• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Worldwide Adventures

I like to welcome you to the world of Pokemon, where our heroes will explore all the different regions of the Pokemon World. Beginning in Kanto where Professor Oak is ready to give out Pokemon to new beginning trainers.

Rules
-As always review the Pokecharms Rules, every, single, one...
-As well, Pokemon Teams must be constructed using the current Gen the RP is on, or ones before it, no Pokemon Past a Generation will be allowed.
-Play an active role in the RP, get involved and keep in contact
-Trainer on Trainer violence is not going to be allowed unless for comedic purposes, same goes for Trainer on Pokemon Violence (except for antagonists)
-No. Mary. Sues!

RP START:

"So this is Pallet Town looks like we finally made it Growlithe" Chase smiled as he and the little fire dog got off the small boat the bought them. "Thanks again for the ride Mister Morgan" Chase said waving goodbye to the old man.

"It was no trouble Chase make sure you have fun on your journey" Morgan smiled as watched the boy walk away.

"Ok, if I'm reading this map right we should be arriving at Professor Oak's Lab pretty soon" Chase told his pokemon as he puts his Town Map back inside his bag. After awhile of walking Chase founded himself standing outside the gate that leads to Oak's Lab. "Alright I just need to open the gate head inside to meet Professor Oak" Chase smiled as he goes to open the gate after giving it a few good tugs but it wouldn't open that when he noticed the sign saying the gate will open be open at a certain time. "Come on you are telling me I'm early well looks like we'll be waiting a little longer to start our journey" Chase said looking down at his pokemon who was already sitting more than happy to wait with it's trainer.

A car pulled up close to the Professor's lab, it was still quite a walk away, but it was as close as they could park and Anthony wanted to get a bit of walking in him before he started his journey. Beside him was his beloved Pokemon partner, Munchlax who happily gobbled a Sitrus berry that Anthony knew as his 'between meal snack', Anthony didn't mind his partner's gluttony as it reminded him of his grandfather's Snorlax who he used to play with a lot when he was younger.

"I'm still so surprised to see that this day's finally here; I'm gonna become a Pokemon trainer!" Anthony said with a rather excited tone. "It's a big step in your life, son. You never know what may happen during your travels, but it's a great way to make friends... your mother and I met on our journey, so who knows what the future will have in store." Anthony's father explained as they all stepped out of the car and looked up at the lab. "I'm sure you'll find lots of amazing Pokemon on your adventure, it'll be so different to see you travelling the region, maybe even the world." His mother said before she leaned in to give her son a kiss on his forehead. Both parents and son... and Pokemon all shared one more hug before Anthony made his way up towards the lab, he gave his parents one last smile and wave before he noticed another would-be trainer who seemed to have arrived before he did... and have trouble with the gate.

"Hey there, something up with the ga-..." Before Anthony could finish his sentence, he noticed the sign that explained everything and opened his mouth. "Right... guess our journey's gonna have to wait a lil' longer..." Anthony said with a somewhat annoyed look as he leaned against the fence, Munchlax almost mimicked his trainer as he too leaned against the wall and folded his arms with a pout... that was before his curiosity got the better of him and he decided to walk up to the Growlithe and introduce himself. "How long do you think we'll have to wait?" Anthony asked the other trainer before he went to check his phone.

"I honestly don't know I've only been here for a few minutes waiting" Chase said scratching the back of his head sheepishly as he turned to face the other boy, "The names Chase but the way I would like to introduce Growlite but it would seam your Munchlax already beat me to it" Chase look down to see both pokemon talking to each other. "I take it your also here to meet Professor Oak so you can get started with your journey" Chase asked the other boy as he walked towards him.

Anthony folded his arms as he let one foot rest against the fence. "Hmmm, no I was actually here to see if I could get my flu shot." Anthony said with a clear tone of sarcasm and a smug grin on his face. "But... yeah, I am. Munchlax is as friendly as he's hungry, and he's almost always hungry. You can call me Anthony." He added with a more friendly smile. "I kinda hoped we didn't have to wait, you think we got here too early?"

