• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon XD... Can I have ketchup for my hat?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"Woah... Seriously?"

That's the best way I can describe my reaction to Gary's latest Reggie news without sounding like a n00b. Is he serious? A true, honest-to-goodness RPG...? FOR REAL?! After all the raving I've done against one ever being possible, is Nintendo really backing out on their statement of days gone by? It seemed like a pretty firm statement at the time, too ... DAMN! I hope beyond hope he's telling the truth and not simply getting info muddled up. I want to believe in you, Reggie! :(

I was happy enough with Colosseum 2, but now this seems better than ever. With Collosseum they simply worked off of the already established Pokemon Universe without creating anything new... With a true RPG anything could happen. Easily.

Thoughts? Curses? I just have one last thing to say...

OMGWTFBBQ!

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I would reserve the hat-eating until there is a bit more evidence to go on. Plenty of times games execs have declared that fans of a series are getting the hottest new thing since sliced bread, and by the time it limps into the shops it's been downgraded into mouldy old stale bread.

But if it is an RPG - it needs a female playable character all the more!!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed! Reggie compared it to R/S, and this game would have to do quite a bit to reach their levels of greatness. Yet it's hard to say if his definition of a "true" RPG is the same as ours. Will you battle Gyms or have a story like in Colosseum? (Not that it'd matter to me; I'd rather a story-based game, just one deeper and more complete than Colosseum's) And will you get to pick your starter? How long will the game be? How many wild Pokemon will there be to catch? And will the music quality be as good as the GBA games?

Since this will only have one version it won't be exactly the same as the GBA games, yet they could still make it very close to 'em. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

baratron

Staff member
Raichu said:
And will the music quality be as good as the GBA games?
As long as the music's an improvement from Colosseum, I really don't care :p.

"Raichu said:
Since this will only have one version it won"]could[/b] mean an end to the 2 version thing. Instead, different Pokemon might get released in different regions or something, and you have to trade with people over the net to get them all...

baratron

Staff member
!!! :shock:

Woah.

I could get into MMORPGs if they involved Pokemon.

For the sake of my social life, I HOPE that isn't going to be the case :twisted:.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm torn on the whole idea. One side of me sees all the faults in a Pokemon MMORPG (generally I hate the whole concept of online RPGs), but other thinks it'd be the most awesome game ever. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I've brainstormed about how great one would be various times in the past. So... yeah.
Chances are, though, if one ever saw one to buy I'd snatch it up in a second ^^;