep going until we spot it. And anyways,
he continued when he saw Kylie's mouth open to protest out loud, we can then split up and look around if we still can't find them in 500 miles.

Well, that could work, but there's one drawback.

What?

Kylie thought for a moment, then said, I wasn't watching them for a while, and who knows if they made a sudden left turn or something? And we don't know how far they really are from us! So, say, if we continue on until 500 miles later, we might be really far away from them.

But you forgoten something important,
Kiyu replied. Because we're high up in the sky, we can see for many miles up here. We also have... at least eight pairs of eyes available right now, so we can see in at least eight different directions.

All right,
Kylie siad. You win, then relayed her Vulpix's plan B to everyone else. "You guys think it's okay for now?"

((OOC: Yeah, jumpy again, but we need to get somewhere. I don't really know what I'm doing, but... okay, I know what I'm doing, I just don't know how everything will turn out. And Rosa_Rosie, I'll figure out a plan for you ASAP.))

(Yeah, I know. It's kinda difficult now.)

Please tell me that I'm imagining things. Sugar said.

"If you mean that balloon then it did disappear." Ishtar said.

Oh that's just great!

"Yeah, I don't even-wait!" Ishtar suddenly smiled. Another pokeball detatched from her belt and opened. In a flash of light, a Lucario suddenly stood on their little "platform". "We'll use Mathazar." Ishtar said.

A few hundred yards away, Flora rubbed her eyes for the seventh time. "No way. It's not a trick. The balloon is gone." She told herself, her voice sounded defeated. Suddenly, she saw Ishtar release Mathazar, her Lucario. And just what are you planning to do with him? Flora asked Ishtar.

"It seems like a good plan, however, I'll go down to the ground and search for it by foot. We'll cover more ground that way." Chaos said, now turning toward Ishtar. "Got a plan yourself eh?" he asked, as Bani began to move over her. The wind got a little ruff all of the sudden, leading Chaos to believe that one of the grunts lost control of the balloon. That, and the pokemon on board were probably making hell for them.

[size=8pt]Listening to Chaos describing the course of action that should be taken, Belle found herself remaining quiet for the majority of the ride.
It was only now that she began to speak up again.

"If you guys want to scout the ground, Kylie and I can try and look around from up here. We'll get more coverage and perhaps, if any of the pokemon managed to escape, we'll be able to widen our view."
She turned to the girl behind her, giving her lower lip a quick gnaw before speaking.
"What say you?"[/size]

"Yes I do. Mathazar, can you see if you can sense any Galactic grunt auras around here?" Ishtar asked her Lucario.

What?! Mathazar's voice echoed in her head. You woke me up for THIS?

Ishtar tapped her foot. "Yes I did. Pokemon have been stolen by these idiot wannabe poketheives and we need you to find them."

Mathazar's shoulders slumped a little and he sighed, I thought you were waking me up for lunch too. He complained.

Ishtar's eyes flickered for a moment. Mathazar, she said, this time using telepathy so the others wouldn't hear, try to take your mind off of food for once and actually try to help us.

Mathazar jerked his head up and smiled a little. Alright fine. But after this I want some lunch. He walked forward and closed his eyes. After a few minutes he opened them. All of these auras around me is making it hard to concentrate. Besides, I bet those grunts are probably quite a ways away. He didn't wait for an answer and suddenly he launched himself off the invisible platform and fell through the air.

"What the-" Ishtar exclaimed and instantly another platform appeared right below the falling Lucario, which he landed on. Has hunger made you completely lose your common sense?! Ishtar yelled at him.

Mathazar smiled, No. It's just the quickest way to get to the ground. Besides, it was worth it, seeing you freak out like that.

Ishtar right then would have loved to make the platform disappear and have her pokemon fall, but she decided against it. Mathazar jumped off and fell through the air again, only to be caught by another platform, which he jumped off again. He repeated this process, almost like stepping down a huge pair of steps, until he touched the ground. Ah, that's better. He said, The auras aren't so crowded here, but I still can't sense anything. Maybe I'll search the woods until I do. He walked forward a few steps, then jumped into the bushes and began racing through the trees, completely unseen by the trainers above.

(Yeah, Ishtar's Lucario really likes to eat. I decided he isn't really the heoric character most people think Lucarios are, but instead he's kind of a goof that doesn't take a lot of things seriously. But he's still a good help.)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
((OOC: Ah, yes. I love that Lucario.))

Kylie sighed. "Well, I don't really like the idea of splitting up, because no human, however fast or insane they are, can ever outrun a flying Pokemon, no matter how slow that Pokemon is flying. But you guys think it's okay..." Kylie paused for a bit before saying the next part. Did she really believe what she was going to say next? But she finished her sentence by saying, "then I can still go with the flow. Sometimes I have to be a bit more flexible than I really am, mentally wise, and this is kinda stretching it a bit. But if you guys want to scout the ground, fine by me."