"Nice to meet you Anthony and yeah I think we have I haven't came across any other trainers on the way here" Chase said with a small frown, "But hey he'll have to open this gate sometime he can't make us wait forever" Chase smiled as he leaned against the fence next to Anthony. "I guess we'll just have to kick back and relax until that times comes" Chase sighed as looked up at sky watching a flock of Pidgeys fly pass.

jakeorsmtn

Previously ☆ JakeOS ☆
As the two were talking, Aster pulled up in a moving van next to one of the houses in the small town. He hopped out, with his Nidoran beside him. He looked over the town and noticed a couple people standing by one of the larger buildings. He then ran over to them, "Hey! I'm new to the Kanto region! Are you guys from here as well? By the way, my name's Aster!" He said, with a smile on his face. "Oh, and this is my Nidoran, his name is King."

Jinx was a bit unhappy that her friend was running ahead of her. Joyce her happiny was chasing an egg shaped object in Pallet town, which landed at the foot of a trainer who was with a growlithe. The person that chased after Joyce was, Jinx who had an eevee on her shoulder. "I am so glad you are ok Joyce, what were you thinking running off like that." After picking up both the egg shaped stone, and Joyce, she turned to the fence and the people there. "Oh I am so sorry I did not notice you guys there. I am Jinx Falls, by the way, the eevee on my shoulder is Faith, and the happiny in my arms is Joyce."

Chase was just daydreaming as he continued to stare up at the sky. When he suddenly felt something hit his feet looking back down he saw the two new arrivals who greeted themselves, "Oh, sorry about I sometimes get lost in my own thoughts sometimes it's nice to meet you all" Chase greeted while scratching the back of his head out of embarrassment. "Well seeing as you both just got here it's only fair to let you know that the gates are locked and won't be opening for awhile so I guess you'll just be hanging out with us until it opens. Oh, I completely forgot my names Chase by the way nice to meet ya" Chase said smiling.

Last edited:

jakeorsmtn

Previously ☆ JakeOS ☆
Aster looked at the gate, noticing that it was in fact locked. "Well, I guess we have a bit of waiting to do. That's not a problem, though! We can all get to know eachother a bit more. So, what brings you here to Kanto?" Aster asked everyone, with a smile on his face. "I'm from Johto, and I came here because my mom found a good job at Silph Co." Aster explained. He then looked at King, and said; "Oh, and King here is from Route 35. I found him while messing around in the tall grass a couple years ago."

Anthony smiled and waved lightly at the newly arrived would be trainers. "Hey there, I'm Anthony." He said with a smile as Munchlax walked up to greet the other Pokemon. "As for your question, Aster... I live in Kanto, Lavender Town to be more exact. I actually had Munchlax gifted to me by my grandfather because of how often I used to play with his Snorlax." Anthony explained as he smiled at the nostalgia before he looked at the Eevee and Happiny under the ownership of Jinx. "They both look really cute, not gonna lie."

After getting lost in Mt. Moon for about 5 hours, along with a slight detour to the Pewter Museum, George finally arrived to Pallet Town. He grinned as he proudly paced towards the lab, before noticing that there was a huge crowd at the front gate. The boy gave a look to the group of 4 as he joined them.

"Hey," George said, raising his hand as a greeting, before taking a small sketchbook and a pencil out of his trouser pockets. It was a good way to pass the time for him. This particular sketch was about a few small Pokémon he spotted on his way here, a Caterpie and Weedle in Viridian Forest.

jakeorsmtn

Previously ☆ JakeOS ☆
"Soo... when is the professor going to get here?" Aster questioned, as it had been about 20 minutes since everyone got there. Aster than took out one of the boxes from the moving truck he arrived in and took a ukulele out. He then began Quietly strumming a random song to himself to pass the time. It seemed like they would be there for a while.

"Oh so this is where the professor is. I was wondering as I could not find the place at all. I can get a bit lost in new places. Though I know my home city pretty well as I am from Jubilife City in the Sinnoh region." Jinx had a smile on her face as she spoke. It only grew bigger as Anthony complemented her pokemon, who both perked up as they heard him call them cute. "Why thank you I am sure Joyce and Faith liked your complement as well."

"Then I'm happy I made them happy." Anthony said with a smile on his face. "Sinnoh, huh? Well aren't you a long way from home?" He asked rhetorically, Munclax on the other hand went to greet the Happiny and Eevee before he smiled at Jinx and stared at her before he turned his head to Anthony with a smirk. Anthony took a few minutes to understand what Munchlax' facial expression meant before his cheeks went a little bit red and silently shook his head at Munchlax. "I swear if we have to wait here for a lot longer..." He said before he sighed.

