• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Warcraft: Adventurers Wanted!

*Epic Pokemon music*

Hello there, my name is Professor Husfhetlockin, and welcome to the world of Pokemon Warcraft. Whether you're new to this world or a veteran, allow me to give you a quick run down of how it works.
This world is made up of all sort of species, besides Pokemon, we have humans, elves, giants, fairies, demons and many others! But Pokemon are not the only creatures with super powered abilities. The creatures have their own elements also, from water to light, being able to use them to fight, craft, heal and even more! So tell me, are you a boy or a girl?

*Stops music*

Alright thank you for reading this far, that shows you are really interested in this RP. It is a combination of typical RPG games, like World of Warcraft, and Pokemon smashed together. There are different classes of characters, from Warriors and mages to Blacksmiths and Alchemist. There are a lot of classes to specialize on so feel free to choose one that best fits your character. We also have six primary elements, Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, Light and Dark, but of course you could make a secondary deprived from those, just let me know what you came up with! The RP takes place in a Medieval era, of course they have developed pluming and some minor things, but the idea of castles, kings and knights is the main focus. There characters can get creative with their outfits, depending on their class and even weapons! Now, here are some things to consider:

• Pokeballs do not exist, so having Pokemon with you means feeding them, giving them a place to sleep and making sure they don't die! So it is strongly recommended your characters has one to three Pokemon.
  • The idea is for your character to start out in the newly made Strombreakers guild, which means as a beginner your character should be between 18-25 years, depending how quickly they got through school.
  • Can you have more characters? Yes, Stormbreakers is not the only guild in the world so we are making up new ones that will make minor or big appearances throughout the plot.
  • Is there pvp? Yes, however we have a stats system (very similar to Pokemon) to determine the skills/strengths your character has and how it would hold up against others, however the results and how the battles are played is decided in discussion, the stats are only a way to compare the levels of the characters.
  • Can I invent my own class, element or species? Yes, but they have to be approved by yours truly, since we don't want a man bear pig sweeping everyone throughout the story xD
  • Do you take bribes? Yes, 5,000 Pokedollars to make your character look cool in the story.
  • Also consider that the class you choose for your character should be their main focus when fighting, you can't have an expert swordsmen suddenly shooting laser beams from their eyes. Unless they came from space and are power up by the sun.
  • The discussion will be done in our discord, which I will provide once you have been accepted.
But how do you get accepted? Fill out this character sheet:
Name:
Species:
Element:
Class:
Ability:
Physical Appearance:
Weapons:

Stats: (Total of 500)
Attack:
Defense:
Magical Atk:
Magical Def:
Speed:

Background:
Pokemon:

Regarding the character sheet: The ability is something special your character can do, for example being able to focus on one or more thing, being able to see at night, levitate, things similar to Pokemon abilities or make up your own. However, no stat boosting abilities! Also the total of your character stats can't go over 500, but don't worry they will improve, this is just a starting point. Finally, regarding Pokemon, six move maximum please.

Anyways, plot information and more world details are provided once you are given the discord invite. Don't have discord? You would miss out a lot of planning, but if you want to go at it blindly, I really don't mind!

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
instant access? I'm confused to what you mean

Say, I know it says no stat boosting but what about stat changing? Like it subtracts from another stat to add onto another one, so it could subtract a lot of defence but then drop it into attack? Or drop speed for defence? If it sounds too OP I will just add a cap to the amount my oc can change around.

Name: Maira Arvich

Age: 17 (I know you said 18 was the minimum, but she was 17 in the original and I'd rather not change that)

Species: Human

Element: Earth

Class: Healer

Ability: Healer (Pokemon ability, gives her a chance to cure Status afflictions like Burn on adjacent allies without directly healing them.)

Personality: Maira is a very bubbly person, always making friends and striving to help everyone. Gentle, always optimistic, and a hard worker, she's an excellent person to have as a co-worker. She sometimes tends to mother-hen her patients. (I'll probably be reading through PW to get a hang of her style again)

Physical Appearance: Maira is a slim girl with long, auburn-blonde hair which goes about halfway down her back. She has brown eyes, and is caucasian. She usually wears dresses. They have to be changed relatively often, due to the amount of grime, blood and other nastiness she deals with when tending to people. She has a large bag filled with various components for making medicines.

Weapons: A small herb-gathering knife.

Attack: 20
Defense: 90
Magical Atk: 120
Magical Def: 120
Speed: 100

(Note: I wasn't sure if her healing would pull off her MgAtt or MgDef, so this is subject to change.)

Background: Um, I was fairly certain I had a whole written work devoted to her backstory but I can't find it ;_;

In summary, though, she learned from an elder in her village, and was taught all about herbs and other plants that could be used for healing, as well as getting some medical training tending to the sick and injured. Later she began traveling, and to earn some money she gathered healing herbs and sold them to apothecaries. She also helped out anyone she could along the way.

