• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: The Beginning

"Okay!" She waved them off, and once they were out the door she turned to the 'bike salesman' who she knew to be nothing more than a fraud. She mustered all the courage she could and piped up to him. "What's a Rocket Grunt like you doing here? You don't belong here!" She growled, her Eevee hissing at him.

Nick watched as the door shut behing him. He knew something weird was going on with Brooke. However, she seemed capable of taking care of herself. He would just wait where he had promised her.

The man had no pokemon left after the battle, so there was no way she could battle him... No matter how badly her Eevee wanted to. They both have had a nasty history with the Rockets. She left the store with tears in her eyes, and before she arrived where her friends promised to meet her, her hair was styled differently, covering one eye. "I'm sorry I'm late." She forced a smile again, Eevee bounding by her side, and whimpering softly.

Nick could immediately tell something was up. He noticed Brooke's face was red, and she seemed a little quieter then normal.
"Are you okay?" Nick asked. Growlithe walked up to her and nuzzled her leg.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"What happened? I heard some noise inside the house, and what happened to your hair, too?" Eric asked, looking at Brooke. He forgot to return his Horsea, and even though Horsea never met Brooke, he seemed worried while looking at her. "Did something happen with the salesman? Did he promise to return her bike or something?" Eric wondered. He turned to look at Nick, then back at Brooke," You're worrying us Brooke," he told her.

"I'm... I'm okay." She stammered, sniffling softly. "Don't worry about me... let's just keep going." She stated softly, waving away their concern. Eevee growled and leaped onto her shoulder, and batted away the hair in front of her eye, revealing a fresh black eye.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Eric's eyes widened as he saw Brooke's black eye. He became very serious and a dark shadowy aura came around him. "Horsea return," he said calmly. He slowly began walking towards the house, while dragging Nick. Eric entered the house and saw the man with a smile on his face. "That bastard ain't going to be so happy soon," he thought malevolently. "Nick, tell Growlithe to burn him," he said while looking at Nick with a glowing red eye. He pointed at the Team Rocket Member.

Nick looked at Eric with mild confusion. He seemed very different. His glowing red eye sent chills down Nick's spine. He gulped loudly and looked down at Growlithe. He knelt beside the Pokémon and whispered softly into his ear.
"Growlithe, use Ember on that man, but make sure you don't severely injure him. Just enough to teach him a lesson."

Brooke watched Eric fearfully. He no longer appeared sweet and kind, but intimidating and actually scary. She inched away, staring at him. But she didn't feel bad about the Growlithe attacking the grunt. If she wasn't so completely paralyzed with shock and fear she probably would've been smiling.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Growlithe shot a medium fireball at the man, but Eric wasn't satisfied. While the grunt was distracted by the fire, Eric sprinted over to him. Then, he delivered a kick to the man's inappropriate part, which led him to fall over and cover it in pain. Eric continued punching the man in the face until the man lost 5 of his teeth. Satisfied, Eric turned around and saw Brooke staring at him. The aura around Eric faded and he laughed. "Sorry about that. Let's get to Viridian," he said. Eric didn't forget what he did, nor did he forget it. He simply thought the moment was over and there was no reason to continue this episode. Eric left the house and got on the bike. "Come on, hurry up!" he shouted.

Growlithe ran back over to Nick and looked up at him. He smiled and pet the Pokémon.
"Good job boy, you did well." Nick pulled put his pokéball and held it out. Growlithe barked and jumped, as the Pokéball absorbed his energy. He held the Pokéball close to him and turned towards Brooke.
"It's alright. Let's just... Get to Veridian City. Lots of Pokémon to catch!" Nick said smiling cheerfully.

Brooklyn stared at them both. "Are you both going to pretend that didn't happen?!" She snapped, probably speaking at the loudest volume she ever had, which was a shock given her shy nature. "What in Arceus' name was that?!"

Nick's face turned a bright red color and he scratched his head.
"Listen. We didn't do anything that he didn't deserve. Yes, he is a little worse for wear then I had expected, but I will leave an anonymous tip and have somone pick him up. Besides..." Nick leaned in, " We really have to get out of this town." He flicked his gaze over to Eric and then back to Brooke.

Brooke nodded, not making any motion to look at Eric. She felt horrible for being afraid of him so suddenly, but she really couldn't help it. He just went berserk! And his eyes were glowing, and she didn't understand! Brooklyn always feared what she couldn't understand.

~~~
The trio traipsed through Route 1 as the sunlight glittered through the trees. The three were silent, except for the crunching of leaves beneath their feet. Suddenly, there was a rustling in the woods next to Nick. He looked over at Brooke and grabbed a Pokéball.
"Go Growlithe!" Nick said. The Pokémon jumped out onto the ground in battle stance. The two walked slowly over to the grass when a loud screech erupted from it and a Pidgey jumoed out of nowhere.