• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Wall of Shame

Well, I always found Porygon..boring-looking, more so for proygon 2 and porygon Z, even if it somewhat powerful. I don't really know why they stopped making episodes on Porygon though. If I could guess, the aspect of introducing the POrygon line back into the series might push parents into thinking "oh no, this episodes gonna give my kids seizures!" Basically Porygon is labelled as something dangerous, which really doesn't make sense since it was PIkachu who caused the seizure with his Thundershock. ;D

....Ive always wondered why we can't teach Unown attacks, what's so bad about teaching them Psychic or tackle?!

Well, I always found Porygon..boring-looking, more so for proygon 2 and porygon Z, even if it somewhat powerful. I don't really know why they stopped making episodes on Porygon though. If I could guess, the aspect of introducing the POrygon line back into the series might push parents into thinking "oh no, this episodes gonna give my kids seizures!" Basically Porygon is labelled as something dangerous, which really doesn't make sense since it was PIkachu who caused the seizure with his Thundershock. ;D

....Ive always wondered why we can't teach Unown attacks, what's so bad about teaching them Psychic or tackle?!

Porygon i guess has to have a place due to the seizures,no matter how much you som1 likes him (Even tho a certain mouse pokemon did it >.>).Still game wise its one of the coolest pokemon,having unqiue moves,and the only pokemon that evolves TWICE from trade

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The point was, manly women can be scary, girly men, really arent.

Double-standard much? Thinking that way could easily be considered "closed minded", just as any stereo-type is. It's all perception. So... yeah. MSDL has a point.

Anyways, Hall of Shame... The godmoding powers of Pikachu. It's fun when you really get into the show, but most of the times it's just annoying. The intro of the first movie STILL bugs me when Pikachu beats three Pokemon - including a Golem - in one attack. That's the power of justice for you...

Also, Phione. Bootleg'd Manaphy is a perfect description for it (kudos to Stel). That thing is just the most pointless Pokemon I've ever seen, even compared to other more useless ones. It just really wasn't needed =/

MY FAVOURITE POKEMON ABSOL DIDN'T EVEN GET AN EVOLVE FORM! >:(

anyways the pokemon i thin should belong in the hall of shame is regigigas because of all its useless moves!

MY FAVOURITE POKEMON ABSOL DIDN'T EVEN GET AN EVOLVE FORM! >:(

anyways the pokemon i thin should belong in the hall of shame is regigigas because of all its useless moves!

absol doesn't need an evo, its attack is ridiculous as is. 130 base? it doesn't need any higher. it has decent speed, but the only thing it's lacking is defense.

and regigigas is slightly pointless, but it's kinda setting up to make a movie, or explain the greater mysteries of the pokemon universe.

Double-standard much? Thinking that way could easily be considered "closed minded", just as any stereo-type is. It's all perception. So... yeah. MSDL has a point.

Anyways, Hall of Shame... The godmoding powers of Pikachu. It's fun when you really get into the show, but most of the times it's just annoying. The intro of the first movie STILL bugs me when Pikachu beats three Pokemon - including a Golem - in one attack. That's the power of justice for you...

Also, Phione. Bootleg'd Manaphy is a perfect description for it (kudos to Stel). That thing is just the most pointless Pokemon I've ever seen, even compared to other more useless ones. It just really wasn't needed =/

I agree that it'd be nice if pikachu didn't get to win fights like that (though he also loses fights a lot when they matter....how that works is beyond me).Still i guess it does open up the movie quicker,especially since his squirtle already got its ass kicked (maybe if it was a wartortle?)

Phione i can't say's useless though.It still has nice bases i believe with 80 each (not as great as 100,but most normal pokemon don't get 100 bases in more than a few places).It might be neat as a physical tank with charm,acid armor,and aqua ring (this is not thinking of TMs as well).Perhaps if it can learn baton pass (not sure) its uselessness might be increased even moreso.Just cause its a weaker manaphy doesn't mean it has to be useless :( (its cute too!)

maybe i'll level mine up after i finish my firered team and see what i can do with it,i guess it could be considered useless when compared to all the really good water types (its parent included),but theres a lot of water types overshadowed by them

Can Harley be added to the wall of shame? You can just feel his homosexuallity, yet the english anime trys to pass him off as a streight character. (I.E. When he dressed up as May, Max stated that Harley had a crush on his sister.)

Can Harley be added to the wall of shame? You can just feel his homosexuallity, yet the english anime trys to pass him off as a streight character. (I.E. When he dressed up as May, Max stated that Harley had a crush on his sister.)

I dont think thats a good reason to put a person on the hall of shame...in fact thats a horrible reason...

