1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokémon Z Teased With Three New Zygarde Formes

1. Teapot

Teapot Virtual Duck Enthusiast
    Staff Member Administrator

It's that time again - CoroCoro has leaked, and with it comes some brand new information on Zygarde and the Pokémon anime. Firstly, the next "series" of the Pokémon anime has been revealed to be called "Pokémon XY & Z" in Japan, and will premiere October 29th. It will contain a Greninja with Satoshi/Ash's colourings.

corocoro10151.jpg

Secondly, we have new information on three new Zygarde formes, which you can see in the middle-left of the image above:
    • The blob teased in last month's CoroCoro is Zygarde's Cell Form (alternately translated as Core Form), and serves as the core for its other forms.
    • A totally new dog-like forme is Zygarde's 10% Forme - it focuses on speed, and has been said to have "sharp teeth".
    • Zygarde's existing forme as of XY and ORAS is now called "50% Forme".
    • The Pokémon shown in the 2016 movie teaser is Zygarde's "Parfect Forme", and is said to exceed Xerneas and Zygarde in power. It is 4.5m tall, 610kg, and retains Zygarde 50% Forme's Dragon/Ground typing.
    For the uninitiated, CoroCoro is a Japanese monthly magazine that often reveals new Pokémon information - as such, all names given here are the Japanese names and may change when The Pokémon Company International reveals this info themselves.

corocoro10152.jpg

So, to recap the rumour mill for Pokémon Z - as of now as we dip into speculation: Because of this reveal, we believe the next main-series Pokémon game to be Pokémon Z rather than Pokémon X2 and Y2. Either way, the next Pokémon game is pretty definitely set in Kalos.

All sources point to the game being released in early-to-mid 2016, especially the official timeline revealed with Pokémon GO!. That means the games themselves will be revealed reasonably soon. I would personally suggest a full game announcement will come in next month's CoroCoro, if The Pokémon Company International don't get there sooner.

#1 Teapot, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Pokécharms News' started by Teapot, Sep 12, 2015.

1. EtherealHaze
      EtherealHaze
      Zygarde’s 10% Form (or as I like to call it, Zydoge) is probably the most random thing ever but I absolutely love it ♥
      I’m not a huge fan of Perfect form since it looks more like a Transformer than a Pokemon, which is a shame since it looked so cool in the silhouette. No doubt it will grow on me though.
    2. KoL
      KoL
      So Zygarde uses its cells to reach its "Perfect Forme?" I can't help but feel I've seen this somewhere before...

[​IMG]

Has to be said, the silhouette made Zygarde's perfect forme look a lot more impressive than it actually is. It looks more like a Megazord than a godlike legendary Pokemon. Also, the 10% form reminds me of Sigma's dog robot from Mega Man X - I'm noticing a theme here.

The Greninja is quite curious. Mega Greninja perhaps? Hopefully it'll at least keep Protean if that is what it is.
    3. Teapot
      Teapot
      The 10% Forme is henceforth known as "Garde Dog". It is decreed.
      Keleri, Burgundy, ToxicSwamp and 10 others like this.
    4. Satoren
      Satoren
      I wonder if Greninja's new form and Zygarde's various ones are related in terms of form change method, or if they are true megaevolutions. I'm really excited to see what's in store for us next year!
    5. StellarWind Elsydeon
      StellarWind Elsydeon
      So. Flubberde, Zygarepede, Zygarde and Zygundam.

I've got immensely mixed feelings about this to be honest. Granted the idea of the core and the miniblobs that it can fuse with is rather cool and I can see these miniblobs as 'field agents' spread out across Kalos and that's how Zygarde monitors the environment. But the dog is immensely random and the Perfect Forme just... I expected more, I guess?

One thing's for sure, this means some heavy changes to the Kalos storyline for Z. That is a VERY GOOD THING.
      Burgundy, NebulaPond, Drider and 7 others like this.
    6. _Umbreon_
      _Umbreon_
      Did you guys notice the pink Crystals? Maybe Diancie is in this movie as well...
    7. StellarWind Elsydeon
      StellarWind Elsydeon
      That's actually not a movie poster - it's a teaser poster for an upcoming anime story arc, including the upcoming Act IV of the Mega Evolution Specials (which has already been teased to involve Zygarde). Whether or not the Mega Evolution specials will cross over with the mainstream anime plot is a good question, though.
    8. _Umbreon_
      _Umbreon_
      *FacePalm*

