• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon, Travels in the Alola Region!

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Please ask to join here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-travels-in-the-alola-region-registration.19995/
Start of RP:
Gavin hopped up out of his bed, and quickly grabbed his stuff, he dressed in a hurry, and checked the time, it was only 6:12, but he was ready as ever. He picked up the air horn he had bought the other day and grinned evilly, he walked downstairs, into the center of the house, and pressed as hard as he could on the trigger to the air horn, it sounded like doomsday almighty, as Gavin doubled over, laughing, he heard shouts of anger from the house, Gavin sat back upright, and walked to get some breakfast.

A short boy walked up the hills of route 1, he had short blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing an alolan blue shirt and dark blue shorts, on his shoulder was his pokemon, espurr, "So today is the day we start our journey huh?" he said, espurr purred back happily, "We`ll travel all around alola and see all the great places it has to offer, it`s already so different to back at home in Kalos," he added, up ahead he saw a sign reading "Iki Town." "Well here we are I guess," he said walking up the wooden stairs into the small town.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Gavin ran out the door, and into the opening where he would choose his starter and compete in the Island Tournament, if he had time. He saw Professor Kukui and Hala discussing something, Kukui was often here, either studying the Ruins of Life or handing out Starter Pokemon.

The young boy walked up the steps, "It all starts here!" he said getting exited, his espurr purring again, he looked around the town, seeing Hala and professor Kukui talking, as well as another person running out the door of a house, "Hey I`m Sol!" he said running over to him as espurr held on to his shoulder tightly as to not fall off.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
He waved to the boy who had introduced himself.
"My sister should be outside in a little bit, but anyways, I'm Ray, what's your name?" Ray asked, making a somewhat noticeable glance back at the house.

Roxi rushed out the front door, with eevee at her heels. "Sorry I'm late big brother. Who's this?" said Roxi,and she pointed at trainer next to him. "Is he your friend?" asked Roxi.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Ray looked at Roxi, she seemed pretty ready to go.
"Actually, that's what I'm asking right now," Ray said, looking at Eevee "So, you have any idea what Pokemon you want to choose?" He asked

Darren quietly walked down the road of route 1 as he made his way over to Iki town. He kept his hood up despite the gorgeous sunny day and smiled lightly as he passed a few Pokémon, speaking of which, he was being tailed by what appeared to be a Bagon which Darren looked back to. "Not long now Bagon, we'll collect our starter from the old man and then we can start our journey. Then we'll be as strong as we can be and help you fulfill your dream of flying." Darren said as he went to pick up Bagon who cheered lightly.

Once he arrived at were he was to collect his starter, he noticed he wasn't alone as the area was accompanied by three people who had the same plan as him. "Crap! I hope I'm not too late." He thought as he walked faster and looked to see what starter was left. "Dammit, I'm guessing you with the Espurr are gonna go for the Litten given that you were here before me?" He asked Sol bluntly.

"My name is Sol," the boy said, "I`m from the kalos region" he added. "This is espurr," he said looking at the espurr sitting on his shoulder, "Purrhhh," it said smiling at the two of them closing it`s eyes, "So what`s your name?" Sol asked looking back to Roxi. He then looked back at Darren, "Hi!" he said, "I have no idea what I`m going to take, or if I`m getting a starter at all, I`ve only just heard about them." he added.

Last edited:
Kathrine was just outside of Iki town on route 1,she was mostly there to practice for a contest, but she still made time to sit down and talk to her Pokémon as well. She then looked over at her Oshawott and patted him on the head “I hope we do our best there Dover.” She said,giving him a soft smile soon after as well.

Darren turned his head to Sol, his eyes slightly visible under the shade of his hood. "Look man, I don't mean to rush you or anything, but I just wanna get on my journey ASAP. Unless you plan on taking the Fire starter, Litten with you, I may have to wait until later to receive my starter." He said as he folded his arms, Bagon appeared from behind him and gave the Espurr a friendly wave. He didn't notice the Litten slowly approach him.

Last edited:
Sol was slightly pushed aback by the nature of Darren, "Sure, you go ahead and take it, " he said, espurr happily waving back to the bagon, it then saw the litten approaching them, diverting its attention to and then waving at it, "Puurrrhhh," the espurr purred happily to its fellow feline pokemon.

Last edited:
"Thanks." Darren said as he looked down and noticed Litten nuzzling his leg, as he wen to kneel down and pet his new Pokémon, he flinched lightly at the squeal and looked up to the girl who was celebrating her shiny starter Pokémon. "Geez, calm down will you? Sure it's a shiny but it's not a reason to scream your lungs out over it." He said as he picked up Litten and Bagon jumped on to hang on Darren's shoulder, lightly waving in greeting to Litten and vice versa.

