• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: The Regional League

She made her way to the Pokemon center to heal up due to the test battle with Bellamy. She made her way inside before seeing the same contestants at in the league but also saw a girl with a Bulbasaur and a Mudkip trying to interact with it. She gave a gentle smile to herself before walking over to the counter. She placed all five Luxury balls on the tray before picking Blue up and placed her just next to them. "I'll be right here Blue, so don't worry" she told her as Blue smiled before she was pushed inside the back room with Nurse joy. She walked over to lean against the wall pulling out a Z-bracelet and placed it on her wrist before starting to clean it up

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
Nick saw and heard the girl with the Bulbasaur say hello to him. “Hey,” He responded. “Sorry for staring I just heard the person talking to you in the call say Champion and it go my attention.” He then smiled a bit and waited for a response.

FrostyTheBean

Previously Snowy_Boi
Nate looked at Nick's text and booked it to the Pokemon Center. When he got to the Center he looked for Nick. He looked for Nick and saw him in a conversation so he waited for him to finish his chat. He looked at the Regional League website and saw that the bracket for the league was made. He saw he'd be fighting someone named Aleah. He then noticed something unusual. Two people were already in the semifinals. He then researched a bit and found out that they were in the semifinals since they were region champs. "Ugh, that reminds me I lost to Nick when I was trying to become champion a few years ago." He then realized if he got all the way to the semifinals he'd be facing someone named JC who was the Alolan Champ. He then realized if he won the semifinals he'd have a chance to fight Nick. "Cool," He said.

Aleah stood up from her chill and returned her Pokemon. She stood up and saw a bunch of strangers talking. She walked up to one and asked what was going on. The stranger replied saying "Did you hear that there are 2 champions competing in the League. Even crazier they got a free pass to the semifinals!" Aleah smirked and said, "Well, that just means they could be weak and just get to move to the semifinals because the judges felt pity for them." Aleah laughed and said, "I'm just joking I'm sure they're strong and I have a lot of respect for them!" She then walked off.

She saw Nurse Joy return with Blue and her party members as she grabbed all five Luxury balls as she made them smaller before hiding them back into her hooded cape. She saw Blue leap on her shoulder giving a smile to her. "All better now Blue" she asked the shiny Umbreon. "Umbre! (Indeed I am JC so let's fight our best in the semifinals to whoever advances to challenge you and I know you won't go easy on them") Blue said as she only understood her. "Indeed I won't hehe now let's hear back to the room we have a big day tomorrow" she told her before walking off going out of sight from the other trainers.

As she waited for a response from the girl with the Mudkip, Victoria heard the boy who was staring at her greet her and confirm that he indeed heard the conversation she had with her mother. "Oh, that was my mother. She was just giving me some details about the Regional League as well as informing me that two region Champions were going to make their appearances," she said, having no idea that the boy she's talking to was one of the Champions, "Sounds like there's going to be some tough competition."

"He's mine." Ariana responded, "Hi, I'm Ariana Montgomery, probably the weakest trainer here, my fiance has a Pokemon that could probably go toe on toe with the champion's Pokemon, in a one on one situation."

Firey took Ariana's hand as Sharp (Absol), walked up beside Ariana.

"Mudkip is one of the sweetest Pokemon I know." Firey explained, "If Ariana's hurt, he will be one of the scariest Pokemon I have ever seen."

Blue_Flash4

Nick not revealing he was a champion responded to the girl saying “Hehe yeah, indeed there will be.” He then saw Nate in the back and gave him a ‘Wait a minute’ hand gesture. Nick then felt a vibration in his pocket and pulled out his phone and saw a message from Cooper that said ‘where are you?’ He responded saying ‘I’m at the Pokémon center’

"Pleasure to meet you," Victoria said to the girl who introduced herself as Ariana and tipped her fedora, "My name is Victoria Melis, and I'm from Lumiose City in Kalos. Sounds like he has quite a strong Pokémon. And if it makes you feel better, I don't feel too confident either." She saw another male approach them and hold Ariana's hand, which Victoria assumed was her fiancé. "He sounds like a great Pokémon to have around," she replied to Ariana's fiancé after hearing about Mudkip, "Are you both of you competing?"

Blue_Flash4

Nick not wanting to intrude Victoria, Ariana, and the other person’s conversation just got up from his seat and snuck behind them to go talk to Nate. “Hey man.” Nick said as he fist bumped Nate. He then smiled and said “It’s been awhile, how’ve you been? I heard you’ve been helping at your Grandfather’s lab is that true?”

