• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Survivor! The reality game show!

Sign ups here! (Still accepting more rpers!): https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-survivor-discussion-sign-ups-thread.21262/

“Congratulations! Your application and audition for the first ever season of Pokémon Survivor has been accepted! You have been selected because we believe that your unique skills and traits will carry you to be the sole survivor and winner of one billion pokedollars! We can’t wait to see you over at Takona island this June!”

Setting: Takona island is a made up island located in between of Kanto’s and Alola. It’s a beautiful, large, and tropical island that is almost as large as poni island. It’s geography is comprised of beaches, tropical forests, rivers, lakes, small fields, swamps, and a hiking mountain range along its west side that contains hot springs and a couple caves. Basically almost every type of Pokémon can be found here. Near the south of the island in a small forest clearing is where the main camping grounds will be located. Challenges and courses will randomly be set up all around the island.
Plot: Your character willingly applies and auditions to be on this show for a reason: maybe a desperate need for the prize money, a chance of fame, or maybe just to meet people and have fun experiences. Regardless, everyone knows that they will be competing against each other and that there can only be one winner. They will all arrive to the island on a cruise ship and arrive for a small party on the beach where they can socialize and get to know each other before the host (moi) will go over the rules and divide the campers into teams. Your first post should go over your characters anticipation and interacting with others at the beach. There will be a challenge every day, either a reward or immunity challenge. Teams that win rewards can earn supplies, extra food, tools to help them catch Pokémon, etc. Teams that win immunity are safe from the elimination ceremony; the team that loses will head to a bonfire where they will all anonymously vote on who they want to be eliminated from the show. Once a character gets eliminated they become exiled from the camp and can no longer compete in challenges. However that’s not where their story ends, as they must continue to live by themselves on the island, and unbeknownst to the film crew, the island contains more secrets and treasures than meets the eye. Of course, judgements on which teams will win challenges will come to me, unless you guys can come to an agreement and make it obvious in your posts who succeeded or failed.
Current cast: @JesusoChristo
@Mr. Machiavellian
@Willow Tree
@CripsyPotatoChips
@Krisseon
@EmoKitty21
@EeviumZ
@SwiftSwoobat
@~Add~
@Breon

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Casey Vance was leaning his elbow on the railing near at the very front of the cruise ship. A warm summer breeze was accompanied by a beautiful blue sky as the ship began to dock into the island. Casey was thrilled to be the show's first host, he sipped on a margarita in a fancy glass as he grinned ecstatically at Takona island. His whole life he had been one charismatic and outgoing individual, this reality show was his big break to show that to the world. The ship's siren finally sounded: HONK! Indicating it was time for every contestant to make it on to the beach.

Casey was the first one to take the stairs over to the gorgeous white shore. He was clad in a comfortable alolan style button up shirt with Comfeys on it, some white cargo shorts, and a pair of black sandals. Already set up for each contestant was an array of tables generously decorated with snacks, drinks, and other nice refreshments. The plan was simple as Casey made sure to let everyone know prior: as soon as they step out, they get to socialize with each other. Casey also made it very clear earlier on the cruise that this would be the last good meal they would get in a while, so most better cherish it. He sat in a chair and eagerly waited to see the competitors arrive.

Last edited:

Mr. Machiavellian

Previously riskyie
Jasmine has been waiting on the cruise for quite some time, blankly looking out at the calm, turquoise waters. It was quite a nice day, but Jasmine was too bored and impatient to notice the soft, pleasant breezes and cloudless sky. It was almost like a painting, with swirls of cottony white accompanied by a gorgeous blue that could draw anyone’s eye and make them think about summer. Jasmine looked out over the blue, seeing Feebas and Magikarp dance and leap over the waves, and that put a smile on her face. Lost in thought, Jasmine was snapped out of it by a loud honk, indicating that it was time to get off. Turning around and giving a smirk at the Takona Island, Jasmine clutched her bag and ran down the steps and out the exit.

