• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Z Teased With Three New Zygarde Formes

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
It's that time again - CoroCoro has leaked, and with it comes some brand new information on Zygarde and the Pokémon anime. Firstly, the next "series" of the Pokémon anime has been revealed to be called "Pokémon XY & Z" in Japan, and will premiere October 29th. It will contain a Greninja with Satoshi/Ash's colourings.

corocoro10151.jpg

Secondly, we have new information on three new Zygarde formes, which you can see in the middle-left of the image above:
  • The blob teased in last month's CoroCoro is Zygarde's Cell Form (alternately translated as Core Form), and serves as the core for its other forms.
  • A totally new dog-like forme is Zygarde's 10% Forme - it focuses on speed, and has been said to have "sharp teeth".
  • Zygarde's existing forme as of XY and ORAS is now called "50% Forme".
  • The Pokémon shown in the 2016 movie teaser is Zygarde's "Parfect Forme", and is said to exceed Xerneas and Zygarde in power. It is 4.5m tall, 610kg, and retains Zygarde 50% Forme's Dragon/Ground typing.
For the uninitiated, CoroCoro is a Japanese monthly magazine that often reveals new Pokémon information - as such, all names given here are the Japanese names and may change when The Pokémon Company International reveals this info themselves.

corocoro10152.jpg

So, to recap the rumour mill for Pokémon Z - as of now as we dip into speculation: Because of this reveal, we believe the next main-series Pokémon game to be Pokémon Z rather than Pokémon X2 and Y2. Either way, the next Pokémon game is pretty definitely set in Kalos.

All sources point to the game being released in early-to-mid 2016, especially the official timeline revealed with Pokémon GO!. That means the games themselves will be revealed reasonably soon. I would personally suggest a full game announcement will come in next month's CoroCoro, if The Pokémon Company International don't get there sooner.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
So Zygarde uses its cells to reach its "Perfect Forme?" I can't help but feel I've seen this somewhere before...

158614-160_super.jpg

Has to be said, the silhouette made Zygarde's perfect forme look a lot more impressive than it actually is. It looks more like a Megazord than a godlike legendary Pokemon. Also, the 10% form reminds me of Sigma's dog robot from Mega Man X - I'm noticing a theme here.

The Greninja is quite curious. Mega Greninja perhaps? Hopefully it'll at least keep Protean if that is what it is.

I wonder if Greninja's new form and Zygarde's various ones are related in terms of form change method, or if they are true megaevolutions. I'm really excited to see what's in store for us next year!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
So. Flubberde, Zygarepede, Zygarde and Zygundam.

I've got immensely mixed feelings about this to be honest. Granted the idea of the core and the miniblobs that it can fuse with is rather cool and I can see these miniblobs as 'field agents' spread out across Kalos and that's how Zygarde monitors the environment. But the dog is immensely random and the Perfect Forme just... I expected more, I guess?

One thing's for sure, this means some heavy changes to the Kalos storyline for Z. That is a VERY GOOD THING.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
That's actually not a movie poster - it's a teaser poster for an upcoming anime story arc, including the upcoming Act IV of the Mega Evolution Specials (which has already been teased to involve Zygarde). Whether or not the Mega Evolution specials will cross over with the mainstream anime plot is a good question, though.

Apparently the Greninja is labelled as Ashgreninja or something similar somewhere on the page. I would not be surprised if its just for the movie and not really a game thing. like a weird transformation that gives it elements of Ash like the black hair tufts and markings that make it look like his hat.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Jeydis Reddit has a theory: Ash's Greninja will be revealed to have Protean, so can change its markings. It'll take Satoshi/Ash's colouration to show its closeness to him.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I actually kinda really like the dog forme even though, as @StellarWind mentioned, it's rather random. XD Kinda sorta really excited regardless, since we finally have at least some word about the next main series game after the release of many different side games. Not that the side games aren't good, but not really my point.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Perhaps Zygarde absorbs all of the little greens to obtain that transformation.
Called it! As did many others >>;

I quite like this new development. I'm predicting Perfect Zygarde to have a BST of 700 like the Kyurems since that would be the same boost it would receive from a Mega Evolution anyway. Of course with Base Zygarde only being 50% power, we could see an unprecedented BST of 1200 from Perfect Z in which case Mega Rayquaza is no longer the most broken PokeGod.

My prediction for Pokemon Z is that throughout the game you randomly encounter Z Cells much like in Crystal where you found Suicune in random locations or the Legendary Birds in XY before the proper battle with them. In the case of the Z Cells, after a while you meet and befriend Garde Dog who assists you with Team Flare shenanigans. As a typical third version, Lysandre captures both Xerneas and Yveltal to give immortality to Team Flare and genocide everyone else. Zygarde alone isn't enough so it must achieve perfection!

I'm actually really excited for Pokemon Z now! :D

So, I'm sure multiple people have already said this, but I don't care. Zygarde seems an awful lot like another green/black creature made of cells... *cough* Cell *cough* I'm still excited, but it really is quite the coincidence.

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
hmm... An updated version of Kalos would be good... Since X and Y feels kinda stale and incomplete to me..

@Jeydis Reddit has a theory: Ash's Greninja will be revealed to have Protean, so can change its markings. It'll take Satoshi/Ash's colouration to show its closeness to him.
ohh... thats a pretty cool detail there..

Last edited by a moderator:
Really and after all this time I thought "Pokémon Z" was a rumor going around and now I think this is gotta be unreal cause seriously "Pokémon Z" sounds like crazy to never happen but ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

At first glance, I don't really like how Zygarde's perfect form looks. It doesn't really look like a Pokemon, it looks more like something the Power Rangers would fight lol. But I am almost sure it will grow on me after some time passes, same with the 50% form.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
I'm VERY excited at the idea that X and Y's dumb story will get elaborated on/changed. Also those Zygarde forms are really cool! My favorite is the 50% form, though :/

I got on Pokemon.com and it called Ash's Greninja's new form 'Ash-Greninja'. It said that it changes form when the bond between it and Ash is its highest and that something like this occured in Kalos hundreds of years ago.
Hope this helps out the people who wanted to know more ;)

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON PO-KAY-MON ZEEEEEEEEE

I'm curious how this will work out in game in terms of Zygarde's formes, I'm seeing people speculate that it will decompose into weaker and weaker components as its health declines. Maybe the cells will be a key item.

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON PO-KAY-MON ZEEEEEEEEE

I'm curious how this will work out in game in terms of Zygarde's formes, I'm seeing people speculate that it will decompose into weaker and weaker components as its health declines. Maybe the cells will be a key item.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a plot point in the soon-to-be-released Pokémon Z or heck, a new Pokémon movie.

The customization must be a thing, it has to be a thing, it is a mandatory thing, it [insert synonym for 'has to' here] be a thing.

So Zygarde uses its cells to reach its "Perfect Forme?" I can't help but feel I've seen this somewhere before...

158614-160_super.jpg

Has to be said, the silhouette made Zygarde's perfect forme look a lot more impressive than it actually is. It looks more like a Megazord than a godlike legendary Pokemon. Also, the 10% form reminds me of Sigma's dog robot from Mega Man X - I'm noticing a theme here.

The Greninja is quite curious. Mega Greninja perhaps? Hopefully it'll at least keep Protean if that is what it is.
I totes got the "perfect form" refrence.