• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Twisted Beige: Kanto journey with a twist! (Discussion)

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Basically, Gale has just flown off to confront Beige. She's an Enforcer commander responsible for rounding up traitors, should they manage to get to Celadon City. Since Chris was already waiting, I guess he's just waiting now again. But he can try and find Gale if he wants.

Just realised from rehearing everything through the audio Fanfiction Novels just posted-Crystal is the name of Sykes' dead partner. There could be a plot in the second volume where Sykes finds out Crystal is actually alive! Gold, Silver, Crystal and Lyra are the gen 2 main trainers there.

It's too bad that the "With a Twist" series can't be all in one thread. Can you imagine how many views and pages that would be if it was?
With the non-rp written 'works' there is an option to link works up together to make them into chapters or just a linked series. I wish we could do that for just the RPs. Instead, i'm going to just make seperate rp threads. I mean, we can have a general discussion for the whole series, but it wouldn't really be used that much.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I hope to god this actually doesn't turn out one of those RPs my team plans are ruined. I'm already horrified by the mention of Eevee and soothe bell in another post.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I've experienced many disturbing experiences when my pokemon are the same as others. Also I wanted an Umbreon so that's why

If it makes you feel any better, I, at least, have no intention of adding Umbreon to Hibiki's team.

EDIT: Also, I'm making conscious efforts to avoid picking pokemon that others have claimed, which is why Hibiki doesn't have an Electabuzz right now. If you want to pick up a pokemon when we are approaching an area where it's traditionally found, just put in a post.

I'll hopefully get a post up soon. It'll probably be on Jax adding the Growlithe and Poliwag to his team and what it will take to actually catch them.

Yo. I might as well say this here: Hibiki is not going to lure Beige into an ambush. As I wrote in the RP, he considers it dishonorable and deceptive, and plays things straight. If you want this plot point to go forward, you're probably gonna need to edit your post.

Yo. I might as well say this here: Hibiki is not going to lure Beige into an ambush. As I wrote in the RP, he considers it dishonorable and deceptive, and plays things straight. If you want this plot point to go forward, you're probably gonna need to edit your post.
I thought he said that he would be willing to do it if the Enforcers backed out? That's what he's doing, allowing Hibiki to go and investigate, while still having Enforcers ready should Beige escape. Also, Stephan is the leader of the Enforcers. That means he can punish Hibiki should he not do as he says. It's part of the laws Red set aside in Kanto.

Enforcer involvement isn't the issue. Hibiki understands that he, Gale, and Stephan will need Enforcer backup to take down a mass Rocket gathering, as they themselves probably won't be enough. The issue is that Stephan is asking Hibiki to abandon his moral principles and deceive Beige into a trap.

Stephan: Just you, alone, could go into those sewers after Beige and trick him somehow.
Hibiki: Don't ask me to partake in such underhanded tactics as luring Beige to his end. I'll be happy to assist you, but only if I'm allowed to play straight.
Stephan: Now, we just need to place him with Hibiki and it'll look like Hibiki's been invited to join Team Rocket. But he hasn't!
Hibiki: I am NOT going to pretend like I'm trying to accept a Rocket invitation. It's dishonorable, and that's not how I roll.
Stephan: We'll be waiting here. Just lure him out, that's the plan.

See what I mean? Basically, Hibiki's alignment is Neutral Good, which means he believes in defeating evil in an honorable, no-luring, no-trickery, no-guile, no-deceit way. Perhaps Stephan is of the mindset that "the ends justify the means," which is why he can't understand Hibiki's continual hesitation, but . . . in your post, Stephan's gonna have to make up his mind whether to play things straight with Hibiki, do the operation without his help, or try arresting him for defying orders. Hibiki's drawn a line in the sand, and he ain't crossin' it.

Enforcer involvement isn't the issue. Hibiki understands that he, Gale, and Stephan will need Enforcer backup to take down a mass Rocket gathering, as they themselves probably won't be enough. The issue is that Stephan is asking Hibiki to abandon his moral principles and deceive Beige into a trap.

Stephan: Just you, alone, could go into those sewers after Beige and trick him somehow.

Stephan: Now, we just need to place him with Hibiki and it'll look like Hibiki's been invited to join Team Rocket. But he hasn't!

Stephan: We'll be waiting here. Just lure him out, that's the plan.

See what I mean? Basically, Hibiki's alignment is Neutral Good, which means he believes in defeating evil in an honorable, no-luring, no-trickery, no-guile, no-deceit way. Perhaps Stephan is of the mindset that "the ends justify the means," which is why he can't understand Hibiki's continual hesitation, but . . . in your post, Stephan's gonna have to make up his mind whether to play things straight with Hibiki, do the operation without his help, or try arresting him for defying orders. Hibiki's drawn a line in the sand, and he ain't crossin' it.
Okay, so Hibiki should just go into the sewers and deciede for himself whether he wants to do this and he should go into the Team Rocket area asking to join. Then he should deciede from then onwards what to do while the Enforcers monitor him using some kind of equipment.

The way I see it, is that Hibiki could go into the sewers with the mindset of capturing Beige himself or letting him escape to stay with Gold's request claiming that Beige defeated him or caught on.

Sorry for not responding. RL has been hectic. Hopefully I'll get a wall of text out soon.

The way I see it, is that Hibiki could go into the sewers with the mindset of capturing Beige himself or letting him escape to stay with Gold's request claiming that Beige defeated him or caught on.

Sorry for not responding. RL has been hectic. Hopefully I'll get a wall of text out soon.
Yes that is what I was thinking. He doesn't actually have to follow instructions from when he gets into the sewers. He could give it his own swing from there.

Alright. I'm done being lazy. Audiobook production continues now. In that vein of thought, I'd like to ask: are we continuing? We've been on break for a week now, and remember, a roleplay is like an airplane: it needs constant momentum to stay adrift. I've seen it before: after one big break, the gaps become more and more frequent, until at last the story becomes a burden on all participants.

How do we choose to approach Twisted Beige? I ultimately don't want to leave it unfinished. I saw its potential from the first, and it's been great for the six pages we've been through.

Quick note about my last post. With the Beedrill, I wouldn’t really mind what Gale decided to do with it. Jax’s trying to get on the Enforcers good side, with a gift of sorts for Gale. I kinda want to see him end up as a Enforcer like force. So there’s like a terrorist, a kid who has connections, and a kid who plans to betray where everyone thinks he stands. In my head it would be an interesting character group.

Quick note about my last post. With the Beedrill, I wouldn’t really mind what Gale decided to do with it. Jax’s trying to get on the Enforcers good side, with a gift of sorts for Gale. I kinda want to see him end up as a Enforcer like force. So there’s like a terrorist, a kid who has connections, and a kid who plans to betray where everyone thinks he stands. In my head it would be an interesting character group.
Okay that sounds good! I plan on sacking off Beige's Beedrill. He probably won't have time to come back and get him as he is lying down in the middle of a skyscraper, having recoiled back after Gale's attacks. And so he would actually die. And Beige would accept this.

Okay, so I can't do a time skip now. I need to get the situation with Team Rocket done. I have an important plot detail to do. Don't move any of your characters from Celadon if they are in it now.