That scene was hillarious though XD...in a scary way

I dont think thats a good reason to put a person on the hall of shame...in fact thats a horrible reason...

That scene was hillarious though XD...in a scary way

How about his Wigglytuff? It could take two move from two different pokemon without even being phased. It's like it's haxing the anime. >_

The anime has been haxed many times...

AIM FOR THE HORN!

OH, OH!

How about how Ash godmods the whole pokemon series. Even in the G/S/C, his Pikachu can use electrical attacks on rock/ground types. In the anime, he rapidly uses strategies that defy the laws of pokemon.

DODGE AND USE THUNDER.
PIKACHU, STAND ON YOUR TAIL!
ATTACK WITH AGILITY.

Probopass is hilarious, quite possibly my favorite Pokemon from DP, and has defensive stats like a tank. Shame on all of you. :p
i love Probopass too !
whats wrong with the cute little pokemon
mine is on lv 50
arbok is good too
my wall of shame consists of only one pokemon
zigzagoon - the most annoying pokemon that appears everywhere

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Phione i can't say's useless though.It still has nice bases i believe with 80 each (not as great as 100,but most normal pokemon don't get 100 bases in more than a few places).It might be neat as a physical tank with charm,acid armor,and aqua ring (this is not thinking of TMs as well).Perhaps if it can learn baton pass (not sure) its uselessness might be increased even moreso.Just cause its a weaker manaphy doesn't mean it has to be useless (its cute too!)

Cute, eh? Each to their own >>

Thing is, would you train it over Manaphy when Manaphy is better in pretty well every way? There's no pre-evoed Mew, Celebi or Jirachi, and we dealt with it just fine. Why now? Compared to the others, Manaphy has also become one of the easiest 'unobtainables' to obtain. Like I said, its not that it's "useless", it's pointless, and that makes it worth even less than Magikarp in my mind. At least Magikarp has its place in the Pokemon World. Phione can only be obtained by breeding Manaphy, and can't even evolve into Manaphy... It's just a WFC gimmick, and I personally would've rather something that wasn't just a direct offshoot of an already better Pokemon.

Cute, eh? Each to their own >>

Thing is, would you train it over Manaphy when Manaphy is better in pretty well every way? There's no pre-evoed Mew, Celebi or Jirachi, and we dealt with it just fine. Why now? Compared to the others, Manaphy has also become one of the easiest 'unobtainables' to obtain. Like I said, its not that it's "useless", it's pointless, and that makes it worth even less than Magikarp in my mind. At least Magikarp has its place in the Pokemon World. Phione can only be obtained by breeding Manaphy, and can't even evolve into Manaphy... It's just a WFC gimmick, and I personally would've rather something that wasn't just a direct offshoot of an already better Pokemon.

Theres one point you miss,and thats that not everyone can get Manaphy.Being an event type pokemon just like them,compared to phione which just requires an owner to breed his manaphy.Its the only legendary that can breed anyway,so noone can get even a similar of the other legendaries

unless you expect everyone has action replay,i don't think u can expect everyone to have Manaphy,so why not opt for a Phione?Its like asking why get a golduck when you get get a suicune.Many could say Suicune is better,but unless you have firered or leafgreen you can't get one legit,unless som1's crazy enough to trade

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Again, we can't breed any other Legendaries. Why start now? The answer is WFC gimmick, but I've already pointed out my views on that...

Also, considering that anyone in NA or Europe will be able to get Manaphy via Ranger, it's not that rare anymore. Ranger is a decent game, too, so its worth playing. If you didn't buy it for yourself, I'm sure you could track someone down online who did and would be willing to trade.

So, no, I don't expect everyone to own an AR :p

Again, we can't breed any other Legendaries. Why start now? The answer is WFC gimmick, but I've already pointed out my views on that...

Also, considering that anyone in NA or Europe will be able to get Manaphy via Ranger, it's not that rare anymore. Ranger is a decent game, too, so its worth playing. If you didn't buy it for yourself, I'm sure you could track someone down online who did and would be willing to trade.

So, no, I don't expect everyone to own an AR :p

Theres many gimmicks,but this one is an actually good one.If you forget Phione is based off manaphy it has decent stats,and good move options.Besides that no,i don't have Pokemon Ranger and don't plan to,so Phione will probably be nice to have.Nonetheless you can't expect people to all have pokemon ranger either,it won't be any more huge than any other legendary,save i guess people who wanna spend money for it and enjoy the game.

