• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon: Ultimate Blue

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
Welcome, trainers, to Pokemon:
Ultimate Blue! My name is LAARJ_PEEKACHOO, but you can just call me Peeko. My mission is to deliver the ULTIMATE Pokemon roleplaying experience! Based in the Alola region 50 years after the events of Pokemon: Ultra Sun and Pokemon: Ultra Moon, Pokemon: Ultimate Blue adds all Pokemon, new areas, new alolan forms, and new experiences to the Alola region, so hop on in and discover your own destiny in the world of Pokemon.

You thought that was it? No. There are still some rules to go over.
1. The first 3 people to join will get to choose between Litten, Popplio, or Rowlet.
2. Speak with the mods about legendary Pokemon, I will not be involved much with this, so if you'd like Mewtwo to appear then ask someone important.
3. All Z-Crystals must be recieved from a trial or Kahuna, there are 8 trails for 8 types: Steel, Fire, Grass, Water, Electric, Dark, Fairy, Dragon.
4. You must use this template for character creation:
Name:
Pokemon(if applicable):
Personality:
Appearance:
5. You may catch any Pokemon as long as it is not an Ultra Beast (DM me if you really want one), legendary, mythical, or Type: Null. Its is recommended to catch the 1st stage of the Pokemon, unless it's single, or second stage, like Farfetch'd or Mr. Mime.
6: Have fun. This is mandatory. If you have any problems with anyone, DM me, or a moderator.

Name: Professor Cherry
Pokemon(if applicable): Litten, Rowlet, Popplio, Aron, Charizard.
Personality: Brave, stands up for new trainers, hates Zigzagoon.
Appearance: White Professor Jacket, Black messy hair, white skin, White shorts, Black water shoes.

Professor Cherry waited in his lab, 3 trainers were about to arrive and take 3 starter pokemon. His assistant was out recording data on some of the new Pokemon that had been brought to the region by wild pokemon biologists. This happened almost every month. A few new species were brought over to different regions. The Aether foundation was partly responsible, because of them getting the Alolan government to pass the Wild Pokemon Anti-Extinction act. Now there were wild Charmander and normal Geodude roaming the region.

Last edited:

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Name: Josh
Pokemon: Rowlet
Personality: Kind and outgoing
Appearance: tall, skinny, blond hair, blue eyes, a black short sleeve shirt, cargo shorts and black shoes.

Josh entered the lab of Professor Cherry. Josh looked around the huge laboratory. “So where are the Pokemon? I want a Rowlet.” Josh said to Professor Cherry, hoping to get a Rowlet. Josh kept looking around hoping to find the Pokemon himself.

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
(I did not know of that rule, but the point of the coloring was because of the theme, blue. :?)

"Well let's not get too ahead of ourselves. What's your name?" Professor Cherry walked over to a small wooden table that had 3 Pokeballs on the table. "Just wanna know if you're one of the trainers who are supposed to arrive today." The Professor picked up a Pokeball, holding Rowlet within, and tossed it up in his hand.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
“Oh, I’m Josh, I’m pretty sure I’m one of the people.” Josh said. “So... while you check that list can I look at the Pokemon?” Josh asked, hoping to just take the Rowlet if he wasn’t on the list, even though he should, he was ten and his mother did say to go to the lab to get a starter.

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
"Hm.. Yeah, man, you're on the list, pick out a starter and he'll be your best friend for life! So be careful about who you choose, it might be one of your most important decisions!" He released all 3 Pokemon onto the table, they were confused, but then realized what was going on, one of them was going to get a trainer. They looked up at Josh and hoped they could get chosen.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
“I’m picking Rowlet, no way I wouldn’t.” Josh said. “Rowlet is the best starter Pokemon here in Alola, and I’m the one getting him.”. Josh smiled, thinking about other flying type Pokemon he would catch in the Alola region to be the flying type trainer he dreamed of.

Name: JC
Pokemon(if applicable): Umbreon(Blue)(F)(Shiny),Popplio(Delta)(F)(more will be added in the roleplay
Personality: Quite distant, Gentle, Strongwilled, Stragetic, Thinks before acting, Brave
Appearance: She has dark brown long hair pulled up in the ponytail with light blue eyes, right blind as her bang covers it. She is a light skinned young lady with a well feminine build and is 5'4 in height. She wears a black tank with a purple and black plaid shirt over it with shorts at the bottom. She wears bandages around her wrists and ankles with white open toed flat sandles as the straps are around her ankles securely. She weara glasses on her face with a silver-black cross necklace around her neck with a gold and black rubric cube attached to be belt. She wears a black hooded cape and white wolf blue streaked mask to hide her appearance.