Jasmine was ecstatic to see that there were already beverages and tables thoughtfully set up with umbrellas. Jasmine wore sunglasses that day to block out the sun from her view, so they weren’t necessary, but it was still helpful. Looking around, Jasmine spotted another person who didn’t look like he arrived much earlier. Looking at his semi-fancy clothing, Jasmine assumed that he was the host. Waving at the man and taking her seat, Jasmine waiting for all the other contestants to climb off of the ship.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow stepped out the cruise ship hesitantly, letting the wind play with his hair as he finally treaded onto the beautiful scenery. He took in a deep breath, his seasick mind knowing that this scenery wouldn't be as beautiful when the contest starts so he might as well enjoy it while he could. He looked around, everything seemed normal; for now at least, and everyone is already finding themselves a seat. He frantically took his seat, somewhere where there aren't that many people but yet enough to hide him for the moment; everything happened so fast, he doesn't know how to stomach it all in.

Peaking around shyly, he caught sights of different people, all looking quite strong and confident about the competition, surely, they must have something up their sleeve for them to be so self-assured? Then again, he also caught sights of people who're not so sure about the contest, perhaps they been pestered into joining too. He sighed and slumped a little in his seat, the contestants are probably all socializing right now, if they weren't already on the cruise, but it wouldn't hurt if he goes talk to someone too right?

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Though Allie intended to exit the ship last, it seemed the universe thought differently. She tripped and fell down the stairs, with a series of loud crashes.
"I'm totally okay!" she called, pulling herself to her feet.
She stretched out, happy to see the island that would be her living place for... however long she could last. She didn't have high hopes for winning - not that she cared, she only wanted to have fun.
She noticed a shy-looking boy slumped in his seat. Throwing her original plan of sitting alone out the window, she sat next to him and started a conversation.
"Hi! My name's Allie. What's yours?" she asked.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow instantly jumped up, bristling as an unknown stranger suddenly decided to plop right next to his seat. She introduced herself quite immediately and then asked for his name. It all happened all so suddenly that for a moment, he forgot how to speak. Took him about 3 seconds of staring at the girl in pure shock before he finally got himself together and answer the girl's question.

"My name is.....Willow." he drawled, "Nice to meet you...I guess, that is, if we don't end up having to go against each other." He added.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie chuckled lightly. “True, true.”
She leaned back in her seat, taking in the ocean air. A light breeze whipped her hair ever so slightly.
“So... you looking forward to the competition? I’m really excited. It seems like it’s going to be fun!” she said, trying not to seem awkward.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Uhhhhhhh, about that." Willow scratched his cheek nervously, "I'm afraid I don't share your enthusiasm Allie." He admitted, "And fun.....isn't how I describe 'survival'" he added, "It just sound so....nevermind." he sighed and slumped onto the table, "I'm just trying to get this over with, survival has nevermind been my strong suit. Then again, I'm here for my cousin, funny how she didn't come when she's the one pestering me about it."

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah was practicing is dance moves on the deck of the ship before he heard the loud honk of the ship. He grabbed his bag and started to head out to the exit of the ship as he slid down the rails of the stairs before landing on the Sandy Beach. " What is up my soon-to-be dudes and dudettes!" Noah yelled as he threw his fist into the air. "This place is totally going to be awesome I wish my bros were here to see this." Noah said as he looked around and started to approach the Host. "What up Host-man glad to be on the show." Noah said as he extended his fist waiting for a fist bump from the host.

Casey chuckled a bit and gave Noah a fist bump in return. He then spoke in a similar manner as him to humor him, "Just chilling, bro! You excited to get that one bil?" He asked in a nonchalant yet enticing voice. Casey then looked over at some other competitors he pulled out a megaphone from under his chair. He then boomed a message in a charismatic tone. "Looks like some of you are finally arriving! Welcome to Takona, baby! Please enjoy yourselves, I'll go over some rules in fifteen."

