• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Videos

Okay, I have a question about the currently release episodes of Pokemon.

I know the whole Indigo Season is on VHS/DVD. (From Pokemon, I Choose You! - Friends to the End!).

Than the Orange Islands season got realeased on DVD. (3 Volumes, 7 episodes per volume).

Than Johto Journeys is on VHS (Don't Touch that Dile - Forest Grumps).

Than Jhoto Champions on DVD (7 Volumes, 7 episodes per volume).

Okay. But what about Master Quest? Has this ever been released?

And I know there are currently 6 volumes of Pokemon Advanced out with 5 episodes per Volume (if you get them on DVD).

So basically my question is: Has Master Quest been released, and does any one know when or if it will be?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
:( I wish even one of those DVDs had ever been released here... Gosh-damn it.

I think maybe Katie our Merch-expert may be able to help you more than i can. *points her in direction of topic*

Awe. Sorry you don't have access to them. However, you can get them off Ebay for real cheap. (That's where I got my whole collection for less than $150). They have some great deals, considering in the store each DVD costs $20 (and for only 3 episodes).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
I think maybe Katie our Merch-expert may be able to help you more than i can. *points her in direction of topic*

Me? An expert? I just skim store after store until I find something Pokemon-related ^__^;;

Anyways, I checked out Amazon.ca for you and, while they gave no description, something called "Pokemon: Master Quest: V1 Pt1" is set to be released on DVD November 16th. Amazon.com also had info on a Pokemon Master Quest: Boxset (again no description) but their release is set for October 26th. Either way, I guess that proves it is on its way, just not out yet.

I forget, but is it ADV, Pioneer, or Viz Video releasing the DVDs? Whichever it is, you should be able to find release date info on their main site.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumping....

For anyone interested, Master Quest is being released as two Collector's Boxsets - one on October 26th, the other sometime in February.
To check out the deal on Amazon.com go here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002YLDQO/ref=pd_sim_dv_1/102-4331653-3320927?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

From what I can sum up through DVD reviews the set contains first 32 dubbed Master Quest episodes on 3 disks. The quality is fair but the sound is pretty good. If you liked those episodes it might be worth getting, especially since it's currently 13% off.

I wish they'd do the smart thing and start releasing the DVDs with Japanese voices/subtitle options... Funimation did it with DBGT, so why can't these guys?