Darren raised an eyebrow, he was confused as to what Roxi was saying about 'pushing Litten away' when all he did was pick him up. "What do you mean pushing it away? All I'm doing is holding my new Pokémon; don't see the problem there." Darren responded bluntly as Bagon growled back at Cascade.

Roxi sighed and crossed her arms. "Look, I'm sorry about that. It's just that i'm kinda sensitive when it comes to this, and i thought you were pushing the pokemon away." finished Roxi. She then walked away but was stopped by a man who said, "Oh man! It's really you!" Roxi looked
flustered, and nodded, hoping her brother didn't see this. "Uh yes. What do you need?" said Roxi. "Can I have your autograph?" said the man. " Roxi then nodded and signed the paper, then walked over to her brother, still kinda flustered.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
Ray stepped toward Rowlet, oblivious of what was happening, and it softly hooted, jumping into Ray's arms.
"Hooter, for sure," Ray said, stroking the Rowlet, he looked over at the people that had just arrived, and waved.
"Heya', m'names Ray." He said, holding his hand out as a greeting towards Darren.

Roxi ran up to ray, and a little girl followed her. "Hello miss Roxi! Can I have a autograph?" said the little girl. Roxi looked at Ray then the little girl. "Sure, why not?'' said Roxi. Roxi signed the girl's paper, and little girl smiled. "I hope I can be like you when I grow up!" said the girl, running away. Roxi waved at the girl and smiled.

Darren turned his eyes to Ray and scoffed lightly. "Darren." He said concisely, his Bagon waved lightly at Ray whilst Litten shared Darren's blunt consistency. "What do you want?" He added as he kept his hood up. He turned his eyes to Ray and wondered what made her popular, this confusion made him raise an eyebrow, but he decided to keep quiet as her stories didn't matter to him, what mattered was starting his journey.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
"Look, Darren," Ray was getting pretty mad, he'd been scoffed at, then asked what he wanted "I don't like that attitude, and it won't get'cha much anywhere, so I'll teach you a lesson!" Ray shouted, he was livid by now, he threw Rowlet's Pokeball, indicating a Pokemon Battle.

Darren's eyes widened lightly at being challenged and slowly showed a small smile. "A battle? It's been a while since I had one of those and I would like every opportunity to help my friends get stronger. Very well, I'll battle you with Litten as using my Bagon here would be too easy for me, you don't mind, do you Bagon?" Darren asked. Bagon responded with a nod as Darren walked a few feet away from Ray until their space was wide enough for a battle, he then let Litten out of his arms who ran away from Darren a little and assumed a battle stance.

Roxi had seen all this commotion and stepped in the middle. "You both need to chill. Why not I battle him?" said Roxi. Roxi glared at her brother then Darren. "And you," said Roxi, pointing at Ray. "Have to control your temper." said Roxi. She turned back to Darren and said, "Battle me. Just because i'm a girl doesn't mean i'm weak." said Roxi calmly but firmly.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
"Roxi, you wouldn't know what you were doing, and back off, I know what I'm doing."
He looked at Darren
"Too easy? Do you think you're some Steven Stone? I'll show you what it means to lose! Rowlet! Leafage!" Ray commanded

Roxi looked offended. "What do you mean I don't know what I'm doing?" said Roxi, clearly angry. Roxi walked away and up to the ruins of life. I'll show him. Roxi thought as she crossed the unstable bridge. Roxi took a few steps foward and the unthinkable happened.

The bridge broke, and Roxi came down with the bridge.

Last edited:
Darren put his hands in his pockets as he watched Rowlet's attack and movements. "Dodge it, then get up close and use Scratch." Darren commanded. Litten managed to dodge all except one of the Leafage projectiles and darted toward Rowlet, once close enough, he got out his paw which started to show claws in an attempt to land a hit on Rowlet.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
(Actually, can you edit that to the Ruins of Life? We're on Melemele Island.)
Ray cussed, he stopped the battle and ran to Roxi.
He cussed again, he'd need a Bulbasaur or a flying Pokemon for this, he charged toward Kukui, swiped the Toucan non, and threw it's Pokeball.
"Toucannon! Fly!" He ordered, he prayed he was in time, he watched as it swooped, but the must from the falls enveloped it, and he could no longer see it.

Toucannon soared but lost sight of Roxi. Then a yellow figure scooped up Roxi and put her down gently. "Thank you so much Tapu Koko." said Roxi. Tapu Koko nodded, then soared away. Roxi then looked at Ray and said, "Oh you care about me enough to rescue me." scoffed Roxi. Roxi then stood up and something came out of her backpack. It was a silver crown. Roxi didn't notice this and saw a sparkling substance. She picked it up and put it in her bag.