"This Pokemon is something else, I've fought it before, once in official tournament, it wiped four of my Pokemon, including a Hydreigon and a Houndoom." Ariana responded, "Yes, we both are competing."

Firey explained, "It wiped half my team trying to catch it."

Ariana squeezed his hand slightly, as a tear hung in her eye.

After a brief period a Chansey brought back a cart with three separate trays of Pokéballs, an ecstatic Sylveon jumping around for joy on top of the cart and a Lucario walking calmly beside the Chansey.

Ani, Celeste, and Ceres too their respective Pokéballs and replaced them where they kept them. “Thank you Chansey, you know you’re the best, yea?” Ceres smiled at the egg Pokémon. Whisper came out of her Pokéball and curled up on a seat on couch next to the table.

Ani raised her teacup to the Chansey in appreciation. And Celeste nodded at the Chansey.

“Chansey!” the Chansey bowed and left.

Lucas took an empty seat next to Celeste while Sylvia leapt onto her lap with one of her ribbons wrapped around Celeste’s arm. “Hey, I think that girl over there is your opponent, overheard her introduce herself as Ariana, and the girl with the Bulbasaur is from Lumisoe City.” Celeste nodded towards Ariana’s direction.

Ani turned her head around to look at her, she was in conversation with the nervous girl, but now she seemed much more relaxed. “Of course she is! Look how styling she’s dressed. Lumisoe City is pretty much the best city ever.” Ani gestured to herself, “Look at me, everyone from Lumisoe are always dripping in style.” She looked closer at Ariana Can’t wait, I’m always down for a good battle.” Ani said and took a sip from her cup of tea. Just then a flash of light erupted from inside her dress from between her bosom and a shiny Gengar appeared next to her.

“GenGAR!” he grinned and turned around to look at Ariana.

“Checking out your competition eh Gheist?” Ani giggled, “Sorry sweetie, but she doesn’t seem to be the type to have her Pokémon out normally… and don’t you dare go hypnotizing her so she lets them out.”

Gheist’s excitement seemed to have died down hearing Ani’s words, he floated into the air and began lazily drifting around in the air above the table. Sylvia stared at the ghost with a playful expression. Noticing this, Gheist floated back down and through the table so only his eyes and the top of his head appeared through the table. The two of them began making funny faces at one another and laughed. Whisper raised her head from her resting position and watched the two, and Lucas laughed along.

“It’s astonishing how well Sylvia gets along with all our Pokémon.” Ceres commented glancing over at man they had passed earlier now talking to who she assumed was his friend.

"Aww, how romantic," Victoria said after hearing that both were competing, "Sounds like it was a really hard catch. I've definitely had my fair share of having difficulty catching a Pokémon." She then noticed the tear hanging from Ariana's eye. "A-Are you alright?" She asked with a bit of a concerned tone, "Did I say something wrong?"

FrostyTheBean

Previously Snowy_Boi
Nate accepted Nick's fist bump and said "It's been good, my grandfather gets a lot more business than I expected." He then pulled out a Pokeball from his pocket and said "Wanna rematch? It's been years since we last fought, I think our last fight was at the Indigo League Finals, remember when you became Champion."

Blue_Flash4

“Yeah,” He said. As he walked out of the Pokémon Center to an open field. As he waited for Nate he sent out his Blastoise and heard a bunch of people start whispering “Is that the Kanto Champion?” He heard one say. “That’s his Blastoise.” Another one said. He didn’t pay any attention to the people talking he just waited for Nate.

Meanwhile, Cooper was running to the Pokémon Center as he was running he noticed a girl walking off from a group of people talking about semifinals and champions. He then unfocused ran into the girl. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” He said as he helped the girl up. He felt like he had seen her before in Hoenn but he wasn’t sure.

She was in one of the rooms just getting comfortable before walking out of the room. She was a bit hungry and Blue thought the same as her. She walked down the hall before appearing at the entrance of the Pokemon center hearing a lot of trainers talking about the semifinals and the champions. She didn't blame them about talking about the semifinals since she was a champion herself but from Alola. She gave a slight smile before walking out of the Pokemon center to grab a bite as Blue followed thinking about sweet Pokepuffs as she smiled to herself.

FrostyTheBean

Previously Snowy_Boi
Nate followed Nick outside and sent out his Venusaur. "Alright you get the first move, let's get this battle started!"

Aleah was walking and then got ran into and she fell and got helped back up. "It's fine." She said as she looked up at who ran into her and helped her up. "Cooper?" She asked.

"No, I'm just remembering my twin brother." Ariana responded, "He died three years ago."

Ariana burst into tears as Firey let go of her hand and wrapped it around her waist.