She made her way to Professor Cherry's lab to chose her starter for the Alola region. She had already figured out who she wanted to pick so she won't be there for so long. She made her way inside as Blue her shiny Umbreon and partner walked beside her as she walked in. She had already saw a trainer inside choosing his starter Pokemon as she approached the professor. "I'm here to chose my starter for the Alola region, if I am not too late" she said in a calm voice.

Last edited:

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
"Oh you're not late.. You're JC aren't you? I remember seeing you on the application site. Yeah! You wanted a Popplio, right?" He picked up Popplio and walked over to JC. "She's a rare kind of Popplio, delta Popplio! Straight from Hoenn."

"Yes I am and a rare Popplio, just like Blue here? Only in color difference of course and speed" she gave a smile under her mask looking to the "Delta" Popplio. "I was actually going to name her Delta so I'll stick the nickname" she said grabbing the Popplio as she went to her shoulder. "Pop!"she smiled lifting her flipper up. "She'll be just fine with me thank you Professor, I just the Pokedex and I'll be on my way" she smiled gently under her mask as Blue smiled. "Umbre!" She looked to the Professor as she sat down giving a smile waging her glowing tail slightly fixing the flower on her right ear.-

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
"I guess no one is going to take a Litten?" The Professor asked. "If not, I'm gonna take him with me! Litten is my favorite Alolan starter."

Name: Samuel
Pokemon: Lillipup (F)
Personality: He's a bit cocky, and can definitely overestimate his skills, but when it comes down to an important, decisive battle, he takes it incredibly seriously.
Appearance: His hair is dark brown, he has hazel eyes, and he always seems to have an infectious smile on his face. He wears a long, blue jacket that reaches his knees. Underneath, he wears a simple grey t-shirt and green jeans.

Samuel rushed into the Pokemon Centre, and noticed that JC and Josh already had chosen their starters.
"Shoot. *pant* Sorry for being late! *pant* I had to watch an assembly about the importance of Z-moves or something like that." Samuel was obviously incredibly tired, as his skin was super red. He knelt to the floor as he clutched his chest as he had gotten a stitch in his chest from running across the island. He wasn't a very good runner.

Samuel took one good look at Litten and said: "Oh my gosh. I never realised I needed this in my life until right now. Come on, little guy!" Samuel held out his arms to let Litten leap into them. Litten hesitated at first, but then leaped right into his arms.
"Alright! My second Pokemon ever! Me and you, Litten, I think we're gonna go places!" Samuel cheered as he hugged the fire feline in his arms tight.

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
"Ah yeah! You've got a dog and a cat Pokemon! Both great compliments to each other! So, are you all going to take part in the island challenges?" The professor went over to a box full of pokedexes and handed them to the 3 trainers. "These are pokedexes, encyclopedias that record the data on all the pokemon you catch. So you need to catch lots of pokemon. The more pokemon you catch, the better you are as a trainer. If you fill up your pokedex, then you're a pokemon master! You'll need these though." The professor handed them 10 pokeballs each. "Throw these at a wild pokemon to catch them. Only wild pokemon though, don't steal."

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Josh picked up the Pokeball that held Rowlet in it and got the Pokedex and ten Pokeball’s from Professor Cherry. Josh started to think about what Pokemon he should catch first, of course it had to be a flying type because Josh wanted to a flying type only trainer.

She saw another boy named Josh run in as she just gave a smile as she took the Pokeball from Professor Cherry. "Thank you Professor, I should be on my way see you soon and good luck but I also have an idea on who I want to catch" she said. "Oh and take care boys, if you need help with anything feel free to find me if you can, come on Blue" she told the Shiny Umbreon returning Delta as she placed her in her belt before walking out. "Umbre!" Blue stood up saying goodbye to the Professor before she leaped out after her masked partner.

