• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon World Championship Discussion

Roleplay: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-pokemon-world-championship.20115

WELCOME TO THE

POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

"...AND welcome back to all our loyal viewers out there! I'm your reporter host, Ben Keith, joining you once again from the beautiful Akala Island here in the Alola region for our continued coverage of this year's Pokémon World Championship!

And for those just joining us, what a fantastic week it has been so far! Over 200 promising young trainers from around the globe were carefully selected for this prestigious event. The stakes are high in this single elimination tournament and over the last four days of glorious battles, our TOP 8 finalists have begun to emerge!

Tonight, we join the battle between Xxxx Xxxxxx and Xxx Xxxx in the magnificent Battle Royal Dome, a location leased and reserved through the help of this year's PWC sponsor. And while we wait for this epic battle to commence, let me take a moment to tell you a bit about this year's generous sponsor, The Aether Foundation!

Making a profound debut in recent years, the Aether Foundation has since cemented itself as a leader in

pokémon research and rehabilitation. To celebrate the unity between pokémon and trainer, the founder of this privately owned organization, has generously offered to only sponsor all festivities for this year's event, but will be hosting the quarter-, semi-, and final matches at their very own Aether Paradise! A record setting man-made island located in the middle of the Alola Region, the floating structure has long been a source of conjecture for island inhabitants. But now, as they open their door for event participants and ticket holders that air of mystery may soon be behind them. Sorry folks, all tickets for this exclusive event have been sold out for months, but every match will be broadcast over the Pokemon Showdown App for viewing from the comfort of your own home. And of course, our own reports will be on site to report every battle blow-by-blow on the road to crowning this year's Pokémon World Champion!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Plot Preview:
This roleplay takes place a few years prior to the events of Pokémon Sun and Moon, in the time period between the creation of Secret Lab 1 File #18 and File #44 (See Files Records). The Aether Foundation's secret creation, Type: Full, has proved itself to be a failed venture; the first two models rejected the RKS system, became mentally unstable and attempted to attack their creators; forcing them to confine their failed experiments. In the hopes of strengthening their third and final Type:Full model before attempting another RKS system test, The lead scientists proposed collecting genetic material from 'stronger' specimens and graft it into the remaining model to combat the compatibility issue. But for this, they needed donors of considerable power...

With this ulterior motive in mind, the Aether Foundation Founder, Lusamine, reached out to the Pokémon World Championship organization with the generous offer to sponsor that year's event. And in the seeming benign act of hosting the final event, she would bring the world's most powerful trainers and their pokémon 'specimens' within reach of her scientists. As the TOP 8 finalists board their private ferry to Aether Paradise, their minds are focused on the decisive battles yet to come, not on their seemingly angelic host and her staff...

Will include appearances by

Canon NPCs: Lusamine, Faba, Wicke, Gladion (child), Lillie (child)
Legendaries:
silvally.png
(limited to a battle encounter late RP)
cosmog.png
(limited to a sighting in Secret Lab #1 late RP)

Rules
1. Obey all PokeCharm Regulations
2. All applicants MUST have access to Pokemon Showdown
(All Battles will take place on Showdown to ensure fair results)
3. All applicants must be able to commit to active participation in the roleplay.
Failure to respond may result in the disqualification of your trainer
4. All applicant trainers must have a minimum of 8 badges (with prior
league experience preferred) and full team of 6 pokémon
5. Limit of 1 trainer character per person
6. Legendaries, Mega-Evolutions, and Battle Bonds will be permitted, but
only IF they have been pre-approved by Admins.

OTHER INFORMATION / DISCLAIMERS:
The layout of Aether Paradise will exactly mirror it's appearance in US/UM,
with the addition of the Aether Arena accessible from the Outdoor platform.

Aether Paradise uses a jamming signal to prevent the use of all pokéballs, including trainer
pokémon, in all restricted areas. Use of all pokémon will be limited to the Aether
arena and the outdoor observation deck.

The lower levels of Aether Paradise are limited to Aether staff only and is STRICTLY ENFORCED.

Attempted access to the lower levels will result in immediate disqualification from the PWC.

TOP 8 CONTENDER SLOTS
5. Anthos Xxxxxx
6. Kaleb Storm
7. RESERVED for GalacticDeg
8. Natalie Hopkins

Name:
Hometown, Region:
Personality:
Backstory:
Pokemon Team:
(Please include Nicknames, Species, Nature and Ability for each)

Now accepting applications!