"She still has the trauma from it, and has developed a somewhat paralyzing fear of Totodiles due to his death." Firey explained, "She saw what happened, I was too late."

"Oh my gosh..." Victoria said, a bit shocked after hearing it as she was not expecting something like that to come out, "I-I'm so sorry about your loss... That must've been horrible to witness."

Bulbasaur looked up at Ariana and slowly approached her. He then used his Vine Whip to wipe away some of the tears that were falling from her eyes.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Bellamy and Ariah made there way into the pokemon center, Ren and Aeris, now awake, were still perched on Bellamy's shoulders, Ginger was on Jade's back again and Jade was walking along side Ariah. Bellamy saw the couple talking to the girl, the woman appeared to be crying, he decided not to get involved with what ever that was and walked up to the desk, handing Shadow and Wamp's pokeballs to Nurse Joy. He then stood against one of the walls, pulling out his own version of a badge case, that was separate to his actual badge case, it was smaller and had spaces for every region, but instead of the gym leaders it had things given to him by Champions instead of their title. So far he had Kanto, Johto, Alola and Unova.

Blue_Flash4

Nick looked to his Blastoise “Use hydro pump.” Nick said. Blastoise then shot water blasts hitting the Venusaur.

“What how do you know my name?” Cooper asked. “Wait a minute? Are you Aleah? Oh my gosh it’s been awhile. When we said our goodbyes I just thought you were going back to Kalos not Kanto to the Regional League.”

She went back into the Pokecenter holding her snacks for her and Blue. Blue was eager as she wanted her sweet Pokepuffs so bad but then got a bit distracted when she spotted Bellamy with Ren and Aeris as she leaped up to them nudging Ren and Aeris in greeting giving a smile. She noticed Bellamy once she saw Blue run up to him. She approached him before speaking to him. "Preparing yourself aren't you Bellamy?" She asked holding her snacks box that was in a bag in her hand as she gave a gentle smile.

@Shadow_Pup

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
(@LunarSilvally just wanted to make sure you were aware that Ren and Aeris are still on Bellamy's shoulders)

Bellamy turned to face JC, "Oh hey, yeah, just healing up Shadow and Wamp, you gave them quite the battle, you are much better than some of the champions of Alola who have come before you, I must say. Did you know I could've been the Champion of Alola, I turned down the title though, I always do." he said muttering the last bit. Ren and Aeris looked down at the Umbreon in perfect synchronization. Ariah had picked up Ginger off Jade's back and carried her over to a chair where she began to brush her fur slowly.

(oh alright @Shadow_Pup)

She gave a chuckle. "Yes I do get that a lot, it's just my strategy is...well unpredictable...I should say but all I can tell you is remain focused if you do end up in the semifinals facing me that's all I will give but anyway, do you want to share this with me? I have plenty of Pokepuffs here and Masalada's that I had gotten from the Alola myself and trust me they are delicious and Blue here is dying to eat hers. "Umbre!("You bet I am!) She said to her but had eyed Bellamy's head as she leaped up on it for the moment looking upside down at his face. She chuckled. "Blue...don't go on his head without his permission haha" she said seeing her smile before leaping she leaped on her shoulder resting there. "My apologies for that Bellamy, she was just curious of your face" she chuckled a bit.

@Shadow_Pup

FrostyTheBean

Previously Snowy_Boi
Aleah responded to Cooper saying "Well, yeah, I was going to go back to Kalos, but then I decided to check out this league. How's life been?" She then asked.

Nate watched the hydro pump fly towards his Venusaur and then said "Dodge!" Venusaur then dodged and waited for his next command. Nate then said "Now, solar beam!" Venusaur then shot a energy beam towards Blastoise.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Bellamy chuckled softly, "it's fine", he glanced up at the Umbreon in his head "what's so interesting about my face though" he then turned back to JC "yeah sure sounds great, we were getting hungry anyway". Nurse Joy came back and Bellamy took his pokemon from her, Ren and Aeris were, still on his shoulders, looking up at Blue confused by the other Umbreon's presence.

"Mud..." Mudkip responded when Sharp had a minor panic attack.

"This is not good, if Sharp had a panic attack, and Ariana's crying," Firey responded, "I can't believe I'm asking you this, but have you seen a Totodile, it could be source of her problems for the moment?"

She chuckled. "I don't know what do you think Blue?" She asked her. "Umbre!("It's just cute that's all") she told her. She chuckled at Blue's comment. "Oh really haha well Bellamy she said your face is cute that's why she looked at it" she told him. "There is enough here for your team but due to me being a champion I don't show my whole team when we are eating so it will just be Blue, Blade, and Meadow" she said casting them both out. "Sol!" "Saws!" "Shall we Bellamy before the league tomorrow" she asked him pulling out a basket.

