• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon X & Y To Have Presentation At E3

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
As we move closer and closer to June many gamers are looking forward to E3 and the gaming goodness it's sure to bring. Now, while Nintendo is stepping somewhat out of the limelight of things this year, that hasn't stopped them from announcing something quite interesting for Pokémon fans today. It has been confirmed that Nintendo will be hosting a special Pokémon X and Pokémon Y presentation at E3 along with a questions and answers segment.
pokemon-xy-at-e3.png
The closed door presentation is being run by Junichi Masuda and Tsunekazu Ishihara, and while it currently isn't clear if Nintendo will publicly publish any information from the presentation there have been rumours of a new edition of Nintendo Direct's spin-off, Pokémon Direct,being released sometime during early June. Chances are anything of note would be revealed to the public then.

The presentation will be held on the 11th of June at 6PM pacific time (2AM for those of us in the UK), after Nintendo release their latest edition of Nintendo Direct. It's also worth noting that the event will run for 90 minutes in total, so it should throw up some interesting details one way or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone on this site goes to this conference, ask them if they plan on allowing the trainer to visit all 6 current regions if the game franchise continues to expand... plzzzz! For me?

I'm hoping we'll get a definite type for Sylveon announced, or at least the types of the Legendaries. All this mystery about their types is making wonder if new type(s) will be in Gen VI or not, and I would just like to see if anyone speculated what it might be beforehand. There's been some thrown around, like Light, Sound, and Fairy types, but it would be nice to see it set in stone.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's fairly notable that both Junichi Masuda and Tsunekazu Ishihara will be there, so hopefully this does lead to some solid news reveals either during the presentation or outside of it as part of a Nintendo Direct/Pokemon Direct feature. Either way, consider me curious to find out what gets discussed. :)

I expect a lot of this will be about the development of the game, rather than new features and info. Nevertheless, it's great to see a main series Pokémon at E3.

I doubt we'll find out about Sylveon's type. It will presumably be revealed in the short.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Lucidia Goth said:
If anyone on this site goes to this conference, ask them if they plan on allowing the trainer to visit all 6 current regions if the game franchise continues to expand... plzzzz! For me?
None of the Pokécharms staff will be attending E3 or this conference, I'm afraid :) However, it is very unlikely that the game will involve the trainer visiting all six regions in the near future, if ever, simply due to the amount of development work that'd require.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what is revealed. Hopefully it will be something suitably interesting!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Toastie said:
I expect a lot of this will be about the development of the game, rather than new features and info. Nevertheless, it's great to see a main series Pokémon at E3.

I dunno, they have 90 minutes to kill and I doubt the questions and answers will be longer than 30-40 at the most, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them finally revealing some gameplay info and how they've shaken it up from the last generation, maybe they'll even discuss the plans for how players will be connecting via online and suchlike (although that's probably not that likely at this stage).

It also lands in the same week that CoroCoro will be released in Japan (which will have X/Y information), so I wouldn't rule out things being discussed at this event, even if they just have a nice new trailer to show off.

Really though, I'm just very curious and hoping some journalist publishes the questions and answers segment, because even if some of the questions aren't X/Y related, I always found this things very interesting. ^^

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Bumping with an important update: The official Pokémon Twitter account (@Pokemon) has revealed they'll be tweeting live from the E3 presentation, so we'll get to hear all the news. ^__^

Honestly, I don't care if it's 2am, I will be awake and hugely excited for this~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So that pretty much reconfirms that it's a closed conference, eh? At least they're planning to get the news out publicly in some official manner. That's pretty cool. ^^