Aether Paradise Staff
All Aether staff are NPC and each had an NPC status. Playable characters are available for another to roleplay in order to move the roleplay forward faster. Keep in mind some NPCs will be marked NON-Playable if their character holds sensitive information not yet released to roleplayers.

Catamaran Layout
Catamaran Staff
Name: Daniel Rhodes
Aether Position: Ferry Supervisor / Captain
Description: Daniels had dark skin and even darker short brown hair, which is just long enough to pull back into a small ponytail. His green eyes are rather stern and he wears a stoic expression whenever his 'professional face' falters. He seems to watch the finalists with careful precision and is quite guarded when it comes to discussing the Aether Foundation in great detail.
Name: Cassie Darling
Aether Position: Ferry Hostess
Description: Cassie has short, brown hair that falls just about her shoulders, light brown eyes, and a very tan complexion. Cassie is a very chipper individual, always wearing a bright and kind smile. Though well-informed about her job, she comes off as a bit dense in other matters.
Name: Troy Edwards
Aether Position: Ferry Chef
Description: Troy has short blonde hair, cut very close to his scalp, with bright blue eyes and pristine white teeth. He is large in size than either of his other ferry staff members and well muscled. He is also the only one to wear pokeballs openly on his waist belt and willingly admits to being an accomplished trainer himself. Troy openly envies the finalists for their participation in the tournament, something all Aether employees were apparently disqualified for due their employment with the event sponsor.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for offer ^~^ Like yo It's such a cool concept and I feel very privileged but I also feel like this is way outta my league and there's some things I probably couldn't do. You're an amazing RPer and I respect your choices and everything but I'm not gonna join this >-< Sworry. (If I ever make a RP I will tag you like ;p) Sorry again

Though if you do happen to have a doubles OU team on showdown and are interesting in a battle then erm, you can hit me up ;p

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
This sounds really cool! Here's my sheet.

Name: Alex Lathos
Hometown, Region: Lavender Town, Kanto

Appearance:
Alex is of an average build and stands 5'10". He has purple hair and eyes typically wearing a white t-shirt, black trench coat, blue jeans and carries a brown leather satchel to carry anything he may need.

Personality:
Alex is a self proclaimed hero, he believes that his view of justice is the only one that should be followed as he sees it as the best for both humans and Pokemon. Now this doesn't come from a large ego it comes from his far too many encounters with abused and ill Pokemon as well as the family like connection he holds with his Gengar. Beyond this he's a rather happy person and values independence as his source of happiness. He isn't introverted per say, he's not one to strike up conversation but won't say no to talking with people.

Backstory:
Alex began his journey back in Kanto where he had began not with one of typical starters but instead with his life long friend and motherly figure, Haunter. At a young age Alex and his dreams of becoming a Pokemon trainer were ignored by his parents, they believed he could become something much more and sought out a better future for him. Alex saw this as his parents completely rejecting his ideas and so he spent most of his time away from them in order to think about his future by himself, while doing this he met Haunter. Haunter was not like many of the other Pokemon that lived around Lavender Town, instead of being mischievous and at times evil, this Haunter seemed to be much calmer and became a strange motherly figure for Alex.

A few years later when Alex began his journey (against the wishes of his parents) he asked that Haunter become his first Pokemon, Haunter quickly accepted. Alex would then go off into Kanto for about a year capturing a Vulpix and Eevee, in that time he also collected 3 Gym Badges but unfortunately Alex eventually got into a conflict with his parents and left Kanto and went to Johto. It took some time but Alex eventually convinced Professor Elm to give him a Totodile. Though he didn't get any Gym Badges in the few months he spent in Johto, he was also saved a Porygon that was being used for hacking purposes.

After hearing about it during his travels in Johto, Alex left for the Kalos region. Here he spent the rest of his life up until this point, he also collected the 8 Kalos Gym Badges and captured a Goomy. After spending all these years away from home Alex finally decided it was time to return to Kanto and finally talk with his parents. However along the way he stopped by the Alola region where he finished evolving everyone in his party and heard about Pokemon World Championship. With his newly evolved Pokemon he decided to face one more challenge before finally seeing Kanto again.