Even so i hold true to this.If i use Phione i will keep her even if Manaphy shows up.Its like asking whether you wanna replace your pokemon with a legendary.Sure the legendary is stronger but come on you've used this pokemon,did you use it just because you wanted the best?

besides that Phione is still better than the other baby pokemon :p.Personally i thought being able to breed Manaphy was nice,even though it doesn't yield manaphy.It still lets people get somthing that not everyone can get.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Even so i hold true to this.If i use Phione i will keep her even if Manaphy shows up.Its like asking whether you wanna replace your pokemon with a legendary.Sure the legendary is stronger but come on you've used this pokemon,did you use it just because you wanted the best?

Don't put words in my mouth. That has nothing to do with what I've been saying and you know it :p

A legendary is a legendary. Or a legendary was a legendary. The purpose of them has kinda been lost this latest generation. If Phione hadn't been invented we'd be no worse off, but I guess you can say that about a lot of Pokemon. At least stuff like Luvdisc has a purpose, though. Phione is just another Pokemon to chuck onto the pile and fill your dex with - and you still need either your own Manaphy or know someone with one to get it. So yeah... sorry if I fail to see the purposefulness of it in the grand scheme of things. We had enough Water-types to begin with...

OH, OH!

How about how Ash godmods the whole pokemon series. Even in the G/S/C, his Pikachu can use electrical attacks on rock/ground types. In the anime, he rapidly uses strategies that defy the laws of pokemon.

DODGE AND USE THUNDER.
PIKACHU, STAND ON YOUR TAIL!
ATTACK WITH AGILITY.

Ash doesn't Godmod the whole series, in fact, no matter how many leagues he's been through, his Pikachu can still be beaten by the 1st or 2nd gym leader of a corresponding region....

[quote author=Linkachu]Don't put words in my mouth. That has nothing to do with what I've been saying and you know it Tongue

A legendary is a legendary. Or a legendary was a legendary. The purpose of them has kinda been lost this latest generation. If Phione hadn't been invented we'd be no worse off, but I guess you can say that about a lot of Pokemon. At least stuff like Luvdisc has a purpose, though. Phione is just another Pokemon to chuck onto the pile and fill your dex with - and you still need either your own Manaphy or know someone with one to get it. So yeah... sorry if I fail to see the purposefulness of it in the grand scheme of things. We had enough Water-types to begin with...[/quote]

I think, like every succeeding game in the ftanchise, Phione was there to make it more "interesting", and was pretty much the lamest reason to buy diamond and Pearl (not saying the games are lame, just the added feature of breeding a legendary for the first time evah)

Probopass is hilarious, quite possibly my favorite Pokemon from DP, and has defensive stats like a tank. Shame on all of you. :p

Heh heh. Tank. Zap Cannon. *laughs like Squidward quietly* Yes bad joke, but oh well.

I honestly like Flash as an HM better than Defog. Flash at least lowered the foes accuracy, Defog just... lowers evasiveness. But it could but good if used right. Like in Turnback Cave. If you don't clear the fog, you and Giratina miss half the time! >:( I had to catch a Golbat from that cave. Granted it was level 65... but , anyway. Every move and/or pokemon can be used well. Except Magikarp and Splash.... O.O I gotta put that in my sig....

So, yeah. That's all I have to say.

The fact that it costs 9,999 coins to get a Porygon is pretty shameful. Thankfully, they also improved Magikarp in later versions by allowing it to learn tackle by level 15, I think. At least it just doesn't splash around anymore.

Probopass scares me.

It is very shameful that they keep bending the rules of pokemon. Why add evos of pokemon from the first generation (and pre-evos) When the very first games couldn't do such a thing? Shameful.

err....you could get porygon for 6500 coins in LG, so not as shameful.

probopass scares me, too.

splash can be used effectively in contests xD

they didn't have enough room to put it all in in the original games, and it's their game. they do what they want with it. if they want to give arceus an evolution, they damn well could. not up to us, unless they put up a poll.

The starters having an uneven male:female ratio is rather shameful, although it makes little difference when none of the starters have differences between the two gender anyway. Which is also shameful, but I guess the spriters didn't want to edit minor details for each Pokémon. I can understand that much; it takes longer, and it takes up more space on the cartridge. They already had to shove the programming for tons of Spinda variations, 28 Unown and hells knows what else in there... :p

Also, the shortening of the ears for female Sneasels and Weaviles in Diamond/Pearl I find rather upsetting, because it detracts some of the cuteness from the Pokémon, in my opinion. Sneasels are feminine Pokémon too, I feel, and though the small ears are cute, they're not as cute as the longer ones. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got another little one.

Possibly the most useless of additions to the pokedex has to be the male/female veiwer. The differences, so little that you don't usually notice at first glance are usually along the same lines (Ex. Rhydon's horns, Shorter ears/ longer ears, etc.)