Do you know if the anime is going to the Americas?
    9. StellarWind Elsydeon
      StellarWind Elsydeon
      No reason why it shouldn't. It has been so far, complete with the mega evolution specials. xP
    10. Alice's dead account
      Alice's dead account
      ............I was expecting a X2 or another kanto remake or a new generation to my collection of games..........not a stupid and useless third version..............
    11. Special Riolu
    12. Peachy Ace
      Peachy Ace
      Thats amazing ash's Frogedier evolved into Greninga!I really cant wait!
    13. Special Riolu
      Special Riolu
      *Face Slap* Garde Dog, seems legit.
    14. Jeydis
      Jeydis
      Apparently the Greninja is labelled as Ashgreninja or something similar somewhere on the page. I would not be surprised if its just for the movie and not really a game thing. like a weird transformation that gives it elements of Ash like the black hair tufts and markings that make it look like his hat.
    15. Teapot
      Teapot
      @Jeydis Reddit has a theory: Ash's Greninja will be revealed to have Protean, so can change its markings. It'll take Satoshi/Ash's colouration to show its closeness to him.
      RafuRum likes this.
    16. Peachy Ace
    17. Shiny Pyxis
      Shiny Pyxis
      I actually kinda really like the dog forme even though, as @StellarWind mentioned, it's rather random. XD Kinda sorta really excited regardless, since we finally have at least some word about the next main series game after the release of many different side games. Not that the side games aren't good, but not really my point.
      EtherealHaze and Hollow Omega like this.
    18. Mr.Munchlax
      Mr.Munchlax
      To be honest, I'm more interested in Greninja's new look since it could mean we could be getting more Gen VI mega evolutions in the near future
      Alice's dead account likes this.
    19. Psycho Monkey
      Psycho Monkey
      Called it! As did many others >>;

I quite like this new development. I'm predicting Perfect Zygarde to have a BST of 700 like the Kyurems since that would be the same boost it would receive from a Mega Evolution anyway. Of course with Base Zygarde only being 50% power, we could see an unprecedented BST of 1200 from Perfect Z in which case Mega Rayquaza is no longer the most broken PokeGod.

My prediction for Pokemon Z is that throughout the game you randomly encounter Z Cells much like in Crystal where you found Suicune in random locations or the Legendary Birds in XY before the proper battle with them. In the case of the Z Cells, after a while you meet and befriend Garde Dog who assists you with Team Flare shenanigans. As a typical third version, Lysandre captures both Xerneas and Yveltal to give immortality to Team Flare and genocide everyone else. Zygarde alone isn't enough so it must achieve perfection!

I'm actually really excited for Pokemon Z now! :D
      Satoren and Mr.Munchlax like this.
    20. Nshadow64
      Nshadow64
      So, I'm sure multiple people have already said this, but I don't care. Zygarde seems an awful lot like another green/black creature made of cells... *cough* Cell *cough* I'm still excited, but it really is quite the coincidence.
      ToxicSwamp likes this.
    21. OnePiecefan11
      OnePiecefan11
      Good thing Zygarde is getting more attention now.
    22. RafuRum
      RafuRum
      hmm... An updated version of Kalos would be good... Since X and Y feels kinda stale and incomplete to me..

ohh... thats a pretty cool detail there..
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
      _Umbreon_ likes this.
    23. Swampert "Beef Cake" Poke
      Swampert "Beef Cake" Poke
      i support the idea that they will open out southern kalos, since it is mentioned but never accessed.... or have i told you about this already?
      RafuRum likes this.
    24. flamefireguyXZ
      flamefireguyXZ
      I WANT THOSE FORMS AND THE GRENINJA
    25. Peachy Ace
      Peachy Ace
      Oh wait i saw serena's eevee!
    26. BryceTehTrainer
      BryceTehTrainer
      Really and after all this time I thought "Pokémon Z" was a rumor going around and now I think this is gotta be unreal cause seriously "Pokémon Z" sounds like crazy to never happen but ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
    27. _Umbreon_
      _Umbreon_
      Watch it be next Pokemon ABC a game for young Pokemon enthusiasts who like learning about the alphabet
    28. kirikizanite
      kirikizanite
      At first glance, I don't really like how Zygarde's perfect form looks. It doesn't really look like a Pokemon, it looks more like something the Power Rangers would fight lol. But I am almost sure it will grow on me after some time passes, same with the 50% form.
    29. BryceTehTrainer
    30. Burgundy
      Burgundy
      I'm VERY excited at the idea that X and Y's dumb story will get elaborated on/changed. Also those Zygarde forms are really cool! My favorite is the 50% form, though :/
    31. ~Pokelover~
      ~Pokelover~
      rly? my new fav is 10%
    32. Wally00
      Wally00
      I like neither the anime nor Greninja, but I have to admit that Ash's Greninja is nice. By the way, Zygarde's forms are cool!
    33. ~Pokelover~
      ~Pokelover~
      I got on Pokemon.com and it called Ash's Greninja's new form 'Ash-Greninja'. It said that it changes form when the bond between it and Ash is its highest and that something like this occured in Kalos hundreds of years ago.
      Hope this helps out the people who wanted to know more ;)
    34. Keleri
      Keleri
      FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON PO-KAY-MON ZEEEEEEEEE

I'm curious how this will work out in game in terms of Zygarde's formes, I'm seeing people speculate that it will decompose into weaker and weaker components as its health declines. Maybe the cells will be a key item.
      ~Pokelover~ likes this.
    35. MegaBlastoise15
      MegaBlastoise15
      I wouldn't be surprised if that was a plot point in the soon-to-be-released Pokémon Z or heck, a new Pokémon movie.
    36. RafuRum
      RafuRum
      now that you've mentioned it... :D I guess we just have lots of things in-store for the next game :D also trainer customization should return.. :3
    37. ~Pokelover~
      ~Pokelover~
      YAY I love the Trainer Customization!!!
    38. Ryuuga
      Ryuuga
      The customization must be a thing, it has to be a thing, it is a mandatory thing, it [insert synonym for 'has to' here] be a thing.
    39. the larped
      the larped
      I totes got the "perfect form" refrence.