• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Poke'mon Toxic Challenge!

The Poke'mon Toxic Challenge

Rule 1
If a Poke'mon faints, it is treated as dead, and can no longer be used.

Rule 2
You can only train Poke'mon of your starter's type.
Examples:
Charmander- Can train Fire and/or Flying types
Bulbasaur- Can train Grass and/or Poison types
Piplup- Can train Water and/or Steel types
Exeptions include HM Slaves and Shiny Poke'mon.

Rule 3
You must toss or sell the following items if they are obtained:
Antidote, Master Ball, EXP. Share, Lucky Egg, and Rare Candy

Rule 4
You must battle every Trainer and cannot run from wild Poke'mon.

I wish you more luck than I had.

Troubleshooting

Question: What happens If I white/black out?
Answer: You must take the last Poke'mon killed and go to the nearest route. Enter the grass/water/cave and encounter a Poke'mon. You must immediately throw a Poke' Ball, of any form. If it fails, run away and attempt to capture a new Poke'mon. If it succeeds, this Poke'mon is treated as your new starter, and you can only train Poke'mon of it's type. You can only use Poke'mon in the PC box if they fall into these perameters.

Q: What do I do with gift Poke'mon?
A: If it's one of the types of your starter, it can be trained. if not, it must be stored and cannot be used.

I can adress later questions in later posts.

-Toxic881

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Re: Pokémon Toxic Challenge!

I actually quite like this idea.

Want to make it ridiculously hard for yourself? Try this with Pokemon Yellow.

Pikachu, Jolteon, Magneton and Electrode sounds like a fun team when you play against Giovanni.

If you even get that far.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member

LoN said:
If you even get that far.

Giovanni should be the least of your worries considering you have to fight Brock with only Pikachu.

Also you forgot Zapdos, who is effectively the only reprieve you'd get from this hell.

When I first read this, I immediately said I'd get the water type (particularly Piplup)...but considering how long it takes to get another besides your starter, maybe not. But otherwise this sounds fun.

Question though, can you train a Pokemon that will later evolve to have your starter's type? For example if you have Empoleon, could you train a Riolu?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four

I think that's the logical assumption Carmen since Lucario is half Steel. I would also imagine Onix is fair game as long as you evolve it to Steelix the moment you get a Metal Coat.

In response to Carmen, yes, you can.
Example, In my LeafGreen run, I replaced my starter after a whiteout with Pidgey, but trained a Metapod, knowing it evolved into Butterfree. Of course, this file ended in the worst possible case scenario, but the point still stands...

-Toxic881