• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon The Movie: Coco gets a new Christmas release date and trailer

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
【公式】「劇場版ポケットモンスター ココ」予告2 0-50 screenshot.png

Following a delay caused by the global pandemic, this year's Pokémon movie has narrowly avoided making this year the first since 1998 to not feature a new Pokémon movie release in Japan by sneaking in a new release date of the 25th December.

Pre-orders for tickets open this Friday and will come with codes for Pokémon Sword and Shield to receive the Shiny Celebi and the Mythical Zarude as Mystery Gifts. No details on the release of the movie or this Pokémon distribution have been announced for outside of Japan yet.

Eag8KYTXsAAwtAw

The movie follows on from The Power of Us, with that version of Ash and Pikachu meeting a young boy called Coco who, after mysteriously appearing in Zarude's forest, grows up 'as a Pokémon' under Zarude's parentship. While the movie might not be available outside of Japan this year, you can at least enjoy this new trailer featuring "Really Mysterious Creatures", the movie's exclusive title song.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
The movie looks pretty good and I'm actually looking forward to seeing it next year when it gets released internationally. Really my biggest question right now is when the bloody goat damn hell I get my own Zarude? Or you know, a small army because I will get my claws on as many as I possibly can. Build my own pack of them I will.