Pokemon:

In future, she will probably get a Togetic.

NOTES: DERP

She probably won't show up in the story until around the same time as in the original, if that's okay.

Name: Rolen Nailoen

Species: Human

Element: Light

Class: Wizard

Ability: not sure what to put here... I considered Defeatist and Simple, but wasn't sure what would be best : P

Physical Appearance: Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, lightly tanned skin. Tall, standing around 6' and weighing in at around 165 lbs.
Outfit: He normally wears either a Wizard’s Robe (cream with light teal patterns at the hems) or a more casual outfit with a shirt, long pants and a belt. Sometimes a vest is added to this.

Personality: Quiet, introverted, and inclined towards pessimism. He has serious self-confidence issues, and compares himself to others to determine his own worth. But even if he doesn't believe in himself, he will never give up on something once he's put his mind to it. He's as stubborn as a Mudbray and tenacious as a Herdier, and loyal to those he sees as friends. He has a very string set of morals, and mostly ignores those who break them.

Skills: Due to his connection with the light element, he can manipulate the light reflecting off of objects to create illusions. For example, he could change the light reflecting off a person’s face to give them a disguise. He can use this to control color, intensity, and potentially even the shape of the object’s appearance. Those are all innate, Light connected abilities. He also has some spells, but they require studying of the spell from a spellbook and components that can sometimes be hard to come by. These are not good for emergencies unless he already has them prepared and only needs a keyword/word of command to activate.

Weakness: Most human weaknesses. Wizards are not known for being particularly tanky... he cannot wear armor, since it impedes movement and distracts him while trying to cast spells. You can also attack his morals.

Weapons: Technically a spellbook? Otherwise, no weapon (as of this point)

Attack: 47
Defense: 65
Magical Atk: 170
Magical Def: 95
Speed: 123

Background: See my written works on it! PWP Rolen | Pokécharms (pokecharms.com)

Pokemon:

Faze (Abra, Male, Magic Guard ability)
Teleport, Confusion

Aight so Discord is giving me trouble, something about verification emails. Thus, I'm just posting these two bios here, and I can copy them over later or something if I need to.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Name: Hayato Raiju

Species: Thunder born

Element: lightning

Class: Gunslinger (the way he uses electricity does reminiscent guns with the way he shoots and fires the bolts)

Ability: Volt absorb, though this not only heals him slightly it allows him to use his element more since his magic is basically a battery and when it gets low it needs to be charged.

Physical Appearance: Standing at around 5'4 with spiked black hair, changing to a bright yellow at the tips. Having a small body and stick limbs makes him seem sort of odd. His eyes are a bright yellow and his body is covered in markings. His clothing style is similar to that of a cowboy, with a white poet shirt, a leather vest over it, a pair of loose baggy trousers all topped off with his brown leather boots. Half the time you see him, you'd mistake him for a kid playing cowboys and aliens. When you pay close attention to his palms you'll realise that they're slightly off. The lines in his hand appear, deeper? When Hayato comes in contact with any form of electricity, whether it be from a pokemon or from a weapon, will open up revealing a mouth in the palm of his hand. This allows him to literally eat lightning with his palms, to use his ability.

Weapons: Literally just his fingers

Attack: 5
Defense: 10
Magical Atk: 150
Magical Def: 85
Speed: 250

Background: Born into a unique monk background, Hayato was expected to be a warrior monk to defend the temple. Well that sort of went south when you realise that almost all thunder born are supposed to be able to have a natural charge of electricity that they can use on command. But not Hayato, his natural charge was like a bowl with a crack in it. Whatever he did always used up his natural charge. Normally a thunder born can recharge electricity through training or meditation. Hell even getting struck by lightning could charge up a monk. Though it seemed that the only way Hayato could get any sort of charge is through feeding off external sources of electricity, mainly from others. At a young age he never really enjoyed having to leech off others to survive. It seemed that living there made him feel like he was the one everyone had to baby sit. After a while he got sick of this and decided to do the oh so smart thing of running away from home. Well it wasn't really running, it was more him looking for a way to cure his disability of always needing electricity. Though, the longer he stayed away from home the more he began to gain a new love of adventuring. Along the way he met his new BFF for life, zip zap. Their relationship started shockingly bad where zipzap wanted to eat him for electricity but soon the two came to an agreement. If Hayato helped him fight other electric pokemon so zipzap could feed off it and in turn zipzap would let Hayato feed off his electricity. Along the way on his little adventure, he met Chester Medve, a man who sort of just looked after him. He treated Hayato like a brother and Hayato did the same back as they stayed together.