Pokemon Team:
(Please include Nicknames, Species, Nature and Ability for each)
Feraligatr
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature

Leafeon
Ability: Chlorophyll
Quirky Nature

Ninetales
Ability: Drought
Quiet Nature

Porygon-Z
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature

Gengar
Ability: Cursed Body
Mild Nature

Goodra
Ability: Gooey
Timid Nature

Last edited:
I love tournament RPs! This one seems like it'll actually go somewhere, so here's my character sheet! Not sure how well he's going to do on Showdown, but we'll see!

Name:
Robin Deux
Hometown, Region: The Wilds, somewhere outside Johto. He signed up to the tournament as being from Ecruteak City, Johto.
Appearance: Robin has blue, scruffy hair and blue eyes. He stands a little higher then average, and is relatively well built. Robin has a scar over the bridge of his nose and a scar on his cheek, from being slashed by a dagger. His clothes are well worn, but clean. They're normal clothes as well, a simple t-shirt and jeans. Robin carries a modified ninjato sword, one that's slightly thicker and heavier than normal, that he made himself. Along with his sword, Robin carries a rather large backpack full of various camping supplies. Robin also has a Z-Power ring on his left wrist, but he does not know how to use is, and also does not have any Z-Crystals.
Personality: Robin's personality could be best described as a calm. He always keeps a clear head in a stressful situation. Robin tries to be kind to people he meets. He made his living by doing street performances with his sword, trading and selling TMs, and battling Pokemon. He's quite full of wanderlust, and spends his life basically traveling from region to region on whatever he can. Robin also really enjoys battling, just as much as he loves exploring. Robin isn't the biggest fan of talking about where he's from, or his past.
Backstory: Robin was born and raised in a small town pretty far outside the region of Johto. It was a tough place, where both the Pokemon and people were quite fierce. His parents were quite busy, so Robin spent most of his time under the care of a Sensei Kai. Kai was a swordsman, and taught Robin how to make and use a sword. Upon his tenth birthday, Robin was kicked out of his family's house. When his Sensei would not take him in either, Robin was forced to find his own way in life. He made a few enemies, as well as a few friends, but has spent pretty much his whole life until now traveling from region to region, exploring and battling as he went along. Robin isn't exactly the biggest fan of talking about his past, or where he's from. He's been to Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh, and Unova. As well as a bit of Alola, the next place he wants to visit is Kalos. He joined the tournament because he enjoyed battling, and found that he had managed to make his way to the top eight.
Pokemon Team: Q the Gallade, Cherry the Plusle, Reaper the Absol, Sam the Farfetch'd, Hattori the Aegislash, Big Turk the Blastoise

Nickname: Q
Species: Gallade
Nature: Brave
Ability: Steadfast
Held Item: Scope Lens (custom to fit on Q's head similar to that of a DBZ scouter)

Nickname:
Cherry
Species: Plusle
Nature: Naive
Ability: Lightning Rod
Held Item: Focus Sash

Nickname:
Reaper
Species: Absol
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Super Luck
Held Item: Razor Claw (attached to her front paws)

Nickname:
Sam
Species: Farfetch'd
Nature: Serious
Ability: Keen Eye
Held Item: Stick (is actually a Wakizashi forged by Robin, which Sam uses because his old leek was broken)

Nickname:
Hattori
Species: Aegislash
Nature: Bold
Ability: Stance Change
Held Item: Leftovers

Nickname:
Big Turk
Species: Blastoise
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Torrent
Held Item: Mystic Water

Last edited:
Time for Kaleb to resurface...

Name: Kaleb Storm
Hometown, Region: Royal Avenue, Akala Island, Alola
Appearance: Kaleb has jet black hair. He wears a red contact lense in his left eye and an eyepatch over his empty right eye socket. His wears a black hoodie, usually with the hood up. His left arm is a metal prosthetic. He wears blue pants and black shoes.
Personality: Kaleb is a usually serious, sometimes goofy person. He enjoys the presence of most others, but some people can get on his nerves. He is a good sport and will not complain if he loses, but will instead congratulate his opponent immediately, with his head up all the while. Kaleb does not like to lose, but he is not ashamed if he does.
Backstory: Kaleb escaped from the Auralians, an evil organization in a foreign region. He evaded false arrest (destroying an Aether Foundation helicopter to save multiple people from being killed), journeyed to multiple uninhabited regions, saved the world from war three times, and even attempted to sacrifice his life for the good of the rest of the world twice in war. Kaleb has collected all of the Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos badges, and beaten all of the trials of Alola as well.
Pokemon Team: (Please include Nicknames, Species, Nature and Ability for each)

