1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Announced for 3DS

1. Teapot

Teapot Virtual Duck Enthusiast
    Staff Member Administrator

Today, Game Freak have announced two new games for the 3DS: Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Pokémon Ultra Moon. Not a huge amount is known about the games so far, but they will be released worldwide (finally!) on 17th November 2017, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family.

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are, as you'd expect, "powered up" versions of Pokémon Sun and Moon, with new additions to the story and features. Rather than being a straight third version or sequel, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon apparently set out to tell an "alternative version" of the Sun and Moon story. The video reveals that they include two new formes of Solgaleo and Lunala – which appear to be fused with parts of Necrozma, and expanded character customisation options and an altered Alolan Pokédex, with Pokémon not previously found in Alola.

#1 Teapot, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Pokécharms News' started by Teapot, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Shiny Lyni
    2. alolatrainer
      alolatrainer
      Super hype!!! Pre ordering right after work!!!
    3. Eeveechu151
      Eeveechu151
      HOLY YES! Oh, this looks awesome. I'm psyched we're already getting the next Pokemon game, even if it's mostly a remake. And hey - it releases just a week after my birthday!
    4. Frontier Master
      Frontier Master
      THE HYPE TRAIN IS LEAVING THE STATION FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!!!
    5. Shiny Lyni
      Shiny Lyni
      Dunno if it counts as a "remake"; some of the previous third versions (like Emerald) serve as a way to sort of fix holes in the story. I'm expecting Ultra Sun/Moon to do the same, along with some added new content.
    6. Mr.Munchlax
      Mr.Munchlax
      I'm so glad this isn't a Switch game since I can't afford one at the moment, but I'm not sure which I'm more excited about: this, or Gold & Silver's virtual re-release
    7. Flashpoint37
    8. Eeveechu151
      Eeveechu151
      Eh, true.
      Aidan Javier and NerdyNinja like this.
    9. Mr.Munchlax
      Mr.Munchlax
      If anything, this seems more akin to Black 2 & White 2, though We still need more info before considering them retellings or sequels
    10. Shiny Lyni
      Shiny Lyni
      iirc it seems to be a retelling of the story? (or "set in an alternate universe" or something) so it doesn't really feel like it's a sequel.
    11. Mr.Munchlax
      Mr.Munchlax
      True, the protagonist does look too much like Sun. Part of me does wish these will end up as sequels though so that they do something with those vacant lots all around the Alola region
    12. SquirtleLover
      SquirtleLover
      So Necrozoma is becoming like an alternate Kyreum or something?
    13. NerdyNinja
      NerdyNinja
      WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
      Aidan Javier likes this.
    14. Skybeast621
      Skybeast621
      HOLY CRAP. Nothing has happened for months and I log off for two days. Then this news drops. i need to stop expecting nothing to happen. I going to pre-order this right now
    15. NerdyNinja
      NerdyNinja
      s maybe its like black and white 2, Having Ghetsis (Err... Lusamine) fuse kyruem (Or necrozma in this case) with reshiram (Solgaleo) and zekrom (Lunala)
      Aidan Javier and Frontier Master like this.
    16. The Regal Omega
      The Regal Omega
      Damn, I wasn't ready for this at all! :-O Looks like I gotta rush through my Sun/Moon playthroughs so I can purchase these bad boys as well. :D Wonder if they are gonna have steelbook editions like Sun and Moon had. :?
    17. 13InHeaven
      13InHeaven
      Yup. Just. This. Ho-ly-AHEMFGRGRFRGFR. *dies* Anyway, so extremely goddamn hyped for this! Can't wait till November to buy Ultra Moon of course, since I bought Moon. Or maybe Ultra Sun? Like I did with Sapphire, but then choose Omega Ruby? Idk. But still, it looks awesome to have a Totem Lycanroc or something. Let's wait until more info comes out! :D
      Aidan Javier and The Regal Omega like this.
    18. Mockingchu
      Mockingchu
      I feel so weird. I'm not actually that hyped. I'm loving my current (AND FIRST) playthrough of Sun. But a big reason is the fact that it's all so new. The Ride Pokemon, the new Alolan Pokemon (I LOVE ROCKRUFF), trials, different islands. I feel like that "new" vibe will be lost if they just do another batch of more of the same. At the same time, I LOVED Black 2/White 2, and I'm getting that sort of vibe from these games. I'll wait to see more of the trailer, considering they're promising MORE new Pokemon. So I guess I'm like 78.4821% hyped. Don't ask.
      I have seen a few episodes of a Sun Playthrough, so I know that Lilly leaves for Kanto. At the time, I thought ever actually owning Sun was an unreachable dream. Luckily, I resourced, and have it now. But that's besides the point! I'm thinking that maybe we'll see more of Lilly. Possibly have a throwback to Gold/Silver considering they're having a re-release, and we might head to Kanto after Alola. Anyhoo, that's just my take.
      Kragn likes this.
    19. Kragn
      Kragn
      Ooo, I'm so excited for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon! Maybe this time, I'll try to avoid spoilers for these "remakes".
      The Regal Omega and Mockingchu like this.
    20. SmokeyLucario275
      SmokeyLucario275
      They're Black/White 2ing us again and I love it! This looks awesome!
      Kragn likes this.
    21. The Regal Omega
      The Regal Omega
      @Kragn That was one of my problems as well, I knew way too much before I started the game. With all those trailers however, I can't fully blame myself either. :p
      Kragn likes this.
    22. Cloudswift
      Cloudswift
      SQUEEEEEEEEE~! I'm SOOOOO excited for the release, and I'm kind of intrigued by Solgaleo and Lunala's other forms. Mystery! XD
      AuraVolt97 likes this.
    23. AuraVolt97
      AuraVolt97
      Get on dat hype train, MOFOS!
      The Regal Omega likes this.
    24. Mr.Munchlax
      Mr.Munchlax
      Yes & no. They are giving Necrozma the same treatment they gave Kyurem, but we're still not sure if this a sequel like BW2 or a retelling like Crystal, Emerald, & Platinum
    25. alolatrainer
      alolatrainer
      All pre ordered now...I'm the first to pre order ultra moon at my local gamestop:)
    26. SilvallyTamer
      SilvallyTamer
      Looks like Project "Stars" was real! Also, the creature under Mimikyu's disguise looks a lot like Marshadow...