Pokemon: An electabuzz he calls zip zap, who has the ability static. It has the moves, discharge, quick attack and thunder punch

Name: Chester Medve (or chestnut)

Species: human

Element: wrath (a sub element of fire)

Class: Berserker

Ability: Sturdy, basically he can't be one shot

Physical Appearance: standing at 6'9, and literally looking like his body was carved by the gods of Olympus, it's an understatement to say this guy was muscular. Having his large intimidating appearance, he is the kind of guy who'd scare away a bunch of kids on halloween by just opening the door to the trick or treaters. His body is covered in Celtic tattoos and his hair is a wild ironside. Most times he wears pokemon furs, either what seems to be a obstagoon he had slain with his own hands and axe. His trousers are also furred and his boots are leather. His axe is adorned on his back for all to see, as he normally keeps the skull of his enemies on his belt. Underneath his obstagoon pelt is his deep red eyes, some say it can see all the hate and sins of a person but that's just a rumour by his tribe.

Weapons: A large battle axe on his back

Attack: 150

Defense: 200

Magical Atk: 0

Magical Def: 0

Speed: 150

Background: Born to the Verayager village, a village known for their livestock and power, Chester was just like the rest. They hunted what they could find, sticking to a mostly strict meat diet and barely eating any sort of plant or fruit. He was a berserker of the village, a small group of men who mainly fight off any pokemon that went near, sometimes even having to fight other villages. Near the end of his teens, he managed to tame pangoro a feat which in itself is impressive considering he had to wrestle it. The only way he won was with his superior speed which made fighting slightly easier. Though the ordeal left him injured for the rest of the year. After healing up him and pangoro sort of just worked together, with him feeding the pokemon and the pokemon being loyal in return. Soon though, when he decided to leave the Village in search of a challenge, a creature that he could fight to officially claim the title of Verayager, basically the rank associated with being the village head. Along the way he met Hayato, a small by who seemed to be well sort of helpless on his own. It was either pity or the fact that CHester had never seen a boy look so frail, which made him look after Hayato. He sort of coached him, teaching him basic fighting techniques and trying to improve his physique.

Pokemon: A pangoro, he nicknamed goro. Having the ability scrappy and having the moves, hammer arm, night slash, crunch and bullet punch

Last edited:
*kicks door open* I wanna be that snooty stuck up magic man. Jazz hands! I wanna be a big brain move making wizard dude. Loquacious and Ostentatious. Actually I'll probably make a monk brawler. Can I join?
While I'm not Hecto, I can safely say no. There is a ten-person limit, and we unfortunately have ten people. Although one has seemingly abandoned 'Charms, I'm pretty sure we cannot remove him from the conversation.

Last edited:
I'm probably gonna edit this later tonight, but wanted to post it now.

Edit: fixed some grammatical mistakes, and gave him some hair and eye color. Weird that I forgot to add those details... I may edit more later on.

Name: Kor "Bright Fist" Dhor.

Demari typically have one or two syllables for their first name. The Demari refer to their first name as their 'blood name'. The name given to them by their parents. This name is only used by family and trusted friends.

Their middle name is called their 'novus name'. This name is only used by fellow tribe members. Their nickname/middle name is given to them by the age of 12. Which is the age they are considered an adult in Demari culture.

Their last name is the name of their tribe. Anyone outside their tribe that isn't a trusted friend would use this.

Species: Demari/human
Demari are a tribal humans. What sets them apart from other humans, is they are bigger and more stout. Demari usually stand around 6-8 ft in height. They typically live in harsh mountainous areas. They also wear tribal tattoos to distinguish different tribes.
Element: light
Class: Demari Monk
Demari monks are typically counselors, spiritual leaders, and diplomats. They believe in the way of the empty hand.
Ability:
Inner montra: the user uses their respective element to increase resistance against magic attacks.

Chitai: the user sits in a meditative posture which allows them to heal faster and regain energy.

Yixing: the user coats their arms and legs with their respective element for offensive purposes.

Physical Appearance: Kor is 7'2 ft. With a muscular physique. His skin is relatively pale. His pair is long white, shoulder length hair. He messily combs it back. His eyes are slate gray. He has scars up and down his arms and across his torso. He also had pale blue runes across his torso, arms, and legs. The runes are traditional tattoos worn by his people.

He wears no shirt. He has a gogoat fur hood with the horns still attached, but he rarely wears in over his head. He wears loose leather pants, with an ursaring half cape around his waist, and a gyarados scale belt. He wears hardened leather boots. He has a fanny pack satchel under his half cape filled with supplies. He wears cloth wrappings around his knuckles.

Personality: He's loud, outgoing, and too friendly for his own good. He's so friendly that he forgets just how big he is compared to average folk. He can be overconfident at times. He can also be carefree at times, but also a try hard sometimes too. Like any Demari, he believes in honesty. Even if it means being brutally honest with someone. He says whatever is on his mind too.

