• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon the Movie: Everyone's Story New Trailer

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Movie 21 Screenshot x500.png

The latest trailer for this year's Pokémon movie was released yesterday and from it we've also learned that the movie will be subtitled Everyone's Story. You can check out the trailer for yourself below:

The movie is due for release in Japan on the 13th of July and is a co-production between animation studio OLM and Wit Studio (best known for their work on Attack on Titan). Not a lot is known about the plot yet, but we do know Lugia is the leading legendary and the story seems to be set in the same alternate universe as last years movie, Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You.

A release outside of Japan has not yet been mentioned, but if it follows the usual patten we'll probably see it before the end of 2018.

Attachments

• Movie 21 Screenshot.png
    Movie 21 Screenshot.png
    411.8 KB · Views: 36

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Really liking the tone of that trailer. Assuming that it's going to be exactly what the title implies - a story about six people, their lives with Pokémon, and how all of their paths intertwine - I'm very excited to see how this one will pan out. I'm all for more Pokémon movies that break the mold.

Now, my biggest question after watching the trailer: Who or what is that little pink haired girl talking to~?

I kind of have mixed feelings for this movie right. It's a cute concept & I'm glad they're trying something different, but something about the trailer makes the movie kind of feel like bland fluff. It kind of feels like a mix between the Animal Crossing movie, "22 Short Films About Springfield," & the Pikachu shorts that play before the pokémon movies.

Hey people who made the Sasageyo meme helped on this movie. Jokes aside

Really loving the style of this movie. To think of it is this what Gen 8 would be like?.

Malgai

Previously Snappy
Well, I like what they are doing, but why wont they just at least try to make these movies tie together in some sort of timeline. I judge movies when they have bad timelines, it is just what I do.

Hmmm, the alternate storyline does bring a lot of new possibilities for the characters. The Pink haired one reminds me or Mira, so I can take a wild guess and assume she was talking to an Abra? However, following the trend of the last movie some famous trainers have different signature Pokemon... so it's difficult to say.

On a side note, Green Hair + Chansey definitely gives off a 'Cheryl' feel. Can't quite make any guesses on the identities of the other characters though. :(