• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

General story/plot:
This is a world where there's no humans and is only inhabited by Pokemon. In Lively Town, there's an exploration Society, where Pokemon can form exploration teams and travel the undiscovered lands, claim endless riches, arrest the most immoral outlaws, and help out fellow pokemon. However, there is an evil emerging in the land of Pokemon and the guild has got quite a lot on their hands in order to keep peace within the world of Pokemon. Large evil group of pokemon have started causing trouble and attacking anyone they come across. Their like bandits. They steal and put pokemon in harm's way. They must be stopped.

Discussion Page(Visit to join): https://pokecharms.com/threads/mystery-dungeon-rp.19599/

It was a bright spring morning. Winter had only just melted into spring. Flowers and grass began to spring back to life. Trees started regaining their leaves. The melted snow made parts of the ground all squishy but it wasn't bad. Tiny, the little vulpix found it fun to play in the mud. She didn't mind walking through it as long as she was careful enough not to fall in it. She was traveling to Lively Town. She had heard that's where expedition society was. She had always wished to join them and now she was on her way. She was almost there too, about an hour or so away from the town. With each step closer she grew more nervous. Would they even let her into a team? What if they thought she was too weak? What if no one wanted her?

"No, can't think like that." Tiny spoke, shaking her head riding herself of these thoughts. "Must be positive."

Finding her positive side again, a smile crept on her face. She was really almost there. With each step she grew closer to her dream. This thought made her more and more excited. Suddenly she took off in a burst of energy. She laughed as she bounded ahead, mud kicking up from her paws. Once her energy ran out she stopped to rest. She shook her body trying to rid herself of some of the mud. At least it semi matched her fur. She soon found herself sitting underneath a tree, grooming herself. She wanted to look her best for when she got there. Showing up at the expedition society covered in mud probably wouldn't be the best thing for someone wanting to join up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile, another pokémon, a Linoone by the name of Novel, was traveling towards Lively Town as well. The cold season being over, he heard rumors about the Expedition Society, where he could probably get himself a job. They were very busy, and didn't had enough teams to help them. As such, they were easily accepting new exploration teams into their ranks. But not everymon is interested into risking their life. Novel didn't care at all, he just wanted a job.

As he just made it out of Gentle Slope Cave, he saw the town in the horizon.
"Maybe an hour or two..." he told himself, but then switched into a quadrupedal position and said "Or just thirty minutes!" as he began to ran at full speed, in one straight line.

He didn't last long before being completely exhausted, sadly, remembering that he didn't made any physical effort for the whole winter, making him a bit chubby even. "O-kay, *huff* I'll walk, forget it." Novel said, as he decided to take a break under the shadow of a tree, not noticing that a Vulpix was grooming herself just the other side of said tree.

The sun shone as Collins awakened from his nap. The inkay lifted himself up from his makeshift bed of leaves. he frowned as he took in his surroundings. A quiet plains that was just a few minutes from Lively town. Carrie, his only henchman spinda, was still lying down as though she was unconscious, Collins nudged her with one of his tentacles.

"Carrie. Get up. Know."

"I Dont Wanna." She muttered, but slowly rose to her feet. Carrie awkwardly patted off any dirt on her before lazily brushing her best friends ribbon. "GOOD MORNING!" she surprisingly yelled. Now seemingly full of energy.

"Yes yes" Collins replied, unfazed by her sudden joy. "Before we start, lets take a look at what we have so far." It wasn't long before they started there own exploration team, but he was eager to see what they earned. "Carrie. Status report"

"We have 23 poke."

"What? Thats nothing. What about our treasure, what can we sell those for?"

"Our treasure?" While spoken as a question, Collins knew she meant that they didn't have any.

"Gah. Listen up Carrie. We are now a exploration team. We cannot fall behind and let other people get all the riches. Its time to step up our A-game take down those who stand in our way. Today is the first day that team World Runner makes their stand above everyone else!"

"Yahoo!" exclaimed Carrie. she grabbed Collins and put him on her head like a hat, Then they began their way to Lively Town

A Luxio stood outside lovely town as two different pokemon walked up to the Luxio. They were a scraggy and a pidgeotto. The Luxio spoke “Well see anything from the shop worth taking.” The scraggy spoke “Nope, nada, zip, nothing.” The Luxio growled “It’s been too long since I robbed a shop though I wouldn’t dare rob them now that the winter season is over.” The Pidgeotto then said “Well we could get some treasures from unsuspecting newcomers right.” The Luxio looked away and nodded.