(So, can I join?)
Name: Max
Pokemon(if applicable): Vulpix (Vulpo) male
Personality: He's so shy, he only can talk when is frustrated or with his best friend
Appearance: He has a black T-shirt and a blue trousers. He wears a red cap and a green/white backpag. His hair is grey like his eyes, he has a pale skin and he doesn't like to stand out
Max entered running to the laboratory, exhausted. He didn't say nothing, he was so shy for that, so he just asked: "Are you professor? I-I'm Maximus, M-Max for friends. I want a Pokémon, my mother told you that at the last minute I think" Max was getting loose. He wants his first Alolan Pokémon because he was new in Alola.

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
The professor's assistant entered the lab. "There are no Pokemon left. I'm sorry, but you have to leave." She had an annoyed face on like she usually does. "Well, actually, if you want, I can give you a Stufful I have. She's very mean though, and she doesn't listen, so treat her with care." He went into the back of the lab, and came back into the room with a Pokeball that was wiggling around fiercely. "Your choice." The assistant went back into the lab's research room and did not come back out.

"And w-what about the Pokédex?" Max said "A-and the Pokéballs?" Max wasn't satisfied, but he had an idea. "Stufful, go out!" Max said while he threw the Pokéball "I think I'm gonna name you Rose, what do you think?" Stufful wasn't listening, but it seems that she was interested on that male Vulpix that was in Max's shoulder, Vulpo, that is to shy too.

Last edited:
(Consider me interested. I’m new to this site, so I don’t know if I’m doing this right, or if I’m approaching this RP correctly.)

Name: Destiny
Pokemon: Togepi (F) (Due to being only hatched from an egg recently, the Pokémon is still young and at the moment, unable to fight), Budew (F)
Personality: Is friendly and kind, but only to hide her sadness and lack of self-love. Is from Hearthome City, but due to better opportunities for becoming a trainer, she moved to Alola with her mom and dad, to Hau’oli City.
Appearance: Long Blonde Hair, Blue eyes, wears a light black jacket but doesn't use the sleeves, black tank top, shorts, sandals, and glasses to keep an innocent appeal.

—————————

Destiny hopped off a boat, a relief from the salty sea air.
“I’m so not used to this.” Destiny grumbled. She originated from Sinnoh, specifically Hearthome City, a place that isn’t near the sea, or any ocean for the matter.
Her mom looked at her, “Sweetie, if you want to explore around a bit, you can. You’re 15, and have your Togepi and Budew. Just meet us at the new house in Hau’oli City.” Destiny nodded. Her mom dragged her father away, who was busy observing the gorgeous scenery of the sun reflecting glamorously on the water, and the trees dancing in rhythm to the wind.
“I have to admit, it’s beautiful.” Destiny mumbled in awe. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her pokéballs. “Togepi, Budew, you’re going to love this!”
She pushed up her glasses and threw the pokéballs, in which Togepi and Budew popped out. The two Pokemon looked around, admiring the new area they were in.
“It’s gorgeous, right?” Destiny asked her Pokémon. The two nodded, looking ever so happy. Destiny thought to herself, “I wish I could be happy like them.”
She looked up, and proceeded to explore the area.

Name: Sarah
Pokemon(if applicable): Umbreon (female) Lopunny (Lola, Shiny, Female), Grumpig (Amethyst, Female), Togepi (female. Does not fight. She is more of a pokemon that comes with her.)
Personality: Sarah is very sweet. She loves to be with friends and explore new regions.
Appearance: Deep purple hair that comes to middle of her back. She has very pale skin and dark pink eyes. She stands at around 5'2" and is very petite. She tends to wear a black dress with a lace like overlay and three quarter sleeves. The dress come to just above the knee. She also wear high heels in dark purple. She is seen with a black smokey eye and a dark red lip.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah got off the plane and landed on the beautiful shores of the Alola region. She had just gotten here from Kanto. She spent time there with her grandmother.

With Togepi in her arms she decided to go to the Professor's lab and have her pokedex updated for this region. She walked in and looked around. It was pretty standard for a lab. Hopefully she doesn't run into any busybody assistants. "Hello. Professor, I am here to update my pokedex for the Alola region. We spoke over the video call. I am sorry I am a bit late. My plane did not leave at the intended time."

