• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Themed StreetPass Game Revealed For Japan

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
corocoro6142.jpg
The last of the leaks from this month's edition of CoroCoro have come in and revealed a special Pokémon themed StreetPass game coming to 3DS owners in Japan. The game, going by the name of The Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon, will be released for free through the 3DS' eShop on the 4th of June for a limited time.

The aim of this StreetPass game is to collect as many Pokémon as you can through StreetPass, who can then help you battle the thieves. The result of battles will be dependant on how many Pokémon you've collected.

The game is being released to tie in with the release of the 17th Pokémon movie in Japan and will feature a couple of main characters from the film. CoroCoro states that the game will offer a special downloadable Pikachu, but no more details about the Pokémon are known.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It sounds rather cute but, realistically, what's the chance that it will actually release outside of Japan? Have we received every StreetPass/SpotPass-related Pokemon release that Japan has received or are there some that have skipped us?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It sounds rather cute but, realistically, what's the chance that it will actually release outside of Japan? Have we received every StreetPass/SpotPass-related Pokemon release that Japan has received or are there some that have skipped us?

Chances are, because it is linked to the movie, we might not get it. At the same time this is the first time (that I remember), that Japan have gotten a StreetPass Pokémon themed game, so we'll see what happens. :)

YueliaBreeze

Formerly Midnight Midna, MoonSnow
This game when i see it kinda reminds of paper mario i have no clue why but it just does i dunno if it was done with the same makers of paper mario but it feels like it...