• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemongeek's sprites

Hello, you probably don't know me thats's because I'm new here. Anyways I like to sprite same as you right? ok so heres some trainers
oh yeah please do not take.

Untitled-1.png
this is the hero
Mrawsome.png
this is the rival

Now for splices XD
Gendarblazicangallide.png

dithaunt.png

elclix-1.png

pigaptor.png

kyogrphy.png

That's all for now! I will take requests

You need to learn not to double post. You can only bump your sprite thread if you're going to add more sprites. You just don't bump it for attention. People will respond when they have the chance to. Please read the rules for this board. Strike 1.

Enjoy your time here. Please read the rules to extend your stay.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... wow. The sprites could do with at least some work.

First off, the trainers. They're okay, except the heads looks a bit messy, blurry, unclear... something along those lines. The guitar and the hat, along with his right arm (our left), could do with shading, compared to the legs. But it seems as if I've seen those legs somewhere else... might be just me. The second person's hair could do with some work. It looks like part of his head was suddenly chopped off. Meaning, it's not rounded at the top like a head should be, if you get what I mean. Too little hair even for a male.

Now onto the splices. I can tell you did try, but it really does look like randome copy-paste of one Pokemon's parts onto another Pokemon that's the base. You just took away some of the Pokemon's outlines to make the parts look connected. No, maybe you could try some more when you're splicing. And the recoloring. The fourth one down looks like a plain recolor to me, with a new beak. I'm pretty sure a recoloring is a no-no here. And I can still see some red on from the Electrode base on the third one down.

Also, shading. You're doing better here than I do in some aspects, but you need a consistent light source. Usually in DP sprites the light source is in the upper left hand corner. Here's a pretty good way to show what I mean, a diagram made by trusty ol' Arte.

shadingtut.jpg

Hope this helps. And as for a request... meh, try making a good splice of Raichu and Frosslass. Trying to make you work a bit here. ;P

Pretty good, although the trainer sprites could use some work with shading and their heads look weird like Shiny Eevee had pointed out. For the pokemon splices, my favorite is the Pidgeott and the Kyogre is ok. The Gengar/Blaziken/Luxray/Gallade looks weird. My sugestion is you try to make it blend in as good as possible. The better is looks the more requests you get (which is a good thing, right?).

Now that being said, I have a request. I would like you to make a Lickilicky and Dragonite splice if you don't mind. That should be interesting enough.