Destiny walked around. She observed the tropical environment carefully. She noticed what seemed to be a laboratory. "Hm?" She pushed up her glasses, "that is the Professor's Lab, right?" She looked down to her Pokemon. "Hey, I think you're going to need to go back to your Poke Balls." Her Togepi looked sad, but listened and let herself return to the Poke Ball. Budew noticed this, but saw a gorgeous flower, an 'Ohi'a lehua. Budew smiled, and began to observe the flower. "That's enough Budew, return." Destiny exclaimed, returning Budew to her Poke Ball. She looked down though. "It is a gorgeous plant." She nodded, taking a picture with her camera, and proceeding on to the lab.
She walked closer, and through the window, saw a shadow of a person. "Would that be, the professor I have been hearing about. Oh what's his name, Berry? No, no, it's Cherry. Maybe I should talk to him, maybe get my Sinnoh Pokedex updated to an Alola one. There's much to discover here, so it's worth a shot to ask." Destiny proceeded to the Lab.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Josh walked outside and breathed the fresh air. “Feels good to be outside.” Josh said “Now, how ‘bout you come out Rowlet?” he tossed the Pokeball in the air and in a flash of light Rowlet came out. “Row?” Rowlet twisted his head in confusion, then realized that he had a new trainer.

Max went outside with Vulpo in his right shoulder and Rose in his left shoulder, they seemed that they were talking to each other in Pokémon language. He saw a trainer with a Rowlet fluttering around him. He just did't want to walk alone, but neither talk to anyone, so he walk at him.

She had stop by the Pokemon center to get a gift from a mail person as she had gotten a Pokeball and when she let it out it was a Rockruff and apparently it was a special Rockruff that evolved into a Dusk Lycanroc. She named her Wolfa before returning her as she continued to walk to look for her next Pokemon. Blue walked beside her following her as she noticed the beach in view as she just admired it giving a smile.-

As she approached the lab, Destiny noticed tons of trainers pour out from the Lab, with Pokemon.
"Interesting. I'll take note of that, maybe I'll ask them to battle." She liked the idea, but dismissed it, "no, Togepi isn't suit for battle yet, and I haven't even got settled in. I'll save battling for later." She tried her best to avoid them, and went the long away around.
She stumbled into a patch of grass, where, to her surprise, a Yungoos popped out of the grass, growling at her. She stumbled back a bit, but regained her confidence, she made a smirk. Destiny pushed up her glasses, "Go, Budew!" She threw the Poke Ball.
"Bud, Budew!"
"Alright, show this pesky Pokemon fear! Use Mega Drain!" Destiny commanded the Budew.
"Budew!" Budew began to drain health away from the Yungoos. It was frightened, and scrambled back into the field once Budew finished using Mega Drain.
Destiny readjusted her jacket, and called back Budew. "It's too easy." She held Budews Poke Ball. "You did great, my friend." Her cocky smirk faded as she put back Budews Poke Ball into her bag, and proceeded forward. She looked back at the trainers hanging out with their Pokemon. She has never seen any of them. "It really is a big world, huh." She walked forward and opened the Lab door, entering.

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
Cherry rushed outside. "Hey, wait, you forgot to-" he bumped into two girls. "Oh, sorry, all the pokemon are gone, I might have some next month." He looked at the two girls. "I don't think I've seen you two before. I know everyone here. What region are you from?"

"Ow." Destiny grumbled. She looked up. "Oh wait! You're Cherry, right?" Destiny exclaimed. "Also, I already have Pokemon, so I wasn't here for that." She giggled. "Anyways, I moved here from Hearthome City in Sinnoh, the name is Destiny!" She adjusted her glasses. "I moved here to Alola with intentions of becoming a better trainer. Anyways, I wanted to see if I could get a new Pokedex, I don't think this Sinnoh one I got will do me any good in a new region."

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
"Ah yeah! This is the last pokedex you'll ever need! It's got all pokemon in it. Take one!" He holds out a global pokedex, the newest pokedex which updates itself if any new pokemon are discovered. "It's like a better regional dex. I'll give you some pokeballs too." He gives her 10 pokeballs.

"Thank you, Professor!" She takes the items and puts them in her bag. "I'm off to Hau'oli City, I just moved in. I'll catch you later!" Destiny speeds off.

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
The professor waved goodbye, then he looked at the other girl. "And what about you? What do you need? A pokedex? I have plenty, free of charge!"

Eris finally landed Pidgeot at the Pokémon Center, only a hop skip and a jump away from the lab she had read about. Now that she was in Alola, she would need to upgrade her Pokédex to include Alola Pokémon. In a stroke of luck, someone who appeared to be the Pokémon professor was already standing outside the lab, talking to a few other trainers.
“They seem busy.” Eris looked at the Totodile by her side, who chirped back. “Let’s make a pit stop at the Pokémart first.” She stepped though the sliding doors with her Pokémon waddling closely behind her.

