• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Wall of Shame

[quote author=Rocket X link=topic=1970.msg19758#msg19758 date=1180749327]
Well, I always found Porygon..boring-looking, more so for proygon 2 and porygon Z, even if it somewhat powerful.

This is Artemis's post I messed up :p. How do you get PorygonZ as I have never heard of it. Also I thnk that Wobbuffett Needs to go... It has a permanent moveset for God's sake and the moveset is horrible in and of itself.

Yes, but the Char- names are much more creative than Lizard, Lizardo, and Lizardon.

Not so much because it's Japanese. A lot of Japanese Pokemon names are derived from the English language. And in Japan, English is what's "in" right now. So when you look at it from a Japanese standpoint it could be seen as creative or cool.

I've always wondered if English is cool in Japan or if they're just humoring us. Every other country on the planet hates us; why does Japan like us? My only theory is fear; they're afraid of getting nuked again.

But I digress.

My rebuttal: This isn't Japan. We play the American (and European >_>) games. Charmander is at least somewhat more creative than Lizard.

As an aside, "Rizard" is awesome.

Also, Artemis, how can you agree with Rocket X's Wobbuffet statement? Isn't Wobbuffet like amazingly good?

Last I checked, Wobbuffet has no means of direct attack. It is, litterally, a punching bag. And I don't mean "litterally" figuratively. It's like one of those inflatable clowns that you can knock over and it just rights itself, potentially wacking you in the face. It's tit-for-tat, surely, but it's helpless to an indirect assault.

and to make matters worse, it has high health. (583 max, last i heard)

prolly the easiest way to take out wobbuffet is with a shuckle. power tricker, or not. toxic would probably work.

Also, Artemis, how can you agree with Rocket X's Wobbuffet statement? Isn't Wobbuffet like amazingly good?

Gotta agree with everyone else.... no direct attack and even counter isn't all that usefull I only use it as a dummy if my strong pokemon get knocked out. This way I can revive them.

Gotta agree with everyone else.... no direct attack and even counter isn't all that usefull I only use it as a dummy if my strong pokemon get knocked out. This way I can revive them.

Counter AND mirror coat,as well as i believe a very good HP base.

Basically,with counter and mirror coat (as well as encore from wyunaut) AND safeguard,wobuffet can only be hurt by attacks.AND if you by chance pick the wrong one your pokemon is one shot.When Wobuffet is allowed the only counter is a Wobuffet with splash (which has enough PP to outlast Wobbuffet)

EDIT:After checking Wobbuffet has the second highest base HP in the game,higher than snorlax and lower than blissy,its defense and special defense are ok,and good enough to take full advantage of counter and mirror coat (due to the fact they require damage to be taken,and if it 1 damage only 2 is returned ;/ )

to add its typing gives very few available pokemon who can one shot it

TPL2000]prolly the easiest way to take out wobbuffet is with a shuckle. power tricker said:
It has safeguard,and is faster than shuckle,so it can block toxic

In truth Wobbuffet is probably one of the cheapest non-legendaries in the entire game,and probably deserves to be in a hall of fame for that

Maybe, but Wobbuffet can only use one of those moves at a time. If Wobs Counters, it can be hit by a Special Attack or Poisoned. If Wobs Mirror Coats, it can be hit Physically, or by Poison. If Wobs Safe Guards, it can just be hit. It's a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, and Wobs'll take damage either way.

Maybe, but Wobbuffet can only use one of those moves at a time. If Wobs Counters, it can be hit by a Special Attack or Poisoned. If Wobs Mirror Coats, it can be hit Physically, or by Poison. If Wobs Safe Guards, it can just be hit. It's a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, and Wobs'll take damage either way.
Then you forget that many people specialize towards either physical or special attacks,and then it comes down to just predicting which moveset they used,which is especially easy since there are many approved movesets in the community,as well as many pokemon who can only use one movetype due to stats

for example,as far as i know Blissy uses normally either Ice beam/thunderbolt,Toxic,or seismic toss

Just start off with safeguard to prevent status,based on her stats i'd say it can survive a couple blows from any of the attacks (in other words status is more of a threat),then just mirror coat or counter based on what it did (most likely seismic toss if it did toxic).It MIGHT fail due to the HP advantage,but in that case safeguard and switch to a good fighting type,as long as it can live one blow it should be a clear shot due to the safeguard (unless its switches after,in that case WOBBUFFET AGAIN! )

Also it has shadow tag,meaning most pokemon CANNOT switch after wobbuffet comes in.And if they can beat wobbuffet?You CAN switch.Shadow tag gives Wobbuffet the advantage of picking out the pokemon that are clearshots and dominating them

Wow Goemon, so Wobbuffet is foolproof. So even someone like me can use it. Wobbufett is specifically why I like to have a Pokemon with Destiny Bond or Perish Song on my team. I personally strongly dislike it. It's annoying and the 3rd genaration made it more so with Shadow Tag.

Magikarp of couse is the worst of all time

2971964c6940dd2d41041ab501df4023.png

Wow Goemon, so Wobbuffet is foolproof. So even someone like me can use it. Wobbufett is specifically why I like to have a Pokemon with Destiny Bond or Perish Song on my team. I personally strongly dislike it. It's annoying and the 3rd genaration made it more so with Shadow Tag.

didnt neccesarily say fullproof,just incredibly cheap in a good players hands...i can see perish song working,but how does destiny bond work?doesnt wobbuffet have to kill the pokemon that same turn? (which it cant since it has to be attacked)

and yeah,i was a bit shocked to see shadow tag as well,i figured i could just switch outta one if i saw one...then ya got that!

didnt neccesarily say fullproof,just incredibly cheap in a good players hands...i can see perish song working,but how does destiny bond work?doesnt wobbuffet have to kill the pokemon that same turn? (which it cant since it has to be attacked)

Destiny Bond takes the opponent's pokemon out if the user is KO'd. It actually's a good hook if you're near death.

