• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Video Game Championships - Update

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
You may remember an earlier post about this, so here's an update. The dates for the US regional championships have been announced (full info on the comment jump), and the existence of japanese, UK, french and german championships also announced - although the dates for these are still missing.

For all those who register for entry, a level 50 shiny milotic is also up for grabs - even if you don't make it into the championships themselves.

The official site also has information on the rules for the tournament, and more information on what to bring, etc. So get ready for battle, and good luck!

(Edit: As pointed out in the comments, the european dates are available. More info on the jump.)

The dates are not missing, you just have to go digging into the site to find them.

United Kingdom Worlds Qualifier
The Circus Space
Coronet Street
London, N1 6H
May 30, 2009

Germany Worlds Qualifier
Andel's Hotel
Landsberger Allee 106
Berlin
June 13, 2009

France Worlds Qualifier
Espace Charenton
327 Rue de Charenton
Paris
June 20, 2009

European Tournaments will be using copies of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl only, not Platinum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Regional Championship Events

May 9th - Seattle, WA
May 16th - San Francisco, CA
May 23rd - Phoenix, AZ
May 30th - Dallas, TX
June 6th - Philadelphia, PA
June 13th - Nashville, TN

Shiny Milotic Information

Level 50
Ability: Marvel Scale

Moves: Rain Dance
Recover
Hydro Pump
Icy Wind

Hold item: Flame Orb
Ribbon: Classic Ribbon

You will need a copy of Pokemon Platinum to receive this pokemon, one per person.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
You are sodding joking? There's only ONE UK event and it's the same fucking time as the one we're putting together?

Bloody hell.

Yeh I was going to bring that up with you Doctor Oak. I was going to suggest that you do your tournament in June now please, if possible. I don't think that people who are taking exams would be able to make both tournaments. Due to it taking up basically a whole weekend in order to get to both, so not as much time for revision.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The real problem is that June is a pretty impossible month for us to organise within ourselves. We've pencilled in the first week of June as a possibility, but really, the best weekend available to us is the weekend Platinum comes out. Much later than that, and it's interfering with our own exam timetables or, worse, even being able to make it to Manchester at all.

Sadly, we may have little choice but to ask people who can't split the time between both to choose. :/

It's really kind of a pity where and when this official event is taking place for me too - it'd not only be pretty difficult to make it to London for that - but I probably wont even be in England at all that weekend, I'll likely be back home in Northern Ireland...

Overall, it's a pretty lame showing that the Americans get a dozen events to themselves, while the entirety of Europe gets 3 events, one per country. If anything, it goes to show just how desperately events like the one we're putting together are needed to fill up the gap Nintendo leaves in its own ignorance of the fan base...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Shiny Milotic giveaway, lol. It makes the shiny Feebas I hatched during gen 3 a lot less unique, but at least mine has a nickname XD

Naturally there is no Canada side of this. Toronto's a huge city, so I'm surprised they didn't at least base something out of it... Not like I was expecting anything. Just would've been nice to see.

It says that each Pokémon on a player's team must be Level 50 or lower and that the Pokémon Link Club Colosseum does not have an auto-level feature, so Pokémon that are Level 51 or higher cannot be adjusted down to Level 50. A bit anoying seeing how i just got all of my pokemon above 50 in the past week or so. Hey ho just means i have to catch/breed some new ones. Looking forward to both this and your tournement.

Raargh. I won't be able to go to my American regional qualfiers. I blame future intense Japanese lessons and life in general.

I'd probably get creamed, anyway. :p

The Milotic thing sounds cool, though. Would everyone who particpated get one, or is it just for the winners of the qualifiers?

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
It's for anyone who registers - so even if you don't make it into the tournament itself, you still get the milotic.

It says that each Pokémon on a player's team must be Level 50 or lower and that the Pokémon Link Club Colosseum does not have an auto-level feature, so Pokémon that are Level 51 or higher cannot be adjusted down to Level 50. A bit anoying seeing how i just got all of my pokemon above 50 in the past week or so. Hey ho just means i have to catch/breed some new ones. Looking forward to both this and your tournement.

wow that whomps! my team is all in the 70's but they're perfect! its the best team ever i could've Pawned the 10 year olds with their teams of legendaries! but now that you say that, i'm not even going to TRY to go, i already have my EV trained, perfect move, dream team and i'm not starting over because they're too strong! >:(

Well thats somewhat confusing..

Youve posted about this tournement in manchester and now your saying the qualifiers are going down in london. is this saying that your tournement is not an official VGC event? Because i am aiming to enter one and i want it to be the right one.

Do we have to enter the tournement in manchester and then go to the one in london? then again the one in manchester is after this..

So confusing..

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Digging up a month-old topic about Pokemon tournaments to ask for the TCM back? That certainly counts as SPAM.

Warned. Read the rules before posting again.