"Are we there yet?"

A sigh came from the front of the car as Hana's father rubbed his eyes. "At last, we are. Even though you asked that question not even five minutes ago and we were in Viridian City back then." The vehicle stopped and a girl practically fell out of the backseat, clearly eager to start her adventure. Although ready to leave, her father called her back. "Hold it Hana, one last check before you leave." Hana groaned as she walked back to the car.

"Bag?"

"On my back."

"Sleeping bag?"

"In my bag."

"Glasses?"

"On my face."

"Rascal?"

"Right behind me, and they're named Billy."

As if on cue, a Voltorb showed itself from behind Hana and let out its cry, causing a wave of relief to wash over the tired parent. "Good, good. Keep them close, as I doubt you can find a new Voltorb around here. I've gotta go now, have fun sweetheart." He gave his daughter a kiss on her forehead before turning the engine on again. "Good luck sweetie!"

"Bye dad!" Hana waved at her father until he was out of sight, giving her Voltorb full attention. "The big day is finally here! Let's go Billy, it's time for an adventure!" The electric type let out a cry in agreement and followed their trainer to a group of people that had gathered in the town. "Hiya, how are you all? My name is Hana and this is Billy, nice to meet you all! How long have you been waiting? Is this your first adventure? Do you have any tips or something?" She fired off question after question at rapid speed, seemingly unaware or not caring about the speed at which she spoke.

jakeorsmtn

Previously ☆ JakeOS ☆
Aster noticed the newcomer, and put down his instrument. "Oh, hey! I'm Aster, nice to meet ya! And to answer all your questions, we've been waiting for around half an hour, this is my first adventure, I don't know about anyone else here, and I do not have any tips. This is totally new to me." Aster answer the questions about as fast as they came his way. "So, what brings you to Kanto?" He asked Hana.

Hana pouted for a moment, though she appreciated that her questions were answered so fast. "Oh, I was born in Kanto. Vermilion City to be exact, the port of exquisite sunsets according to the town maps. The electric gym leader Lt. Surge has his gym there, his title is the Lightning American and he gave my parents Billy here to give to me!" At the mention of their name, the Voltorb rolled over to Aster and crackled with electricity. The intentions of the Electric type were unclear, but it was probably for the best if Aster didn't try and pet Billy.

jakeorsmtn

Previously ☆ JakeOS ☆
As the electric Pokemon started to roll over, King peeked out from behind Aster. "Oh, this is my Nidoran," He said, watching his Pokemon go over to Billy. "Well, I'm not sure when the professor is going to get here, so get comfy 'cause it's gonna be a while." Aster then sat back down and started playing his ukulele again.

Anthony turned his head to the newcomer while his Munchlax approached to say hello. "Hey there, the name's Anthony, this is Munchlax. Born and raised in Lavender town and hoping to become a great Pokemon trainer like a lot of other people here... I really wished the Professor would arrive soon so we can get ourselves properly ready for our journeys." He said with the latter part adopt the tone of a complained as he leaned back against the fence.

"Yo, my names Chase and I'm from Cinnabar Island it's a pleasure to meet you all" Chase greeted the arrivals with a smile. Growlithe also let out a few happy barks at seeing all the different people and their pokemon. As the trainers continued to talk among themselves the gate begun to automatically open wide Chase was the first to notice. "It's about time I thought I would have had to camp out for the night" Chase said happy the gates had finally opened, "What are you guys waiting for last one there is a Slokepoke" Chase laughed as he and Growlithe started to run for the stairs that leaded to Professor Oak's Lab.

"About time! Come on Munchlax, let's not waste another second." Anthony said as he rushed through the gate towards the lab, he didn't know how well everyone else kept up, but his Munchlax had no problems whatsoever, the little Pokemon easily matched Anthony in running speed. "I can't wait to finally get the last bits of stuff we need before our Pokemon journeys!" He said while Munchlax let our a cry in agreement before Anthony decided to pick up the Pokemon and carry him.

George glanced up from his sketch book to see the gates finally opening. He knew it was quite a long time, but he was able to finish the sketch of the two bugs from Viridian Forest, even going over the faint pencil lines with a thick black biro pen and quickly drafting the background. He quickly shut the book and put away the book, pencils and pens back into his trouser pockets, before slowly walking past the gate with the two that had already gone through.