I agree for the most part, Sonjo, but some of the differences are actually pretty nifty no matter the size, like with Hippopotasu (is that the English name? I forget... not got D/P myself yet, I learn the Pokemon best from playing the games) and Pikachu, the two I remember most. Hippopotasu's colours switch around depending on gender, and female Pikachu's have that cute little notch in their tail that makes it vaguely resemble a heart (at least, in my opinion).

The starters having an uneven male:female ratio is rather shameful, although it makes little difference when none of the starters have differences between the two gender anyway. Which is also shameful, but I guess the spriters didn't want to edit minor details for each Pokémon. I can understand that much; it takes longer, and it takes up more space on the cartridge. They already had to shove the programming for tons of Spinda variations, 28 Unown and hells knows what else in there... :p

Venasuar do have a difference between the males and females. The female Venasaur will have a seed in her flower-thingy. But the most disturbing thing is the lipstick they put on the female Wobbufet. ~shudders~

Oh... I honestly never noticed that Venusaur thing. I flicked through pretty quickly on Serebii's Pokédex when checking the genders, particularly of the starters and their evolutions, because I assumed they were all the same after going through a couple.

I've not actually seen the female Wobbuffet before... *Goes to check*

... LOL. That's hilariously ridiculous. But I guess since Wobbuffet's a pretty funny Pokémon to begin with, it's fitting...

i really dont know.......i believe mine would have to be the replasment of misty in the anime, and the fact that ash wont make pikachu evolve i mean god he must be at like level 100 by now....god his thunder shock should have become a thunder wave by now...j/k

I honestly like Flash as an HM better than Defog. Flash at least lowered the foes accuracy, Defog just... lowers evasiveness. But it could but good if used right. Like in Turnback Cave. If you don't clear the fog, you and Giratina miss half the time! >:( I had to catch a Golbat from that cave. Granted it was level 65... but , anyway. Every move and/or pokemon can be used well. Except Magikarp and Splash.... O.O I gotta put that in my sig....

I had to battle Giratina twice (still couldn't capture it but oh well) and I did better when I didn't clear the fog. Sure you miss Giratina a lot but the flipside is Giratina misses you. And I think can use X Accuracy adn use Leppa Berries, Elixers, or Ethers; Giratina can't. Or maybe that was just my bad fortune.

They made the male/female difference thing to make it seem like it actually mattered which gender you caught.Normally, you could care less which gender you caught, but now you have to decide which one looks better and catch that one. Now, if they had stat differences of something (which they could, because I haven't even touched a copy of DP. So I know next to nothing about it.) that might be better.

The differences between the male and female are only in appearence. They don't have different stats. Usually people only care about gender when they're breeding. That's why everyone always wants their starter to be female. Personally I was thrilled when I hatched a female Treecko, Charmander, and Torchic. :)

Hippopotus, simply for the name. Ever think they've tapped the creativity well dry by now?

and you're saying charmander isn't unoriginal? or bulbasaur? or squirtle? or hoothoot?

gee, i thought they'd tapped the creativity dry by the FIRST gen, and yet they still surprise me.

Portmanteaus are far more original than Hippopotus. They took out two letters from the animal it's derived from.

I've actually used Hippopotus more than I've used Hippopotamus, and as a result the later looks like the fake name >_>

Portmanteaus are far more original than Hippopotus. They took out two letters from the animal it's derived from.

I've actually used Hippopotus more than I've used Hippopotamus, and as a result the later looks like the fake name >_>

ekans. snake. use a mirror.

not original.

pidgeot. pidgeon.

ninetales. nine tails.

basically, you're complaining about this one because it's new.

I hate Ekans and Arbok, too. I just forgot about them >_>

But I forgive Ninetales because Ninetales is beautiful ^_^

...Even if Ninetales is proof that Nintendo got wicked freakin' lazy.

...Yeah! Nothing about Ninetales is original! Look up the legend of the Kitsune and then compare them to Ninetales's Dex entries. They're like exactly the same thing.

Ninetales belongs here, too. Even if it IS gorgeous ^_^

Adding to that Seel, Dewgong. They're homophones, or homynyms. Hmmm...they could even be homographs. You get what I'm saying. Same pronunciation, different spelling. Gastly, Krabby, Muk, and Persian can be added to the list.

They're simple but they work.

I still have serious issues with the names Piplup and Prinplup.

Another something I have issues with is Froslass.

Froslass is so funny because it's the kind of word that can cause spit to go EVERYWHERE with all the S's.

Added to the humor is "Frothlath" - the lisp pronouncation.

I don't really like Clefable...Its stats were never really good when I trained one of them. They were always getting killed, kinda like my Snorlax x.x