You don't really believe all that, do you? Kiyu suddenly piped up.

Admittedly, no, but Chaos's right; he can cover more ground that way. And anyways, the grunts and Pokemon won't be a mere dot if you search by foot, unlike air.

Suit yourself, the Vulpix said, then retreated from the girl's mind. Kylie shook her head, but she said what she thought was right.

[size=8pt]ooc| Hurr. I had the same mindset when I started making a character design for my lucario. He's shy, and likes to be babied a little :3 -d'awwwwwwwww-

A smile, and Belle tugged at the charizard's shoulders.
"We'll try and keep them in sight. I know what you mean, but it really will be for the best. It shouldn't be too hard to find them now- We'll be covering a lot more area, and with a crashed balloon I find it hard to believe that they'd be able to get anywhere very quickly. They may have sustained injuries from the incident, which can slow them down even further."
A shrug, and she felt her chest rising with a deeper sigh.

"You sure you don't want your Vulpix with you? I know Ishtar is taking good care of him, but sometimes it's just better to have someone to hold on to."[/size]

Ooc: Yeah, of all of Ishtar's pokemon, Mathazar's probably my favorite. Mainly because he and Ishtar each take their turns at making wise-crack jokes at each other.

Ishtar nodded at the idea. "Yes, it might be a good idea for a few of us to search the ground. But they will be behind. However, even Mathazar can't outrun a flying pokemon, but he might find them quicker than any of us. He can sense auras and he knows what to look for, plus he's felt Pine's aura before, even when he was in his pokeball. So he most likely he'll find them before any of us do. But that balloon was quite a ways away, so even then it'll take some time." She had a few doubts though, even though her Lucario was strong, no one knew if those grunts had pokemon of their own. When he found them, he might be seriously outnumbered, and it would be any Galactic's treasure, whether grunt or commander, to bag rare a Lucario for their boss. She relayed their plan to Flora and asked what she thought about it.

Flora frowned at what Ishtar had just told her. Is that really the best idea? she asked, For all we know there could be more grunts on the ground, wondering what happened to the balloon. It would be bad if one of us ran into them.

Yes I know, but it seems that some of us searching the ground would be a good option right now. Even though it sounds dangerous. Ishtar replied. Flora bit her lip. She had to agree, for what Ishtar said made a lot of sense.

((-Slams head against floor- FORGIVETH ME!))
Chaos, nodding in agreement with Ishtar, rubbed the back of Bani's neck. The Altaria dropped again, heading for just above the tree tops. "I'll send out a fire signal if I find them, or maybe I might yell it in my head for Ishtar to hear!" he yelled back up to them, the wind around him getting louder due to the sudden pickup in speed. Skimming over the surface, Chaos searched for an clearing up ahead, for his own quick landing. Bani crooned and slowed down, as she found one herself. "Good job, Bani..." he muttered, as nearing the clearing he jumped off the pokemon and slowly fell toward the surface. He loosened his muscles and braced himself, getting ready for the incoming Earth. ((ROFL CUE DYNAMIC ENTRY))
"Ke." The moment his feet touched the ground, he began to move his body into a roll, absorbing the impact throughout his body and keeping his bones intact. He slid during the final phase of the roll, standing back up as he stopped. "Yami, we're going hunting." He said, dropping a poke`ball from his jacket as he brushed the dirt off of it. The ball exploded in white light and out emerged a Luxray with a silver earring. Yami roared as he stretched, then turned toward Chaos. "Yes, I did something stupid again." he answered knowing that look the pokemon was giving him, "Try and get Chi's scent from here. It shouldn't be far."
The Luxray let out a small pur, then sniffed the air, searching for the sweet scent of Chi, more then likely the scent of honey too.

Ooc: Owwie. But we understand Phantom.

Ishtar watched as Chaos landed with Bani. Mathazar, she said, Chaos is down there with you.

Yeah, I can feel his aura. Mathazar replied. In fact, Mathazar had just burst through the trees and found Chaos standing in a clearing with a Luxray at his side. Nodding politely at him, he walked past the Luxray and concentrated hard. It was sort of hard to tell where the others were, but he picked up something. He had no idea what it was, it might have been just a trace them or something, but either way he charged off into the trees once more.

Flora also watched as Chaos made his not so soft landing on the ground. "Whirlwind," she said, "try to see if you can fly a little higher." Giving a nod, Whirlwind began slowly rising upwards. The air was getting thiner and the white wisps of clouds were starting to envelope them.