@Shadow_Pup

"A-A Totodile? No, I haven't seen one around here," Victoria said and looked around a bit, "At least, not as of lately." She then pulled out her Kalosian Pokédex to search it up and refresh herself on what it looks like. She covered her Pokédex a bit just in case Ariana freaks out at just seeing a picture of it.

"Totodile, the big jaw Pokémon. It is small but rough and tough. It won't hesitate to take a bite out of anything that moves."

"Hmm, I definitely would've remembered seeing Pokémon like that around," she added on.

The three ladies watched the battle outside with some interest, they had ordered some food for dinner and was just waiting on it.

"So what do you guys think of the top competitors of this tournament?" Ani asked after watching the trainer's battle.

"To be honest, I'm not too impressed, but this is hardly a fair way to judge them." Celeste said taking out a case of home made Poké Puffs. This caused Gheist to move out of the table and he stood next to Ani glancing around with a mischievous eye.

All the remaining Pokéballs around Celeste's wrist opened and erupted in light as the Pokémon inside came out around the table, excited at the Poké Puffs. None of her Pokémon were particularly large with the exception of Sycorax and Tempris. Sycorax went a few feet away and sat down near Gheist while Tempris landed on a paerch normally used for flying Pokémon. Celeste passed out the Puffs quickly to each of her Pokémon, every single one was different, and made custom to cater to their individual tastes.

The food they had ordered also arrived to their table after Celeste passed out the Puffs to her Pokémon. The now, massive group of Pokemon surrounding the table ate and enjoyed each others company.

Blue_Flash4

Blastoise saw the solar beam coming towards him and quickly went into his shell which caused the solar beam to miss Blastoise. “Now hydro pump!” Nick said. Blastoise then started shooting multiple hydro pumps through the holes in the shell causing multiple hydro pumps to go towards Venusaur.

Cooper responded to Aleah saying “Life’s been good.” He then pulled out his phone and looked at the bracket. “Oh we might have a chance to fight in the League.” He said. He then showed her the bracket.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Bellamy chuckled at what she said, "yeah, let's go" he said sending out Shadow and Wamp, they followed behind him as Ariah jogged to catch up, with Jade and Ginger. Bellamy left the pokemon center and found a bench, he then sat down and waited for JC, Ariah decided to sit on the floor with Jade, Ginger, Shadow and Wamp, while Ren and Aeris remained on his shoulders.

She walked out of the Pokemon center with Blue walking right beside her. She continued to walk before seeing Bellamy sitting at a bench with his Pokemon out. She walked over before only letting out Meadow and Blade to join along with Blue. She sat on the bench with him before pulling out a good size container filled with Pokepuffs split by tastes as she placed it on the ground for the Pokemon to eat. She pulled out two sandwiches as she handed one to Bellamy. "Eat up guys, there is plenty of Pokepuffs for every Pokemon here" she said watching Blue grab the sweet one quickly eating it as she pulled two out for Ren and Aeris. "Umbre!" She said gesturing Ren and Aeris to come down. "Aren't your shoulders tired from them resting there?" She asked. "Also, are you nervous about the league tomorrow?" She added taking a bite of her sandwich.

@Shadow_Pup

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ren and Aeris hopped down and ate with the other pokemon, Bellamy shrugged "Not really, I kind of just got used it, it's nice to have them close and somewhere I know they are safe. As for the league, I don't know, I have fought many Champions, but I feel like this league will have some strong trainers, but as to whether I'm nervous, no, I'm not nervous cause I'm not really to bothered whether I win or lose, I mean of course I would love to win, but I guess it is the same reason I have never accepted the champion title after defeating a champion, I just don't want to be famous, I good with just being me, when your famous, things become known about you, your strategies, your lifestyle, everything. I guess that just isn't for me" he finished talking and looked at JC, with a smile.

She gave a gentle smile. "Well it's always important to try your best and have fun but always remain focused and have a strategy in hand so opponents don't knock your Pokemon out easily because I have seen that happen with other trainers in the league but did you know at first I was a novice trainer learning about winning an losing but I eventually improved developing a special battle style that surfaced so whether you reach me or not that's alright because you did your best understand" she said reaching her bandaged hand to touch his head gently patting it. "Just have faith in your Pokemon and yourself and you will be surprised if how well your Pokemon will fight even if their weaknesses are involved" she advised before lowering her hand down. "Believe it or not I might do a "special" reveal performance before fighting my opponent who ever it may be" she added looking up at the sky.

@Shadow_Pup