• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon X & Y Leaks - Pokécharms Stand

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Pokémon X & Y.jpg
Earlier this evening it was revealed that a store in Canada broke the street date for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and sold at least one copy of the games. As such details about the games are beginning to leak from the lucky fans who got their hands on a copy, and so we decided it's time to discuss just where Pokécharms stands on reporting these leaks.

Here at Pokécharms we're huge fans of Pokémon too, and this generation we decided as a team that we didn't want to spoil the games on ourselves. We want to go into our Kalos adventures as blind as we can. So, from this point onwards Pokecharms.com will only be covering Pokémon X and Pokémon Y news that comes from official sources, such as Nintendo, TPCi and so forth. We won't be actively looking through the leaked information and won't be reporting any of it, as again we'd rather be able to enjoy the games ourselves once they're officially released and in our hands.

Because of this we'd also like to announce a pause on our Cryptidex project. Since we started the Cryptidex, not long after the reveal of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, we've had great fun and taken great pride in keeping it updated with all the new Pokémon as they're revealed. However, again in the spirit of not spoiling the games for ourselves we've decided that we won't be updating the Cryptidex with Pokémon revealed through the leaks between now and the 12th of October.

Additionally, from the 12th of October when Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are officially released, we'll be taking a two week break to fully enjoy the games and thus won't be adding any new Pokémon to the Cryptidex unless they've been revealed by Nintendo or another official source during that time.

We'll be taking the same stand with the Cryptidex as we are with the news where we'll keep updating it with Pokémon and new information that has been officially revealed. However, after our two week break is up we fully intend to work on completing the Cryptidex and add pages for every new Pokémon introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y along with a page for each of the Mega Evolutions. We'll also be updating all our other information pages and likely making a few more too!

We've announced this slightly earlier than originally planned as the embargo for the review copies of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y isn't up until the 4th of October and none of us expected the games to begin to leak this soon. Nevertheless we hope that you respect our decision on the news and Cryptidex and stick with us for the weeks to come. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I, for one, am happy about this. I don't want to know everything there is to know about the game before playing; that derives from the fun of the game. The only spoiler information I want to know, which I'll find out somewhere else in any rate, is the full Pokedex of Kalos Pokemon, so I know all the different species. Once I know that, I can begin formulating teams. Other then that, though, I'm fine with remaining in the dark somewhat, so thank you! :D

I'm fine with this. The only important thing I want to know are the final forms of the starters, as that's a fairly important decisive factor for the game, in my opinion.

A wise move, Nintendo was not particularly happy with this certain store, and with all the leaks that have come out in between. I myself ended up with one of said leaks slapped in my face, though I won't go into detail about what I've been told, hopefully it'll be the only one I'll see between now and the official release date.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
From what I understand, the Cryptidex will eventually cover all Kalos Pokémon, Mega evolutions, and as many mechanics as we can explore, although you'd need to ask @Linkachu or @Demelza for the specifics. :)

@MandyLandy62 & @Hayley Waalen: To add to what Teapot has said here, the Cryptidex will be covering all new Pokemon and new Pokemon forms (such as Mega evolutions) but it won't be covering Pokemon that were first introduced in previous generations (ie. Pikachu). Instead we have different plans for how we will eventually handle all of that information, which we'll hopefully be able to share with everyone in the coming months. Can't say anything more on that project now (nor may be able to for quite some time) but in the meantime I hope you keep enjoying the Cryptidex. ^^