Darren ran after Ray as he heard the bridge snap which caused Roxi to fall off, his Pokémon ran after him. He watched as Toucannon flew down to save her, his face showed a clear sign of concern, after what seemed like ages, he saw a yellow figure swoop down and save Roxi which made his eyes widen. "They really need to sort out that bridge; Are you alright?" He asked.

Roxi looked at Darren. "I guess i'm fine." said Roxi. Roxi would have preffered shouting at him, but the look on his face made her not shout. Roxi examined the stone, still not noticing the crown that fell out.

Darren slightly shifted his gaze to the crown on the ground. "Hey, I think you dropped your tiara or whatever behind you." He said as he lightly pointed to it and Litten walked up to the crown to get a good observation of it, Bagon on the other hand remained on Darren's shoulder yet also looked at the strange crown. "Kind of a pricy thing for her to be carrying, is she rich or something?" He thought to himself.

Roxi looked flustered. "Actually, I didn't buy this." said Roxi calmly. "I won the crown in the master class, when I beat Aria the Kalos Queen.." said Roxi softly, and smiling. She put the tiara in her bag and smiled. A rustle was heard in the corner, and Roxi went to investigate. "What's this? An egg?" Roxi picked the egg up and held it. "I wonder where the mom is..." said Roxi, looking around.

Darren raised an eyebrow at her mention of the word 'Queen' but brushed it off, he didn't know why he was finding Roxi interesting when he barely gave a damn about anyone else. He turned to her direction when she found an egg. "That's strange, not everyday you see a Pokémon egg like that, and the fact it's unguarded must mean it's been either abandoned or the parent is of doing something and thinking it's in safe hands; either way I think you should give it time before deciding on keeping or leaving it. Then the egg is safe for the time being." He suggested.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
"You never told me you did Contest!" Ray yelled, how could they have been stuck in Kalos for two whole years, and he not know of her Contest, then again, he had been out working with Calem to stop Team Flare.
"Oh, I wasn't there..." He said, grinning, it had been the best two years of his life
Sure, he had done contest back in Hoenn when he was six, she had been five at the time, but he never made it past some dude named Brendan. His Marshtomp had skills, but he never gave up, and nothing came out of it, so he learned his limits, and here he was today. He looked at Evo, and then Rocky, he could've sworn he picked up Evo and Rocky on his way out. He shrugged, Roxi could have Evo, he would catch a Grubbin later on.

Roxi laughed a bit and looked at Ray. "First of all, I did contests but its performances." The egg started twitching in her arms, and Roxi panicked. "W-what do I do?" said Roxi, running back and forth. "The egg is glowing!" Roxi went into full-on panic mode, and sat on the ground. "Maybe it's about to hatch?" said Roxi. She sat down and tried to keep the egg warm. Cascade and eevee helped. Roxi was excited as heck. The egg started to move more....

Darren lightly took a step back and put his hood down which revealed his smooth black hair. "This could be a great opportunity for you, Roxi. Who knows what Pokémon will appear from that egg, if you're lucky it'll be a good one." He said as he put his hands in his pockets, Litten returned to his trainer's side, watching the newly born Pokémon emerge from the egg.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
The egg's hatching reminded Ray of when Evo hatched, that was probably why it was so keen to help. Ray stared at the egg, then the Sparkling Stone, he saw the odd pattern that looked like a Z, and realized what it meant.
"Hey, Roxi, you mind if I see that rock?" He asked, digging through his stuff to get the broken bands of his old Mega Bracelet, which no longer worked as a result of the explosion the Secret Weapon caused. He also pulled out a hammer and screwdriver, the process of creating a Z-Ring was a long one, but Ray had his ways of doing it slightly faster.

An alolan vulpix hatched out of the egg, and Roxi was hyped. "It's so cute!" said Roxi, holding the little pokemon. The vulpix got scared and sent a chilling powder snow towards Roxi, freezing her hands. "It's so cold..." said Roxi, trying to melt the ice. Vulpix then saw Darren, and froze him too. "No vulpix!" said Roxi.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
"This is why you don't pick up newly hatched Pokemon, Roxi." Ray said, casually dodging a beam of ice.
Ray picked up his Bag and fished out a Pokeball, and threw it at Vulpix, he could tell Roxi wanted it, but he had been known as 'the catcher' back in Hoenn.
One shake, good.
Second shake, closer
Third shake, catch
He tossed the Pokeball to Roxi, then had Rocky use Tackle to break the ice by force.