Does anybody else not NOTICE that?! Sheesh, the innuendos are plain as day! Look at a sprite of Cradily and tell me he doesn't have eight youknows coming out of his head.

I censored myself because I just feel plain WRONG saying the male body part (and the female body part) on a POKEMON forum. XD

Does anybody else not NOTICE that?! Sheesh, the innuendos are plain as day! Look at a sprite of Cradily and tell me he doesn't have eight youknows coming out of his head.

I censored myself because I just feel plain WRONG saying the male body part (and the female body part) on a POKEMON forum. XD

it's...a head on a cloud, and a venus flytrap with issues. keep your conspiracy theories to yourself xD

A flytrap with issues? Having seven more than what's needed is quite the issue!

Speaking of which, if Machamp gets twice as many arms as Machoke, d'ya think he's got twice...Naaah, I'll just let you guys finish that sentence. XD

Sexual innuendos, as my friends will tell you, are my specialty >_> I knew it'd happen here sooner or later.

A flytrap with issues? Having seven more than what's needed is quite the issue!

Speaking of which, if Machamp gets twice as many arms as Machoke, d'ya think he's got twice...Naaah, I'll just let you guys finish that sentence. XD

Sexual innuendos, as my friends will tell you, are my specialty >_> I knew it'd happen here sooner or later.

I think what we really have to ask is...what kinda pokemon content have you been watching?

and yeah...Sexual Innuendos....I guess people will find them in ANYTHING these days XD

and yeah....you know Machamp also punches twice as much ;/

In an attempt to get off of that subject, I'll say something that isn't currently on the whole Pokemon Innuendo thing. What I'm about to say may just be a coincidence, but it blew my mind: There's an author named Gary Paulsen and Ash has had two rivals named Gary and Paul.

In an attempt to get off of that subject, I'll say something that isn't currently on the whole Pokemon Innuendo thing. What I'm about to say may just be a coincidence, but it blew my mind: There's an author named Gary Paulsen and Ash has had two rivals named Gary and Paul.

It sounds like somthing that should be in Pokenotices,but it sounds interesting.What does he write?

really? Diglett is more of a piece of s*** than anything in my view. Being brown..Allt hough you gotta wonder why his nose is red....

*sigh* So much for bringing Gary Paulsen.

One thing that I don't get that while the effects for Iron Tail/Steel Wing/Metal Claw in the anime remained the same while other attacks such as Bubble/Bubblebeam were given more dazzling effects. That's just unfair.

*sigh* So much for bringing Gary Paulsen.

One thing that I don't get that while the effects for Iron Tail/Steel Wing/Metal Claw in the anime remained the same while other attacks such as Bubble/Bubblebeam were given more dazzling effects. That's just unfair.

Probably because at first glance bubble and bubblebeam don't seem to make sense as moves that do damage,so the extra dazzle was probbaly to make them look more like a threat (since they seem to explode).What i would like to see tho is the power ups remain in the anime.Like Perhaps pikachu wins a fight by getting a couple lucky defense ups from iron tail,instead of,ya know,god modding

and seriously people,Your discussion is DEFINATLY for a wall of shame.Not a pokemon one but still.

In the anime episode "Three Jynx and a baby" Team rocket found a Smoochum wandering around. Jessie loves it, and asks the Smoochum to come with them, and it agrees. Lets stop here and realize that this is roughly how Brock got Bonsly. Now it goes to Ash and friends. They come across three Jynx terrorizing the city. They figure out they're missing their baby, and Ash tries to help. They come across Team Rocket, and they get mad at Team Rocket for taking the Smoochum. If I'm not mistaken, thats what you do in this world, you capture Pokemon! They weren't even up to anything evil with Smoochum. They wanted to put her in pokemon contests and fashion shows. WHAT'S GOING ON!? TR does something everyone does, and they get in trouble for it.

Well that is quite interesting Lewis, maybe its because they just have terrible luck.

Something that belongs here is Furret, for being completely ugly, annoying, and weak, and with the most unoriginal name since the Abra line.

You know, something about team rocket, while they're in Sinnoh on a straight line,the same way as Ash and ect, Hoen, Johto, and Kanto are all defenseless for them, why dont they just go back? XD Its not like Ash is going to hop on a boat and travel two continents over for something he'd probably never even hear about.

TR does something everyone does, and they get in trouble for it.

A little something called "prejudice," I guess. Just because they're the bad guys, and they have something that used to belong to three very worried Pokemon, everyone has to think that, no matter what they say happened, they stole it or tricked it somehow. You know, like with the Ludicolo and those berries.

I'm going to take you back to the first season of the Pokemon anime with this one. Remember when Team Rocket opened up a salon to dress up Pokemon? People demanded their money back but technically Team Rocket did NOTHING WRONG. The people paid Team Rocket to dress up their Pokemon and they did just that. It actually was a legitamate business. Our 'heroes' shut them down just because of their own philosophy (what's inside is what matters) differed from Team Rocket's if I remember correctly. Even though I agree with Ash and Co, Team Rocket has the right to dress up Pokemon is they please.