(None of his team has nicknames)
Species: Pangoro
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Adamant

Species: Charizard -> Mega Charizard X (approved by Stellar)
Ability: Blaze -> Tough Claws
Nature: Jolly

Species: Torterra
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Lonely

Species: Garchomp
Ability: Sand Veil

Species: Steelix
Ability: Sturdy

Species: Drapion
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Jolly

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind I'd like to join...
I can't fill out everything now as I have a cat in my lap and can't get to their complete files, but I'll fill out the rest once she moves ^^'

Name: Josephine Summers
Hometown, Region: Newbark Town of Johto
Appearance: With long ebony hair and stunning blue eyes, some consider her pretty. Even with her rounded face adorn with light freckles and softly tanned skin. However she certainly doesn't show it in her taste for clothing. Typically sporting a large mustard yellow backpack, ketchup red jacket, and navy blue t-shirt, she shows she doesn't have much sense for color schemes. White tennis-shoes and a red baseball cap complete her ensemble.
Personality: Rather calm and relaxed. It takes a lot to rile this girl up and when it has it's usually met with quiet staring... She likes to help people but sticks to herself, not wanting to intrude or get in the way of things.
Backstory: Abandoned on the banks of the lake outside of Newbark, the young girl awoke to find she had no memory. Four years later her professor sends her out with a tiny Cindaquil, and the two become quick friends. Several plot twists later she discovers a link to her past, and she sets out to find out who she is.
Several gym battles, four elite four trainers, and one champion later, she is left with more questions than answers, and a large desire to just drop the whole thing, and live out her now not so normal life. However barring the title of Johto Champion comes with its own problems, and she's forced to face daily challenges...
Reese/ Typhlosion/ Modest/ Blaze
Baily/ Ampharos/Gentle/ Static
Ace/ Togetic/ Rash/ Serene Grace
Paula/ Golem/ Quiet/ Roch Head
Kimiko/ Umbreon/ Quiet/ Synchronize
Shi/ Gyrados/ Quiet/ Intimidate

Other: Forgive me but I have questions. Would the ability to understand Pokemon be active in this roleplay?
And if given the chance, (there's room for them/ not enough people join) I do have two other top notch trainers that I would like to add in if you would allow it. If not is perfectly fine, I just kind of like to keep the three together ^^'

Last edited:
Alright so, on one hand I don't really have the greatest track record with RPs so I'm kinda nervous about joining a new one. On the OTHER hand, I'm a sucker for good tournament RPs and I've been dying to get back into Pokecharms so I'm just gonna leave this app here and see how everything turns out. Best of luck with the thread either way! ^_^

Name: Sonya Welles
Hometown, Region: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh

Appearance: Sonya is a small, but tough woman standing at about 5'1". She wears her honey blonde hair in a bun tucked underneath an explorer's hat, which she wears at all times. She has a thin, somewhat gaunt facial structure with vibrant bright hazel eyes, thin lips, and a small but slightly crooked nose. Sonya can almost always be found in clothes befitting a jungle expedition, complete with a magnifying glass that she always keeps in her front pocket and a pocket sized journal she uses to jot down observations.

Personality: Sonya is an independent researcher who lives and breathes her field. Plucky and passionate, Sonya can talk for what feels like hours about anything that interests her, especially when it concerns her research. In turn though, Sonya also has a tendency to over fixate and comes across as rather off putting. This is only amplified by the nature of her research, as she tends to delve into uncomfortable topics, most notably the predator-prey relationship between various Pokemon in different ecosystems. Unfortunately she doesn't hold much sympathy for those not willing to explore the more unsavory aspects of her research, sometimes going as far as to, albeit playfully, mock said people for being "delusional" or "overly sensitive." In fact, human social interaction has been a problem with Sonya ever since she was a child. Unless it's work related Sonya tends to isolate herself, albeit in the company of her Pokemon on most occasions. However, she's fairly open to socialization when around those willing to tolerate her.