"So... I'm George," he said to the others when he realised he never actually gave them his name, "I'm from Cerulean City. Sorry for not saying it sooner, I just got caught up in my sketching."
He abruptly glanced down at the ground, not being able to think of anything else to say.

"Haha first!" Chase smiled as he was the first one to make it inside the lab. Inside the lab was a lot bigger than Chase thought as looked around seeing all the books and machines flashing as he continued to make his way deeper into the lab. Where he saw a much older man with grey hair and a lab coat busy texting away on his computer. "Umm..excuse me are you Professor Oak?" Chase asked as he made his way towards the man.

Hearing the new voice the man stopped what he was doing as he turned to face the boy. "Oh, yes I am I take it you're one of the many trainers I have scheduled today to start your journeys" Professor Oak said while walking up to a machine pressing a button on it. As the machine begun to open it revealed three pokeballs inside it. "Allow me to introduce you to the three starters that you have the option to take with you on your journey" Professor Oak informed Chase as he tossed up all three balls in a flash of light stood three different pokemon.

"Wow they all look so cool I don't know who to pick" Chase said as he took a look that his options, "Who do you think we should pick Growlithe?" Chase asked looking down at his partner. Growlithe looked that the three pokemon in front of it after thinking over for minute Growlithe started to walk towards the blue turtle pokemon and sitting next to it. "So you want us to take Squirtle with us on our journey huh sounds good to me welcome aboard Squirtle" Chase smiled as bent down petting the small water pokemon.

"So you picked Squirtle good choice I want to let you know that Squirtle was freshly hatched it might take sometime before it's ready to battle so please be patience with" Professor told Chase as he handed him Squirtle's pokeball along with five empty ones as well as upgrade Chase's Rotom Phone with a Pokedex function.

"Thanks Professor the others such be coming soon so be ready" Chase thanked the man as he started to make his way out of the lab with Growlithe and Squirtle following close behind him.

jakeorsmtn

Previously ☆ JakeOS ☆
Aster looked in awe at the Pokemon that had just been let out of the Pokeball. It was nothing like he had ever seen before and was excited to choose one. He just wasn't sure who to pick. He thought; about the type dynamic he wanted for his team and he realized that if he wanted the best coverage he could get, he would need to chose the grass type Pokemon presented in front of him. That wasn't a problem, however, as it was his favorite. "Alright, I think I'm going to chose the grass type one... Bulbasaur, was it?" He looked at the grass lizard and knew that he has chosen right. "Well... I think I'm gonna name you Boba!" Bulbasaur let out a happy cry, happy to join the team.

Jinx walked along the path to the lab, as she did not want to run. Joyce was in her arms as she made it to the older professor. Faith on the other hand made the journey on her shoulder. Jinx was hoping to be able to pick up a bulbasuar, but another trainer had already chosen them. "Professor I do not need a pokemon, as I do not plan on going onto battling the gyms, as such I just need my pokedex updated."

Anthony put his hands to his knees and leaned forward when he arrived at the doorstep of the lab, clearly tired from that run, hopefully the journey will help him with his stamina as he looked up with slight annoyance to see how he wasn't first. "Damn it..." He said while Munchlax also looked winded from the run as he leaned against his trainer's leg. When Anthony caught his breath, he joined Chase inside the lab and looked around before he saw Professor Oak approach them and smiled when he saw the three starters emerge from their Poke balls.

Anthony pondered when he had a look at them before he shrugged. "To be honest, Professor, I think I'm happy with my Munchlax here, and if I picked one of them while I already have a Pokemon with me, it wouldn't be fair on the others that don't have a Pokemon." He said with a smile while Munchlax folded his arms and nodded in agreement. Professor Oak nodded as he went to collect and hand Anthony his Pokedex... or rather helped him update the Pokedex feature on Anthony's Rotom phone.

When Anthony's Pokedex was sorted out, he put his phone away and gave a light wave to the Professor before he turned to walk out of the lab, one hand went to look in his bag which seemed to have a few potions, Poke balls--and a Premier ball as well as several snacks for himself and Munchlax, the latter closely followed Anthony as both trainer and Pokemon made their way out of the lab, ready and prepared to begin their Pokemon journey.