Nombre De Usuario

Previously JesusoChristo
Yuki was cleaning her glasses on the deck of the ship when she was startled by the sudden honk of the ship, she jumped as she was annoyed by it, she got off whilst seeing this guy... dancing?, she was utterly annoyed by this and got hesitant whether to go in this island, or to stay at the ship, this made her confident, these people don't know it yet, but she's going to win this contest, she was angry about this guy, why was he fist bumping a random person!?, she shook her head and chuckled a bit, this guy reminded her of a commoner.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie immediately understood what this meant. She hated the feeling of being forced to do something.
She didn't speak for a few seconds, not really knowing what to say. She didn't really want to bother Willow, but she didn't want to leave rudely either.
She gave a small smile. "Well... then you may as well make the best of it..." Her voice trailed off, realizing how strange she sounded.
"That sounded really cliche, didn't it?" she said awkwardly.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow chuckled and smiled at Allie, "No...not really." He laughed, "You got a point though," he added, trying to not make their conversation uncomfortable, "I might as well make the best of this situation."

He sat up straight again, giving his muscles a good stretch, "So...how old are you?" He asked, "Not that I'm meddling, I just trying to break up a conversation where we get to know each other." He added in quickly, figuring he might look like a creep due to asking a personal question.

Last edited:
Mia, seeing that people were getting off, quickly hurried to the front of the boat and disembarked. She walked over to the table and sat down in a spot away from the other contestants. She eyed the food hungrily, but waited to see if anyone else would take anything first. She looked at the other contestants at the table. They seemed nice enough, and some of them already seemed to be friends!

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie internally sighed in relief.
I didn't look like an idiot... thank goodness.
"I'm sixteen, turning seventeen pretty soon actually. One of the youngest competitors, if I'm not mistaken. And you?" she asked curiously.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow tilted his head, looking pleasantly surprised, "Oh? Guess we're the same age." He laughed, "What a coincident, funny isn't it." He smoothed his hair to the right, "Guess we can be the youngest together now, if that's a good thing at all. Heard the youngest you can be is 15 though."

Willow crossed his arm and leaned back against his chair, "Think you can win the contest Allie?" He asked, "Cause being somewhere around the youngest have good and bad advantages." He chuckled in amusement, "Cause I for one, don't think I can." He pointed his finger dramatically at the other competitors, "Just look at them!" He exclaimed, "Some of them are like, twice my size." He bleeped in a whiny tone.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie laughed. “Honestly, I know my chances of winning are slim to none. Not that I care though. I did this for a few reasons: to have fun, to say that I did it, and to get away from my big sister. She’s so proper.” She shrugged. “I couldn’t care less about the money or fame.”

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow couldn't help but beam brightly at Allie's comment, finding it more entertaining than the contest itself, "That's unfortunate, your sister sounds like a bother." He said, "I guess you can enjoy yourself a bit before going back." He pointed out.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Quentin walked off the ship with satisfaction. He quite enjoyed an island with beautiful scenery, though tried to avoid getting on anyone's eviction list. He stayed in the background, peeking of the deck to see any Pokemon nearby. His Drifloon floated above him, bashful of the new competitors and the new land. The Drifloon looked with worry into Quentin's eyes," Dri! Dirfloon!" Quentin gave a reassuring smile," Don't worry, you'll get used to this place for a looong time!"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Totally bro, but I have to win it first and......ohhhhh hell yeah Pizza." Noah said as he ran off and grab a slice of pizza but as he took the first bite he was amazed on how much flavor there was. "Oh my God this is the best pizza ever!" Noah then ran towards a two people that were talking one small wimpy guy and the clumsy girl that tripped over the stairs of the ship his arm around both of their shoulders. "My Bros you've gotten try this pizza it's heavenly." Noah said as you took another bite and looked like he was in bliss.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow bristled, taken aback by another newcomer. For a moment, he thought that all these competitors are going to greet him by scaring the living lights out of him and he panicked.

"Uhhhh, sure...." he dragged on, still pretty startled by the new dude, "But I'm not in the mood to eat yet, thanks for offering though." He said.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie looked a bit winded, but lightened up quickly. "Eh, I ate on the ship. Maybe later."
Something seemed to dawn on her, as she realized that she wouldn't be eating much for the next several weeks.
"I-I'll get some later..." she said sheepishly.
She leaned back. "Guessing you're also a contestant?" she asked the newcomer.