She seemed to remember she didn't receive a Pokedex from the Professor. "Oh great have to go back..."she said sighing before turning back around as Blue followed. She passed a trainer with a Vulpix raising her hand up in hello to him before walking back to the lab. She quickly made her way back to Professor Cherry's lab seeing him outside. "Oh Professor um I need a Pokedex, I think you forgot to give us one"she told him giving a gentle smile to him as Blue seemed to admire Professor Cherry as she just smiled at him. "Have an admirer there Blue?" She added chuckling. "Umbre!("Yes I do JC!-") Blue said to her as her tail moved back and forth.

(Yes, JC can understand Pokemon language just to let you know)

Sarah looked to the Professor. He stopped her before she couls get inside. "Well I was going to say once I got inside was that we talked on the phone. My plane was a little late today so I was not able to get her with the other trainers. I don't need pokemon as you can see. All I really needed waa my pokedex updated. Though since you are offering the global pokedex I will be glad to take one." Sarah pulled out a light purple pokedex from the box. It seemed like the box contained many different colors of the latest model. "I also do not need pokeball at this given time. I have already journeyed other regions before. I just came by for the upgrading and as a promise to Professor Oak that I would uphold."

Before Sarah could walk away a girl with a shiny Umbreon walked up to them. After hearing what she needed ahe decided to save the girl some time. "He said the pokedexs are free. Anyone could take one. They are in this box. Feel free to get one." Sarah turned back to the Professor. "Thank you Professor Cherry. This pokedex will really help in my journey here." With that she walked out the door with togepi still in her arms. She loved carrying the baby egg pokemon. She is not going to let the little guy evolve. She loved her just the way she is.

Ten Pokeballs, two potions, and a Full Heal. Eris left the Pokemart with the bag over her shoulder feeling much heavier. She was ready to head over to the nearest route when she stopped in her tracks. “I almost forgot! The new Pokédex! Totodile, why didn’t you remind me?” The water type only smiled. Eris did a 180 towards the Pokémon lab, where the professor still stood. This time with a trainer and their shiny Umbreon.

Surprisingly, The Professor had been handing out the Pokedexes for free, as she soon found out. Eris gladly took one, as did two other trainers. Eris thanked the professor and took happily to the first route. Naturally, she headed for the tall grass first.

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
"Ah, nice to see tons of trainers looking to go on their own Pokemon adventures. Reminds me of myself when I was 10." He said to his assistant who picked up the empty box of pokedexes. "I don't like battling. It's a waste of my time. All these kids are just wasting their own time. It's such a shame." The assistant said this in a sarcastic tone.

"Well Linda you should know that it is not a waste of time if you enjoy what you are doing. Lets see you are making friends, meeting pokemon in many different places, and sometimes those trainers are there to help anyone in need. Besides most trainers start theur journey at ten. What is a ten year old supposed to do. Stay at home and shove their nose in a book. Not all Ten year old can do that. You want to be a reseacher right. Well they are supposed to be encouraging to other and inspire them to be better versions of themselves. I have two of my best friends on journey just like the one I am about to take here in Alola. You should know that I will be talking with Professor Oak and Rowen about this." With that she turned towards the other two trainers. "If you need to talk to a Professor let me know I will get you in touch with someone a lot more worthy of the title then this one and his so called assistant. I will be in the pokemon center talking with both Professors on the phone." With that she turned away and walked to the pokemon center. She will be talking with the professor now and tell him what had just happened. That guy was lucky it was her and a few other older trainers who heard him. The nerve of that guy.

She looked inside the box to see a Pokedex as she grabbed it them placed it away. "Thank you Professor, take care of yourself" she gave a gentle smile before walking off again as Blue followed. She had required before hand an Alola Vulpix named Winter which is resting in her belt with Wolfa her Rockruff. She headed back down to route she was in as she was going to train before she would go find Ilima and do his island challenge to receive the Normalium Z from the Totem Pokemon as she researched on it.-

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
The assistant scoffed at her. "Linda? My name is Maddie, and if you are gonna act like a brat, than I need to teach you a lesson!" Maddie sent out a Pichu and challenged Sarah to a battle. "Woah Woah, Maddie, calm down. You're not good at Pokemon battles." The professor laughed, and Maddie became even more angry. "Then this will be my best performance!"