• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Tournament - Glory Stars Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day folks, and welcome to this here RP discussion thread. This is basically a simple tournament style RP to blow off any battling steam you guys may have pent up over the Summer. I also want to try integrating chat-based RPs and classic forum RPs as a casual experiment. Which means while the majority of RPing will take place on the forum, we'll move things to the chat for battles, or group gatherings should the need for them appear. So without further ado, here's the basic guidelines and requirements

Plot

Background: The Glory Stars Cup is a new tournament created and sponsored by Silph Co. as part of their marketing scheme for their new brand of pokeballs and their eventual partnership in the Kalos Region (this is the only mention of Gen VI, so no rule bending there). Saffron's local government also hopes to one day compete with Driftveil as a global hotspot for pokemon tournaments, but that's a ways off yet.

Setup: A simple knockout tournament, the first two rounds consist of contestants being paired up, a different partner for each round, to compete in a tag battle. The following round is a head-to-head triple battle, the one after being a double battle, and for the quarter finals onwards, is a six team single battle, to see who comes out on top. Winner earns a large supply of pokeballs, new brand included. As well as an extra special prize for the winner and runner ups.

Requirements
  • A brain
    Full understanding of basic PRP rules
    Reasonable understanding of Charms Chat
    Snacks

So yeah, there are no population rules, so it's a drop-in, drop-out style game that is likely to get very chaotic, hold on to your hat! This should however keep it flexible enough for those that don't have much Summertime. Make it clear if you do decide to drop out however, as it sucks when people have to wait on you, and you'll feel less guilty if you do.

Anyway, hoping to have the first main post out after the weekend. If you want to express interest in this in the meantime, or have some ingenious idea to toss in, then do so just below.

Battles are primarily decided by the participants of the battle. If you're against an NPC, then you're going to win unless you really want to go home. With two active participants however, they can either agree on an ultimate winner, or have other people rate their battle and decide who should be the winner. That does take some effort though to rally everyone for it. For now though, that's the way I want to try, if I think of a better way to govern battles, I'll say so right here.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Count me in too Brendan. I do have one question though regarding the use of Chat RPing: How will we make arrangements for people to get together on Chat? We have people from all over the world where some may not be active online the same time as everyone else either because of work or it's 3am and they're already asleep or some other reason.

First off, yes I am lazy. But I'm also too creative for my own good, so I ended up redoing most of my post after I almost finished it. That is why we haven't started yet. I'll get it up when I get it up, tomorrow or later.

And PM. Although everybody is always on at different times, I've noticed the biggest concentration of folks between 6-9GMT, so that would be a safe time to try and organise. I can't speak for everyone in chat though, and maybe nobody else in this RP can go on at all around that time, so it's simply a matter of finding flexible hours. In the event of a battle, feel free to organise your own times in this thread.

Whew, finally had the internet to say this. Post has been sitting around for a week while I've been on my own adventures. Anyway, first post is up so get your butts moving. I'll be semi-inactive for another week though mind you, so just at least get your intro posts out of the way and we can work from there.

Er, uh, hello there. I know this is already started, but I am interested in this. I've never done a PRP or any RP at all, but this sound pretty cool.

Read every post in a thread before asking stupid question, ESPECIALLY when your question was answered shortly ago.
So can I join? And can we start? Double Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.