Aran believed it was just him at first, but he and the rest of the contestants, despite all being grouped up in the same little cruise ship, remained fairly isolated throughout the trip. To his knowledge they weren't exactly ordered to do so, yet it seemed to be set up in such a way where this was the outcome. He shrugged internally, not understanding this weird process he chalked up to the world of reality TV, but he at least suspected that the intention of inhibiting contact was to save all the introductions for until they arrived on the island.

The instant he stepped onto the deck, he saw cameras. It wasn't surprising, but he was still a little intimidated that he was suddenly on film and would likely remain on film for the rest of the competition, probably even when he least suspects it. So, he's supposed to act like they aren't there, right?

Nah, something else needed further investigation... food? Taking his earbuds out, Aran headed toward the stand, arms hanging limp without sway as he strode towards the pizza in particular. He picked up a slice, sniffed it, and turned towards the taller guy near him.

"Well, I bet we'll, uhh, remember it as even better when we're starving in the barren wilderness." The four-eyed man took a small bite. It was definitely pretty good. "Or something."
@Breon

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah begin to bring the the two people around his arms closer looking at them straight in the eyes. "Are you two kidding me, where do you think we are right now, we're in a survival reality game show where in one moment you're eating pizza and in the next you'll be starving without having any food during the next week, eat the food you'll have no idea when you're eating something this good again!" Noah yelled before letting go of the two to notice the guy behind him and put his arm around his shoulder looking at the clumsy girl and small guy with a smile. "See this guy gets it, sup bro I'm Noah what's your name?" Noah said happily even though he doesn't know the meaning of personal space.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie sweatdropped. She guessed that no one noticed the medical alert bracelet she wore. She decided not to say anything out of embarrassment.
"Yeah... right..." Her voice trailed off. Her allergy made her incredibly self-conscious, and she didn't like talking to people about it unless it was necessary.
Her bracelet jangled on her wrist slightly, causing her to flinch. She prayed that it would be ignored, as she didn't like explaining about her medical conditions.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Ah...good point, I guess?" Willow gave a nervous laugh in response to Noah's comment. He immediately turned to Allie, "We're not really going to die here, right?" He asked, "Like, we're going to starve yes but I don't think they'll starve us to death...will they?"

As he rant, he couldn't help but hear a little jingle out of the blue. He thought at first it was some kind of alarm to alert all the contestants but no one else seems to hear it. At least, Allie might've heard it, she did flinch in time with the jingle, "Hey...you hear that? I hear some kind of ringing..." he trailed off, "You okay?" He asked.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The girl was visibly uncomfortable. Her hand moved to her wrist, covering her silver bracelet.
“Yeah, yeah, totally fine - I don’t think they’ll actually starve us to death, I mean, this is a television show and all...” She was obviously changing the subject to avoid discussing something.

Aran shook his head, lightly annoyed at the misinterpretation but otherwise unresponsive to Noah's arm around his slumped shoulder.

"Nonononono. I mean, like..." He turned to a couple others and back to Noah, struggling to get his thoughts across. "I bet this pizza's here to undo our mental preparedness and give the wrong impression to make our, uh, despair all the more, uh, hilarious to the viewers," Aran said with an amused grin. He was subtly trying to convey that he was sorta joking about the whole thing, but the food was a little odd. There might have been more to it, and if he conjures enough silly ideas one is bound to be close.

"Oh, and it's uh Aran."

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow naively took her words for it, but the tension she was showing worried him nonetheless, "Well, do you perhaps think that they might have a medical team to back things up if a group is too weak?" He asked, playing along with her changing of subjects, "Let's just say someone fatally injured themself by accident and the team have no medical supplies, do you think they'll be automatically eliminated from the contest so they can get the help they need?"

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Relieved that the conversation had changed directions, Allie took some time to think about this.
"...most likely. No one is going to die here. I don't think they'd let that happen." She was confident about this, as she always assumed the best.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow sighed, not looking quite as confident compared to the female next to him, "If you say so...I believe you." He smiled at her, "Nice to think of only the bright side huh." He commented, "I think you'll do great Allie." He plucked a grape off the food bowl and popped it into his mouth, "But the contest will only get harder as the contestants move on through each round, and I don't think anyone brought their pokemons with them either." He looked around to confirm that thought, "This will not be easy...and I think that's what they're trying to get at."

Feeling somewhat left out, and wanting to get to know people before the show started, Mia decided to move seats, closer to the group, only leaving a gap of one chair. Not wanting to interrupt, she took a slice of pizza. It was just as good as everyone had said!

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Quentin was about to answer, though he was interrupted by a loud bombardment of voices to the other person. He sighed, knowing he wouldn't be on this show for long... Quentin looked unamused by the pizza, as he always hated the popular opinion. Quickly, he walked away from the noise, over on the far side of the deck. He looked out at the sea, amazed of how far he traveled. His Drifloon was none to different, and gazed out to the seemingly endless blue ocean.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
At the mention of Pokemon, Allie sighed slightly. She looked down at the ground.
"I really wish I could have brought Eve. She's my Eevee, and my best friend. It doesn't feel natural for her not to be on my shoulder." She glanced at her left shoulder as she said this, a longing expression on her face.
"I had to leave her with my brother. He's much more relaxed than my sister, so I think she's having fun. Doesn't stop me from missing her though." She bit her lip, visibly a bit saddened. "The same goes for my other Pokemon. Eclipse the Absol, Zelda the Gardevoir, and Vixen the Alolan Vulpix. I miss them all too."

"I know what you mean, I had to leave my Leafeon, he would've loved it here" Mia says in response. "He's probably my best friend too. He's called Cinnamon, which I know is a dumb name, but I named him when he was an Eevee, so it made sense then"

Nombre De Usuario

Previously JesusoChristo
Yuki was getting hungry from all this commotion, and then just at the right moment she spotted "PIZZA", oh god in all it's glory, the magnificent aroma of pizza, this made Yuki's survival instincts kick in, she took a slice and devoured it whole whilst covering her face in order to not show everyone what she was doing, after finishing her time of eating "gracefully", she stood up straight and stated "you saw nothing" before turning around and ignoring them while looking at anything to distract her.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Seeing Allie's sad expression, Willow somewhat almost choked on his grape as he tried to answer, only to save himself midway before nearly suffocating himself. He reached over and gave Allie a reassuring pat on the back as he gather himself together, "No worries, I miss my pokemons too." He said, "Though I believe they're in good hands so I'm sure they're fine." He added, finally catching his breath.

Rowan Tree

Previously ~Add~
Elesis from afar can see a black hair boy, and fearlessly walked over to him, "Hi there!" she said to all of them that with the black haired boy (Willow). She waved and smiled. "So, what are ya talkin about?" Elesis asked. "Oh! And my name is Elesis!" She said. "What's your name?" she asked. She smiled more, just to show that she trust them all. She blinked once and rubbed her eyes, waiting for their reply.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow jumped, slamming his hands on rhe table to steady himself as he nearly fell out of his chair. Whipping his around to confront the redhead behind him, he can't help but grimace a bit at the fact he just got jump scared. "Hi...." he said, after a minute, "The name is Willow." He answered, "We were just talking about our pokemons."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie flinched, but relaxed quickly.
"Hey! I'm Allie. I was just saying how I miss my Pokemon at home." She smiled lightly.
Elesis seemed rather similar to herself, which she liked. She offered her hand for a handshake.

Rowan Tree

Previously ~Add~
She shook Allie's hand with glee. "Nice to meet you all! Speaking of pokemons, I miss them too. Especially my brother, he's alone at my house. I left him the moment I heard about this. Dang me. Maybe leaving a family member isn't such a good idea." Elesis said sighing, "And...Allie, was it? Is Willow okay?"

She fake giggled a little bit, but sighed in regret and pain for her alone brother. She then smiled a little bit but inside she knew she's to naive and she was forcefully into doing this in order to save her family (I edited my reason for Elesis on the Pokemon Survivor discussion). "Enough about that, so, who is your Pokemon partner?" She asked.