Two figures jumped from tree branch to tree branch as they made their way to Lively Town. Upon closer inspection, the two figures were none other than a Gallade named Damian and a Lopunny named Rhonda. They both jumped off their tree branches gracefully, Rhonda decided to look around and admire the environment of a newly blooming Spring, Damian on the other hand got out a map and checked where they are.

"We're not too far now, Rhonda; just a little farther." Said Damian.

"Awesome, I can't wait to start our Exploration team!" Rhonda responded whilst she jumped cheerfully.

"Yeah, after this, think of how much fun it'll be to explore the world and we'll help others out in the process." Damian said with a smile.

"Win-win!" Both the Pokémon said in union with a high five.

"I know a way we can make it more fun..." Rhonda said with a smirk.

"Go on." Damian replied and smirked back.

"Let's race there!" Rhonda said with a look of glee.

"You're on!" Damian replied with a confident look as he put his map away.

"Alright, ready, set... GO!" Rhonda shouted as she zoomed through the forest, but Damian wasn't far behind her.

The two ran through the forest at great speed, they made sure to run pass if not jump over anything or anyone in their way as they made their way to the town.

Last edited:
Lucas's looked up to see a lopunny and gallade jump over him, in shock the Riolu panicked and fell off the tree he was resting on "Ahh," he screamed but a honedge quickly caught him by the hand using its cloth, "Thanks slash," said Lucas's sighing as he was pulled up to the tree branch, "Do you think they're going where I think they're going?" he said to the honedge as he stood up onto the branch "Only one way to find out!" he added and he began to hop from tree to tree to get to Lively town as honedge levitated behind him.

Last edited:
Tiny paused in her grooming upon hearing some footsteps. Curious of who or what it was the young vulpix rose to her paws to investigate. After all, what kind of explorer would she be if she didn't investigate? Just as she rounded the tree she spotted the culprit of the sound.

"hello." She spoke looking to the Linoone. "You heading for lively town too?"

The little pokemon cocked her head to the side as she waited for an answer. She plopped into a sitting position and flicked her tails. She was mostly clean now, with a few light mud patches around or on her paws.
(shorty, sorry)

Novel almost fell asleep under the tree, slowly closing his eyes, but then someone began to spoke to him. He got startle a bit, now fully awake and standing up, as he finally noticed the Vulpix. He calmed down, sat back down and leaned back on the tree. He looked down at the quite small Vulpix, who seemed rather exited.

"Mmh? You speak to me? What does it matter where I go?" Novel replied in a low voice, as he was now looking at the Town direction, still somewhat far in the horizon. Feeling better, and trying to avoid wasting too much time, he continued "My apologies, but I must be going now," but in order to not end in bad terms, he added "From how you phrased your question, your going there too, right? Well, we will most likely meet again, as long as nothing unfortunate happen to neither of us ...er, see you."

And with this, Novel stand back up, and continued his travel toward Lively Town, leaving the Vulpix behind.

Last edited:
Collins had to brace himself as it the Spinda increased her pace to Lively town. On the way Collins made note of four Pokemon he had not seen before: A gallade, a lopunny, a riolu, and honedge.

That's odd.
he thought. Are they newbies? Maybe we can get something out of them. He couldn't think about it any longer as Carrie came to an immediate halt. The forced stop caused Collins to fling onto the ground. He painfully rose up and looked around at why they stopped. He could see that they made it to town. Tons of Pokemon were going on there daily lives. Some were running their merchant stalls, while others were preparing for upcoming adventures. A passing grovyle noticed the bruised inkay and approached the duo.

"Are you okay?" the kind grovyle asked.

"Get lost" Collins sputtered. But as he said that Collins realized he could be able to get something out of this. "That's what they said to us." Collins spoke now as if he was on the verge of crying. "He said to never come back home. We came here in order to find a place to stay. could please spare anything to help us?"

"How sad. How very very sad." Carrie said, wiping her eyes along with poorly acted sobs.