Backstory: Sonya has always had a fascination with Pokemon, bordering on obsession. Even before she was legally allowed to have her own, Sonya would occupy herself by watching the wild Pokemon in the town's flower fields. Most of these Pokemon were quite docile, so she usually had nothing to fear from them beyond the occasional cut or bruise. Up until Sonya was about 13 though, she didn't have much interest in training Pokemon herself. She was perfectly content studying full time as an up and coming Pokemon researcher. However, a chance encounter with a Heracross that followed a honey-covered Sonya home eventually led to the start of her journey.

Sonya went on an expedition across the region, analyzing the behavior of Pokemon throughout all of Sinnoh: how they thought, how they survived, and how they battled. After quite a bit of effort, Sonya took the Sinnoh gym challenge by storm. Through her extensive research into different species of Pokemon, she was able to piece together how to fully utilize their natural abilities and instincts in battle. Once she had earned her final gym badge almost two years after the start of her journey, Sonya received an offer from Professor Rowan to work under him as an apprentice/intern. From here Sonya began to build a name for herself as a competent researcher, all the while continuing to train her Pokemon. By the age of 21, Sonya branched off from Professor Rowan's lab and officially began her career as an independent researcher. In present day she has visited multiple regions, including Hoenn, Kalos, and most recently Alola, conducting research on Pokemon while finding new ways to foster their potential.

Name: Bella
Species: Heracross
Ability: Guts
Nature: Careful

Name: Dabere
Species: Ambipom
Ability: Technician
Nature: Naive

Name: Timor
Species: Drapion
Ability: Battle Armor
Nature: Naughty

Name: Partem
Species: Probopass
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Bashful

Name: Lifferre
Species: Gastrodon (East)
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Modest

Name: Anam
Species: Mismagius
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid

Hi, @StormingCobra55 , forgot to tag you. If you can give me just a bit more on Kaleb's backstory (what badges he obtained to qualify for the PWC), I can accept him.

@WolfFire369 Josephine is Accepted, and she is now the official Johto Champion for this roleplay. As for your questions;
1. Pokemon communication will be consistent with the anime; so barring a psychic connection between trainer and pokemon, in-depth communication should be limited
2. Unfortunately, I can only allow one participating TOP 8 trainer per person in this roleplay. Otherwise, battling with multiple characters in showdown could prove an unfair advantage. I might be able to approve your other two as companions for Josephine, but keep in mind only the TOP 8 would be allowed to bring pokemon onto Aether Paradise so they would be limited to spectator roles.

@Eis Sonya is Accepted.

@GalacticDeg Happy to reserve a spot for you. :) And best of luck with that approval, Stellar is quite thorough with legendaries :p

Alright! One more and we can start the roleplay. I will have the Roleplay thread up before the end of the day.

Last edited:
Hey no problem! Thank you for accepting me! I was honestly going to suggest that only if we cuoldn't fill in the spots. And have them lose later on anyway! I DID NOT think about or want an unfair advantage XD sorry sorry!
But thanks for answering my questions!

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Name: Natalie Hopkins
Hometown: Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
Appearance: Has blue, wide eyes with a small, and has faint scar on her right ear due to events in her past. Has black, long black socks with blue tennis shoes. She is quite into green and blue as she wears a seafoam green sweatshirt with a blue and dark blue striped shirt. She then has black shorts.
Personality: Natalie is much tomboyish, however quite cheerful. She is often generals to younger trainers, however somewhat competitive if in battle or if necessary to. To top it all off, if you tick her off or get on her nerves, you’d not like what you’re probably going to see.
Backstory: Natalie grew up as a normal child in a normal family, but as the day before her 10th birthday, she got captured by an unknown group of criminals. She was contained for one year, but escaped, however did fail once and gained a scar that way. After escaping, she got her first Pokémon, which was a Piplup named Pike (still has him today), and ventured one to one day win the Sinnoh League. She was the Champion for a little bit, but however did get out. She tried again in Hoenn, and also the same thing happened. She has won a lot of tournaments and hopefully can win this one.
Team:
Pike/Empoleon/Naive/Torrent
Ace/Gardevoir/Jolly/Sychronize
Kay/Altaria/Modest/Natural Cure
Breed/Breloom/Serious/Effect Spore
Tyler/Tyranitar/Naughty/Sand Stream
Hayden/Hydreigon/Relaxed/Levitate

Also, my user on Pokémon Showdown is Airslashz (my user here!).

