• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Village Fete Summer event begins tomorrow

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
villagefetelogo.png
Although we already knew about the 'Village Fete' summer event distributing the movie Regigigas that's stopping off at a (very) few choice locations across England this August, Nintendo has distributed a newsletter detailing exactly what to expect at these events.

As well as the Regigigas distribution - which you can use in Pokemon Platinum to obtain the other Regis - the 11th movie, 'Giratina and the Sky Warrior, Shaymin' will be shown alongside episodes from all 11 seasons of the Pokemon anime.

New trainers will be able to enroll in a Pokemon Academy that will teach them the ins and outs of the games (though, Lord knows to what level this will be), while experienced players of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum can challenge eachother in the Challenge Zone.

Younger fans can take advantage of the face painting, balloon modelling and the opportunity to have a photo taken with the Pokemon characters that will be roaming around the event.

Finally, visitors to the event will be in with a chance to win a Haven family holiday during March, April, May or June next year.

The event will be decorated under the theme of the Sinnoh region, and familliar characters and even locations will be present at the event.

The events kick off tomorrow at the Nottingham River Festival, with most of the other events also taking place during other such festivals and fetes going on across the summer. Some of these may require payment to enter, so be sure to check before going with Nintendo's service center hotline if you're unsure: +44 (0) 870 60 60 247. If you've already forgotten them, the dates for the other events are:

Nottingham River Festival July 31 - Aug. 2
Bristol Balloon Fiesta Aug. 6 - Aug. 9
Eastbourne Airshow Aug. 13 - Aug. 16
Weymouth Carnival Aug. 18 - Aug. 19
Liverpool One Aug. 22 - Aug. 24
Braehead Shopping Center Aug. 28 - Aug. 31
Westfield Derby Sept. 3 - Sept. 6

Yeah, another event in Liverpool 1. I'll be able to get that Regigigas and the Regis too... And be able to help out younger trainers. *Strikes a heroic veteran pose*

I'm taking my camera to the Liverpool Event. I'll be travelling with quite a large group of friends (possibly up to about 10 of us) and I should be easy to spot, most of you should know what I look like now as my face has been plastered on this News Page before xD!

If anyone's looking to fill their PokéDex or obtain other Event Pokémon, I'll be glad to help. I have many of the past Event Pokémon such as: Aura Mew, MYSTRY Mew, 10ANNIV Lugia, Ho-oh, Raikou, Suicune, Pikachu, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Dragonite, PKTOPIA Pikachu, PKTOPIA Electivire, PKTOPIA Magmortar, Ranger Manaphy, SPACE C Deoxys, DOEL Deoxys, Gamestp Deoxys, ALAMOS Darkrai (JAP, USA, EUR), WISHMKR Jirachi, CHANNEL Jirachi, TRU Shaymin, Japanese Event Shaymin, Movie11 Shaymin, Japanese Event Regigigas, TRU Regigigas, VGC09 Shiny Milotic, EON Ticket Latias. I think I have some others too. However, anything I give you will be a clone.

I'll probably do everything at the event, but I plan on getting a lot of battles done. If you want to challenge me, just ask.

Anyone from here going to Liverpool?

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
We need to do a meet in London sometime. I wants to murdermeet you all but it's too far to Manchester :p

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
[quote author=Havak link=topic=6633.msg116275#msg116275 date=1249415789]
Anyone from here going to Liverpool?

I believe there may be an Official Pokecharms Meetup there, yes :). Timings etc are still to be sorted out, but so far Saturday 22nd August is winning.
[/quote]

I'll likely be along for the Liverpool to grace everyone with my royal presence also. Any day should do fine for me since I don't think I have any other plans for any of those days.

Lv.100 Regigigas is FTW!
One question though.
Does this Regigigas summon the three regis? I think this is probably the case, but I just want to make sure.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
A chunk of Pokecharms Staff will be at the Liverpool event this Saturday afternoon if anyone else will also be attending and wishes to meet up with us.

We'll be there from around 2pmish, so if you see us around, don't be afraid to say hi. :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I should be able to make my way there, although I'm pretty much guaranteed to screw up on ordering the coach tickets - I'll have to wait and see if I will definitely, 100% be able to go.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Just bought my train tickets. I could have gone for £22 return on the coach, but that would also have been five and a half hours each way, plus an hour or so getting to central London first. That would make a total of 12 hours or so's travel just to be social with people, and making the journey impossible to do in one day. Also I think five and a half hours on a coach would have me ready to kill things. (I can't fall asleep no matter how tired I am, unless I'm REALLY comfortable).

So instead I'm going by train, and the Liverpool to London journey alone will cost the same as what the coach would for both directions, but it's also half the time. Double the money and half the time seems fair to me, if annoying. Bizarrely, it was cheaper to go freaking FIRST CLASS for the London to Liverpool part. Second class ticket = £38.50, first class ticket = £34. WTF?

Travel is too expensive :p.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just managed to confirm that I will be able to come on Saturday, I'll need someone to order the coach tickets for me though since I've got over 9000 other things to try and organize (my mom's birthday, uni work, getting a new computer, sorting out modules for uni, list goes on and on...) Don't worry though, I'll still give you the money for the tickets.

Also, where exactly in Manchester were we planning on meeting?

EDIT: Coach tickets are sorted. Regihax is coming with me as well for some fun. :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Probably best meeting at the train station and make our way to the National Express. It's not very far away. The coach will be there around 12:45, so we need to make sure we are there with plenty of time because if we miss it, we're screwed XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Yush, sorry, should have mentioned that ^^;

With a bit of luck I'll be booking the tickets on Wednesday. I'd leave it longer but the over oragnised part of me just won't let me XD

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
The main posse is arriving about 2.30 pm. Their coach gets in at 1.45 or so and then they'll walk up to the Liverpool Lime Street station to get me at 2.15 pm. I am hoping that we are not going to be wearing silly badges with the PokeCharms logo on, although I will if that's what has been decided :p.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to hang out for a few hours. I've booked the 18:48 (6.48 pm) train back to London, and my ticket is only valid on that train. Don't really want to be lurking in Liverpool by myself with nothing to do for a couple of hours!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The main posse is arriving about 2.30 pm. Their coach gets in at 1.45 or so and then they'll walk up to the Liverpool Lime Street station to get me at 2.15 pm. I am hoping that we are not going to be wearing silly badges with the PokeCharms logo on, although I will if that's what has been decided :p.

Nah, it's not necessary this time. :p But those badges were kickass - not silly! :p

OMG BEST DAY EVER TOMORROW, SNOOKER COMPETITION IN THE MORNING THEN POKEMON EVENT IN THE AFTERNOON, IM SO LUCKY TO LVIE IN LIVERPPOL AND NOT HAVE TO TRAVEL LIKE MOST OF YOU, WELL ANYWAY IF NY1 WANTS 2 TALK OR BATTLE OR SOMETHINK, IM SMALL AND SKINNY HAHA :s, AND WILL BE WITH MY COUZIN WHOS BIG AND QUITE STOCKY, WE MAY WHERE EVERTON FC JERSEYS SO LOOK OUT FOR US, HOPE EVREY1 HAS A GOOD TIME :D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Have a warning for all-caps and using NUMBERS in words...letters belong in words, not numbers.

Read the rules.