Convinced, the grovyle spared them five Poke, wished good luck on finding a new home, and walked away. That's it? Collins thought at the small amount he gave. What a cheapskate! Collins climbed back on top of Carrie's head. "Come on. Lets see what other people we can find. Hopefully they have more than just this."

Damian and Rhonda continued to run toward the village and stopped past the entrance seemingly at the same time. They both panted in exhaustion and looked at each other, unsure of who won because of how neck and neck they were.

"Looks like I... I win." Rhonda said as she tried to catch her breath.

"You? Come on, did you see how close we were? That seemed more of a tie at best." Damian responded.

"I guess... still, it was fun, wasn't it?" Rhonda asked as se looked at her friend with a smile.

"You bet it was... certainly helped us burn a few calories." Damian smiled as he finally stood up straight, almost fully recuperated.

"You wanna go sign up for the Exploration teams?" Rhonda asked before she heard her stomach rumble.

"Why don't we get some food first; we didn't eat much this morning." Damian asked.

"Good idea." Rhonda replied with a smile.

The two began to head into town and look for stalls selling food, eventually they found one that sold apples and bought a bag full. Afterward they went to find a place to sit and each began to eat one apple each.

Lucas was still charging to the village when suddenly the tree`s he was jumping between stopped, he flew off of the last tree into the opening, then like earlier Slash quickly grabbed him by his hand using his cloth.

"Thank`s, again," Lucas said as he was slowly lowered to the floor, he then looked at his stomach and it gave a huge grumble, so the two decided to go looking for some food.

Eventually they found the same apple store as Damian and Rhonda, they bought a few and sat down near them. Unfortunately slash can`t eat, but Lucas began to imediately.

After a long while, Novel finally walked in Lively Town, mostly tired of his journey. The Linoone considered that he should get used to making travels like this if he was to work for the Expedition Society, or he could easily... "no, perish the thought". "Right now, I should just find the Inn and get some rest," Novel thought.

As he was making his way there, he was distracted by the commotion made by a duo of pokémons, crying as they shared their sad story with a Grovyle. Listening from a distance, it was obvious to Novel that it was all an act. "I used to do the same for a living". Their performance was decent, could use some work, but was good enough to persuade anyone with a good heart.

The show being over, Novel hesitated to what to do next; he needed a team to join the Expedition Society, and those two could do, for now at least. "They probably don't have a job of their own, and so I could make them go after the little money I have, while bringing them with me into this nightmare. Both parties would benefit from this," Novel said to himself. He forced up a nice smile and went to the duo.

The Inkay was obviously the mastermind of the two, and thus to him Novel talked, making his play in this show
"Hello, my friends. I couldn't help but notice that you were stuck in a thought spot, my apologies. I overheard that you were in needs of help, and so I thought that I... well... I could be that help you're looking for. But how about I buy you a drink first at the tavern, so we can sit and talk." Novel was disgusted by his own words; his act could have been better, but if they really wanted some cash, they would catch the bait anyway.

Last edited:
Collins was surprised that his quick sob story already reeled in victim. Even better, the Pokemon was willing to offer food. "Oh i must say. Thank you kind sir" Collins said, Delighted to the point he practically given up the act. "That is such nice thing to hear. It makes me think that this town is too nice. Don't you think so Carrie?"

"He talks funny." The Spinda said. Eyeing him intently. "And moves funny, and looks funny, and even speaks like-" She is interrupted by her stomach growling. She looks down and begins to wobble back and forth. Then, as though she had completely forgotten the moment, she begins to look around while avoiding eye contact. "I'm hungry."

During Carrie's episode Collins gives a second to think about the rest of the proposal. What do we have to talk? Why does this fool not just give us food and leave? If he thinks he can swindle the upcoming great explorer then- A second growl of the Spinda's stomach arouse along with the moans of "Huuuuuunnnngggry". Collins sighs and keeps those thoughts in the back of his mind. "We would be delighted. Lead on new friend. Hopefully we can both get everything we need."

"Well, if your so hungry, my dear Spinda, let's not waste a minute longer." And thus the group went to the town tavern. Novel selected a table distant from curious ears, and allowed the Inkay and Spinda to order their favorite. "Getting low on cash" Novel thought, as looked at the little he had left in his pouch. He didn't even take anything for himself. "Well, I pray hope your enjoying the food? We can discuss after you're all done eating, if you want."