Name: Anthos Vlahos
Hometown, Region: New Bark Town, Johto
Appearance: Black and poofy hair, dark brown eyes, usually wears jeans and a black T-shirt with some sort of jacket over it.
Other than his facial hair Anthos can usually be recognized by the bags under his eye's and a scar on his right eyebrow.
On account of all the physical activity being a trainer requires, Anthos has a somewhat athletic build. His lean muscles give him the appearance of a physically fit trainer despite his unhealthy eating habits. Hitmonlee and Zuko make sure that Anthos stays in shape.
Personality: Anthos is laid back most of the time and very patient. It's a rare sight to see him angry but it's a sight that no one wants to see unless they want a good fight. Because of his laid back nature bonding with Pokemon and people comes naturally to Anthos. He's very trusting but also a good judge of character. If you find a friend in Anthos then you've found a friend for life.
Backstory:
Ever since he could remember Anthos wanted to be a great Pokemon trainer like Lance of the elite four. Besides the fancy clothes Lance was a powerful dragon tamer and being an elite four member made Anthos want to challange him even more.
His first Pokemon was Cyndaquil and the two got along very well in no time. Together they traveled Johto taking the gym challenge. With the help of several friends and other Pokemon in his team Anthos successfully made his way through all eight Gym Leaders. The next stop was the Johto Pokemon League. Anthos and his team gave it all he got. It was the single toughest challange in his entire life yet he came out victorious and got to shake hand with his childhood hero, Lance, after defeating him in battle.
Now Anthos plans to travel beyond Johto and possibly challenge other Pokemon Leagues. One thing is for sure. Anthos plans on Meeting and befriending many new Pokemon and battle Gym Leaders. He's even considered becoming one himself
Team:
Typloshion /(Zuko)/ Hasty/ Flash Fire
Hitmonlee/Hasty/ Limber
Tyranitar/Brave/Sand Stream
Dragonite/Quiet/ Multiscale
Jolteon/(Sunny)/Timid/ Volt Absorb
Espeon/(Anzu)/Timid/ Synchronize

Last edited:
@Airslashz Accepted. Can you clarify for me if Natalie is the current Hoenn champion, or did she leave her post as with Sinnoh?

@SharkWithClawz Please add a last name for registration purposes only and it is Accepted. Please note Athos would also have to have a former Johto Champion status as WolfFire's character has already been deemed the current Johto champion in this timeline. Whether the title was lost or just abandoned in lieu of exploration is up to you.

Thanks Storming. I will add that to my notes for Kaleb. :)

Apologies for my delay on responding. I intended to give time to allow a multiple people to respond to the roleplay before responding and ended up waiting too long. However, I will be off the next three day so further responses should be very forthcoming.

@StormingCobra55 You didn't mention any prior experience with the Aether Foundation in your backstory. If you intent to continue with this 'destroying helicopter' addition to his backstory, you need to explain it in your bio so I can approve or disapprove it.

Keep in mind, as this plotline predates the S/M games, information on Aether Foundation is rather scarse, especially any negative information.

Just to let everyone know, I have added quick bios for each of the Aether Ferry employees for reference in the opening post. At the moment, Cassie and Troy are Playable-NPCs so feel free to roleplay them for any simple tasks you need (providing drinks/beverages, giving directions around the boat, answering simple questions, etc.)

I am also adding a link to the brochure of the catamaran model I am basing the 'Aether Ferry' off of for easy reference to different locations around the boat.

Last edited:
I would like to apologize for my last post. For some reason, I assumed that the man in front of the boat was Troy, not the unplayable NPC. I'll edit my post so as not to auto his actions and fix the continuity error as soon as possible.

EDIT: Fixed all continuity errors in the post and made sure not to auto Daniel. I'll be more careful about this in the future.

Last edited:
No problem at all, Eis. Honestly controlling Daniel for simple tasks is absolutely fine. Anyone is free to check in their own trainers, if you would prefer to speed up the process and get on board quickly.

I labelled him as non-playable simply to avoid anyone spilling plot secrets with him, as he is the only staff member present who knows Aether's true purpose for hosting the finals.

@GalacticDeg You are fine as long as you can get your bio in before everyone checks in. (Your character might just be late to the party :p)

And don't worry everyone! At 55' x 33', this catamaran has a weight capacity of about 16,000 lbs. So unless everyone takes out all of their pokemoney at once, we should be ok. (Thankfully, no one has a Wailord lol)