Plus, those new forms for Solgaleo and Lunala look a lot like the Radiant Sun and Full Moon Forms.
      Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
      Frontier Master likes this.
    27. Chi Eary ~
      Chi Eary ~
      Uhh... I have sun but I want ultra moon cause it looks better xD
      Skybeast621 likes this.
    28. Koopa6000
      Koopa6000
      Not Gen 4 remake? Well this sucks
    29. SamTDG
      SamTDG
      Sooooo much hype!!!!!
    30. Mr.Munchlax
      Mr.Munchlax
      If the games take place in an alternate universe to go along with the Ulttra Wormholes & the multiverse concept they've been pushing for a while, I'd like it if they mixed up some of the characters' personalities like the do with AU tropes on TV to try and shake up the plot a little more. For example, Lillie could be a tough and serious trainer who takes Gladion's role in US/UM or Sophocles wold become a sports fanatic who loves social interaction
      SamTDG and SilvallyTamer like this.
    31. Psycho Monkey
      Psycho Monkey
      I expected good things today. I was not disappointed at all! For most of the trailer I was intrigued by the new Pokken game on Switch. Not enough to run out and get a Switch right away mind you, but it still got my attention. Then the scene with the kids happened and maniacal laughter broke out. As I was watching the announcement live while on break, one of my coworkers came in to see if I was ok. I most certainly was! Aside from theorizing about them bringing back the DNA Splicers to merge Necrozma with Solgaleo/Lunala, I'll withhold all speculation until they announce more information in the next few months.

Also really looking forward to Gold and Silver on Virtual Console. I'm disappointed at there being no Crystal to round out the trio (and Crystal being awesome anyway) but oh well. It saves me $5 or how ever much it would have been. :/
      Frontier Master and Mr.Munchlax like this.
    32. AuraVolt97
    33. meowthcaughtemall
      meowthcaughtemall
      What a pleasant surprise! :angel:
    34. Jeydis
      Jeydis
      Man those names...

Still excited though, I have been meaning to start a new play through soon so this should be perfect!
    35. Shocari
      Shocari
      The symbols on Solgaleo/Lunala's heads would tell me that the trial charm Kukui gives you will now actually be relevant instead of aesthetic bling
      Frontier Master likes this.
    36. Frontier Master
      Frontier Master
      I think you're right
      SilvallyTamer likes this.
    37. LuckyMug
      LuckyMug
      *Flips out*
    38. Adambenabou12
      Adambenabou12
      It's a remake of sun and moon
    39. Aquaman
      Aquaman
      Well, even though this game is going to be released three days before my birthday... I just have a feeling that the hype from the general public is soon going to be like a mob in the streets of Manhattan...

*Jigacho sits down in the corner nervously sipping his bottle of water*