Weapons: Demari talisman. Kor's talisman is a round flat stone with a circle carved on it, with a square carved in the circle, and this character '光' carved in the center. The character you see is the chinese word 'Guāng' which means 'light'.

All Demari monks have a special talisman which involves a long passed down tradition. Every initiate is given a destination to reach, which is instructed by a Demari Elder. Each tribe has 3 Demari Elders. That is the second highest rank a Demari monk can reach. Initiates are given the task to carry a small boulder to the peak of any given nearby mountain top. The initiate will not know which mountain top until after given the task. once reaching the top, the boulder must not sustain any damage on the way to the up, or the initiate will need to get a new boulder. Upon reaching the top, the initiate must carve away at the boulder until only a small portion of the boulder remains.

The small remaining chunk will be carved into the iconic Demari talisman. After the talisman has been carved. The initiate must gain the approval of all three Elders. Once this is done, the initiate must rub their blood onto the talisman, then soak it in ceremonial ritual oil that the initiate will have needed to make using various plants and herbs to create the oil mixture. They must do this one week prior to carrying the boulder. The ritual oil will remain fresh for 3 days meaning the initiate has 3 days to reach the summit of the mountain, carve the talisman, gain approval of the 3 Elders, and soak the talisman. The Grand elder will bless the talisman when all of these steps have been properly met. The initiate is now a full fledged Demari Monk.

Attack: 125
Defense: 75
Magical Atk: 75
Magical Def: 50
Speed: 175

Background: Kor is a member of the Dhor tribe. The Dohr tribe is a Demari tribe. Demari tribes are usually small independent tribes that are oftentimes nomadic in nature. Each tribe is led by the chieftain, and the grand elder. How the ranks work... monk initiate, Monk, revered monk, elder(there can only be 3 per tribe), and grand elder. While on the other less magical side, there is; hunter initiate, hunter, warrior, guardian(there can only be three guardians per tribe), and chieftain.

Most Demari will become hunter initiates, and a few will become monk initiates. Most initiates will become hunters/monks. Few will become warriors/revered monks. Scarce few will become guardians/elders. The only way to become a chieftain/grand elder is to challenge the previous chieftain/grand elder in honorable combat. In order to be allowed to challenge the chieftain, one must gain the rank of guardian/elder, and the support of their tribe. Those who beat the chieftain take their place. Those who fail lose the support of the tribe, and must earn it once more if they wish to try again. You can challenge the chieftain/grand elder without earning the tribe's support, but doing so is strongly frowned upon. Failures are exiled. These people have 'the traitor's mark' burned onto both of their hands. The traitors mark is a circle with a wolf paw inside it.

The fate of those who fail to become hunters or monks is dependent on the specific tribe. Some tribes may banish those who fail as this is a show of weakness. Other tribes may give them a position such as a farmer, school teacher, merchant, or similar role.

Kor's father was an elder named Kar. Elder Kar also used light magic. Kar trained Kor to one day become an Elder as well. However in order to become a revered monk, one must leave their tribe for at least twelve full moons. Once left, they may not return until the following full moon. There is no set limit on time, so long as they arrive on a full moon. A monk who wishes to become a revered monk will be given ritual instructions they must follow during their time outside of the tribe. Every third day, the monk must drink ceremonial water that they've blessed themselves. This must be done at 3am once every 3 days. Every 9th day, the monk is given hallucinations visions in their dreams, if they properly blessed the water. Most people whom experience these visions will recall seeing either a 'red horned man' or a 'blue tailed lady'. The Demari revere these two figures and refer to them as the 'Old Ones'. Throughout Demari history, the Old Ones have guided their people in their time of need.

Kor was a stubborn, and overconfident boy who didn't particularly follow instructions too well. He tested his father's patience all the time, to no end. Which is why his father was somewhat surprised to find out his son passed the trials of becoming a monk. Kor was given his poké-egg when he was 10, like all Demari. Kor's was a meditite that he named Roh. Kor and Roh's personalities complimented one another, thus they got along greatly.

For the most part, Kor didn't take his duties as a monk particularly seriously which only created more problems with him and his father. Despite his lack in concerns, Kor still managed to do a pretty decent job. Though not the most prominent amongst his fellow monks, he was pretty close. Which only pissed his father off even more. Eventually Kor would go out and attempt the trials to become a revered monk. Kor had no clue how long he'd be gone for, but he would leave his home and journey out, and maybe return some day.

Pokemon: Roh the Meditite.
References:
I like to use the #3 a lot. I like to think the number 3 is very important.
According to google translate, novus means new
Chitai is tai chi but flipped.
Yixing is xing yi but flipped.
Demari isn't a reference. I just thought it sounded cool. It is kind of a vague reference to one of my favorite groups of people in dragons age.

Last edited: