• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Virtual: Welcome to the V-Network

Discussion -> https://pokecharms.com/threads/digital-pokemon-battles.17695/#post-516298

Ryker Yuto examined the headset he had been given. It has a visor across where his eyes would be, and and back headrest. It had one purpose. To help him enter the V-Network.

It's now the 22nd century and things are different. Pokemon battling, training, and caring is entirely virtual to keep them from being extinct. Ryker had been waiting for this day for a good while, and he was ready to enter.

He leaned back in his chair, and placed the machine on his head. Then he activate it with the click of a button, digitizing himself into the headset itself.

As Ryker began to materialize in the V-Network, his clothing had began to change, along with his appearance. During school, he had set up his login, customized his image, and chosen his first Pokemon. Now, he stood in the bustling hub, with a Pokeball strapped to his belt.

He put his hand to his side, and lifted up the Pokeball. "Cyber," he breathed looking at it. I was finally his Pokemon. Around the boy was the bustling hub, filled with trainers. However, due to him being a new trainer, he was transported to a corner of a building, after a few seconds post spawn. Here, the other students at Saffron High would spawn in. His eyes scanned the crowd of trainers, looking for a member of his class.

Karma Garcia, a shy bookworm with a love towards various of games finally obtained her VR device. She examined the helmet like device which kind of reminded her of a certain anime.

Once she put on this device she will finally get to taste and feel what it's like to be in a virtual world, not only that she will also became a trainer. This device in her hands will help her to rebuild herself, a redemption of some sort or a reset button. She took in a deep breathed before put the headgear on.

She get into a comfortable position in her chair, she double checked it so she wouldn't end up with cramping muscles before she clicked on the button.

Karma opened her now amber eyes as she saw herself inside the V-network, her appearance were completely altered than her original self which she was pleased to learned, she didn't really want others to know the real world her inside the V-network. Not like anyone would noticed or know her here since they dont know her in the real world.

Sakuna was excited. She has heard of the V-Network and couldn't wait to see what it was. She took the VR headset and examined it. It wasn't too big to wear nor was it too small.

With her patience running out, she sat down and wore the headset, adjusting it to a comfortable position. Sakuna then relaxed herself before she activated it.

Her body was then digitizing before closing her eyes. When she opened them, she saw herself in the V-Network, her clothes and appearance changing. Her looks changed to what she made when she was at school.

She closed her eyes once more, opening them when she heard several different voices. Looking around, she noticed she is now in a crowded area. Several Trainers roam the area, chatting with on another.

Sakuna was then teleported to a different location. She thought it was odd for her to be teleported to here if the place she was at is the spawn point. She then looked around the area, wondering about the things she can do.

"Welcome new trainers. My name is Roman, and I am the creator of this world. Now I know, you all know the rules of this world, as you've spent part of the school day learning about them. So I'm here to welcome you. I've gifted each of you 5 Pokeballs for catching Pokemon, and some healing items. And for you more avid battlers, I suggest entering the Bronze Cup tournament to gain some experience. And for those who aren't I suggest the Daisy Contest, or maybe just meeting new Pokemon. But overall, enjoy yourselves here." A man said by the time most trainers had arrived. Then he disappeared as fast as he arrived, and the trainers were teleported back to the main hub.

"I'm gonna catch some Pokemon," Ryker said calmly, waking towards the nearest section gate. Section gates, allow trainers to got to placed habitated by Pokemon. There they could battle wild ones and catch new ones. He scrolled through the options. Then he noticed one that caught his attention. A Section called the Lava Zone. It seemed to have a lot of fire, ground, and rock types. It would be an nteresting challenge for his electric type. He smiled and selected the option.

In a glow of light, Ryker was transported to the bottom of a volcano.

Karma sighed as she let out her starter "Nice to meet you at last, Hera." The Ralts looked up at her before smiling cheerfully and jumped in her arms which surprised Karma. It took Karma a good few seconds to comprehend what just happened, she hugged back at her Pokémon and laughed. "You sure are clingy." She chuckled before she ran towards a section gate with Hera in her arms, she hummed as she browse through options "Which to first?"

Hera peered in as Karma scrolled through the forest section, the Pokémon pointed at it which stopped Karma from scrolling from the section. "You want to go the forest?" Hera nodded "Alright then, to the forest we go." Karma exclaimed as she selected the section. With a bright light Karma and Hera found themselves in the middle of a beautiful and mysterious forest.

After being teleported back to the main hub, Sakuna took out a Pokéball and let out her Gible. "Hi again Topaz, have you been well?" She asked. "Of course I have!" Topaz jumped happily as Sakuna picked him up, bringing him close to her face.

"Great! Let's go find some Pokémon!" Sakuna exclaimed with excitement, taking a few steps before tripping and fell, flinging Topaz upwards as she fell down... face first. "Itee~. Topaz? Where are you?"

"Aaargh!" Topaz fell infront of Sakuna as he hit the ground and looked at Sakuna. "Ehehe, sorry Topaz. I didn't mean to do that." Sakuna apologised, getting up and picking Topaz up. "Alright, this time. Let's go!" She then head to the closest section gate and looked through the options. Her eyes then set on the Lake Zone.

"This should be a good place to start." She said and by a bright light, Sakuna was near a large and vivid lake.

Last edited:
"Cyber! Stand by for battle!" Ryker shouted, sending out his Pokemon. The Shinx appeared in a flash of light and looked at Ryker with an annoyed look.

"So you've chosen me," the Electric type said. "But why did I get stuck with you?" Cyber mumbled.

Ryker scratched his head. "This may seem ignorant to you, but I thought Pokemon were unable to speak. I've never heard one, and th few that I've met couldn't say anything in the human language. What about you?'

Cyber gave a chuckle. "Well at least you aren't freaking out. It's what I expected from you. Well you see, with Pokemon being entirely digital nowadays, it's easier for glitches to occur. And I guess it was a simple glitch that allows me to talk human language. Simple as that."

Ryker gave a nod, running it through his head. It all seemed to makes sense. Then a rushing noise distracted him from his thoughts. A fireball rushed passed him, nearly hitting him.

Ryker looked forward to see a Houndour glaring at him, snarling angrily. "It seems you were stupid enough to wander into his territory," Cyber said, getting into a battle ready stance.

"Use Tackle!" Ryber shouted, trying to command Cyber.

"No way!" Cyber shouted, doing a roll to the left to avoid another Ember attack. "I'll going to use Spark. Keep some distance, but still deal some pyshical damage!" And with that, Cyber charged forward, with his body glowing with electricity. As soo as the attack hit and dealt some damage, Cyber leapt backwards, putting some distance between himself and the Houndour.

Ryker winced. It seemed that getting Cyber to work with him was going to be difficult. Not to mention he had to keep the fact he could talk private. This was going to be tough.

Halt just got home from school. He was late for the opening, since he lived so far away. Right when he got home from school, he sat down in a chair in his room, and put on his helmet.

Being digitalizesed, felt wierd to Halt. "I hope im not to late." The professor was waiting for him when he spawned in. "Sorry im late. It was a long drive home." Halt took the kit supplied to him from the school, and left immediate. "Welcome, Snover." Halt said, as he released his pokemon from his ball. "Lets go look for some water types." Halt said to his partner. He nodded back. They together ran to a beach area.

Halt spotted a crabby. "Lets take on that one." 'Good idea my good sir.' "What the heck. Did you just say something?" 'No, I ment to say, Snover!' Halt burst out laughing. 'It was a glitch in my coding. Nobody is perfect.' "Keep cracking good jokes, and I shall not tell anyone. Now lets go take on that crabby. Use razor leaf." 'That I can do.' Snover replied launching a razor leaf at the pokemon. "Dodge the bubble!" Called Halt as the crabby attacked. "Now powder snow." And snover attacked, and made a critical hit. "Should I catch him?" 'Go ahead, I like this crabby.' Snover replied. "Come on, Pokeball!" Halt called out, as he threw the pokeball. The ball rocked once, then twice, and it captured it. "Nice, great job snover. Here he comes, Crabby!" Halt called out, as he threw out the pokeball. Crabby came out. "Nice to meet you crabby. I hope you will like me and snover. Sorry about fighting you." Crabby nodded, and walked around me. "Lets go do more battling."

"Alright Topaz! Get ready!" Sakuna exclaimed as she engaged in a battle with a Lotad. "I'm always ready! Ready to battle!" Topaz said, taking his stance. The Lotad charged at Topaz, using Astonish with all its might. "Topaz, jump now!" Sakuna shouted. "Nice try!" Topaz jumped and landed on the Lotad, using his weight to push the Water type onto the ground.

Topaz jumped off the Lotad and landed near Sakuna. Lotad got up slowly, inhaling before letting out a barrage of Bubble towards Topaz. "Topaz, use Dragon Rage!" Sakuna shouted. "Your Bubble won't scare me!" Topaz roared as he charged up before letting out a blue blast from his mouth, popping the bubbles and directly hit the Lotad, knocking it out.

"Alright! Time to catch it!" Sakuna took out her Pokéball and toss it to the unconcious Water type as it turned to a beam of energy into the Pokéball. It then dropped on the floor and started shaking. "Come on, please work." Sakuna plead as the Pokéball stopped shaking and clicked. She jumped for joy as she ran up and picked up the capsule containing her first catch.

"Yes! I caught my first Pokémon!" Sakuna exclaimed. "Hey! What about me?" Topaz asked. "Well, you're not technically the first Pokémon I caught." She pointed out as Topaz realised it. "Well, let's meet our new friend. Come on out!" Sakuna thrown the capsule up and let out her Lotad.

"Lotad!" It cried out. "Hi Lotad, it seems we are gonna be friends now." Sakuna said as she crouched down. "Oh and sorry for hurting you earlier.". "Lotad!" "He said he didn't mind it." Topaz translated. "Alright then, how about I give you a name. Hm... How about Aloe?". "Lotad!" "He says he likes it." Topaz translated as Aloe jumped happily.

"Okay, Come on. Let's go and find any more Pokémon." Sakuna stood up and walked off with Aloe and Topaz walking beside her.