Carrie began wildly scarfing down her plate. ordering berries, different drinks, and even a jar of honey. Every time the waiter came she would loudly thank him and the Linoone for paying. Collins on the other hand took carefully measured bites and tried to observe everything and everyone around him. Most of the other customers are too far so this isn't an ambush. He doesn't seem to be signaling the waiter any way so it's not like he controls this place. He actually paid for the food so any swindle tactics would seem dumb. Still hungry, he set the berry down looked at the Linoone with a serous expression. "She's going to be at it for a while. there is no need to wait. So lets get on with it. This is more than just simple charity. No?"

Lux stood outside the town as the scraggy and pidgeotto went into town. The two nodded at each other and started to get all dirty. The scraggy got dirt on its face and the pidgeotto flapped it’s wings really hard, so it looked tired. Then the two went into a tavern. The two made their best attempt to stick out a little and sat down looking very tired.

"Ah, so I can cast this charade aside, thank you. The smile started to hurt a little." With these words, Novel happy expression change to his usual lifeless self, and his cheerful voice was no more. He now began being more direct instead of using carefully choosen words.

"I'll get straight to the point, don't want to waste too much of my time. You want money? And fast? Well, wasting so much effort for just five Poké isn't the right way. I assume you know of the Expedition Society? And that they are accepting mostly anyone? And that it pays very well? Here's my proposition: form a team with me. You won't regret it. Oh, and of course you'll want to be the boss of the team, right? You seem to be more the bossy type anyway. So, what do you think?"

Collins was stunned by the offer. Out of all things he did not expect someone to work with him. He didn't even have an team yet their was already someone else who wanted to follow his lead.

"Welcome aboard!" Carrie exclaimed over her food. " A new friend. This will make things more fun."

"Well hold on Carrie. We need to think things carefully. If we want a team of elites we need to look over-"

"But having another friend would be more FUN. Riiigghht? She begins to stare at the Inkay with a expressionless smile. frozen in place.

"While it is true having more Pokemon power would be a great use. Trusting someone out the blue-"

"It would be FUN. Rigghht?" Carrie's body is completely stiff as she emphasizes each word.

Collins takes a deep sigh. "It seems my underling has taken an interest in you. Very well. I, Collins have decided that you are unofficially now a member of team World-Runner. But know that if at any moment i suspect that you might betray me, i will kick you out or even worse." The Spinda cheers at having a new partner, make even more of a mess with her food.

"Now then. since you are somewhat now a member I guess there are new matters....."Collins trailed off as he saw two peculiar Pokemon walk into the tavern. A Pidgeotto and a Scraggy. They looked weak and homeless. that's a better performance than us. Collins thought. If i didn't do the same act earlier, Carrie might have thought it was real. but not me. The Inkay eyed the suspicious two and glanced back at the Linoone. "Say, whats your read on those two?"

Damian was too busy eating his apple whilst Rhonda noticed the Riolu and Honedge. She smiled and waved to them before she returned to her apple. Eventually they both finished and only apple cores remained, on the other side of the path was a trash can.

Damian and Rhonda looked at each other and nodded with a smirk, they both threw their apple cores simultaneously and successfully dunked them into the trash can. Afterward, they got up and high fived each other.

"Alright!" Rhonda cheered.

"That was a good lil break, let's go start out expedition team!" Damian replied.

"Those two?" Novel asked "Well, they're obviously making their best attempt to stick out. They're also not injured or anything, just dirt everywhere. It's an act, and in the wrong place in my opinion. But good hearts will fall for this show. They always do, but becomes rare these day." Novel then turned back to the Inkay, and said "Your show was better, right spot on. And no, this isn't empty flattery, but only an honest opinion."

Novel began to think: ...kick me out, or even worst? He should turn down his ego a bit, for his own safety. And the Spinda has more control on him than I thought. Better no upset her. And... Oh, right. "Say, talking about trust, we didn't present yourselves yet. My name's Novel, easy enough to remember? Long story short, I used to do many little "shows" in order to survive as a kid. Was alone. No real family because... never mind that. Then I started stealing when I grew as a teen. And one day, I got caught, wasn't good as I thought I was. I met someone and... I've been trying to earn money more honestly since. Doesn't always work. Boring story, I know. So... your names?"